13. the help

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N | He Gets Beaten

THERE ARE TWO THINGS I've never imagined before in my life. First thing was starting up a new school and being the underworld's new victim and the other being in the same room as Savannah James. Let me rephrase that for you all. Passed out Savannah James.

I'm not the type of guy who would see her cute face and get emotional and soft just because she looked harmless because Savannah does not look harmless. Even in her sleep, she could murder people and torture animals. The way her brows are drawn downwards and eyes shut so tightly that all her creases were visible. Who could ignore that constant scowl in her state of rest?

I realized I was staring at her for far too long. So, I looked away and opened my bag up. Taking out some painkillers and the fruit juice (which I had stolen from Alayna's stash), I placed it on the same desk where the joints and a white powder was displayed. Shaking my head a little, I tore out a piece from my notebook and began to dust the powder onto the white paper.

How do you treat people who had passed out?

Scrunching up the paper, I threw it into the trash can. No more drugs. No more dangerous Savannah. Grabbing my water bottle from my bag, I approached her. She was laid on the ground comfortably, her hands on her stomach and hair displayed beneath her in a haphazard way. Her breathing was slow and the frown lines had disappeared meaning she was now asleep and probably out of danger. Placing the stuff next to her, I got up again to looked around the room.

The room looked like an art supplies store. "They must have a towel," I muttered and quickly rushed to the nearest drawers. Pulling open one, I was disappointed to find aprons and spare shirts but no towels. "Quick thinking," I mumbled as I tightened my hand over the spare shirt before walking into the toilet. Pushing it under the tap, I pulled the lever up and watched the water pour through the cloth. It was hot which was good.

Closing the door behind me, I briskly made my way to Savannah who was now softly breathing but the colour of her skin hadn't returned. Setting it down, I brought my hands to her legs and slightly lifted them. I bent it a little so it could be above her heart level. Then I grabbed the wet cloth and laid it on her forehead. I hope that works.

I was missing a lot of classes but I can't just let her be alone on her own. "Wake up," I retorted as I grabbed her hands and rubbed on them to make her warm again. Her hands were so soft and...strangely delicate. Slender fingers and naturally long nails. There was a small tattoo on her finger.

always so strong

"More like always so scary," I commented and continued with the other hand. A little bit of her colour returned. I looked at the clock. Shit. I had to get home. Placing her hands back on her stomach, I got out of my jacket and put it across her to keep her warm. Then I grabbed a random paper and wrote:

When you wake up, please take these painkillers with water and the fruit juice. It will help with the headache. Sorry I had to go. My family from prison awaits me (also the cranky Sherrif and his deputy who takes every kind of attitude from him).
Bye,
Seb

"Please don't kill me," I whined to no one as I inserted the paper into her hands and quickly pounced out of the room. Phew.

"I need an extension, Sherrif."

Sherrif Martin had begun to growl under his breath, his moustache moving with his mouth. "Deputy!" He shouted. In came, following his orders, a dishevelled looking deputy. Her hair were messed up and there was a coffee stain on her shirt. He eyed her and his rage grew. "What is that?" He asked lowly, his eyes reddening. "Why aren't your hair up when you're on duty, Deputy?"

She bit her lips. "S-Sorry, Jack-"

"Sherrif. I'm your Sherrif now, Tessa." He was smirking at her.

Deputy nodded. "Yes, sir."

What happened between them?

The deputy looked over at my still form. "Do you want to meet your family?" She asked in a meek tone. I shrugged. "Follow me," she said and then eyed her Sherrif who was glaring at her.

We went inside the room where a lot of cells were built in. In the first lock up, I noticed my parents sitting on the dirty floors. Mom had her head on dad's lap and she was playing with his fingers while dad was playing with her hair. I casted a discontented look at Tessa who gave me a knowing look before sauntering out of the room.

I walked to the cell. "Alayna can't stay at Mr. Coopers for that long, you know."

Both of them immediately parted away from each other and came forward. Grime was attached to their red faces. "Sebby baby! My little man," she gushed. "You came back?"

"Mom," I gave her an obvious stare before looking down at my bag. My mind went to Savannah. I had this sudden urge to see what she was up to. I sure hope she was not murdering bunnies in her free time. God, I'm hilarious.

"Have you got the bail money?" Dad suddenly asked. I shook my head. He eyed my mom and than sighed. "Should we tell him where the--"

Mom's eyes hardened. "Not yet. He has to get his parents out on his own."

I looked in between them. "What?"

"Honey," she said in a sugary sweet voice, her previous expressions melting into a look of pure kindness and sweetness. "You should work or look for jobs, baby."

"Guys, if you have the bail money than just give me it. I can't take care of Alayna on my own while I'm out working my soul off just to free you guys. It's not my fault--"

"We're done, Tessie!" Mom suddenly screeched. I clenched my jaw. "Mom-"

Tessa came running inside, holding a Starbucks coffee with a chocolate donut. "You can take him," she told Tessa.

What the hell is going on here?

"Come on, kid. Out."

"Fine." Then I pretended to fume at my parents. "You both are grounded!"

Storming outside, I ignored the Sherrif and Deputy and came to stand beside the constable who were feeding on the same donut that Tessa had. I frowned at the stupid weather and then casted him a look. "What happened between Sherrif Jack and the Deputy? There's so much chemistry between them, it's hard to breath."

He nodded. "It's a weird tale. Tessa made his life hell in high school and now Jack's making her life hell in the practical life."

I snickered. "I thought they were exes," I mumbled to him with a dry smile. He shrugged. When the atmosphere got too awkward, I stepped off the ledge that supported the veranda and stormed off to Mr. Cooper to get my sister Ali back.

I was on the way to their house when suddenly out of nowhere, hands grabbed my whole form. I tried to run the other way but one muscled arm which was holding a cloth slammed itself onto my face in the hopes of covering my eyes. Like a rag doll, I was dragged to a dark alley in between the tattoo shop and the diner. My back was forced against the stone walls. I eyed the strange men who were standing infront of me. Their faces were hidden by black ski masks. I tried to escape but I was thrown onto the floor by their hard punches that decorated my whole body. I felt their boots kicking into my back and stomach as I laid there gasping for breathe.

A warm liquid cascaded down my lips as I tasted salt. Blood?

"He's weak and pathetic," a guy remarked.

"He's our best chance to overthrow the Sisterhood and Natalie and her bitches."

Alec?

"Who the fuck is he to them?"

"Let's find out," I heard Alec grumble before I felt a hand snake around my collars to force me upright. My knees buckled under the pain that pulsated throughout my entire body but I was help upwards by the ski mask covered men or boys.

Then they began to drag me to their large black van that came to stand infront of the dark alley mysteriously.

I gulped. Now can I say my life sucks?

A.n: So, my book reached 1,000 reads!!! It's all because of you guys, omigod ❤❤ I'm so excited! Thank you for reading this book and voting for the chapters and commenting and just liking it or even asking for it to get updated. If it weren't for you people, my book would have never gotten to such heights. I love you guys so much. Keep on reading! The story is getting interesting. I give you second part only because I just wanted to make you guys...happy (I don't think my book even deserves that)

How did the moment between Savannah and Sebastion went?

Who else hates Alec?

Please comment 😍
-farah🌸

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro