Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jackson stood outside his wife's room, his eyes set on the door in front of him. His stance waiting patiently. She was currently speaking to the psychologist. Another person willing to help her; he just hoped she would take that help. Days had gone by and slowly she became more aware, more controlled over her emotions yet it was that control that scared him. She was becoming more stable in her fears, her normal self radiating as she settled into her prior relationship with his boys, who looked after her when ever he had to go for work. He was grateful for the family he had, for the support with him and her and he knew they were willing to do anything for them. He crossed his arms over his chest leaning back against the wall, until finally the door opened, an older woman with kind eyes stepped out. "Mr Wang?" Jackson pushed himself off the wall. "Yes." She passed him a smile. "Your wife has been through a lot. She's managed to open up to me which is great because usually it takes a lot longer. The important factor for her is to make peace with what has happened and yes I know it will be hard but it's not supposed to be easy. You need to be mindful of her fears until they completely disappear. She's a strong character and even from her eyes I could work out that she been through a lot more and she's pulled herself out of it before alone and that is the key thing here. This is another stretch of the journey she needs to go through alone, hold her hand, reassure her when she falters but don't take the reigns completely or she might never recover. She's over the first half regarding a man named Suho, and she mentioned her uncle who is also dead. She said her fear lies in a man named Jin. She seems to think he will extract revenge, as her husband Mr Wang, make sure she's safe to the best of your capabilities and until she shows signs of bouncing back make sure someone is with her at all times. Even if it's just to talk, it will take her mind off the negative thoughts she is having." Jackson nodded soaking in her words and heeding to the advice. "Also Mr Wang, since you are husband I think it's best I tell you that she has had suicidal thoughts within the last couple of days. She said she's talked herself out of it, but please, make sure your aware of that. I'll see her again tomorrow." She nodded to Jackson, who walked back into her room, seeing her dressed in hospital clothes, with her hair flowing out. Even now she looked ethereal. "Irene..." he called, watching as she turned to him. "Hey." She said softly. "How was it?" "Refreshing." She spoke. "I feel like a weight has been lifted, but I know this journey of healing Jackson and it's a long one." He smiled at her. "And we will go on that one together too." "Your too good to me." She whispered, turning towards him. "I don't deserve you." "Irene..." he breathed patiently. "I'm used goods Jackson. Your young, handsome and I'm sure you can find someone more deserving with ease." He stated at her like she had uttered words in a completely different language. "Divorce me." She finished, her eyes tearing as she spoke the words he had been dreading since their names became entangled. "I'm a mess." She said. Jackson sat down on the bed besides her, hesitantly taking her hand in his. "No." He said firmly. "I'm not divorcing you. Not now, not ever. If your a mess fine, but your my mess. I love you Babygirl, and I'm not leaving, no matter how hard you try and push me away, no matter how many times you break down, I'll be there through it all. I'm going to hold this hand until death and if god allows it after that." Irene pushed herself up into his embrace, her petite hands wrapping around his neck. He placed a hand on her back, rubbing it in small circles. She moved away moments later, "I want to go home." She said, he brushed away at the tear that had unknowingly slipped from her eyes, offering her a small smile. "Okay." He moved her back so she was laying back into the comforts of her duvet, with him laying besides her. She shuffled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her closer, he planted a kiss to her forehead and his heart warmed at the way she gave him a smile. The first genuine one to grace her features in weeks. It was going to take some time but she would heal.

Jackson had moved her back home, whilst filling his family in on the situation, to say they were angry would be an understatement. They were so pissed and the minute Irene had stepped foot back into their house she had been forced to sit down with his family completely doting on her. It was definitely a sight. And he felt relaxed knowing that along side their friends his family would be there for her. Jackson looked on as his mother and sister-in-law shoved different foods in her mouth feeding her as she laughed alongside them. He felt a hand rest on his shoulder his body turning to his fathers. "How are you son?" He asked. "I'm just relieved she's coming out of it..." "she will. We will get her out of it together." Jackson smiled at his father. "It's nice to see you two are on better terms." Said his father. Jackson smiled looking to the floor. "I know that look son, you can't hide it from me." Jackson looked towards his father. "Did you know this was going to happen when you asked for her hand for me?" His father smiled at him lovingly. "She is a gem of a person Jackson, and I knew that your morals would resonate well with each other. She's strong, she's stunning, she has brains and everything she has in life, from the money to her name and reputation has been earned through hard work and commitment...it was only a matter of time before you realised she was for you even if I had instigated it. We never know how things will turn out, we just hope and pray that it will be good."His father smiled cheekily as he brushed his shoulder, "I'm a great wing man wouldn't you say son." Jackson chucked as his father slapped his back before joining the family. Amy sat hugging Irene for dear life and Jackson couldn't help but smile. Maybe finally they could have a dream family that they had discussed.

Months had flown by. Irene had returned to work despite Jackson's clear apprehension but she was adamant to start getting her life back on track and he eventually succumbed. He was working from home, his responsibilities as chief had changed drastically and a lot of his work could be accessed from home, despite the odd mission here and there that  he was adamant to complete in record times to get back to her as soon as possible. He became extremely over protective over her within the months they had been home and with the odd nightmare here and there she had been on fast track to recovery.

She looked up at him with a smile as she shuffled into his side. They were currently watching a movie, her head resting on his shoulder as she laced her fingers through his. He had been completely respectful of her personal space adamant to take things slowly for her and never pressurised her into something she wasn't ready for. Jackson turned his neck, their eyes meeting, the film long forgotten. She moved her face inches closer to his, before placing her lips against his, her hand trailed from his chest to the nape of neck to pull him in closer, and she could feel the smile as he responded slowly as if not to scare her. She parted moments later. "What was that for?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. "A thank you." She spoke tenderly, her hand resting against his chest again and playing with the sweatshirt material he wore. "For your patience..." she said, as he smiled at her. "Always." He whispered, as she leaned back in.

The following morning Irene had left for work after Jackson had cooked her breakfast, another habit that had become the usual for them, and when she finished her shift about six hours later she was glad to step into her home. Their home. She smiled slightly as she looked towards her phone.

From Hubby ❤️
Hey Babygirl, I have a work emergency. I'll be home soon, will you be okay?

From Babygirl 💖
I'll be fine xx take your time Chief Wang 😉

Irene shook her head emitting a small laugh as she walked back into their house. Irene smiled as she did. Things were better, and she owed that to her other half. He had been nothing but patient with her and unknowingly through his companionship he had healed her, and she was shocked at the short time it had taken unlike previously when she had walked alone. She smiled placing her bag down, before turning the lights on, she moved into the kitchen, taking a glass of water and bringing it to her lips, closing her eyes at the sensation. She placed the glass back down before walking into their adjoining living room. And there sat someone. Irene paused. She knew her husband, she had studied his form through observation and she knew this wasn't him. Her footsteps faltered, as she turned to her phone, her fingers typing a message whilst cautiously looking up. She pressed send and shuffled her feet slightly. "Didn't think you'd be getting rid of me that soon now did you?" She closed her eyes at the voice, Jin. She watched as he puffed out smoke from his cigarette before stumping it into the coffee table that lay on the side. He stood up and Irene looked over. This wasn't her past to deal with. It was her husbands and she would be strong and she would wait. She didn't say anything. "Your husband didn't learn his lesson." He said stepping forward. "You killed my brother." He said taking another threatening step forward. "And you killed my step father." Irene's eyes widened, a look of disgust on her face. Even if it wasn't by blood, if Jin's words were correct then it would have made Jin her cousin in some weird way. "He adopted me and Suho, provided us with a family. And your husband killed him. It's only fair if I get revenge right?" Irene looked towards him stepping back cautiously to the make shift office Jackson had about four meters away, a desk stacked with paperwork and a computer all neatly organised. She moved herself that way, before he stopped his steps. Irene moved fast. Her hands flying over the paper work as a distraction before she allowed herself to force her way into hand to hand combat. She swerved his punch, locking his arm and twisting it back painfully. She then grabbed a metal pen holder and whacked it over his head. He slumped, his legs giving out as Irene rushed to their room locking the door before going into the en-suite bathroom and hiding in there. She brought her legs up to her chest silently praying, begging for her husband to come and end this nightmare. "Jackson." She whispered burying her head into her arms as her form shuddered.

TBC

Authors note:
Hey guys. Lol I'm sorry but PLOT TWISTTTT. You can hate me. I'm sorry. Let me know what your thinking in the comment section below. I look forward to hearing back from you guys.  4 more left...stay with me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro