2: He, The Man I Have Always Loved

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Zoya's eyes glazed over as she recalled that very day. It was a sunny day, bright and beautiful. Just how she used to like it, but now she had come to hate those sunny days, as it had taken away something she loved from her.

"Ill be outside in ten minutes, just hold on, I can only find one shoe" replied Zoya, her phone firmly placed between her ear and shoulder, her tounge stuck out in concentration as she picked up her shoe
"I got it" she cheered, her phone dropping from her shoulder to the floor

"Hello, Adi are you still there" she spoke, annoyed at herself for dropping her new phone on the floor

"I am, now hurry up or we're going to be late" he huffed, the smile still on his face at her crazy antics

Zoya ran outside to see Adi leaning against his car, a smirk on his face as he looked her up and down "Did you wear my faviourate colour on purpose" he asked, opening his arms as she arrived infront of him

"Maybe, depends on if it had the affect I was hoping for" Zoya raised her arms to wrap around his neck, she kissed his lips softly, pulling back she bit into her lip

"Oh it definitely did" Adi chuckled, wiggling his brows he pulled her closer, he kissed her collar bone, taking a deep breath "You smell great" he murmured against her skin

"Oh I know" she winked "Now come on, who's making us late" she admonished

Adi opened the door for her, when she sat inside he got in and started the car "Put the blindfold on Zoya, its a surprise"

Zoya huffed, but did as she was told, as soon as everything went black she heard the crash, her body lifting up as the car jumped and turned over, spinning across the road.

Adi's head knocked into her shoulder, his body splayed across hers as the car finally came to a halt.

Zoya lifted her arm, screaming in pain she ripped her blindfold off, she patted Adi's cheek. "Adi, wake up, Adi" she sobbed at the blood running down his forehead, her eyes faltered close at the sound of the sirens, her last thought was her boyfriend's bloody face that was just above hers

Zoya wiped away her tears quickly and stood up. That day had changed their life, Adi never remembered her after that, his memory of the past two years had gone and it would never return. But she loved him, she always would, even if he would never love her.

XXX

"Why wont you give her a chance bhai, she loves you, what are you so afraid of" asked Arjun

Adi shrugged "This may sound crazy, but I think I can't love her because I love someone else, everytime I get to close to Zoya I just feel guilty, but that's stupid right because there has never been anyone else, or I would remember"

Arjun paused, he knew Adi would feel this way, the doctors had warned them that it was a possibility, but reminding him of his past was just to dangerous unless he recalled it himself. Arjun had made that mistake before of trying to make Adi remember the past, it hadn't gone well.
"Maybe you just need to ignore that feeling, maybe its time you just move on with Zoya"

"I cant Arjun, I just feel like im cheating, Zoya is a great woman, but she can never be the woman I love, please I dont want to have this conversation anymore" he stormed out

XXX

Zoya scrunched up her nose as she looked up at the box above the kitchen cupboard, she pushed her hands down onto the side and lifted her body up, standing up slowly she grabbed the box with a sigh of relief she opened the lid and grabbed the recipe

"What are you doing" asked Adi, his voice startled Zoya and she fell forward, her eyes shut tightly when she landed in his arms

"Am I dead" she asked making him laugh out loud

"No Zoya, ive got you see" he assured her, Zoya opened one eye slowly then the other, then slapped his shoulder "That was your fault, you shouldnt scare someone like that"

"Boo" Adi shouted, the woman screamed before him
"You shouldnt scare someone like that" her hand was on her chest as she breathed heavily

Adi put Zoya down, once again he had some version of a memory but who was that woman? He backed away from Zoya, his voice stern once again "Be careful next time"

Zoya frowned at his sudden cold demeanour. "Are you okay" she asked worriedly

"Yeah, yeah im fine" he brushed her off, undoing his tie as he walked away

XXX

"Can I ask you a question" Adi looked up at Zoya curiously from his file

Zoya nodded "Of course, i'm an open book"

"I ask you this all the time, you always find a way of answering without actually answering, if you knew I could never love you, why did you agree to marry me, are you under some kind of compulsion, because I can help you Zoya, I am your friend"

Zoya's face paled significantly at him calling her a friend. She never wanted to just be his friend, Zoya wanted his heart but maybe she would never get it. "Of course im not under any compulsion, do I really look like a girl that can be forced to you, silly" she laughed uncomfortably

"So, then why did you agree to marry me, is it money or" he trailed off as Zoya gasped

"Excuse me, what do you mean is it money, I dont want your damn money Adi, don't ever belittle me like that"

"Wait, Zoya, I didnt"

Zoya shook her head, her eyes teary "I think you've said enough, more than enough actually" she walked away angrily leaving a sad and confused Adi behind

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro