Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The following morning Irene woke first, going into his room to check on him. She sat down on the couch closing her eyes. The reality was that she couldn't sleep; she was too worried about him, the scene from the night before playing over and over again, the blood, the way in which he fell lifelessly, the paleness in his features. Yes she was a doctor, and yes she had seen this plenty of times but it was him. Her husband. Nothing no amounts off training would prepare her to see that. She took one last look at him before closing her eyes, finally obtaining the peace which she hadn't received without his presence.

Two hours later he awoke, his eyes feeling heavy, the pain in his left shoulder unbearable. He moved over slightly, his eyes falling to her form that lay on the sofa by the window asleep peacefully. She looked ethereal with the light from above shining on her milky skin, her hair sprawled out as she adjusted herself multiple times, a small smile broke on his lips but it died instantly. He shouldn't have brought her into this mess; she was right to be angry, she was right to hate him. He had her believing he was long term, that he would pick up the pieces that the others had broken. He had done the opposite. He took the pieces, tried putting them back together before flinging what he fixed to the floor, watching in silence as it cracked into more pieces. He felt himself sigh as he shuffled to sit up letting out a grunt. He watched her eyes fly open, noting that she was light sleeper before watching as she shot up to his side. She looked tired, and he knew it was his fault. She placed her hand on his forehead. "Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked. He yanked her hand away, glaring at her, the facade back up as he looked at her standing abruptly ignoring the pain he felt. He saw the fear in her eyes as she took staggering steps backwards. His hands flew out, grabbing her shoulders tightly, he looked straight at her, dead in the eye. "I warned you the previous night. Do not touch me. Your not about to get closer to me through it, the false pretence...keep it to yourself and the others around you. I don't need the care or the help." He hissed shoving her back. Her back hit the dresser hard. She winced her eyes flashing towards his, she bit her lip to contain any noise that she was going to make from the sharp contact. She looked at him, her eyes turning wild as she shoved him to create some distance. "I have no intention of coming  close to you, you've proved to me already that your not worth it. I just did my job, I'm a doctor, I did what I always do for casualties and that's save their lives, your the one blurring the line not me. If that's what you want to remain as fine Mr Wang, do not put water on the wound, take these tablets and get the stitches changed. Don't bother coming to me for that though." She shook her head turning away. She missed the way his eyes softened, the hurt lingering as she labelled him nothing more than a casualty. He cursed himself. What had he done to deserve anything else. He watched her walk away, he was angry, he didn't know why he lashed out at her. She didn't deserve it. All she did was help and here he was making her regret it. She was emotionally weak, he knew it and he hated himself for his continual actions against that one weak spot. He walked into the shower, inspecting the wound that she had stitched up and bandaged, feeling worse. He had to apologies to her. His behaviour was unnecessary. This wasn't him. This wasn't in his character. He seemed to have lost himself and the way his family had brought him up. He leaned his forehead on the wall as he finished cleaning up before changing into a fresh pair of clothes. He walked out of his room into the corridor knocking on her door, he waited patiently but began to panic when he noticed she wasn't opening the door. His eyes dilated as his mind went into a frenzy. Had she hurt herself? Had she done something stupid to herself because of him? He pounded at the door relentlessly as it remained shut, the worry manifesting quickly as he looked at the door sighing for the way he was about to destroy it. He ran into it with force using his good shoulder. He stumbled in slightly as he looked around frantically.

Irene was in the bathroom swearing about the issue in her life named Jackson Wang. Once she was done she looked around for her clothes, screaming as she realised in her fit of rage that she had left them inside her room. She opened the door her eyes meeting his as hers widened seeing him at the door. "What the hell did my door to you?" She asked securing her towel as she watched him, her wet hair dripping. She moved forward tripping on the mat, crashing towards the floor. He rushed forwards, his arms resting on her lower back to stabilise her. She winced as he looked at her standing her up straight. His hand still on her lower back. "Can you let go it hurts." She vocalised as his hand quickly dropped. "Are you okay? I called out for you but you weren't opening the door. " "I was in the shower." She said. "Are you okay though?" She looked at him as if he had grown another head. "I'm fine. Can you leave." "What about your back?" She moved away from him walking around him leaning against her dresser to keep her standing. "I'm fine. Leave." He lost his patience in the next second "Your unable to stand... stop saying your fine." "Now who's showing the false pretence of caring." She watched as his face recoiled, she sighed. "Look I'm fine." "I'm sorry." He whispered, his eyes meeting hers. "I'm being a complete ass, you have every right to be annoyed at me. You have every right to hate me and I'm being a dickhead by not considering your side. I'm sorry." He said, his head lowered as she walked up to him. "Thank you for the apology. But I don't know if I can trust your words. If it was that easy to lie about everything for the past three months...then." She looked at his lowered head, hating herself for the way she was about to give into him. "Look I understand that this isn't what you wanted. But before you proposed we were doing good as friends. This marriage...we are gonna have to stay in it for our families, we both know it. So instead of being hostile with each other, let's go back to being friends, like housemates. I'll stay out of your business and vice versa." She looked as his eyes met hers again. "How does that sound?" She questioned as she watched him smile. "I'd like that." Irene smiled back at him, the soft smile and warmth in his eyes returning for which she was thankful for. She watched as he made his way out only to stop at the door that lay on the floor. "By the way you have a sexy pair of legs." Irene's eyes widened as his eyes roamed her towel clad body. She grabbed a pillow throwing it to him as he laughed catching it with ease. He held his hands up in surrender as she muttered "Shameless." Causing him to laugh. She smiled leaning her head on the wall, it didn't matter that they had to start from the begging. It meant there was no more lies. She looked at the place he stood occupying before. The story she was sure was closed had now reopened, picking up where they left off. She smiled one last time.

TBC

Authors note:
Heyyyyyyyyy!!!! A short one to start the week. So basically I've taken you around in a circle, but I'm about to take you out the loop and onto the proper stretch of the roller coaster. Are you strapped in? Stay with me. I hope you enjoy this one. Let me know what you think in the comment section below, I look forward to hearing back from you all. Lots of love and best wishes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro