41• I Am Back!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

• I missed you all!

How've you all been? I recently read a novel and couldn't really bottle up my feelings about it so here I am.

I was just going through a novel and there was one infuriating, saddening element I found. And this is not the first time I have seen this in a romance novel!

Some research for my upcoming novel went ultra wrong.

NOTHING justifies cheating!

Okay, let me calm down and start from the beginning. Do you know when you are reading a book and then you discover how the writer twists things to make the main character look like the victim? Then you are like "does this person think we cannot see this?"

Nothing is more disturbing than when you blatantly shift things to make it easier for your main character.

To start, this young woman has a boyfriend. They grew up together and have been tight best friends for years. He stuck by her during her hard times, took care of her, and now they have been dating for solid five years. Can a pair be any tighter than this?

Moving on, a sexy dude (incubus) becomes her new neighbour and visits them with his friends. He has the hots for her and proceeds to seduce her. She too finds herself falling into his trap. No one should get me wrong. There will be times when you may be attracted to someone even if you are with another person and okay, I understand that. To even buttress the difficulty, he is one finger licking incubus.

So our babe here is busy lusting over him and trying to stay faithful to her boyfriend. Now this is where the novel took a very annoying turn. I cannot even begin to describe how much I hate this.

I found it thoroughly disturbing.

Lord, help me.

Nothing is more underserving, more selfish, cruel, than for you to turn one sweet boyfriend of hers into a cosmical demon/villain just so you can justify her coupling with the male mc.

I mean. This was crazy obvious. One moment, this loving, compassionate boyfriend that grew up with her and makes time in his schedule to be with her SUDDENLY doesn't have time for her, neglects her, and doesn't even understand her. And you know what?

*snaps fingers*

This all started when hot sugar daddy came into the picture.

He conveniently became one selfish bastard so his babe could have the time and opportunity to welcome the new man. WOW.

What even made this more incredulous is the fact that this boyfriend of hers who no longer "understands" her is someone who has been her best friend since they were kids. Can anyone be so bold to dig an even deeper trap for themselves?

Next thing we know, this dude NO LONGER has time for her and it's even hinted that he is cheating on her with another woman at his work place. Wow, what a realistic way to present things on a silver platter to our lucky MC.

This is insane! Why not give us clues to these symptoms BEFORE the irresistible demon came into play?! And not show us a sweet guy morph into a demonic entity of evildom with a flick of your pen.

I found this very sickening.

She could just be a neglected partner for heaven's sake, trying to find ways to pull her negligent other closer when another dude comes to snag her attention. But NOOOOOOO, you just had to do this!

Why do this?

Just why?

Apart from this, there are many other creative ways you could spin something like this. A girl with a neglectful/cheating boyfriend is not the only way you can cause rift between a couple!

Or even worse. Turn him into a monster for the sake of plot armor.

Okay, back to the novel. I was beyond irritated and the deal breaker arrived sooner than expected. I had to stop reading after this. I'm sure this writer had a wonderful story to tell but THE LITTLE THINGS MATTER. I cannot go on with this fallacy of a relationship.

This babe had an embarrassing moment at his workplace; something that had happened in the past. Do you know what this oh-so-close-best-friend-since-they-were-little boyfriend did?

He went ape shit on her! Over a little thing. A woman in discomfort threw up in public and you went ape shit on her when you used to cuddle her as she woke up from nightmares and suffered from physiological trauma.

Hello? What happened to communication?

Isn't it the norm for an understanding guy to at least ask "Is something wrong?"

At least check if the bitch is truly drunk before assaulting, you insolent baboon of a boyfriend! What happened to communication? Only a moronic rat would think someone can have specific control when and where they would throw up.

You were freaking close! How could you not have known about this simple problem of hers?! And to top it off with creamy sugar, you just had to yell at her cause you have to clean up her mess.

P.S. I am ranting at the former loving boyfriend here and not the author.

Please, is anyone buying this?

Next thing we know, she is distressed and out sexy Incubus comforts her and they shack up. To top this off, her roommate/second best friend hates her BF guts (something I unsurprisingly didn't see in the beginning). What kind of trashy friend hates a guy who is loving and treats you well?! This b@@$£ of a friend went all the way to even advise her to dump her "misbehaving" BF and shake booty with sexy Incubus.

This is exhausting.

I really, really, really, want to hate the female MC but I can't do that because I know she is not the brains behind what is going on with her boyfriend.

I mean come on.

Just why would you do this?

This was a lovable young man who you turned rogue just so you could justify her swapping saliva with an irresistible guy. I see what you are doing. You don't want the readers to blame the girl for ditching a nice boi for a swash buckling swaggins but you are making things worse.

Most sensible readers who notice this will be annoyed. Please, if you are writing a romance or any novel whatsoever;

DO NOT PULL THIS CRAP

It is utter nonsense. Would it kill you to work on a single or divorced character? Yes, there are shitty partners out there but you have no excuse to paint a background of a lovable person and have them turn into something else just cause you want your mc to get on with the love interest.

I

Beg

You

This must be stopped.

When was the last time a novel irritated you and what kind of  ogus content did it contain?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro