Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

She refused to look at any of them the next time she woke, let alone speak to any of them. She had waited patiently for the chief to come so that she could tell them what happened before going back to her self inflicted isolation. "You gave us a fright Irene." He said passing her a small smile as he sat down on a seat the Jackson had moved in his direction. She passed him a tense smile back, apologising for getting him worried as she shuffled against the pillow that supported her back. "Do you remember what happened?" Irene shook her head. "Things are hazy and even when they had me, I can't remember much. Suho wasn't there though when I woke the second time round. It was just Jin." He nodded as Irene caught Jackson tense. "We are glad to have you back child. But how did you manage to escape?" Irene looked down at her hands. "Jin was trying to get me for sex. He spoke about giving me a light tease and he hadn't realised he had a knife poking out from his belt. He came up behind me and since one of my hands was  loosened it made it easy for me get a hold of it. Once he left I cut the ropes off, and climbed out the window. His place is infiltrated with security but I disarmed one and got my hands on a weapon. I shot a few and the climbed over the fence before running. They followed me but I managed to mislead them by buying a hoodie and cap to throw them off guard as well as some basic stuff from the pharmacy then I decided to lay low for a day. I had my credit card on me so I managed to get checked into a hotel and then the following day when I was sure they weren't around I managed to get a second hand car and then drove back." Everyone looked at her in shock. "You did what!" Said Youngjae, his eyes wide as were everyone else's. Irene looked down dismissing the reactions around her. "I know their location though, which will be helpful. I really think now is the time to wire up their house. Send someone in." She said as the chief nodded. "Sounds like a plan." Irene's eye brows tensed for a second. "By the way...where's Youngji?" "She's been discharged and is at home, we gave her leave to recover." Irene looked towards the chief. "When did you discharge her?" "A day after you went missing." Irene's eyes widened. "Why?" She heard, she shook her head slightly passing them a smile that by now Jackson had deciphered. There was something off. "I was just wondering. I haven't seen her since I arrived back and she was one of the last patience I checked up on." And she wasn't fit enough to leave. Her mind finished as she stared back up at the chief. "Always the doctor." Irene smiled, eyeing him with caution. "Is there anything else you can remember?" Irene shook her head negative as he passed her a smile, standing. "Get some rest then, if you remember anything else let us know." Irene nodded passing him a smile before watching him leave. In her head she had drawn the conclusion that she couldn't trust anyone. Wether that was insecurity or logic, it was yet to be decided but she was sure on one thing. There was more then one traitor. She remembered clearly after she had messaged Jackson she had looked up towards where Youngji's bed stood, and just as she came to the realisation it was empty, she was whacked over the head. Which led her with two overall conclusions. Either, Youngji had been on the floor and Irene had completely missed her, or that she was in fact in on this. And as much as she wanted to believe that Youngji wasn't that twisted her mind felt inclined to believe the latter. She breathed a deep sigh, her eyes casting up into Jackson's who had his eyes trained to her form watching as she broke out of her deep thoughts. He made attempts to start a conversation to ask her what she was thinking but before he could get a word in edge ways she had consciously turned away from him.

Jackson felt the sigh escape his lips as he watched her breaths even out indicating that his wife was asleep once again. It had been days since she looked him in the eye. And he finally saw just how stubborn she could really be, he could understand her reasoning and he knew if the roles had been reversed he would have been the same yet he couldn't let her go in alone, he couldn't let her go in knowing full well that she was willing to sacrifice her life. He wouldn't let her. He sat back down in his chair that had held his form for days, and he couldn't help but think reminiscing the small amounts of love they had exchanged. Everything now seemed futile and he blamed her deep down for that. He couldn't fathom her thoughts any more without getting angry at himself, where had he gone wrong? He hadn't. But she seemed to not want to trust him,  not even confide in him and it hurt. He flipped open his computer working on a report for another mission he had put off typing up. His fingers worked softly against the keypad, eyes flickering up to watch her form every now and then in a stagnated pattern. Hours went past, his mind morphing into the Captain mindset he needed. His concern for her was still at the forefront of his mind, and just as he wrapped up his work and leaned back into his chair; Irene suddenly thrashed against the bed, muffled words escaping her lips as her head moved from side to side, he heard the words become more clear, his form rushing over to her side yanking the bar down so he could get to her. "Rene..." he called out, his ears listening intently to her words. "Please no...no...Suho please, not him. Please stop. Jackson!...Suho...stop please. No... no." Once his mind had fully comprehended what she was dreaming about he leaned over her form, moving her hair away from her forehead and wiping away at the beads of sweat. "Rene I'm right here..." he whispered, knowing it was best not to forcibly wake her. Carefully he sat at her side, waiting. And soon enough with a scream of his name, she shot up landing straight into his chest. He felt her shake as she breathed heavily, her chest heaving with her desperate attempts to grasp onto the air. He tightened his grip, kissing atop her head. "Shhhh Babygirl I've got you. I'm right here." He waited for her to calm down, feeling her shivers disappear and her breaths evening out. "Jack?" She said looking up to him. He moved himself so he was lying besides her. "I'm here." He said pulling her into his chest. "Go back to sleep Rene." He wrapped his arms loosely around her mindful of her wounds. "I can't." She vocalised, her voice cracking, "I'm going to be right here Rene." He kissed her forehead. "I'm going to be right by your side Babygirl." "Promise." "Yes." She snuggled into him, holding him for dear life, her eyes fluttering open every now and then to ensure he was there before finally allowing the darkness to consume her and pull her back into her slumber.

Jackson watched as she slept, moving an arm to move a lock of hair away from her face. She pulled herself closer to him and he couldn't help but smile, his own eyes closing shortly after to join his wife in sleep.

TBC

Authors note:
Hey guys hope you enjoy this one. Let me know what you think. I now have a schedule for this just in case I go back to school. I really do hope your enjoying the story line. Lots of love and best wishes to you all. Stay safe xx

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro