027:

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"How do you see yourself in the next five years?"

I covered my eyes with my hand. "We feel like the band and touring and all that is winding down, at least we--- all of us--- want it to wind down. I'm almost forty. I see myself producing younger promising musicians."

"You've done some acting, what about that?"

"Yeah, that's a possibility. I would like to get some classes. The acting I've done, I had no idea what I was doing. I'm just getting into producing though. I really enjoy it."

"But you have this tour coming up."

I nodded. "Um hm. Maybe our last. I don't know. I still have the amazing TV talent show funnel for young artists."

"You really enjoy that, don't you?"

"Yeah. I feel like I got a lot of time in the spotlight. It was great. All of it was great, but I'm ready, I think to move on."

"What sorts of things do you enjoy outside of the music industry?"

"You mean personal pleasures?" I ran a hand down her side, but let it flop on the floor as my arousal ebbed.

"Like what do you get involved in?"

"I donate a lot of money to ADHD research. I started a foundation for it. It doesn't take up a lot of my time, but some."

"That's amazing. What made you advocate for ADHD? That's different."

"I have it. Can't you tell?"

She laughed shortly. "You have incredible energy." She hadn't pinpointed the source. "But you're not climbing the curtains."

I laughed. "Those days are in the past."

"Do you take meds?"

"I did. I'm off, have been about five years successfully. I use cognitive behavioral therapy extensively."

She was leaning over me still, resting gently against me. I drew up my knees and cushioned her carefully. "You don't present in a classic fashion at all."

"What no angry outbursts? No excessive irritability? No sense of underachievement? No recklessness?" I laughed.

"I could interpret some of what we've done in light of ADHD and find probable diagnosis, now that I think about it. I had it as a kid too. Occasionally I feel extreme frustration or out of control flare ups. I tend to zone out when I'm stressed or tired."

My other hand fell to her shoulder and squeezed. "I can't tell."

She smiled. "This--- intensity. It could be a reflection of it. The defensiveness you felt earlier with your friend, om, Johnny? No--- Mack? yeah, him...."

"I think that was downright jealousy. I stopped before beating him up. If I was out of control, I don't think I could have stopped."

"True." She moved her hair again. I smelled coconut and lavender.

"Could you be with a guy who has ADHD?"

She reared back. "Of course. That's no disability, and even if it were. I don't judge people by their disabilities. It is genetic apparently, in about ninety percent of cases."

"Who has ADHD on your side?"

She cocked her head to one side. "My mom has a form of bi-polar disorder. She has cyclothymia--- she cycles into manic moods periodically, frequently as a matter of fact. But she gets help and takes meds too. My dad had childhood ADD."

"Nice." I grunted.

"Could you be with a girl who has ADHD?"

"It doesn't bother me. It'd probably be better."

"It could explain why you're wanting to move on to a new career so early in life."

"I have several irons in the pots, Aubrey. It totally explains it. I have to have a lot going on to stay interested. It's a good thing God blessed me with a lot of money, you know? To support all my hobbies."

"So, what is the worst part of your ADHD?"

"I have no filter. Many times I say dumb or crude things."

She pursed her lips and nodded. "I just think dumb  things."

We both laughed and I leaned up on my elbows. It was in her park now. I was completely under control. She stared into my eyes. I had to tilt my head to indicate I wanted a kiss. The doctor in her had come out.

So I suggested we get on to the rest of our evening. The skinny dipping part.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro