Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

* This chapter is set 6 months from the last chapter

" Tony I already told you if you get an alpaca Pepper is going to kill you," Ana said.

" But it's a great idea. Besides, she can't do anything to me. She can't kill daddy before his kid is born," Tony replied.

" Wait what? You're expecting? I'm so happy. Tell Pepper I said congratulations,"

" Yeah, yeah now onto you. How are the kids?"

" Well, they're still babies, for now. Natalia is still quiet and content. Peter, however, is a little trouble maker,"

" I still can't believe you named your kid Peter,"

" What's wrong with Peter?"

" Nothing, I just thought you'd go with something more original seeing as your other kid is named after your sister,"

" Well, Natasha was a given, we already planned it. But I wanted to commemorate one of the people we lost. I guess Peter was just a good choice. Speaking of Natasha she's coming over soon. I think I'm ready to start training again,"

" I thought you were retiring,"

" I am but that doesn't mean I don't want to be able to protect myself. I relied on my powers for too long and now..."

" You don't know if you can protect your family,"

" Exactly. I mean, I used to be able to take someone down in 20 seconds tops before I even got powers. After everything that happened with Elisa, I guess I just got dependant,"

" Look if anyone's going to pick it up it's you. Just like riding a bike, right?"

" Yeah, I gotta go. Natasha's here,"

" Alright, talk to you soon,"

Before Ana could get to the door Natasha was inside. And so was Carol.

" Hey, I told you to knock before you come in. And you never told me someone else was coming," Ana said.

" Relax, Carol agreed to help you with your powers if you want. But first, we have to fix your combat skills. Madame B style,"

" Not Madame B style. Come on, last time I had to follow in her lead I was almost taken care of and that was before everything that's happened,"

" Well, it's a good thing no one's here to kill you. Now let's go. We have a lot of work to get done,"

" Hey! It's not that bad,"

" Ladies, while you two bicker we could be training. Let's get to it," Carol commanded.

" Yeah, Natasha come on. And no you can't see the kids. They're sleeping and I'd like to keep it that way,"

They had been training for a little while. Every time Ana would come close Natasha would pin her to the ground.

" Keep your focus up. You get distracted it'll get you killed," Natasha said.

" Oh, I'm sorry, it's not like I haven't been sleeping for almost seven months. Besides, you don't stop. You keep getting better. I retired, Natasha. I haven't laid a hand on anybody since before Thanos. I never had to. So I'm sorry if I'm not focused," Ana growled.

" Look you're angry, I get it. We all are now. Use it. Remember what Madame B taught us. Use your anger to fuel your fists. Don't keep your emotions all pent up. Now come on,"

Carol watched as the younger Romanoff charged at her sister. It caught the older Romanoff off guard. Quickly, she regained her composure and flipped Ana over her back. Carol felt weird being here, as this was a pretty personal moment, but Natasha had asked her to help Anastasia with her powers.

" Alright, that was better. Remember once you get in a fight to sense what someone's going to do. Just because you don't have control of your powers anymore doesn't mean you don't have a sixth sense," Natasha explained.

" Okay, got it. Sixth sense," Ana replied.

This time when they were fighting Nat had a hard time keeping Ana on the ground. It was as if everything clicked in her mind. She was still rusty, but she could hold her own. 

" Good job. I think I'll call it a day for me. Carol, are you ready?" Natasha asked.

" Yeah. Before we start, I want to say a few things. First of all, you may think your powers were all you were. Snap out of it. That's only going to keep you from your potential. Second, it's alright to get emotional. I know what it's like to have a teacher who tries to suppress your emotions, it didn't work out for him. Third, be patient. Learning how to reuse your powers isn't going to happen overnight. Got it?" Carol explained.

" Yeah, got it," Ana replied.

" Good, now imagine your power as energy. You should be able to feel it in your core. It won't be as strong as it once was but it's there. Now focus on it. Try to bring it to the surface,"

Ana did as she was told. It took a minute to find the energy but when she did it was easy to bring to the surface. It was as if they had magically come back. She felt the warmth and glow of the energy in her hands.

" Good, you're a natural. Now I don't know what your previous teacher taught you but the goal is not to kill anyone in the room. For now, just try and make a few objects float,"

Ana kept following instructions and by the end of training was able to control and manipulate objects again. She didn't want to try the mind control part of her power and nobody was hurt so she didn't have the chance to use her healing powers. Either way, she was satisfied with what she had learned.

" You did good today. We'll keep working on it. You'll get better eventually just keep practicing," Carol said.

" I will," Ana replied.   

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro