Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Irene woke the following morning, her body completely stiff as she made attempts to close away from the world again. It wasn't until she couldn't get back to sleep did she shrug the covers away, missing the warmth and comfort that was provided to her now weak body. She sat up, reaching for her phone checking the time. After doing her usual routine she moved out of her confinement into the silent house, her heart constricting as her mind flashed to the events that took place last night. Their wedding night. What was supposed to be their new chapter, was closed before they could even start. She rested her head against the wall as she waited for her toast. How could he have changed in a matter of seconds? How could everything they had built in the past three months fall through as if it wasn't there to begin with? How could he stand in front of her and make those vows knowing he had no intention of keeping them? His words...his words were art, the look in his eyes as he held her hands in his own could not be faked. Or could it?

She turned her head as the toast popped out. She brought the food to her mouth only to gag on it. She attempted again, but with the nauseating feeling deep within her stomach, she gave up, throwing it in the bin. She had no idea what to do with herself. She had no more energy to cry, no more energy to even move. She didn't want to think about him, she wanted to erase him from her very being. She contemplated for half an hour, deliberating whether she should leave him. But she knew she couldn't. Even if her own family didn't care, she had established relationships with his family, she knew how much this union meant to them, and she would never hurt the family she chose. That wasn't in her character; it was something that everyone loved about her, her undying loyalty to those around her. But she was trading her entire life. Her mind laughed bitterly, 'your family already did that Irene.' It chimed. She knew her decision, even if he wouldn't stay true to his vows, she would. She would try...to say that she had, she would try for their family. She sighed moving to get out her books.

Hours later, four gigantic textbooks covered the dining table, highlighters and different coloured pens surrounding them as she worked on making flash cards and notes, organising them to make sure she was prepared for the next interview she had coming up for a higher role within the hospital. She looked towards the clock her eyes widening at the time, realising it was edging closer to the evening. She stood up stretching her arms above her head as her mind jumped to thoughts of him, worry  set deep in her features as she looked at the door. He hadn't come home since last night. Her mind counter argued moments later, telling her that her worry was pointless and he was probably entertaining his lover. She sighed moving to the kitchen to make dinner. Her heart silently praying for his well being, the unsettling feeling becoming ignorable.

////////////////////////////////////////////

After Jackson had left, he wanted a distraction. He needed a distraction. Irene was playing on his mind like a broken record, the way her eyes carried her unshed tears, the way her lip quivered. He hated it. But his mind still believed he had done the right thing. He pulled up at Youngji's apartment, rushing in and claiming her before she could even get a word in edge ways. Hours later, she lay sleeping besides him. On the night he was supposed to be with his wife he was having sex with another woman. The vows he made now empty words as he stared up at the ceiling. His irrationality had taken over, he was destroying her life, her trust, her already non existent belief in love. He watched her perception of him reach a new low, he destroyed everything he worked hard to build simply because he couldn't work out his feelings. People were right about him, he was too emotional, he loved to much and hated with an equal passion. He had no control over himself. And the consequences lay in his wake. He moved out of bed, dressing and leaving. He didn't pay attention to Youngji's calls. He didn't want to. He couldn't bare the actions. He had done exactly what Irene's father had done to her mother. He had done what she was always scared off. He slammed the steering wheel. He had called out Irene's father, but what right did he have? He was no different. He tipped his head back, resting against the headrest as a stray tear fell. He pressed down on the accelerator, his phone ringing as he pressed accept on the screen. "Hey Jack..." began Mark. "Hey." "I know your supposed to be with your wife and all, but we got a hit on Jin." Jackson's eyes widened. "I'll be there in five." He said ending the call before Mark could even protest.

Jin, Jin was an ex military comrade, he was close with Jackson. They treated each other like brothers until a difference in opinion came in between them, a opinion that tore them apart. A opinion about the army. Jin wanted more, his views becoming more extreme as Jackson watched unable to comprehend such a radical ideas that seemed horrific. Jin left. He left the army and ever since then, had led a string of attacks against the chief of the South Korean army and other generals successfully killing six. Jackson had worked tirelessly to try and get Jin behind bars. But it was a big game of hide and seek, things turning into a wild goose chase as the boys began losing their composure with the situation. Jackson and the boys wanted to bring him. And they wouldn't stop until they did. He pulled up within five minutes as said rushing in as the boys turned to him, eyes widening as they looked at him in his wedding tuxedo. "Wahhhh Jackson did you have such a fun time with Irene that you didn't have time to put on fresh clothes?" Questioned Youngjae as Jinyoung and Mark shared glances, reaching the same conclusion, they looked towards Jackson who brushed off the question confirming their suspicions. "What's the lead?" He asked walking up to the monitors as JB began talking him through it with the help of Yugyeom. Bambam looked at Jinyoung and Mark with an eye brow raised as they kept  their eyes glued to Jackson, silently seething.

After an hour Jackson drafted up a plan the boy going to get ready, Jinyoung and Mark halting him as the others turned in confusion. "What did you do?" Questioned  Mark. "I told her the truth." "What? about Youngji?" Questioned Jinyoung, taking his silence as confirmation. "And let me guess you went to her last night. On the night of your fucking wedding you left your wife." He watched as the boys closed the door, stepping back in, their features firmly set as they searched Jackson's face for answers. Mark shoved him up against the lockers. "We told you not to fucking hurt her." He yelled, as the boys attempted to pry him of Jackson. They managed with a struggle as Mark glared at him. JB stepped forth placing a hand on Mark's chest to keep him place. "Let's just get this done." He said calmly, the boys leaving moments later. Mark sat in the car, Jackson in the drivers seat, the other boys following them separately. He messaged Irene. "Are you okay." "I'm fine...why wouldn't I be?" He sighed looking at Jackson. Mark looked out front. He hated Youngji. He always had. The way she played Jackson, the way she had him wrapped around her manicured finger pissed him off but he couldn't blame Jackson. He needed love, something that bitch had taken advantage off. He looked at Jackson who took his eyes off the road for a second to meet his. "I'm sorry." He said. "I told you not to hurt her, why? What for? For Youngji? She doesn't give a shit about you... you've self sabotaged your relationship with Irene because your so fucking scared. She means more to you then Youngji does. She's just a fuck buddy, but Irene...I know your heart Jack...and I saw it in your eyes yesterday as you held her hands in your own. I saw my best-friend in love. And you can deny it... you can say I don't know what I'm talking about but I know you, I know you better than anyone and I can see why your doing this. But stop...don't do it because you'll push her further away until she will no longer be in your reach. You'll destroy yourself in the process Jack." He breathed as he watched Jackson's jaw tense. He saw the tears highlighted in his eyes and it was enough for Mark to lean back in his seat no longer commenting but then deciding to open his mouth five minutes later. "I've told you before Jack, so has Jinyoung...we will support you through everything, even if we don't agree with it. But Irene is as important to me as you are, and I can't sit here and watch you play with her heart. I had no idea that was what you were doing for the past three months but please stop. You were supposed to be her break, her escape from all the hurt; she seems fine but I know this is her hiding. It's what she does but she will fall so deep that no one will be able to bring her back up. Be careful with what you do, you may not be happy with the marriage, but neither was she. She doesn't deserve it." He said finishing his speech as Jackson pulled up.

Around about fifteen minutes later, Jackson and the boys were in position looking around for the cars to pull up, which they did in the next five minutes. Their tip off had been correct but they could not celebrate. Not yet. They moved forth but we're caught seconds later. Gunfire rained down hard, shots heard, ringing over and over again as the boys covered Jackson who went after Jin. He grabbed his car, leaving the boys to handle the mess. He chased after Jin for ten minutes, speeding past the limit as Jackson came up besides him, before pressing harder on the accelerator to cut him off. He got out walking towards the car only for Jin to shoot him in the shoulder. He heard the cackle as Jin drove off. He swore loudly as he got back to the car, slamming the steering wheel in frustration as the boys connected him to a call. "I lost him." He said, the frustration evident as Jackson looked out "I'm going home. Take a break we will regroup after we need to wait for orders." The boys agreed bidding goodbye as Jackson drove home.

He reached twenty minutes later, the blood seeping down his back as he stumbled out the car. He had a medical kit at home to treat the wound. He pulled out his blazer grunting as he put it on to conceal the wound. He opened the door stumbling in, Irene turning to meet his gaze. He saw the worry disappear before returning as she took a closer look at him. She remained silent though as he shuffled away from her, his steps heavy as she observed quietly, her mind working as she watched him grab a knife. "Jackson are you okay?" He heard her question. He didn't have the strength to reply so chose to ignore her, stumbling up the stairs, swaying as she sighed. She heard his door close her eyes catching the trail of blood. She looked up the stairs that he had just ascended, her feet running up them seconds later as her eyes widened in realisation. She opened the door to his room as he turned to her, his white shirt stained with his blood. She moved closer as he swayed falling, she caught him laying him down on the bed that he was nearby. She saw the kit and knife on the side as she quickly undid his shirt throwing it to the floor. She turned him over on his stomach looking at the wound inspecting it. She took the knife fishing for the bullet as he screamed in agony grabbing onto her wrist tightly again causing her to wince, she stopped wiping his forehead, before whispering in his ear. "I know, I know it hurts but I need you to let me get the bullet out Jackson. I need you to trust me." She felt his grip loosen as she fished out the bullet seconds later, whispering words of comfort every now and then. She ran to her room grateful she had a stitching kit on her. She began to close the wound, as he slumped against the bed. She worked quickly but accurately finishing her work. She put on a plaster making sure to cover the complete area of the wound, she moved him over slightly going to his cupboard to get him a shirt. She put in on, tucking him in and turning of his bedside lamp. She felt herself sigh in relief; her hands playing with his hair before stopping herself. She picked up the mess throwing his shirt and suit blazer into the washing machine before cleaning the mess of blood that graced the floor.

Two hours later, she stuck her head into his room making sure he was okay one last time for her own peace of mind before going to sleep herself.

TBC

Authors note:
Well this was along one. Hah. I hope you enjoy this one. Let me know what you think in the comment section below. Lots of love and best wishes to you all.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro