37• Should You Listen To Everything Your Reviewer Tells You?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Your reviewer is one person who speaks 50% truth, and when other people agree with the review, it becomes 80% truth.

There are a few times your reviewer judges your book strongly on their personal preferences, and that is wrong.

Very wrong.

For example, a reviewer who doesn’t mind reading a book with grammatical errors/other things will not help you at all. Apart from the fact they will view simplistic writing as perfect, the book will be okay in their eyes when that isn’t even so.

This Al's applies to reviewers who met out unfair reviews. Your book might be a good one but they will label it as trash since it's not to their tastes. Emphasis on good. This stupid thing happens a lot and it's all because the reviewer does not like the book or taht particular genre.

Please look for another reviewer.

One person gives a review and honestly, you should keep in mind what they mentioned. But if you strongly feel the review wasn’t satisfying, you shouldn’t take it to heart.

To put it simply, it’s not advisable to apply for just one review.

If you want a serious review, target those who give it to you without holding back (pointing out everything with your book) and request reviews from them.

A lot of people will say funny things about encouragement but I would like to tell you where you are wrong.

You see, when you guys apply for your books to be featured or for publishing houses or agents . . . I think I’ll first mention that of featured books here on wattpad. There are phases or steps your books go through, and do you know what the first one is. . .?

Thousands of writers submit books to publishing houses, sometimes all at once, and these people (not machines) would have to go through humongous piles of books to dig out the treasures they require.

Do you know what first phase the books go through?

Mistakes!

If there is one/a few glaring mistakes in your very first chapter/first paragraph, they are going to slap that book down the same way a pancake lands in a heated frying pan after a sweet flip.

Well, that was kinda lame.

These people are in a hurry to find good books among trash and they won’t waste their time reading further through trash.

That is why when you sometimes wonder if reviewers actually read your book. Well, some won’t be able to read past the first chapter when your book was really bad. One thing you should especially note is that most of the reviewers here are not exactly experts; me included.

So now imagine putting your book in front of the gurus.

They will sink you!

Lamee, you appear to be going off topic.

“My apologies.”

You shouldn’t rely on just one review as different people have different opinions, but a lot are going to share the same thing!

Apply for reviews and get at least ten of them, or maybe five before you start making comparisons.

Personally, one shocking thing I noticed about my reviews was that every single one I got kept saying the same thing, and it wasn’t until I made some changes to my book before I finally noticed the problem and corrected that one too.

Believe me, one review won’t satisfy you . . . unless they beat the shit out of your precious buk.

Not everything some reviewers say will be correct; especially when they don’t give you a solid reason for why something shouldn’t be so.

THIS IS WHY RESEARCH IS VERY IMPORTANT.

IT IS YOUR BOOK AND YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WILL DECIDE HOW GOOD/TRASHY IT WILL BE. THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE THE ADEQUATE KNOWLEDGE TO KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD AND SHOULDN’T DO!

There are sometimes when your reviewer can be wrong but you wouldn’t know because . . . well, you don’t know anything.

For example, I have seen many reviewers judge covers that look like they were made from a person’s grave and then say the cover is beautiful.

Do you have dead eyes or something?

Unfortunately guys, I can’t find any of my old covers to use as examples, so let’s just use our crazy imagination.

Don’t just take up one review.

Take up many/a few!

The decision lies with you in the end and you better have good judgement to know what you want and what to do. But when your reviewer gives you a general idea of where you went wrong and where you did well, you should consider it or at least do something about it.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro