11. the choice

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

C H A P T E R  E L E V E N | His Little Crush

I CHOSE ALEC or so I had first decided to.

Girls in majority highly intimidated me. Since I was a kid, I always stayed to myself. I didn't make friends so easily. In my previous school, I was more like an errand boy for the jocks. I had to assist them while staying by their sides and breathing in their steroid filled sweaty air.

Why would I subject myself to an hour long of awkwardness and embarrassment in front of dangerous girls when I could just go and help Alec and just face a few words out of him that would demean my whole existence for a little while?

A lot of people had started to pile up by now, their expressions curious and also worried. There was a strange sort of fear in the air that wasn't present there when I first came here. But more than that, I noticed the difference that existed beneath the many layers of this school but now that the layers had torn away, the difference became quite prominent to the eye.

All the girls eyes shone with a sharp glint that made them appear ten times bolder than the boys around them. The conscious layered on them had been stripped away and they were all standing still, their hearts beating in sync with each other. As if the presence of Savannah had triggered their brave exterior to rise above their lowly positions.

While the guys had expressions that were guarded and hidden but I knew they were afraid deep down, now that a certain someone had taken over the highschool hierarchy. The kind of person who had no mercy for their kind: men.

Dramatic much?

"You alright, bro?" A deep voice resonated behind me and I glanced over at the jock. Grizzly bear?

"Y-Yeah," I stammered, my thoughts too loud.

"I saw you with the Underworld twins. You safe, bro?" He asked again, his voice slow as if he was talking to a toddler. "Did they...threatened you? I could tell Alec--"

"I'm fine," I cut him off. "No one threatened me."

Tipping my glasses forward, I looked around once again and found many other guys in letterman jackets all staring at me expectantly. The girls in the hallways and dispersed but the jocks and few other guys were still standing there, looking at me.

"Look buddy, we don't know you but none of us really wants you to get yourself involved with the Sisterhood. Those girls are monsters." A short looking guy literally shivered as he uttered those words.

"Monsters? That Alec guy ambushed us. It's probably the other way around." Why was I defending the girls? I furrowed my brows and frowned deeply. Grizzly bear and the short guy shrugged and retreated, their worried expressions too distracting.

So without thinking, I made my way to the empty classroom where the girls were.

...where Savannah was.

My heart was beating rapidly as I found myself standing in front of the white doors. I slowly pushed it and entered, feeling their cold eyes on me. Delilah gazed at me, the frown on her face turning into a grin at the sight of me but then her smile faltered and she suddenly stood up. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I-I-" I tried to look for Savannah but I couldn't find her. It was as if they had hid her. "...I wanted to thank Savannah--"

"SJ for you," Natalie corrected coldly. I scratched the back of my head and then proceeded to push my falling glasses up. "I'm sorry." I looked down.

Some thing flashed through Natalie's stern gaze and they softened a bit. "It's alright."

Suddenly, I felt an arm around me. My whole form stiffened when I found Cora dangling off of me. "Hey, cutie. I finally found--"

I became weaker.

She looked to where her sisters stood, baring hard expressions. Debby has gone to stand behind her twin sister. Cora silently unleashed me and calmly approached Natalie. As soon as she reached her, Natalie laid her head on her shoulder and sobbed silently. All the anger disappeared from her face as she cried on Cora's arms. "She will ruin herself," she wept. "I was so happy when she made this desicion but then--" Her sobs became undistinguishable as she continued to muffle her voice.

I awkwardly stood there like a frogboy.

"She will get better," Cora comforted her. "Where is she?"

"In the media room," Debby mumbled and gently pushed the door to the media room in the empty classroom. Cora quickly hurried inside and closed the door. Within two minutes, she returned and pursed her lips before looking down at her feet. "She ordered us to leave her alone and go."

Pain slashed across Natalie's face. Debby and Deli and led their leader Natalie out while Cora stayed by my side. We silently trudged outside. I had so many questions in my mind.

"You know you can visit us anytime. When the Underworld welcomes you, the door is always open. Just never break the Omerta."

"I never--"

She chuckled, a sweet smile brewing on her lips. "You're a part of of our world now, Sebastion. You're a great person."

My confused expressions melted into a grin. "I'm...flattered."

I wanted to know the answers to my question. I wanted to know the answer to 'What?' So when I saw the range of lockers in the opposite hallways, I took my chance.

"Hey, you go ahead. I wanted to get some supplies from my locker," I quickly said. Cora nodded. "Cool. I'll see you after school?"

"S-Sure."

She nodded again and briskly walked herself away from me. When I was sure that she had gone, I turned around and stormed back inside the class room where the girls has been staying. Tossing my bag in the chairs, I approached the door to the media room and gently gave it a push. It opened up and I stepped inside.

The media room was a small room holding a few chairs and a small box TV on a glass stand. On one of the chairs, I spotted a dark messenger bag and on the table that was in front of the chair, there laid put white packets and a small trail of white powder. Next to it, there were a silver lighter and a couple of joints.

Oh. Clearly not a room for kids.

I gulped.

There was a click of the door, indicating that somebody had locked the door. Fear took birth inside of me and I began to shake.

"Look what the cat dragged in." This was a soft and velvety voice, not too loud or low pitched. There was a gentle edge to it yet it sounded slightly raspy. Sweat begin to pile up on my forehead as I dropped my bag in utmost fear. What she was doing, it was illegal and dangerous.

I couldn't look behind me but from the sound of the boots, I knew she was there behind me and probably watching me intensely. I became self conscious. Did I looked too shabby? I mean,my baggy pants and the V-neck aren't too shabby, are they?

I was alone in the media room of an empty classroom with the leader of the Underworld- Savannah James at my neck.

I sure was one lucky guy.

"Let me go," I weakly squeaked. My knees became weaker by the seconds and I felt my hands shaking violently. Now that's not a good sign.

"You came here on your own," the smooth velvety voice trailed on and I felt my heart sinking. The next second, I felt her hand on my shoulder, holding me in place. My knees gave out and I knelt to the floor. I was shaking to the core. Savannah was still behind me.

"Ready to give me company?" She asked and calmly walked around me, only to sit in the chair where her messenger bag was placed. A dark look appeared in her eyes and she bent forward, placing her elbows on the surface of the table. She picked up the joint and then the silver lighter. Just like in movies, she put the joint between her lips and with the other hand, pushed the lever of the lighter down. The flame from the lighter tickled the joint until it completely encircled it and she took a drag only to release a gust of smoke into the air.

That was kind of...hot.

I was so amazed by her ability to light up the joint and smoke it when she raised her hand and beckoned me over, her fingers waving me over like I was her slave or what. Her pale skin shined under the direct light and those raven black hair looked beautiful.

I realized something while staring at the goddess in front of me, this girl was way out of my league.

A.N: I'm sorry I was late! I became busier in other projects. ❤
So, finally Sebastion and Savannah are together and stay tuned for their scenes in the next chapter!

-farah🌸

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro