Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 7: The Unseen Threat

The days following that unsettling night were a blur of caution and quiet anxiety. YN and Yoongi moved through their routines with a heightened sense of awareness, both pretending to be fine, yet constantly on edge. Yoongi tried to maintain his focus on the album, but his thoughts often drifted to YN and the mysterious threat that seemed to loom over them.

One evening, while working late in the studio, Yoongi received a text from YN: Can we meet? I have a bad feeling tonight.

He didn’t hesitate. “Come to the studio,” he replied.

Less than twenty minutes later, YN arrived, her face pale and her eyes filled with worry. She wasted no time in speaking once she was inside, the door shut firmly behind her.

“I sensed it again,” YN said, her voice trembling slightly. “That presence. It’s getting closer, Yoongi.”

Yoongi’s expression hardened. “Did you see anything? Anyone following you?”

“No,” YN replied, shaking her head. “But I can feel it. Something isn’t right. It’s as if it’s trying to break through... a barrier of some sort.”

Yoongi stood up from his chair, crossing the room to her side. “We need to figure out what it wants. We can’t just keep waiting for it to make the first move.”

YN looked up at him, her eyes filled with a mixture of fear and determination. “I’ve been thinking the same thing. But... I’m scared, Yoongi. If it’s from my world, it could be here to take me back or worse, to eliminate any evidence of my presence here.”

The weight of her words hung in the air, and Yoongi could see the genuine fear in her eyes. He reached out, gently cupping her face in his hands. “YN, we’ll find a way to stop this. I don’t know much about your world, but I know that I’m not going to let anything happen to you.”

YN closed her eyes, leaning into his touch. “I don’t want to lose this... lose you. I never expected to find someone like you here, and now, the thought of leaving—”

“You won’t,” Yoongi interrupted, his voice firm. “You’re not going anywhere. We’ll deal with whatever this is together.”

They stood like that for a long moment, finding strength in each other’s presence. Eventually, YN pulled back slightly, her expression more resolute.

“We need answers,” she said. “And I think I know where we can start.”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow. “Where?”

“There’s an old building on the outskirts of the city,” YN explained. “I’ve sensed something strange there before. It might be connected to the presence I’m feeling. If we can investigate, maybe we’ll find some clues.”

Yoongi nodded, already grabbing his jacket. “Then let’s go.”

The drive to the building was tense, the city lights gradually giving way to darker, more desolate streets. The building YN had mentioned was a forgotten structure, its once-grand architecture now crumbling under the weight of time and neglect. It stood at the edge of a forest, half hidden by shadows and overgrown vegetation.

As they approached, YN’s anxiety heightened, but so did her resolve. She knew this place was important whether as a clue or as a trap, she couldn’t yet tell.

They entered cautiously, the air inside thick with dust and a sense of foreboding. Yoongi held a flashlight, its beam cutting through the darkness as they navigated the labyrinth of old hallways and forgotten rooms.

“This place is eerie,” Yoongi muttered, his voice echoing slightly.

YN nodded, her senses on high alert. “Stay close. If something happens—”

Before she could finish, a sudden noise echoed from deeper within the building—a sound that was distinctly not human. Yoongi’s grip tightened on the flashlight as he exchanged a tense glance with YN.

“That came from the basement,” YN whispered.

They moved toward the source of the sound, each step feeling heavier than the last. As they descended the creaking staircase into the basement, the temperature seemed to drop, and the air grew thicker with tension.

At the bottom, they found a heavy metal door, slightly ajar. Yoongi pushed it open with a creak, revealing a dark, cavernous space beyond. The beam of his flashlight swept across the room, revealing dusty old equipment, forgotten files, and... something else.

In the centre of the room, a strange device hummed softly, its surface pulsating with a faint, otherworldly glow. YN’s breath caught in her throat as she recognized it as a piece of technology from her world.

“This shouldn’t be here,” she whispered, her voice trembling.

Yoongi moved closer, examining the device. “What is it?”

“It’s... it’s a tracker. It’s been scanning for my presence,” YN explained, her heart pounding in her chest. “Someone—or something—from my world has been tracking me. That’s how it knows where I am.”

As they stared at the device, a cold realisation settled over them: they weren’t just being watched, they were being hunted.

Before they could react, the device suddenly sparked, sending out a burst of energy that knocked them both back. The room filled with a high-pitched whine, and the walls seemed to tremble as if the very fabric of reality was being disturbed.

“Yoongi!” YN shouted, reaching for him as the device began to emit a blinding light.

But before they could escape, the light engulfed them both, and everything went white.

Please Vote.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro