Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Seokjin was gone for a whole week. He didn't inform her where he was going or for how long he would be gone or when he'd contact her. Nothing. This definitely felt like betrayal to Sehee.

It was too late that night when Seokjin dropped her at her place and Sehee had been sleepy to the point that she could barely walk upto her place. She did remember giving him a quick kiss on his cheek as a thanks before quickly disappearing in the building. She had later caught sight of him hiding his face in his hands and jumping around happily before driving away. Even though she had been a little embarrassed herself, she was quite happy with his reaction then.

The first day he didn't come to see her, she was okay with it. She knew he must have some job and he needed his rest. She concluded, he must've worked overtime or something but did he even work a normal nine to five job?

The third day, Sehee was kicking herself for not having the common sense of asking him his number. That's like the first freaking rule of dating! So stupid!

The fifth day, she was mess. She whined endlessly over three shots of soju and a couple of beer bottles with Aera. Aera could do nothing but listen to her unnie feeling bad for all the wrong things. She was mad at herself for not asking his number, she was mad for kissing him on the cheek, CHEEK! She was worried that she might've done something wrong that's why this mysterious guy didn't bother to see her again. Why couldn't she understand that the problem was with the dude? But Sehee was beyond understanding when she finally shut up.

Only because she was passed out cold.

By the next Monday, Sehee had lost all hope to see Seokjin ever again. She was finally out of her toxic thoughts by Monday and was feeling positively better about the situation. She had been rejected, which was normal. She had turned down a lot of guys before and had been turned down herself a few times. It was normal but then why did it feel like this wasn't supposed to end so soon?

Sehee was surprised to hear her doorbell ringing that night. It was past midnight. Who could come to see her at this time? Aera would've called beforehand if she was coming. The appartment complex she lived in was in a good locality with families residing with kids. The security was good enough to keep any burglars away.

Cautiously she looked through the peephole and saw a man in a thick overcoat, hair covered with a hat and a mask covering his face. She gasped, quickly recognising those piercing but soft eyes.

She pulled the door open, angry beyond words but it vanished the moment she saw his tired smile. Anger was quickly replaced with concern after seeing his tired eyes.

She let him in silently and went in the kitchen to get some ice tea for him. When she returned, she found him sprawled on her sofa with his head back and eyes closed.

"You could've waited till morning to come here," Sehee said in a small voice, avoiding looking at him. She didn't want to lose her mind.

"I couldn't wait," he said just as quitely, sipping on his ice tea. "I needed to apologise."

Sehee sighed and got up, walking towards the window. Even smelling whatever cologne he used made it hard to breath for her. She needed to stay determined if she wanted some control over this relationship.

"Fine. Apologise and then leave. I have an early morning tomorrow," she snapped. She heard him sigh and heard shuffling but didn't dare look back. Not even when she could feel him standing right behind her, far too close.

"I shouldn't have disappeared like that. I should've at least given you my number which I seriously regret but trust me when I say that there wasn't a moment when I didn't think about you. I missed you. I missed hearing your voice, seeing your bright smile and your food of course. I'm really sorry, Sehee-ah. I promise this won't happen ever again. Even if I'm gone for days, because I will be gone a lot, I will call you or text you every chance I get. I promise. Just forgive me this once."

Sehee felt her throat constricting hearing his heartfelt words. Even though she wasn't looking at him, she knew he was tormented just as she was. He had missed her just as much as she had but she still had some questions she needed answered before she decided if she wanted to continue this or not because God knew she felt it in her bones that this man was special.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked. He sighed again. "I didn't get the time. It was a very spontaneous project and I had no choice but leave early next morning after our date. I couldn't risk people finding that I was involved with someone. It might have been a mess if I asked someone to deliver my message and too much stress for you. So, I just..."

The more he talked, the more confused she got. Why couldn't he just tell her clearly what was going on?

Sehee finally turned around and saw Seokjin just standing in front of her with his head down and completely crestfallen. She wanted to forget everything and just wrap him in her arms and keep him safe but not right now. She deserved some answers.

"Who are you, Kim Seokjin?" She asked finally.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro