39. the date night

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE | An Accident

DO YOU THINK she knows that this is a setup?" I questioned for the nth time. Cora was unabashedly looking me up and down, her shoulders giving off indifference.

I put my hands into my black denim, the jacket gifted to me by my late Aunt Barbara, only to eye her up and down as well.

"She doesn't. I'm a damn good voice actor and it was about time, you womaned up to ask her out."

John interrupted us. "So, this is going to be your first date?"

"I bet he's planning on getting his big cherry popped," she calmly whispered, clamping her teeth down on her lips as a way of assertiveness. John's brows went past his hairline.

"You're a virgin," John struggled to hide his grin.

"There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin, Jacko. An individual should not ever by judged by its body count," I took a stance, despite the blush creeping up on my face. "There's more to a person than this pseodu badge of honor gifted to us by society for being a non-virgin."

His grin widened. "No need to preach me. I'm 15. I've never had sex."

Cora stifled a yawn.

My mouth turned sour. "Yeah? I didn't want to know that."

There was a tic sounded in the air before the knob gently rattled. "Sebastian?"

It was her.

Immediately, my hands soared to my hair to set them right for her. To maintain my inflating confidence, I ruffled up my middle part to make my hair more dense.

Her stilletos appeared in the space between the linoleum floors and the wooden panel. Her eyes were dark with an anticipated attack, the small dagger of hers held high. Behind her, I found Natalie gawking at us strangely.

"You're alright," she laid put her theory and lowered her dagger. Water. I needed water to saturate my tongue with water. It felt like somebody had placed a sheet of sandpaper on my tongue that was frequently scraping against the roof of my mouth.

My breath fell short.

Stunning. Unidentifiable and undisclosed feelings began to squeeze my heart. The maroon dress clung to her like a second skin. I gulped. It seemed like today, the stars and the moon had decided to alienate the night sky to shoot towards Savannah to  shimmer on her.

"What was the matter?" She was engaged with Cora but Natalie was frowning at me. Then she gave an uncertain glance to Alec's younger brother who mirrored her expressions. I cleared my throat and mustered up enough courage to place a soft hand over her shoulders.

Her shoulders froze and she swiftly spun around.

"Will you go out with me?"

The time stopped and I became aware of every breath that rang through Holly's ward. The silent whirring of the machines hooked onto her sounded in the room too. Natalie sidled up to Cora, still frowning.

"You can lead the date...if you want to."

"What?" She quietly asked, her eyelashes appearing too long. I gulped, struggling to get the apology out when it wasn't even my fault.

"Just go, SJ. We're all here with Holly."

"About time," Natalie complained, observing her French manicure. I pursed my lips. "Leave already."

The fragrance of roses and vanilla wafted in the air when she turned. Her hand came around my bicep, entangling itself around this denim pocket on my forearms. I felt hot.

Woah.

"Come on," she licked her lips dry before nodding in the direction of the door. "Let's go. You're driving."

Wait.

"I'm NOT driving," I countered her statement by my persistent attitude, folding my arms together. Expecting her to hit back, I slightly converted my frown to a half-assed smile.

Savannah broke. "Why?"

Cocking my head in confusion, I raised my eyebrows. She actually wanted to know why I was so adamant on not driving her car. Or other cars, in general.

"For that, you should blame Mr. & Mrs. Meyers. They prefer to not let their only son drive their car because of their pragmatic belief that I could trash our car, or worse die."

"Your parents are scared of letting you drive? Do you even own a licence?" The bridge of her nose perked as she narrowed down her nose at me.

I shrugged. "Dunno."

"Get your dunno little ass into the driving seat and start driving," she muttered, not unkindly. This was just her way.

Mustering up enough courage to not piss myself then and there, I saw her getting into the passenger seat and slowly found my  way to the driving seat. The interior of the car smelled like pine and the girls.

Automatically, my hands grabbed the steering wheel.

"Comfortable, Sebastian. You're not comfortable. Adjust the seat so that your feet comfortably reach both peddles-"

I didn't need further instructions from her because when when my hands found the steering wheel, I quickly adjusted the seat backwards and gently placed my foot on the foot peddle.

It was as if I knew this already. I knew how to drive a car.

"Savannah, stop."

Without having to be told twice, I familiarized myself with the pedals before moving my attention to the side view mirrors. Positioning them at a comfortable angle, I then moved the rear view mirror until it displayed a crystal clear image of the parked car behind me.

Savannah quietly pulled the gear stick to neutral. She was in awe.

"Who taught you?" She bundled up her knees onto the seat, her stilletos placed on the rubber mats below her. Putting the gear stick on reverse, I double checked before turning on the ignition.

The car roared to life, it's vibrations reverberating inside the  fancy wood interior. Concentrating fully on pushing the car out of its parking spot, I let my arm reach around the head seat of Savannah's seat.

I successfully managed to get the car to switch its lane and land on the spot where the main road began and the flow became smoother.

"It's blurry. Vague. I-I really don't know how but there's a belief deep down. It's crazy but it feels like someone  imprinted the blueprint of driving into my brain but I had forgotten all about it."

Savannah's face was devoid of emotions. Alright then.

Looking back on the road, I tried to test myself by increasing the speed.

There was a sharp tear and then muffled rustle of her dress. It seemed like she had torn away the excess cloth from her expensive dress. The red translucent piece of cloth was thrown to the side and now I could see her bare legs pushed close to her chest.

Light sheen of sweat glossed over her long legs.

Gulping quickly, I pressed down hard on the pedal. The speed accelerated until my racing thoughts were left far too behind me. Everything about her was appealing to me. There was nothing about her that that was even touched by unattractiveness.

A flash of red sweeped past my eyes. Sebastion, it was a whisper. My heart skipped a beat as everything slowed down.

What the actual fu-

"Al is short for Alan. Alana!"

It was a melodious voice. A voice that came from deep within my heart.

"Alayna?"

This was me.

"Alayna it is!"

An imaginary hand came around my throat to clutch it tighter. I was choking. The narrow strips of yellow on the road were blurring into the concrete, merging into a long flow of yellow. I could make out the road signs but the sense of direction in me was fading. I was here.

Déjà vu.

"SEBASTION! SNAP OUT OF IT, YOU DICKHEAD!"

"I love you, Sebastian."

"We're going to own a little tree house for Alayna. She's going to grow up, knowing that her parents were willing enough to build her a little house."

The large fiery waves flew behind her head. Her face. I couldn't see. I don't know who she was.

I was in another dimension. No, seriously. I couldn't feel my hands anymore. My mind had warped up a twisted tale in front of my eyes to keep me entertained. I needed to snap out. For fucks sake, snap out of it.

"Slow down, Sebastion. Please slow down. This is scaring me."

Amidst the mist screening the glass front, two large orbs of white light stabbed through. The blaring hues of the vehicle were enough to jolt me awake but was I even awake? Immediately, I twisted the steering wheel to the side.

" WHAT THE F-"

A setback. It was so huge that I could still feel the rumble below me. Everything came back to me. I was in a car.

With Savannah. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

QUICKLY PULLING out the belt slewn across my torso, I rushed out of the car. As soon as my bare feet met with the rough grounds, I inhaled a huge gulp of breathe before sprinting towards his side. My feet staggered, hands landing on the door handle and ripping it open for him to get out.

There was no blood in sight.

Sebastian was a whole bumbling, crying mess but as soon as his head turned towards me, I knew he was lost to me.

"Savannah, you're okay."

I helped him with the stupid seat belt slung across his chest. As soon as he was free, his form weakly got out of the driving seat. The sudden weight on me dismantled the balance and he slid down to the ground.

"Sebastian, what is wrong with you? Are you fucking insane? You literally drove the car right into the tree."

I was letting the anger get the best of me, my mood darkening.

His hands were shaking. "I-I saw a girl, Vannah. She was saying something about...about Al. A tree house."

He was rambling.

His palms slowly lifted to cover his ears, the injured leg stretched out in front of him but the other one was almost folded against his chest. My anger immediately evaporated.

"She's still whispering into my ears," he muttered, eyes creased shut. "Shut her off, please. Savannah, shut her off!"

His head was bent low between his legs, hands still on his head. Placing a hand on my waist, I observed what had become of our car. It was a wreakage. Pursing my lips, I knelt down in front of him.

Sweat dotted his hairline;  small beauty mark was hidden underneath the roots of his black halo of waves. Wiping my own sweat filled hands against the back of my dress, I let them land on either side of face.

Tilting my head a little, I pressed a chaste kiss on his forehead. "Come back to me, Baz. Come back. Please."

The knuckles that were tightly held against his ears loosened as he lifted his head to look at me. Waves of grief crashed against my heart as they skipped numerous beats. A disoriented look was simmering in the blues of his eyes. He looked so hurt right now. I wish I could take away all his rawness.

"She's telling me that she loves me," he retorted, the brows flattened into the curve of his forehead. "What's happening to me, Savannah? Where are all these wierd visions coming from?"

His tear stained face was jacked up with intrigue and fear.

I decided to take his mind off the matter by leaving traces of small kisses down his forehead to the point where his nose lifted off his skin. A lingering sense of sweetness surrounded us. Leaning into him, I sensed his shaking fingers completely freezing when he put his hands on the small of my back.

"They're just thoughts. Ssh," I said softly, the hands cupping his jaw lowering down to his chest. My fingers roughly pulled at his high neck but it was never going to come off so I left it at that and gave all my attention to his mouth instead.

"Make them go away, please."

The plush effect of his smooth mouth left a taste of cherry coke in my mouth. The temperature had gone up a notch but I couldn't care less because I was genuinely burning, parts of my body aching with  pain that I had never felt before.

Shifting into a more comfortable position, I got in between his legs.

"I wish time would stop right now," he said in a hushed tone, his whole body giving up off heat and something so heavenly that it made me want to furiously scrub away all my impurities and sins.

A different sort of mask had donned itself on his face, one of clear desire and something more animalistic.

"Forget those visions," I whispered in between small kisses all over his mouth.  I began from the left corner of his lip, appreciating how everything about him was just so soft.

The bruises on his face had calmed down a bit but it still looked look he had a swollen and yellowish face.

"I never want to lose you, Savannah."

Burying my head in the crook of his neck, I pushed into his crotch with a newfound intensity. He was sweating profusely now. His hand on my back tightened around me, the very spot on fire now.

"I want you, Sebastion."

His Adam's apple bulged with anticipation of what was coming next. He was going to be mine for the next hour.

"I want you under me. I want to hear you say my name as you lose yourself. Let me touch you."

The same innocence fought its way into his gaze as he gently lifted his hand to place his palm over my right cheek. Although he didn't reply but something clicked in his eyes as he acknowledged the fact that I wanted him right now.

"O-Okay-"

"You need to fucking beg me first," I hissed down the first and foremost rule of the favor that I would be bestowing upon him.

"Please," he begged, the hand on my face going towards his glasses. I noticed this was his way of dealing with awkward matters: his square frames.

I crookedly grimaced. "Relax," I mumbled under my breathe. "Kidding only."

He stifled his nervous laughter by idiotically rubbing the back of his neck. Cute. The fucker was really cute.

"I'd never do that to you," I said in a soft tone, completely contradicting my entire form. He was too soft for me. Too pure. Too good.

My index finger was back on the corner of his lip, taunting the desire birthing in him. "Only if you want me to, Baz. You just have to say it."

Toying with the loose threads on his shirt, my mind wandered off to the day when I first saw him, his back facing me and those detailed fingers shivering like that of a cowering puppy left outside in the rain to fend for itself. He was in a dark hoodie as he became the first guy to stroll his way into my terf apart from Anton.

I felt myself smiling when he had addressed me as Ma'am. Meeting his gaze, the irredicent blue hued into cobalt. Emotions like awe, fear, caution and somewhat desire slipped into his coy gaze.

"I-"

"IT'S TWELVE O' FUCKING CLOCK AND YOU SCOUNDRELS THINK IT'S OKAY TO FUCK EACH OTHER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WITH A SMOKING WREAKAGE OF A CAR BEHIND YOU!"

Sebastian flinched, his eyes briefly closing. I calmly turned my head around to find the pesky Sheriff eyeing us with rage along with his loyal Deputy.

I sighed.

Tessa the Deputy was shoving the torch light into our faces, her eyes lighting up at the sight of a disheveled looking Sebastian.

"I was going to deal with a little pest spreading chaos around the town when I got a happy-go-lucky call from a random citizen that there's been an accident on Elton Road. Get up now, y'all. Didn't know we were the baby sitters of this town's teenagers!" He was yelling to himself as he prodded Sebastian's chest with his cane.

Slapping his cane away from him, I narrowed my gaze at him before helping Sebastian to stand upright. Deputy got to his help right away. When he was standing by the car, I noticed that  his lower lip was swollen with a little bite mark that could go unnoticed if you didn't care enough to look twice at his face.

I did it.

I smirked. He had been all mine.

"Get in the car now!" he snapped at us. "I need to beat up a pest."

The Deputy was making us sign some forms about the incident when she quickly bent low to smile at us.

"Are you guys together now?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Do your fucking job."

Before we could utter something else, the glass doors were ripped open as two hefty looking officers shuffled on. They had their muscular arms around a scruffy looking guy, entrapping him with handcuffs.

Blood and bruises marred his face but when the guy looked up, my jaw fell open.

DRAVEN ALDRIDGE

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

His once perfectly gelled hair were matted to his forehead with sweat, the front of his shirt drenched in water. The mouth curved into a small, mischievous smile.

Then he winked.

At me.

A. N:

Draven. That's it. That's the only thing causing me sleepless nights. He's the second love interest. Don't kill me lmao.

Sebastian is and always will remain close to my heart but Draven has arrived too. Now listen up, he's a VERY complex character. You're warned already. I've touched upon  very dire situations and serious issues in this book. That was a warning on its own but I'm warning you now.

Reader's discretion is advised while reading this book!

Also, kinky Savannah strikes again :))))

leave comments and likes, and your opinions. I LOVE LOVE reading your comments. They give me hope in this bland life of mine. hehe

-fq

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro