Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

He paced back and forth. She had been in surgery for the past four hours, with no word of consolidation. He had been left in the dark but he could see the looks on the girls faces, hell they had to call a senior from Seoul because of the extent of the bleeding and injuries. More than twelve people surrounded his wife yet here he was with no inclination of what was going on within those four walls. He had been separated from her for so long. And now he just wanted it to end, he just wanted to hold her in his arms again, to kiss her, to reassure her that she wasn't alone. That she would never be alone again. Her half of the past had been dealt with. He slumped against the wall; his boys sitting in the uncomfortable chairs that were lined in front of the surgical room, the looks of tiredness mixing with concern. He rested his head back against the cool wall, his Adam's apple moving as he gulped down this nauseating feeling that spurred in his gut. He closed his eyes momentarily feelings the tears slip through with no real filter.

The sliding door, opened and they all emerged with solemn looks, he pushed himself up, his eyes begging for answers, begging for relief. "She's stable." He heard, and his heart glossed over in relief. "But we need to discuss the extent of the torture Mr Wang." Addressed the doctor. He looked up to the older man, and his eyes moved a fraction to capture the way the girls seemingly turned at the mention, the way Wendy bit her lips, and Joy who took a laboured breath. "Obviously the physical extent of her injuries are common knowledge. She's had bullets fired at her, and whilst the alcohol must have been painful, it did prevent the wounds from becoming infected, all of the bullets have been removed and she's been stitched up. The internal bleeding has stopped, and it will be monitored and controlled with blood thinners which come with their own hazards. We are being mindful of her situation. I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this Mr Wang...but your wife has been raped." Jackson's eyes watered, his steps staggering back. "We know the psychological impacts of what she's been through and I have to tell you that when your wife wakes up, she might not be the same woman you fell in love with." "Impossible." Said Jackson, "she's irene I'll love her either way." "I don't doubt that Mr Wang. In fact that's exactly what she needs. You will need to do exactly that. All of you but I'm telling you to not be shocked or hurt by the way she might act. She needs to pull out of the mental trauma, and that's easier said then done." He squeezed Jackson's shoulder. "Be patient with her." He turned to the girls. "You know what to do, I'll draft a plan up, and I've asked my friend who is a  psychologist to fly out. She will hopefully be able to help you all." Jackson thanked the man, who left moments later, his wife being wheeled out of the room.

Silence rung out, no one knowing what to do, words falling dead on their lips, but with the sob Wendy emitted, the room came crashing down. They left Jackson alone, who once again, sat holding her hand in his own. His wedding ring flashing in the light and he broke. The strong resolve he had tried to keep up for her, for the soldiers around him, finally fell. His tears fell over and over again and this time he didn't even try and stop them.

Hours once again turned to days, her hands resting against her side, her eyes had been closed ever since. She hadn't graced him with those eyes he had fallen in love with and so he waited. He waited by her side. Holding her hand as if his life was dependent on it. He prayed every days religiously. And finally those words had gotten past the angels and straight to god himself.

Her eyes opened, and Jackson sat up in his chair. "Irene..." he called tenderly. She looked to him, her eyes instantly tearing. "You came." She said. "I didn't think you would." She said. He moved his hand, and she flinched. He recoiled, his face masking the pain. "Can I get you anything?" He asked. "Can I have some water please." He nodded pouring her a glass and bringing the rim to her lips. She looked at him as she slurped on the liquid. He looked tired, and she knew it was because of her, his hair was slightly dishevelled and his eyes had bags under them. He moved the glass away. His eyes looking at her with caution. "How are you feeling?" "Not great." He nodded, looking down at his hands, "I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner." He said, his eyes glossing over, as the tears slipped from his eyes. "I'm so sorry." He said louder. Irene moved her hand out, tracing over his jaw lightly. "You have nothing be sorry for." She dried his tears. "I don't blame you Jackson." She said. She laced her fingers through his. "I'm just glad to be with you again." He kissed the back of her knuckles. "So am I Babygirl." She looked up to him, the tension that he could previously see in his presence flooded out her body. "Please don't leave me." She said in a small whisper. "I won't." He said firmly. "Never again." He finished. And she cracked a painful smile, that he knew was for his benefit. She turned away from him, and when she thought she was in the clear, her sobs rang out. Jackson moved his chair around the bed, looking into her eyes, wiping away those tears she was trying to conceal. "We will get you through this Irene. Baby steps." He said softly. He watched her nod, her eyes closing as she shuffled against the bed. It took awhile but she knocked out soon after with Jackson watching over her.

Just as he was dozing of she shot up with a scream. His eyes lost the tiredness, as she cried. His hands pulled her against his chest, the light punches causing his eyes to shut. This is what the doctor had spoken about and whilst he had anticipated this, the cries and screams broke his heart. He couldn't bring himself to do much. His words failed him and her. His arms wrapping around her tightly, as she screamed for him. He kissed her forehead softly. "I'm right here Babygirl." Smoothing out her curls. He felt her arms wrap around him, the way she was clinging to him showcasing the desperation, until finally she fell asleep against him.

He awoke first the following morning, moving in order to ensure that she didn't panic like last time. He cracked his back, rubbing the nape of his neck as he raked the same hand through his hair moments later. "Jack can we talk outside real quickly." Called Youngjae. Jackson nodded passing a final look in her direction. "I know this probably isn't a good time for you. But the whole thing regarding Jin....I'm sorry to have to tell you this but Youngji was the one to betray us the first time. She gave away the location of Irene... she had been sleeping with Jin..." Jackson's fists clenched as Youngjae handed him a package.  He looked through the papers his eyes widening. "Where is she?" He asked. "We are working on the location." "Good, as soon as you get one send Mark and Jinyoung in." He nodded. "How is she?" "Restless. She's not scared of my touch as much. She's readjusting...it's going to be a slow healing process. The psychologist said she would be here by tomorrow so hopefully she will able to help her better than I am." Youngjae nodded. "Don't be too hard on yourself jack. She's back with us and that's all that matters." "I could have gotten to her faster." He said. "We did what was allowed of us. We got to her as quick as we could." "It wasn't enough."

Youngjae opened his mouth to argue, but a blood curdling scream, caused them to halt. Jackson's eyes widened as he ran back to her. He pulled her gently into his arms, as she shook against him. "Shhhh I'm right here." He called softly. He looked up. "What happened?" He asked. "I came in to sort out her medicine. When she saw me she started screaming." Said a male nurse. Jackson flashed him a look, the other staff members coming into her private room. "I don't want any male staff in here." He called out. They nodded as Youngjae cleared them all out. Irene wrapped her arms around his torso, her head pressed against his stomach. He kissed the top of her head, moving slightly, so he could lay next to her. "I'm right here." He reassured.

TBC

Authors note:
Hey guys. Five more chapters, start counting down. I hope your enjoying this. Let me know what your thoughts are in the comment section below. I would love to hear your thoughts. Lots of love and best wishes to you all.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro