00 - It Was Time...

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Cherry blossoms fell and flew by my hair. I stood upright as I faced the Otonokizaka student in front of me.

In front of me - a girl with crimson hair. 17 years old. Outgoing fourth year student.

Name - Nishikino....Maki-chan...

NICO'S POV

"Hey...Maki-chan...you called me out here for something. What is it?"

The person I was speaking to just stayed silent. Her eyes though tell me what she feels now. I feel it too. She is anxious with what she is about to say. Or maybe her eyes are telling me...that I am a bit different now...

"....sigh..."

"Nico-chan. Let's break up."

So she has decided....

"...Nico...you understand, don't you? I mean...I'm graduating. The road has ended for both of us now. We have to take seperate paths."

".....Maki..."

I approached Maki-chan and said calmly:

"...you called me out here just to say that? You could've just called me via your phone or online..."

"I wanted to see your reaction, Nico-chan. Hearing your voice alone is not enough for me."

I just felt natural when I heard her words, as if the words "break up" did not mean anything.

"Okay. Let's break up. We've been together for so long anyway."

I responded honestly too. What else should have I said?

"...wait...you're...you're not angry or anything?"

"Why should I? Maki-chan, both of us knew from the start that it will come to this someday. We should not cry about it."

I looked away after I said that. I slowly backed away when Maki-chan grabbed my arm and said:

".....really? You sure you wouldn't cry, Nico-chan?"

Suddenly, a swarm of cherry blossoms flew by me and a bright flash appeared.

I opened my eyes to find myself in my new house. A dream huh, but as I was thinking about it, I felt something wet on my cheeks. I realized...

I woke up - with tears in my eyes.

The heck. Why did I allow that dream to make me cry? I don't see the point!?

I was about to wipe those tears away when suddenly...

"Oneechan!! What's wrong!!?"

I looked beside me - my cute little brother, Cotaro. Currently in elementary. He's probably 8 - 10 yrs old by now...huh, why did I forget his age?

"Ahh...sorry, I just - "

"Here.", he handed me a tissue. I thanked him and I wiped my tears away.

"Sorry, Cotaro. I just had a bad dream."

"Oneechan, you miss your girlfriend don't you?"

"Uhhh...yeah...I do..."

"Geez. If having a girlfriend makes you cry, then I hope I don't get one in the future...."

"Ahh...but Cotaro...."

"ONEECHAN!!!"

The door opened beyond the two of us. It was Cocoro, the eldest amongst my three siblings. She's probably 13-14 yrs old by now. She's an incoming first year highschooler now...of Otonokizaka Academy......

...OH MY GOD!! I JUST REMEMBERED IT'S GRADUATION DAY TODAY!! I'M LATE!

"Hey, Oneechan. You said you'd bring me to Otonokizaka today so that I could check out the school!!!"

"Ahh!! Sorry!! Come on, let's go!!"

Immediately I got out of my bed, and went to the shower for a quick bath.

"Geez, what's up with big sister!?"

"Cocoro.....onee-chan was crying when I was about to wake her up."

"Ehh!!? That happened, Cotaro!?"

I did not know they talked about my tears, in any case they decided not to talk to me about it for now. Getting to school is the bigger priority.

-----

Cocoro and I walked to Otonokizaka, my two siblings Cocoa and Cotaro were left in charge of our house. We walked through crowds in this big city of Akihabara. But the surroundings reminded me of the reality - a lot has changed; it has been two years since u's disbanded.

Passing by a clothing shop, I saw the shop's name: Minalinsky 9 Dash. Yeah, Kotori-chan just began a clothing business, though her mom is the current manager of the shop.

"Hey, onee-chan, I'll do a quick look at the shop, if you mind. It'll only take about 3 minutes and 21 seconds."

"Sure, go ahead and be quick."

Yeah, my sister is a math geek, and she has a habit of being accurate with things she do and with her schedule.

Anyway, while Cocoro gets in the shop, I looked at a TV shop just opposite of Minalinsky 9 Dash. The TVs were showing commercials...familiar commercials....

The first commercial shows Eri Ayase, now a singer of a hit band called FlipSide. She's been doing a lot of voice acting and anime-related projects lately.

The second was Umi Sonoda, advertising sports wear. She's planning on continuing her family's legacy and join the Olympics via archery.

Then....ugghh...the third and last one showed....Maki-chan...singing an upcoming PV song called "Dream Trigger", dressed in a beautiful dark blue and black outfit. She now goes by the name of "Pile" and has only just started voice acting. Overall, it seems all of them are being working students.

Geez, really? Those commercials were making feel uncomfortable on purpose?

"Onee-chan, I'm done! Let's go!!"

"Uggh...yeah....."

Finally we got to Otonokizaka, where I found another realization. There were A LOT of students at the gates and inside the school.

"Whoa...looks like I am going to have a lot of classmates and senpais!!"

"Yeah....."

"....hey, onee-chan. Are you depressed?"

"Just...just don't mind me, Cocoro. I just got of bed."

"But you were cryin - ughh...nevermind...."

We walked towards the gym to see a very large number of people. A lot of students, and a lot of teachers.....but unusually there were also some journalists too.

The entire gym was filled and the stage in front showed Principal Minami making announcements. Somehow, something odd was going on...

"Hey, onee-chan!! Look, some students are carrying banners!!"

"What!!", I tried looking at them, but the crowd was thick, I could not see properly what texts were in the banners.

Finally, however, as everyone prepared to applaud, my curiousity was answered....

"I, Principal Minami, am proud to introduce to you the student council president....."

Yeah....I knew it...the reason so many people were here....

"....President Nishikino Maki!!"

And thus the crimson haired girl came out. 17 years old. Prettier than she was before. A hair tied in two carefully designed pigtails at the bottom of her head.

Nishikino Maki....Maki-chan....

------

A/N: Hi guys, and this series is a special one for me to make this time. Also, this might be one of my last NicoMaki fanfics for now, since I will start focusing more on Aqours in the future. In anycase, enjoy the drama and the story!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro