Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

MC is depressy depresso, whoopsie-daisy. 

Also, HYBE isn't used in this fic. I'm using Big Hit Entertainment because I feel like it suits what I want for this fic more.

Also! When sentences are written in italics, it means that the language used is not Korean! I will sometimes precise which language is used, and if it's french, chances are that I write in french since it's my everyday language, but otherwise, assume that whenever they talk, it's in Korean, even if it wouldn't make any sense. Kinda want to make this as immersive as possible, but I also don't want a headache, so yup yup.

---

Taehyung's POV

<A soulmate is unhappy> the colours speak as I sit in my bed, eyes frowning at the wall in front of me and mind in disarray.

It's been happening more and more nowadays. The colours keep telling me that I have a soulmate who's not doing so well, but they won't say more. No names, no locations, and I find that very frustrating as well as unusual.

My ability allows me to communicate with the colours around me. To me, they all have a very pure soul and a developed understanding of their environment. They aren't just a thing, they're a who, friends who have kept me company for as long as I can remember.

Colours aren't separate entities, though. Every colours are one, and one colour is all of them. No matter where I am in the world or where my soulmates are, they will let me know when something is wrong around each of them. It usually involves names and where, but not this time.

I grab my rainbow cloud pillow from besides me and set it over my lap, eyes taking in the different hues and wishing I could ask more. Do we have one more soulmate? Why are they unhappy? How can we find them?

I haven't had the heart to tell the others yet. How could I when I barely know enough to help us in finding our missing piece? Our soulmark isn't one easy to see without being triggered by a meeting between soulmates, so it's not like we could ask ARMYs to help us.

A knock on the door and I look up just as it opens to Hoseok. He smiles softly, then enters inside, leaving the door slightly parted behind him.

"I wanted to check on you, Tae. You looked a little off during dinner" he says as he sits on the edge of my bed, upper body twisting so he can stare at me with a carefulness in his gentle gaze. "Jimin says that he tried to cheer you up, but it didn't work".

I purse my lips, gaze trained back on my pillow that I squeeze against my stomach.

<Hoseok wants to help, speak to him?> the colours say this time, as if knowing that this is what I most desperately need.

The fact is that I really want to tell someone, but I don't know how to say it. How do I let them know that we have a soulmate somewhere in the world, but that we don't have any way of finding them because those same colours won't cooperate?

"Taetae" Hoseok murmurs as he edges closer, a hand covering mine from over the pillow with warmth.

I sigh deeply, then lock my gaze onto his. "Hyung... I think we have another soulmate out there" I start, voice quivering as I speak. "The colours keep telling me about how they're unwell and struggling, but they won't say anything more. I have no name, no hint of where to look. I don't know what to do".

He stills for a moment, fingers squeezing mine tighter as his brows furrow. The door opens once more to Namjoon this time, and I begin to tear up immediately, feeling powerless.

"The colours won't answer any of your questions?" he asks as he joins Hoseok and I on my bed, door fully closed as to avoid any of the others from hearing us, something I appreciate. I don't want everyone to freak out about our missing soulmate just yet.

I shake my head, feeling the bed dip at my feet from where Namjoon sits. "No. I tried asking for ways to find them, ways to help, but they stay silent. I don't know if it's because they don't know the answer themselves or if it's because our soulmate doesn't want us to find out".

Namjoon bites on the inside of his cheek, mind searching for possible reasons as to why this could happen now of all times. We've been together for over ten years, from the moment we met as trainees to become a band group that is now known as Bangtan Sonyeondan. We thought our bond was complete, but now we find out that it might not be after all.

"Your ability connects to the bond, just like Jimin and Yoongi. It's possible that the colours are only now sensing the link that binds them to us, maybe it's only now awakening, which is why they couldn't sense that soulmate sooner. If they don't answer, it might be because they don't have enough information yet. Let's give this a few more days. If the bond is there, we'll find our soulmate, no matter what".

He says that with conviction, and he smiles as he pats my knee softly. "Don't worry too much, Taehyung-ah. Everything will be fine. When the clock hits midnight, our bond will link one of us to her and everything will find their rightful place".

Hoseok and I blink at him with sudden confusion, what was that just now?

"Namjoon, did you just have a prophecy?" he asks our leader who looks just as lost as us. His ability always does that, it makes him say things that no one expects, with no warning whatsoever. It is not one that he can control himself, as it has a mind of its own.

"I... think so" he utters bashfully, looking adorably pleased with himself all of a sudden. How could he not? His ability just answered us in the most straightforward manner I've ever heard from him. I want to kiss him all over the face just for giving us this ray of hope.

"Well, I'll let the others know so they aren't too confused if they happen to be the chosen one" Hoseok muses as he stands from my bed to reach the door. "I'm excited for tonight! Don't stay up too late, you two, alright?".

"I won't" I let out with a relieved smile, and he hums happily before joining the others in the living room from where we can hear Jungkook and Seokjin competing loudly at one of their games. From the looks of it, hyung is losing, and it's not on purpose.

"Yah! You little brat, don't you know that it's a form of respect to let your elders win sometimes? You've won every rounds for the last thirty minutes now!".

"But hyung, I can't lose on purpose! It's not my fault if I'm better than you!".

Jimin falls into a fit of giggles as he observes them with Yoongi, and I start feeling so much better than I did for the last couple of days. Our bond will connect one of us to... her? Namjoon hyung said her, so do we have a woman for soulmate? How will she feel upon finding out that she was bonded to seven men?

Not to mention that we aren't exactly... a normal group of men. The world knows about us, be it in a bad or good way. Is she a fan? If not, how will she react? What if she knows about us but doesn't like us? What if our songs aren't to her taste?

"Don't overthink, Taehyung-ah" Namjoon soothes my mind before it goes too far, a hand patting my head to comfort me. "I can sleep with you tonight if you want, to help you relax until you fall asleep" he offers next, only to chuckle when my eyes light up with delight.

"Alright, I'll get my pillow and blanket so get ready for bed, baby. I'll be back soon".

I jump to my feet as soon as he stands from my bed, and I search into my dresser to find the ideal pyjama while he closes the door behind him. Jungkook will be so jealous once he finds out that I'm getting Namjoon tonight!

When Hoseok tells the others the news about us having one more soulmate, Jungkook starts screaming throughout the house, feet running all over the place like his body can't handle the weight of the revelation.

Jin starts asking thousands of questions that can't be answered, and Jimin falls silent with what I imagine is a shocked expression on his face. As for Yoongi... I bet his eyes are round like little rock pebbles. All round and pretty.

"We have a she-soulmate?! A girl?!" Jungkook screams as he runs back into the living room, already out of breath after all the running he did.

"Don't tell me you're going to be scared of her" Namjoon teases him on his way back to my bedroom, to which our youngest simply answers with another scream as he goes for another round across the house.

"We got a girl in the bond! We're going to have estrogen in a house full of testosterone! A lamb in a house full of wolves! A poor victim to hormonal men! What are we going to do?! She's going to be in danger with us!".

I can't help but laugh at Jungkook's panic, why is he talking as if we might jump on her anytime she so much as breathes in our direction? We can't be that bad, we've been near women all the time since we debuted and it's never crossed my mind to be indecent with any of them.

"I mean, Jungkook isn't wrong. Remember when we first met? The bond kicked in and we couldn't stay more than one foot apart without feeling withdrawal kick in. Namjoon would've kissed all of us within the first day if we weren't constantly accompanied by other people".

"That means Namjoon is the most dangerous among us".

"Hey, a little respect, please? I was young and hormonal, and I'd just met my soulmates, you can't blame me. I'm a lot better now".

"Namjoon, you literally always keep your hands on us every minutes of the day".

A gasp. "Hyung, she's a lady, you can't touch her like you touch us!".

"So I can't show my love anymore, is what you're saying. You know what? I'm going to bed".

When Namjoon enters my bedroom again looking dejected, I welcome him with a strong hug that melts his heart instantly, and he hums pleasantly as he guides us both to my bed where he immediately cuddles me under our blankets.

"I like the way you show your love, hyung" I say to comfort him after pecking his lips softly, and when his lips stretch into a loving smile, dimples making an appearance as he hugs me deeper, it feels like all my nerves from the last week can finally disappear once and for all.

"Thank you, Taetae. Let's sleep, okay? We've had a long day".

He kisses my forehead gently and I close my eyes, feeling at peace. Falling asleep is always so easy in the arms of the people I love most.

Your POV

I drag my feet from the kitchen to the couch with a cheap cup of noodles in hands, my first meal of the day even though it's only morning. I slept so poorly that my sense of time has all but evaded my grasp by now.

Not to say that I have nothing better to eat, but I just don't have the strength for doing anything these days. I feel tired all the time, to a point that I can barely manage to take care of myself, less so feed myself.

I took what was probably my first shower in two weeks earlier, and I feel like the price for that was as if I'd moved a mountain. Is that normal? I don't know anymore what it feels like to follow a normal and healthy routine.

I sit on the couch, then set the cup on a risky spot besides me as I move to be more comfortable. I lean to my side to grab the controller, hoping to find on the tv something interesting to watch, but since life seems to be very intent on hating me these days, it should've been fucking obvious to me that my cup of noodles would topple over and soak the fucking couch.

I hiss as the burning liquid touches the underside of my thigh, and I quickly stand to my feet to grab the closest piece of fabric to try and soak up some of the soup, ramen noodles getting all over the place as I drag the old shirt over what seems to be an old stain.

Damn it, this is just what I needed to start the day. One more thing to make me feel stupid and miserable. I seriously don't know how much longer I can tolerate feeling this way, not a single thing has gone well for weeks and I don't know why.

Have I done something to displease the universe? Are my guardian angels mad at me? Is that them trying to punish me? Or is it my sign to put an end to a life that is going nowhere? I can't tell anymore, what's the right thing to do here.

I reach the kitchen to put my shirt in the trash can - it was torn in a few spots anyway - then rinse a towel at the sink to try and clean the couch some more. How the hell am I supposed to clean a couch cushion that has soaked up liquid all the way to its middle? Do I put it in the bath? That feels like a terrible idea, but I can't afford a new couch.

I sigh, my hungry stomach doing its very best to convince me to eat something more before I end up back in my bed for the day, but this event entirely drained me, honestly. Going to sleep hungry seems about all I can achieve.

My mental health leave is obviously not doing me any good at this point. I'm starting to wonder if I should just call my work place and ask if they can start putting me in the schedule again since this break is obviously not doing me any good. Even though I hate my job.

All day long, moving boxes from point A to point B... who wants to do that for a living? My body aches everywhere at the end of the day and the salary isn't even that good, it barely covers life and its expenses. Is this why I was born? To spend every day struggling to survive?

I wish my parents had thought twice about giving birth to me, someone without ability and without any known soulmates. I wish someone would've asked me if I wanted to be alive in the first place. What was I thinking up there?

What's worse, in my eyes, is that I don't even have anyone to smile at me at the end of a long day. I probably wouldn't have made it to such a state then, if only I wasn't constantly alone. It doesn't have to be a soulmate, just a friend would do. I'm so tired of being on my own all the time.

I wash my hands to get rid of the smell, then change my pyjama pants for the other cleanest pair I've got around before slipping into bed. My stomach rumbles one last time, its last plea to get something satiating, and I close my eyes.

If I could dream of something warm and sweet for once... if only I could get a hug... maybe the rest of my day would be better.

Jimin's POV

I roll in my bed, unable to fall asleep after Hoseok told us about what Taehyung and Namjoon revealed. Ever since Taehyung started acting weird, I could feel from his soul that something was bothering him.

I could tell that he didn't want to talk about it because he closed himself off whenever I was around, knowing that my ability allowed me to feel his emotional and mental state, but that didn't keep me from trying.

What's the point of knowing when one of my soulmates isn't doing well if I can't do anything to help? That's what I thought. If I could at least listen to him and give him a hug, that would have been great, but he kept that from me and I didn't know what to do anymore.

It all makes sense now, though. Of course he wouldn't feel too good when he kept hearing from the colours that one of ours isn't doing well, not to forget that they wouldn't tell him how to find them. A she, Hoseok said. It makes me so nervous, we've never been that close to a woman before.

Female friends, we have them of course, but it's nothing like being close to a soulmate. Can I love her the same way I love my team members? That's what I worry about. What if we're too much for her? We can be pretty intense with our affection.

I turn again, and again, ultimately groaning to myself when none of the positions I try feel right. I want someone in my arms. Taehyung has Namjoon, Yoongi went to Jin's bed and Jungkook stayed with Hoseok, so there's no one left for me.

I try to not let it get to me, I really do, but it's hard to ignore these feelings when they're all I can think about. I wish I didn't have to be alone, I hate sleeping alone, so why is this happening every single night?

Because I don't tell them, my mind whispers to me. Of course, how would they know if I don't say anything?

I groan again, then turn on my other side, still searching for that perfect position. Only, I startle when I end up face to face with someone who wasn't there a second before. Did I leave my door open? Did one of the guys decide to change beds in the middle of the night?

But the breathing pattern is slow, so quiet that I'd first thought it wasn't there at all, and the smell... this isn't the kind of smell I recognize. It's flowery, a feminine smell, like a... a shampoo. We don't have anything with that scent in the house.

As realization suddenly kicks in, I quickly sit up before turning on my night lamp, and I stare back at the new body in my bed to find someone I've never seen before.

Half of her body is tucked underneath my blanket, in a discoloured pyjama that has clearly seen better days. Her hair is turning into knots from her moving in her sleep, and her bottom lip juts out into a pout as she sighs deeply.

And what's to say of her soul's state right now? I don't even need to focus on my ability to sense how dark it is in there, devoid of any light and hope.

That discovery breaks my heart within seconds, my fingers twitching with the need to touch and take care of her when she only just got here, the bond linking her to me so feeble that it feels like it would break anytime.

Not because the bond is weak, but because she is barely holding onto a thread. What's going on? Why is she so unwell?

I'm about to get out of bed so I can get someone else to help me deal with this situation when her eyes open, keeping me right where I am. They blink slowly, and I hold my breath in front of the beauty currently revealing itself to me.

How can eyes change a face to that extent? She went from looking exhausted and lifeless to this... stunning goddess, and I'm almost tempted to bow before her as her first and most fervid follower. Should I build an altar for her?

The amber glow of a star shines in her eyes as they settle on me, our soulmark, and then they suddenly fill with tears. Did she see the one in my eyes too? One usually activates the other, and I do feel a light but gentle heat in my irises because of it.

"Est-ce que je rêve? C'est un rêve, n'est-ce pas?" she whispers in what seems like... French? with the sweetest honeyed voice I've ever heard, a warm tone that sends tingles all the way from the tip of my toes to the crown of my head, though it also sounds... really sad.

I don't react right away, too stunned to use my voice, which seems to have a negative impact on her when the tears soon begin to flow down her cheeks as her face contorts in heartbreak, hands turning into fists covering half of it from sight.

Her soul... it's like she's done with everything, I quickly realize when I scan her a little more deeply.

That pushes me back into action faster than light. I get back in bed and scoot until I can pull her tight against my chest between my arms. I just got this... urgent need to hold her, or was is not her soul that just begged me to be held? I have never felt anything so strong before.

"You're fine, everything's okay now" I murmur into her hair, the Korean words flowing smoothly from my tongue, mind not yet processing that all of a sudden, the soulmate we didn't know we had for so long has ended up in my bed in the middle of the night.

If I were to look at the time, it would be slightly past midnight, wouldn't it?

Her body is shaking but she hugs me back with all of her strength, and I can't help but notice how frail she feels in my arms.

She's not small by any means, she feels soft like a marshmallow against my chest, arms finding support over her curves like it was always meant to be their purpose, but there's nevertheless something fragile about her right now.

"Hyung warned us that the bond would bring us together tonight. It finally took you where you belong, that's why you're here" I continue as I begin to draw uneven shapes over her back, wanting to bring her relief anyway I can think of. "You are finally where you belong, with us. Our soulmate".

I don't know if she can understand me, it's possible that everything I just said forever remains a mystery to her exhausted mind, but she begins to cry harder then, her face hiding in the nook of my neck, and my thoughts cut short, my focus on taking care of her as best as I can.

There's disbelief settling in her soul, but also the genuine softness of a consolation that I couldn't possibly begin to imagine how often she must have begged for.

The pitch of her cries must be loud enough to wake the others, because feet can be heard running from across the floor as they come over to my room. The door opens to Jin first, his alerted eyes immediately falling on the shape of her body hiding between my arms.

"Namjoon was right, the bond really brought her to us" he gasps as he joins us on the bed to have a better look at her tear-stained face, her hiccups echoing against the four walls when he gently takes her out of my neck to cup her cheeks.

"Such a pretty little dove you are" he muses as she stares at him with an ethereal glow that would render anyone speechless, except for him who looks just as majestic. They make quite the pair, there's not a single soul who could deny that.

With a hum in his throat, hundreds of little stars begin to float around us, a precious play of light that appeases her tears when she moves her attention to the sparkling raindrops that fall from the ceiling, Jin's ability one that allows him to create illusions as he pleases.

I keep my arms around her, not finding it in me to let go of her, eyes on her face as she takes in her surroundings with a new awareness, the multiple bodies that whisper and push each other closer to my bed making her curl slightly closer within my embrace.

"Don't be scared" Jin utters softly as he wipes her cheeks before gently sitting her up between him and I, the others now standing around us with different variations of fascination and worry. I'm sure we all imagined versions of how meeting her could go, but tears weren't in any of them.

"Is this happening for real?" she asks in a slightly broken Korean as she takes in all seven of us, fingers going over her arms to seek any sensations that could confirm whether this is a dream or not. All of our eyes are showing the amber star, proving who we are to her. "I fell asleep in my bed, I don't know how I got here".

"It's a Soul Pull" Namjoon answers knowingly, his eyes flashing with recognition, which gets her attention on him.

"The bond will bring you to the soulmate you need most, no matter where in the world that may be. In this case... you ended up with Jimin, so we should keep you together in the meanwhile. We don't yet know if the Soul Pull will bring you back home again, nor if you can use that ability at will, so we should make the most of this moment to get some answers".

I gape at him, the mention that she could have needed me the most right now feeling like a ray of hope in my heart. The bond chose me to take care of her? But he said she could also disappear at any moment. Would that occur once she has received the care she required in the first place?

"First, we should cover some necessary questions before we run out of time" our leader continues, an apologetic smile on his face at having to ask all those questions so soon.

"Could you tell us your name and where you're from? You don't look Korean, yet you speak it well. Do you have trouble understanding me or are you good?" he asks the end in English, just to be sure, and she nods her head slowly, unconsciously leaning into my and Jin's warmth.

Not to hide from the others, but because her heart and soul seek that sensation of safety.

"I- I understand you well, although I am a little rusty. I studied many languages from a young age and Korean was one of them, but I haven't practiced in a long time. Er... I'm Y/N and I'm from Canada. Quebec, to be more precise. Not the city though, I live near Montreal, I don't know if you see where that is" she answers quietly, looking unsure as she presses her lips into a tight line.

"I know where that is" Namjoon reassures her as he sits on the bed next to me. "I believe it is daytime right now, over there. Can you write your address and phone number in my phone, please? That way, we can find you again should the bond take you back. I don't know how much time we have".

"R-right, of course".

He hands Y/N his device after creating a new contact for her, and her adorably chubby hands take hold of it to start typing everything she can think of. Jin and I look over her shoulders to find that she added her email address too, it's good that she's covering any possible issues.

I pull her closer once she's given the phone back to Namjoon, and feeling her melt into me, her soul already clearing up from the darkest shadows, that feels like a small victory to me. It's still somber, but I can feel that we've managed to sow seeds of hope in her heart and that's a good beginning.

Namjoon looks over the information, then hums, pleased. "Thank you, Y/N. Do you perhaps know who we are? It's okay if you don't know, I just want an idea of where we stand right now".

"Sorry, I don't think I've ever seen any of you before" she says with a worried frown that I soothe with a kiss to her forehead. She's not an ARMY, then. That makes things easier, yet more complicated at the same time.

"We're a K-pop group" Yoongi speaks up suddenly, his raspy voice startling her as he stood in the back, not really within her line of sight, or within the glow of light. "Bangtan Sonyeondan, or BTS for short, you can look us up on the net later. I can teleport myself to you now that you're linked to the bond, so I'll follow you if it brings you back home".

"That means you won't be alone, no matter where you are. That's what Yoongi hyung tried to say" I translate his unspoken words for him, wanting to make sure that she knows we're ready to make this work with her.

He shyly nods when she glances at him again, her emotions doing all sorts of back and forth that is throwing me off a little. It's like she doesn't know how to feel, as if she finally woke up from a deep sleep and has to readjust to life.

"She's hungry" Taehyung is the one to startle her this time, his eyes staring at her in such a way that I wouldn't be surprised if he were to say that he can see her soul right now. "The colours told me that she hasn't eaten anything in too long, they can see everything clearly now. She needs to eat".

Y/N's lips purse then, eyes sheepishly looking up at me in a silent plea for help, but I'm sorry to say that she's not seeking the right man for such a thing. I'm not a good example to follow and I'm well aware of that, I don't want her to follow in my footsteps when it comes to food.

Staring at Jin reveals the same ending, and her lips jut out into the tiniest pout, like a kid who now has to face the consequences of their actions. It's adorable, and I can see in my oldest soulmate that he would have kissed all over her face if he could.

"It seems we'll have to feed our new soulmate" he muses with a soft voice that gives her the shivers. She's doing pretty good right now, considering that she's surrounded by seven men she's never seen before. I don't think anyone could be as calm as she is. I certainly wasn't, the first time I met them.

"I'll have a look at what we have in the kitchen" Jungkook speaks with a frown, seeing as none of us made a move to do anything. He takes her in one last time, disapproval so strong in him that it's all I can feel at the moment, and walks out of my bedroom without a sound.

"It's okay" I tell her when she droops in on herself. "He's just worried about your health. Come, let's sit at the table while we prepare you something".

I stand from the bed first, then gently guide her to her feet while Jin walks around from the other side to join Jungkook in the kitchen with Taehyung. Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok have gathered at the foot of the bed by the time we reach them, and our sunshine smiles before grabbing one of her hands, which he squeezes softly.

He has a healing touch, our Hoseok. With skin to skin contact, he can heal both the body and the heart, so when a warm glow starts to emanate from between their hands, I know that this is exactly what he's doing to her.

Y/N's muscles lose even more of their tension, her soul clears up some more, and Yoongi pats Hoseok's shoulder before walking out first.

"Come, we should make sure you eat before you're brought back" Namjoon states as he motions for me to take her to the dining room, and with a nod of the head, Hoseok and I slowly invite her to follow us to the door and down the hallway.

"I'm sorry for the trouble" she apologizes on the way, looking guilty. "I didn't mean to skip any meals, but I dropped my food on the couch this morning and cleaning that up was all I could manage by then".

I shake my head at the others as we reach the kitchen, signifying that it's not quite the entire story but that now is not the time to ask more questions either. I can tell that this state her soul is stuck in has been dragging her down for quite some time, and Hoseok can also tell from the weakness he can feel in her.

"Don't worry about it, it happens" Hoseok soothes as he pulls a chair from under the table to sit her down, and I take the seat besides her to keep her company while Jungkook finalizes warming up the food on the stove.

It seems he grabbed our freshest leftovers, the ones he'd kept aside for himself for tomorrow after being done with his training. It's his favourite food and he usually doesn't like sharing what's his, so his care shows a lot in that simple act, he just wants her to be well fed.

Jin seems to be taking care of some easy-to-eat side dishes with Yoongi's help while Taehyung's leaving the crowded space to get closer to us without sitting at the table. That should make her quite the fulfilling meal.

I can't say that I like the fact that her Soul Pull could take her back anytime, I really want her to stay with us like this, but she has a life at home, whether it was left on standby or not. It's at least good that we know how to find her, not to mention that Yoongi will be able to teleport back and forth quickly if needed.

"Can you tell me about where you live? What kind of place is it?" Jin asks her to make conversation, not wanting her to feel out of place among the seven of us. It's intimidating to be surrounded by so many people you don't know like this.

She furrows her brows slightly at his question. "Well... it's great, depending on where you are in the city. My apartment is cheap so the area is not so good, but if you go up just a few miles, the streets turn really beautiful and green, and the shops are great".

"How bad is your area?" I can't help but ask, how dangerous is it? Has anything bad happened to her there?

"Oh, it's not really- the streets are clean and there's a nice park nearby, but the people are kind of... junkies?" she blurts out after testing the Korean word a few times to assure she says it well. She looks like she wants to be honest while also preventing us from worrying too much, which it isn't hard to see on our faces. "I swear it's not that bad. I just have to be careful when I go out".

"I hope you stay safe inside when it's dark outside, don't go out on your own" Taehyung shares his worry from where he's facing the table, his tousled hair looking adorable on him. He's going to need a haircut soon, though.

"Don't worry about that, it's been... hard to go anywhere nowadays, honestly" she admits with a tensed smile. "I'm on mental health leave, I thought taking a break from work would help, but it's not going as well as I wanted".

I reach down to hold her hand at the admission, it's brave of her to tell us something so personal and I want her to know that it means a lot to us, to me. Hoseok slowly rubs her arm too, easing some of his ability into her skin with every strokes against her skin.

"It must have been hard on your own" he says softly, words that couldn't have been any closer to the truth. Her eyes tear up a little, but she resists and clears her throat, not wanting to cry again in front of all of us.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to" Yoongi says as he joins us at the table, looking like he knows how hard it can be to speak about that kind of thing, especially when it has anything to do with depression. That is if my guess is right, anyway.

"Yoongi-ah's right, Y/N" Jin chimes in as he places everything in a few small bowls with artistry. "You don't owe us a single explanation unless it's something you want to share. We know how to respect boundaries, though it was learned and taught the hard way. You're finding us at our prime".

She nods softly in his direction, thankful, then turns her gaze to Jungkook as he brings the plated food in front of her. "Thank you" she utters hesitantly before accepting the fork he hands her, after which he sits down in front of her at the table, his stare intense even to me.

I'm tempted to kick his foot to let him know to chill the fuck up because it's obvious that he's making her uncomfortable, but seeing how uncomfortable he is himself, I know that he's not like this by choice but because her current state has him very worried.

We all watch from our various positions as she takes a first bite, then a second, with low energy, but energy all the same. Every single one of them seem to cost her, her chewing slow as she fights against a nausea that has everything to do with a hunger ignored for too long.

A glass of water settles in front of her by Taehyung before he returns to his spot against the island where Namjoon joins him with a reassuring arm over his waist. We don't bother saying anything into the dimmed light as she eats, the late hour leaving us all in more or less of a daze.

Would it bother her to go back to sleep with me when she's done eating? I won't be able to survive tomorrow if I don't get at least a couple of hours of sleep in my body, but I would feel so much better if she stays by my side. Can she not go back home?

Y/N eventually pushes her plate when there's a quarter of the food left, her face doing all the speaking for her - she cannot eat more. Still, she does look like she's doing better already, her cheeks not quite as hollow as earlier, they got a sweet peachy bounciness again.

"The food was very good, thank you for making it for me".

Jungkook eyes her polite bow for a moment before finally allowing a small, delicate smile over his face, in doing so softening his features.

"Don't mention it, Y/N. You shouldn't skip meals from now on, though. No matter how hard it is, you should always make sure you have some food in you. Let us know from now on when you're struggling, we can always send Yoongi hyung with something for you".

Her eyes widen, and she shakes her hands before her. "I'll make an effort from now on, I promise. I don't want to treat Yoongi-ssi like an errand boy. I can take care of myself, I just need to push myself out of my stupor".

"No need to be so formal" Yoongi states as he stretches with a tired groan, "and I don't mind doing a few trips if that's what you need. You're our soulmate, there's nothing wrong with accepting our help whenever it's needed. I'll say though, I can barely stay awake anymore".

"Right" Namjoon sighs. "We've had a long day. Should we go back to sleep? It was still early for you, Y/N, maybe you would like to stay up? If so, one of us can keep you company, but I fear most of us will have to get as much sleep as we still can. Tomorrow is another busy day after all".

Guilt immediately slithers within her soul at his words, and no holding her hands from Hoseok and I manage to appease the growing unease she experiences upon hearing that her arrival has kept us from our night sleep.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to keep you all up- maybe it would be better if I go back home? Ah, but are we in Korea right now? How am I supposed to go back home?" she nervously stands from her seat as her thoughts begin to flood her mind. "I don't want to get in your way, I should leave".

"You're not getting in our way, Y/N" I begin, hands desperately seeking hers as she frantically moves them about, but right before our eyes and before I can finish speaking, Y/N disappears without a sound.

I stand there, frozen with my gaze glued to where she was. Gone so soon... it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Thankfully, the connection between us remains strong so I get to feel as her emotions take a turn for the worst right as it happens. Loneliness and regret are mostly was rules over the lot, and it breaks my heart for her all over again.

"The time difference is going to be tough while she's there" Jungkook mumbles as he starts cleaning up the dishes, and what's to say of the distance? How does the Soul Pull function? Can it work at will like Yoongi's teleportation ability?

"We'll make things work" Namjoon says before glancing towards Yoongi. "Sorry to ask that of you, hyung, but could you stay with her for the night? I'm sure she won't mind if you sleep, at least she wouldn't be on her own. I don't feel good about leaving her there alone so soon, especially not with what she said last".

He sighs deeply, then nods his head. "I was already planning on going, I'll just get my pillow first. Text me when you wake up and I'll come back to get ready for the day".

"Thanks, hyung. Tell Y/N that we'll message her soon. We'll have to let the agency know that we have one more soulmate, and I bet they'll want to have her sign all sorts of papers so I'll have a chat in the morning. I don't want them treating her like she's a problem they need to take care of".

Jungkook looks up at him with a hard expression. "They'll talk to her like she could be a risk to us, she's in no state to handle that. I don't like that, hyung" he states, and Namjoon complies with a tired massage to the bridge of his nose.

"I know, Jungkook-ah. I'll do my best, but the agency needs to know, we can't hide her forever. If and when she comes here, she'll need someone to watch her back whenever we go outside together. Most ARMYs are kind and respectful, but there are also the dangerous ones and I don't want her life to be put in danger, we won't be by her side all the time".

Hoseok lets his hands rub over Jungkook's shoulders to calm him down, his soothing ability seeping into his muscles to relax him. "Let's trust in Namjoon-ah, hm? Our leader knows what he's doing, plus I'm sure that his ability will be of help when necessary. Let's go to sleep, come".

Jin's sharp eyes follow me as I drag my feet around the table and back towards my bedroom, and by the time I climb in bed with a heaviness to my body, he's quietly opening and closing my door before slipping in under the covers with me.

"Hyung?" I mumble when I turn around to quizzically stare at him as he scoots closer, his lips over mine keeping me silent for a moment until he pulls back. "Why are you here? You don't like sleeping in another bed than yours".

He chuckles sleepily. "Are you kicking me out already? I wanted to sleep with my baby, am I not allowed to stay?" he begins, a finger following the curve of my nose before he hums softly. "I didn't want you to stay alone and cry yourself to sleep. I know you, Jiminie, you never say anything when you're sad, but it shows in your eyes. They turn all glassy and droopy, like this".

I bite on my bottom lip harshly, not wanting to cry just because he saw through me, but the tears have a mind of their own when they flow under his warm touch. He leans down to kiss the tears on each cheeks, then hugs me tightly to him.

"We'll see her again soon. It's just a matter of figuring the best way to do so".

I hug him back, face tucked under his chin where it's warm and soft. I hope she gets to feel better once Yoongi joins her at her place because it wounds me to feel her in this state when she's so far away.

"Good night, Jiminie".

"Yeah... good night, hyung".

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro