16• Hidden Meanings In Writing

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

• Hidden meanings are meant to subtle!!!

There is something a lot of you are fond of which is utterly ridiculous. Of course, as the saying goes; writers are mostly oblivious to what they write. They are the WORST judges if their own craft.

So, it's a bit excusable why you do this, but it's still baffling all the same.

Yes. Sad. I know.

You will find these kind of writers in every neighbouring wattpad profile. Bet it with me. I know a lot of you write stories based on the reality of slavery, human trafficking, cannibalism, racism, and th likes. But there is a way in which you do it that makes it very annoying and kind of absurd.

Even worse when you don't even know how to write at all.

A lot of you writers would, of course, mention what their stories entail and how they plan to shine light on it and we're like "okay, that's cool."

Then the author proceeds to treat the audience like idiots who suck milk from their mothers breasts while scrolling through the book with baby fingers!

This is in line with writers who write like their readers do not have a functional brain.

You blatantly hit readers with ridiculous scenes that blatantly state what is happening, why it is happening, and forcing those situations to make your point...

I pushed Jake into the closet, badgering him about the injustice of the world. I move back to make my point and a random stranger/classmate stops to talk to me, the ever awesome MC.

"My boyfriend hit me this morning simply because I didn't wash the dishes. So sexist."

She struts off and I shrug my shoulders at Jake. "Tou see the state the world is in?"

Yes. I have literally read this in a book I judged just Las week and here is another one. The MC was a black girl talking her complexion and her skin, along with how different it was from whites as if to drive her point home. I immediately wanted to ram my head against my scre6when she mentioned how dry her skin was compared to others. Since white people easily get pimples because of their oily skin... 😑😑😑

Someone seriously wrote about this.

I am black and I have oily skin! ANYONE can have any type of skin and it isn't limited to just one race. But I guess the writer didn't know much or even bothered to find out the basic things before writing such a silly theory.

I mean... why do you guys behave like this?

I have done a lot of silly things when I stated out writing but i just find this strange... I mean... I am speechless right now.

You need to stop doing this. Humans are smart enough to deduce things kn their own. I'd they can't get it right halfway, by the time they are through with the novel, they will understand!

Never be afraid to keep your readers in the dark. They have brains.

B. R. A. I. N. S.

These brains work. They process information and make deductions. No person will read a novel about human trafficking, follow the characters, and NOT know that the story is about human trafficking. It's even crazy how you introduce it in the author's note AND STILL shout it out in the novel itself.

Unless you are writing for people who read drunk in an upside down position with their eyes shut.

Your readers and reviewers and judges are going to ho nuts and bat shit crazy when you treat them like new born babies that can't even read a simple sentence.

It's frustrating and the most annoying thing is that a whole lot of you write which stories horribly. Why not write an article on it instead of a novel, that will give you all the freedom to outright state the point multiple times.

And of course, most of these "serious crisis" books are shitty romances.

Having your MC meet one hot guy and falling in love will jot solve all these problems

☹☹☹☹

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro