10. Reborn!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

10. Reborn!

Katekyo Hitman Reborn is a strange world. We have babies wearing weird, baby-sized intricate suits. We have bullets that don't exactly send you to the afterlife. We have fire that doesn't burn. We have a main character's house that doesn't collapse after all those explosions.

In the midst of all that craziness, you have me, someone that reincarnated into another world. Other than that, I'm just a dying kid that can do fake magic. But Reborn doesn't know that.

"Ciaossu." he greets me.

Let me rephrase that scene.

The one and only Greatest Hitman Reborn is walking along the walls. The girls were taken to school by Dad, so I was free today and walked to school. I turn the corner and- well, chance upon the super baby and our main character.

I look up at the child walking on a spot higher than my line of sight, and I smile. "Good morning," I greet back.

He doesn't know me and I don't know him. That's how it is now. Our relationship is of passerby and passerby, not with fangirl and anime character.

"That's a cool outfit." I commented. "Are you supposed to be a businessman?" I asked.

He bowed his head lightly, as if in thanks for the compliment. "I'm a Hitman." he said.

"Cool," I chuckle. "Have fun with that, then."

Meanwhile, Sawada Tsunayoshi had an awkward expression on his face- he didn't really know what to do when he was being ignored by me. I chuckle.

"Good morrning, Sawada-san." I greet.

He panics. "OH-" he fumbles, "U-Uh, G-Good morning... Ni-ninomiya-kun..."

"Just call me Rei," I try, "I have a pretty wide family, so calling me by family name's a little vague."

"Eh- Then, Rei-san..."

Oh, good chance! I thought, I can become friends with the main character! I smile. "Can I call you Tsunayoshi-kun?" I ask.

"Eh-EH?!? Tsuna's fine!"

"Then, Tsuna-kun."

"Eh-"

"Then, I'll see you at school, Tsuna-kun!"

I waved at him and continued on my way to school. I kept my posture stable and my face unfazed, a motion I was able to do with my acting skills. Because seriously, I was on the verge of laughing out loud and screaming at the nervousness of it all. I hope it wasn't on my face. Reborn can read minds.

What should I refer to Reborn as? Boy? infant? (Nah, that's Hibari's.) Reborn? Reborn-san? -chan? -kun?

But okay, I made friends with Tsuna. That's a nice start. It's really fun to be in a world when you know what's gonna happen. It's like being a god... a god of knowledge. It's like I have an all-seeing eye. I can see the future. It's cool.

I bump into someone. Anime cliche, and I get it. Seriously. I fall backwards, but a hand grabs mine before I hit the floor.

"WOAH!" the voice was a loud one, "I'm extremely sorry!"

Okay, I recognize that catchphrase. I look up to see a boy with awhite hair and bandages over his hands. A band aid was on his nose and he looked right at me with a stern, worried face.

He helped me regain my footing. "You extremely alright?" he asked.

"Yeah," I respond with a smile, "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Well, be extremely careful!" he says, pumping a fist, his feet still moving on spot to keep his body warm, "Well then, bye!"

I wave back.

Well, a lot of things are happening today.

-----

Lunctime, at the roof, I was practicing with my cards. Shuffling them, springing them from one hand to another, flipping them around, throwing them, stacking a card castle. I was alone, up on the roof, with only the sounds of cards clapping.

Then someone jumped down from the top of the roof's cabin.

My card castle fell. Despairing for half a second, I look up.

The oh-so familiar black-haired prefect seemed half-amused, half-irritated. "What are you doing up here, herbivore?" he asks.

I stopped. My brain functions crashed. What do I answer? If I give a wrong answer, will I die? Will he attack me? I don't think he cares about my health condition. Am I doing something wrong? He seems irritated. It's not classtime yet right? The bell hasn't rung yet.

"What about you, Hibari-senpai?" I ask back.

He tutted. Yep, that was a bad move. But no turning back now. I kept my smile stale on my face, trying not to show any signs of weakness- or being a herbivore.

"Answer my question, herbivore," he demands, obviously pissed now.

I raise my hands in a mock-surrender, "Playing with cards!" I grin, "There's still time before class begins, and I'm not crowding," I said defensively, "Wanna join me?"

And so he attacked. I quickly swerved to the side to avoid a metal rod hitting my face. I staggered to get up and distanced myself. Both tonfas were out now, and a battle stance ensued.

I held out my hands defensively in front of my face, "Woah woah wait! Hibari-san-senpai!"

"I'll bite you to death!"

-----

"Hi there, Ninomiya--" Kuma-sensei began a greeting, but couldn't finish it because his mouth stayed hanging. "NINOMIYA??"

I sighed. Cuts and bruises littered over my body and one in particular at my face was lightly bleeding. "Yes, I'm sorry." I said.

"Bed, NOW!" he yelled.

I had to bolt to the bed.

"Jesus christ, did you get into a fight with a cat or something? This scratch! How did you get this one!" Kuma-sensei was furiously caring about me, I think, "I swear to god, I didn't ban you from PE so you could do this!"

I winced at the sting of the rubbing alcohol.

"I didn't get into a fight..." I tried, "A skylark attacked me."

"Huh?" Kuma had to take a moment, "But no excuses! No more wounds from you, you hear?"

"Yessir, Kuma."

-----

I sighed. School was finally over and I could finally head home. Takeshi had practice after school and Dad was picking up Sae and Sui so I had to walk home, alone, for the first time in a while.

It was boring. And that bruise on my arm hurts. All these bandages are kinda exaggerating, too. I'll take them off when I get home.

I sighed again- and was synchronously met with another sigh right beside me. I looked over to see Tsuna. He seemed to be surprised too.

We spent a short moment gaping at each other, then we laughed.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro