78: Dysphoria

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

IDK IF I SPELLED THE TITLE CORRECTLY

Ace covered herself with the blanket, refusing to get up. "Ace... Is everything ok?" Xander asked his girlfriend. She stayed quiet, hugging herself. Xander frowned, sitting down next to Ace.

"Is it one of those days today?" he asked. She nodded, refusing to turn around. What Xander meant is that, even with the full support of her friends and boyfriend, sometimes Ace would feel dysphoric about her body, often thinking bad about it, and voices started telling her the opposite. That she was a boy, that she wasn't a girl, things like that. And it sucked ass.

"Did it start after the incident wih Nakato?" the yellow eyed boy pressed, trying to get information.

"Don't remind me..." Ace mumbled, feeling worse. Xander nodded.

"Would a hug make you feel better?" the rebel asked, opening his arms. She turned her hesd a bit, staring at him for a couple of moments before crawling to his arms, staying there. Xander wrapped his arms around her back, doing a motion up and down to calm her down.

"Do you wanna get something?" he asked.

"...Ice cream please." Ace pleaded, looking at Xander with the deadly puppy eyes. Although they weren't necessary.

"Alright! I'll get you some of the best ice cream, just wait!" Xander beamed, a happy aura around him. It was hard to believe that a guy so happy like him would become the future Ultimate Rebel, but here we were. Ace was really happy to have someone like him as her boyfriend. He was kind, cheerful and super supportive.

"Awaw- Xander careful! Wait- Why are you taking three tubs of ice cream?!" the red-eyed girl heard Iroha question. She couldn't help but smile when she saw the door flying open as Xander stumbled inside, trying not to drop any icecream.

"Wait- Why did you get more blankets and- And movies?" Ace questioned.

"Because blankets are awesome!" he answered "Besides, you wanted to watch this movie, didn't you?" Xander asked with a proud face as he took out one of the few movies that got adapted from Togo's books. Ace's eyes sparkled.

It was one of her favourite books Togo wrote, the story about a cold, wandering traveler named Ikari who befriended a hyperactive, extroverted and funny scientist named Shion. The short story told their quests and adventures together as feelings blossom. However Ikari, a stubborn woman who had been heartbroken many times, had refused to let herself catch feelings for someone else, and shut herself off. A very beautiful short story, really.

"You actually got it?!" she asked, excited. Xander nodded, happy. He was took off guard when Ace tackled him into a hug, almost dropping everything.

"WOah! Hey, careful Ace! Don't wanna end up hurting yourself." he chuckled as he carefully put the ice cream tubs and the movie on the floor.

"Sorry. It's just... What did I even do to deserve you?" she asked, feeling her eyes watery. Xander froze when he felt wet stains on his shirt. He quickly cupped Ace's face, red from crying.

"Hey hey! D-Don't cry!" he nervously said, wiping the tears away with his thumbs "You're gonna make me cry too! Please don't cry!" he added. Ace let out a dry chuckle.

"Y-You're such a dork..." she admitted, pulling the taller down so she could kiss him. His face exploded to a bright shade of red, not expecting that. As soon as she pulled away, the red-eyed girl hid her face on his chest.

"Thank you, Xander... I mean it." she mumbled. Xander, although his face was still red, smiled, patting her back.

Gender dysphoria is a bitch and people who have it should be comforted when it happens.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro