77: Nightmare

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Soft Utsuro soft Utsuro soft Utsuro-

It was quite early in the night, more exactly 2 AM, when the nightmare started. Utsuro was having a peaceful sleep, getting some rest he deserves. But then, he found himself back in the train station. "...Huh..?" he mumbled, looking around. It was empty, no people were visible. Which was already weird. But it was even weirder when he saw a familiar figure walking towards him.

"Teruya?" he said, surprised. The merchant ignored him, stopping right next to him. For some reason, Utsuro felt the tension in the air. He didn't like this. At all.

"You wanna know something, Utsuro?" Teruya suddenly spoke up. The ginger flinched at the tone as he heard a train getting closer. The green-eyed boy was right above the rails.

"Teruya, you shouldn't be that close to the rails." Utsuro warned him. He simply smiled at the warning.

"It's cute you say that, but..."

"I can't help but smile when I think about the time you weren't able to catch me."

With those words, the merchant fell backwards. Utsuro's eyes widened as he tried to reach for the boy's hand and save him, but he failed. Teruya's body got hit by the train, his blood splattering everywhere. Utsuro simply stared, looking at his hands. They were stained. "A-Aah... Aaaah..." he let out, afraid.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Jolting up with a scream, Utsuro started panicking, touching his clothes to see if he would feel fresh blood on them. To his relief, they were clean. "..." he stayed silent, looking at his hands. They were free of blood too, but he could still imagine it on them. The fresh and warm touch of the liquid.

"Maeda?" he heard Togo ask, knocking on the door. He watched as it opened, revealing the girl in the wheelchair looking at him with concern.

"Hello, Togawara." he greeted, trying to sound normal. While it worked, Togo frowned.

"You're not going to be able to hide anything from me Maeda." she deadpanned, entering the room. Utsuro looked at his lap.

"Was it that obvious?" he asked. Surprisingly, she shook her head.

"No. However, as I've told Taira, I've learnt to read people." she answered. He hummed, fiddling with the blanket.

"What was it about?" she asked "The nightmare, I mean." Utsuro simply stayed quiet. Togo stared at him.

"I don't wanna remember it right now." he admitted. To his surprise, he felt a hand on his head. Looking up, he saw Togo petting his head.

"That's fine. But just know that it was just a product of your inagination, no matter how real it felt." she told him. He stood frozen for a second before nodding with slightly pink cheeks.

God, he really was head over heels for her, huh?

Mother Togo knows best.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro