Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

He looked at the Manglesutra adorning her neck. It was the same one he had put around her neck two years ago. Just then Aman walked in and saw the two. "You know..." Neil turned around "When all of this happened me Ali Bhai and DD Bhai told Di to take the Manglesutra off but she wouldn't she kept saying 'No My Neil will come for me guys' and 'Neil could never do that'. I have been told by Neela Ma how important these types of relationships are for Di, she watched our own father not except her and Ma. She's been through too much Neil, she's been hurt too many times, all of us have told her to let go off you and to let the past go but she won't she loves you too much to do that. And i can see the love that you have for Di in your eyes but how can you agree to get married to Rhea...Don't you know she was the one who showed Avni those pictures." Neil's head whirled around "What..R-rhea did this." "Yeah she showed Di them straight after your family insulted Di, once everyone had walked away it was just them two." Neil's fists clenched in anger. Aman walked over to him and pat his back "Your a good guy Neil but please i beg you don't hurt my sister anymore she completely broken she doesn't need someone who is going to walk over the pieces of her heart, She doesn't deserve that, so please make a decision." Aman gave him a small smile and walked out the room as Neil looked at her.

Just then Neela walked in. "How could you Neil?She told me everything. How could you do that to such a innocent child? And on top of that you didn't have the strength to tell me and your own family. Shame on you...SHAME ON YOU." Neela raised her hand but lowered it "You know what your not worth it." Nano entered "Neela Bacha leave it, leave him." Neela turned back to look at Neil. "Get out of my house, isn't this what your family said to My child, well i'm saying it to you, GET OUT."  Neil walked out with tears dripping from his eyes. As he got home he pushed past his family members and walked towards his room.

*the following morning*

Avni woke to a splitting head ache. She rubbed her eyes and got out off bed. As she did she stumbled slightly but regained her composure. She walked towards the shower and stripped down, she turned on the spiking hot water which somehow managed to give her energy. The hotness of the water making her feet red. After a while she stepped out and changed into a striped blouse with tight fitted pants and black heels, she walked towards her mirror sitting down and beginning her makeup, applying concealer,blush and mascara as well as eyes shadow before moving to add red lipstick to her lips. With in minutes she was ready and made her way down the stairs.

She noticed that no one was in. She walked down the stairs and found a note on the fridge. 'Hey Avu, me and Nano have gone to the NGO and Aman has made his way to college there is some breakfast for you if your not running late and Don't forget to have the medication i  have put in your bag all ready-Neela Ma.' She smiled slightly and looked at her watch. "oh shit." She hopped in her car quickly and made her way to her office. On the way she got a phone call "Hey Avu." "Hey Ashok, what's up?" "I can't come in.""Ashok....is everything okay?" "Look Avni i'll tell you soon but now isn't the time." "Okay Bro, take care okay and if you need anything or Bhabi needs something let me know." "Yeah..." He hung up. Well that wasn't weird. She shook her head and entered the car park. She quickly parked making sure it was in the lines before grabbing her hand bag and walking into the office. Anjali stood up "Good morning Mam." "Good Morning Anjali, what do we have today." "Only one appointment, Neil Khanna and the information is here given by Abeer and you have the hearing for case 200 at 5pm." "Thanks." Avni smiled and walked to her office. She sat down and opened the envelop, she studied all of the information and was going to move on to the personal bio's when Neil walked in. "Anyone teach you to knock." "Sorry" "Its fine. Take a seat." He sat. "No one else?" "No not today." She looked at him, "okay so Ashok isn't here however my guys have given me the information and i was just going through it, So far i the Khulbhushan seems to be buying a load of guns recently according to the shop owners it wasn't him directly going there to buy them its been his men. According to receipts i found one for Acid meaning that he's planning and acid attack. I was just going to go through the bio's."  As she was her face turned pale looking at the last one, which Neil noticed "Avni...What's wrong." "This the same guy that attacked me yesterday." Avni sighed an put those things to one side, she turned to the GPS that Abeer had planted on his car. Her eyes widened. "I know i'm going to regret asking but what's wrong?" Avni rubbed her temples "He's coming up this area to the shopping mall" It was Neil's turn to get agitated "I Know i'm going to regret asking..." Neil mentally smiled "but what's wrong?" Finished Avni. "Maddy Bua and Ma are both there and Karena is meeting them there." They looked at each other and at the same time said "SHIT." They pushed there chairs back and ran out. As Avni ran passed she stopped and looked at Anjali causing Neil to halt to "Anjali call Abeer and the back up squad we are gonna need them, send them to these co-ordinates and tell Abeer that they need to go under cover." Anjali nodded, Avni ran on with Neil matching her pace. She took her gun out and slipped it under her blazer with handcuffs. Neil looked at her in surprise "I became part of the police ages ago, why do you think me and DD got so close." He was having one of those moments where everything made sense to him. "But....""Not now Neil, you can ask me one hundred and one questions later." She looked at him after and muttered "till date he hasn't lost the habit of asking question after question." Neil heard this and smiled. She got her keys in the ignition and quickly pulled out, without looking she pulled out fast taking sharp corners and speeding up to 100 mph, Neil grabbed on to the door handle and the other hand was clutching the seat belt "Av--Avni slow down, i don't want to die because my wifey can't drive sensibly." "Neil shut up, this is your family, we don't want to get there too late." She moved gear speeding more. Not bothering to say anything about the  'wifey' thing, he too noticed but took it as a win. 

They reached a few minutes later, Abeer rushed towards them, looking towards Neil "You must be Neil, pleasure to meet you, and oh by the way don't you dare hurt my sis again." The two men shook hands. "Anyway Avni this is bad, he's got men surrounding the perimeter, each of them are armed. We are trying to get all bystanders to another safe area but its not working." He looked back at Neil "We could use your help." "That's why i'm here." Abeer handed him a few guns and handed another one to Avni,"This gun won't kill, it will simply knock people out chose one that we can crack later." They both smirked. "Abeer is Khulbhushan here?" "No sign of him yet Avu." 

Just then a gun shot was heard. People became frantic, as Avni nodded towards Abeer they back up were leading people away. Avni looked around and spotted Shweta and Maddy Bua along with Karena and Bebe. Neil was engaged all ready with a random person who was shooting at them. Avni looked at him and then the four members of his family. She jumped over the table which was lying like a shield and dodged the sudden bullets aimed for her. Neil finished the guy of and turned to Avni...But she wasn't there. His eyes helplessly met Abeer who pointed to a direction. His eyes followed and saw Avni going towards his family. He ran up to Abeer. "They are all aiming at Avni engage the ones on the roof and the ones down below." Abeer nodded signalling his people to follow Neil's orders which the did. Avni after a few seconds reached the four women who looked at her. Just then two men advanced towards them. Avni punched the first one knocking him out instantly, she opened the gun with the sedative bullet and plunged it in his neck, the other man wasn't expecting that but still advanced, he pushed Avni to the side and grabbed for Maddy. Avni caught his arm and stepped in front like a human barrier. She twisted his arm backwards, poked his eyes so he couldn't see and swooped down knocking his legs out. She stood above him before punching him, causing him to black out. She tied the two guys together shoving them towards Abeer who shoved them in the back of a van which drove off. The rest of the men had disbursed. Neil came towards his family who was with Avni along with Abeer. The four women hugged Neil as Avni and Abeer spoke "Avni they are gonna come back and this time with a better plan.The GPS is tracking their locations and one of our tech guys i has sent a drone following them capturing images." Avni rubbed her temples "Avu everything will be fine don't worry, we have done countless cases like this before." "I know Abeer its just that i feel something is going to go wrong, if not now definitely later." Abeer gave her a weak smile. "Avni...." Abeer and Avni turned. Maddy Bua walked up to her "Bacha, Thank you...you saved us." Avni smiled weakly "Its fine." Bebe spoke up "No putar its not fine, you put your life one the line to save our despite the way we..." Avni averted her gaze composing herself and looking back at them dead in the eye "I was dong my job, this needs to be done to strengthen the case, we can't have the victims dead or what's the point. Speaking of my job..."She checked the time 4:30. She turned to Abeer " i have a hearing in court to do,so i'll see you later text me when dumb and dumber awake from their beauty sleep." "Oh totally..." Abeer smirked "Why don't you be prince charming kiss them awake." "Avni." She laughed. She looked towards the family particularly at Neil before walking off.

*Two hours later*

It had been an hour and thirty minutes and Avni was fighting her clients case fiercely. Neil and his family had slipped in about forty minutes ago and where watching to see how good Avni was...After all they wanted the best to fight there case. "So your honour Mr. Kapoor killed his wife simply because he thought she was having an affair. We analysed the late Mrs Kapoor's body and found countless lash marks, burns to skin. We called a doctor to analyse further who told us that Mrs Kapoor had been raped and was in fact 16 weeks pregnant." She walked over and handed the judge the paper work. "Not only that your honour, Mrs Kapoor's younger brother-in-law also told us that the family had been insulting and bad mouthing her which resulted into her self harming, Mrs Kapoor's body was all ready weak from the rape and the beatings so when Mr Kapoor pushed her she died faster than any other person would because she was physically weak, had the abusiveness not happened she simply would have been knocked out." Avni sat back down "That's all your honour." The opposing then stood up "But Miss Ayesha isn't that what happened to you, weren't you accused of cheating but you ran away to the US." The Khanna family tensed. Avni closed her eyes saying "Permission to speak your honour." He gave it to her. She stood up addressing the entire court. "Why is it that every single time in history a woman has to go through some type of test just to prove her innocence, First Sita ji, who was asked by her own husband to give a Agnipriksha to prove her innocence and to prove she was pure...what did it result in....death.  Then Draupadi, who was stripped in front of her own kith and kin...she too was called impure countless times...what did that result in?...The Mahabharat. From a women you get everything- a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend and despite times changing the story is still the same." She turned towards the lawyer. "Look Mr Chandan what happens in my life is none of your business, in fact its none's business, yes those thing happened i was accused of cheating and you want to know why i left...i left because if you are living in a house where women are not respected then you have ever right to leave, i'm not Sita ji or Draupadi who relied on their husbands for everything i am my own independent person and can make decisions for my self." She looked back at the court. "Remember one thing; A REAL MAN never hurts a women. Be careful when you make a women cry  because god counts her tears. The woman came out of the man's rib NOT  from his feet to be walked on and NOT from his head to be superior, but from his side to be EQUAL. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved." All the women stood up and clapped for her followed soon after by the men. Once it had died down she spoke "That's all you honour." He then took five minutes to decide. "I hereby charge Mr Kapoor with the death of Mrs Kapoor alongside with charges of rape and abuse. Take him." Avni smiled. She had won. She turned around and saw the Khanna family but let it slide nothing could damper her mood, she had put so much effort in this case and finally it all paid off.  Her and her clients walked out soon followed by the Khanna family. They stood behind watching the scene in front of them.  Avni bent down seeking  blessings from Mrs Kapoor's Parents Mr and Mrs Verdi, Mrs Verdi smiled and hugged her followed by Mr Verdi "Thank you Beta, you have given our daughter justice, finally she can move on where ever she is, you truly are like Mata Durga Putri the way in which you handled them was amazing, never loose that." Avni smiled nodding "Aunty ji, Uncle ji, i know you two have been through a lot but now is the time to move on my mumma always says that after a every rain cloud the sun does eventually shine." "You are such a nice person Putri, you helped us when no one else was willing to, you are the sunshine in our lives, Thank you." "Arre Stop with Thank yous, your older than me, just give me your love and blessings so i can help give justice to others in need." They smiled before saying their farewells and leaving.  Avni turned and ended up face first into a chest. Avni stepped back rubbing her nose and looking at Neil and his family. Maddy Bua spoke "Beta that was amazing, you should be proud of yourself." "No Mrs Khanna. i'll be proud when i can help more people get justice, when everyone learns the difference between right and wrong...Seems like a far fetched dream but i know i can do it." They smiled at her, suddenly her phone went of with Ashok's name. She picked it up "Hey Ashok..." "-A-A-Avni..." Her heart stopped her expressions changed which was noticed by the Khanna family. "Ashok...What's wrong....What happened?" "Avni's she's gone...She's left me and Aarti alone." "Ashok please can you clearly tell me what has happened. "Your Bhabi packed up and left.....she's been cheating on me. Avni i need you...Aarti needs you." "Ashok i'm coming just hang in there okay bro, stay on the line with me okay, Don't cut the line..." She looked at the family in front of her. "Ashok two minutes." She turned to the family "I'm sorry, i need to go my friend needs me right now." Shweta suddenly replied "Is it to get laid." Avni looked at her in disgust. "If you must no which actually its none of your business but you have habit of poking your head into every matter. Ashok just got cheated on by his wife. Okay? His little daughter is crying her eyes out because her mother has abandoned her and Ashok is shattered because his wife left him for a douche bag. But see you have a habit of saying things when they don't need to be said. SHAME ON YOU. Shame on you for thinking like that. But i'm the fool right thinking you have any humanity in you after all you kept trying to separate me from your son." Avni was walking but stopped turning around "I'm going because he is my friend, friends are always there for each other in the highest of times and there weakest and he has always been moral support for me even when he's not been around." She began walking away again but stopped, looking towards Neil "And besides i know what its like to be cheated on." She shook her head attending the call from Ashok before getting into her car and driving off.

Hey guys, So what do you think? Comment and let me know, i always appreciate the comments don't forget to vote and follow too. Also quick annoncement part one: i'm going on a road trip for four days and will get back on the Friday (Hence the long update). Secondly i want to thank each and everyone for loving this book, i have completed 10 chapters already and my book is receiving so much love and support so thank you to each and everyone of you who comments (Which make me laugh sometimes), vote and read this too. i love you all- Hugs and Kisses to you all. (And 3101 words-officially the longest update of this book) 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro