Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After the well deserved rest he needed the following morning he awoke feeling refreshed. He was glad to finally be able to catch a break from the hectic life he had. He got up early making sure to work out which proved the wrong thing to do, his stitches reopening, he sighed plastering a bandage over it in attempts to restrict the blood flow.  His morning consisted of cleaning his house and cooking, something he enjoyed but never had time for. He smiled as he tasted the food he worked hard to make, savouring the taste as he leaned back in his seat.

Bored a few hours later he decided to go and see Jinyoung to take him to the hospital for his check up, that Irene had insisted they do every two weeks until she gave the all clear. He pulled up twenty minutes later meeting Jinyoung's shocked face. "Your taking me to the hospital?" He questioned as he looked at him in bewilderment "Are you sure your not using me as an excuse to see your future missis?" Jackson glared at Jinyoung sighing "Not you as well." He groaned out as he pressed on the accelerator.

Minutes later they reached their destination. Jackson thankful for the short ride, which resulted in less teasing. They walked in, seeing the girls bar Irene huddled around the station. They waved to the two as they approached, hugging them briefly as they stood back in their previous positions. It had only been three weeks but Jackson had gotten the chance to hang around with the girls. He loved the banter and energy they had, he vibed with them well, and he could tell that his squad was being drawn in too. He smiled as they engaged in light hearted conversation, his eyes looking around, begging to set sights on her. The girls and Jinyoung looked at each other in amusement, as Wendy coughed. "She's been in surgery for the past fifteen hours. She said she would see you though Jinyoung so just wait." He nodded as Joy led him to a room to wait in, Jackson's face tensed as he heard the words Wendy just said. Suelgi noticing the look on his face stood up from her chair. "It's nothing new Jackson, she's done things like this plenty of times before." He nodded at the reassurance but his heart still felt restless. Yeri walked up to him. "But despite that, maybe you should take her home with you after she's done." The girls nodded in agreement before they rushed off an emergency case coming in seconds later. Joy motioned him over as he walked into the room where Jinyoung was, the two boys sitting down, silence casting over them as they stared at each other. "How you feeling about the marriage?" He asked. "I'm not opposed to it as much as I was...Irene is amazing, she's refreshing." He watched Jinyoung's jaw set tight. "So why are you still entertaining Youngji?" Jackson looked at him shocked, as Jinyoung stood. "You said you were done with her Jackson, she's cheated on you before, we have all told you this multiple times, hell you've caught her yourself and your still with her. Why?" Jinyoung asked losing what remained of his composure. He watched as Jackson's head fell forth, hiding the tears that threatened to slip. It was true. Every single word that came out of Jinyoung's mouth. It was true. His relationship with Youngji was complicated. They met in the army. She was there for him when no one else was. She pulled him out his self inflicted darkness. Taught him that it was okay not to be okay. And he loved her. He did. But things changed. Their relationship going south. He heard the rumours of her cheating with his other fellow comrades. His own circle telling him but he turned deaf for her. She abused his trust over and over again and he let her because he felt indebted to her. She loved him when he didn't love himself. He heard Jinyoung sigh. "Bro I know how much she meant to you, and I know that you feel you need to pay her back but you don't owe her anything. You've already sacrificed so much for her, and she's entertaining other men when your not there to fill that role." Jackson's eyes flared, "You Don't know what your talking about!" "Stop denying it." Jinyoung finally yelled back. "Your my brother, I've watched you from day one, I've witnessed everything Jackson. I know you. And I know that's she's hurting you more than healing you. Let her go. She doesn't deserve you." "And then what start a life with Irene?" He questioned back furiously. "Yes exactly that. She's such a pure soul. She would never hurt you the way Youngji has been doing. Irene deserves to be happy and so do you." "All women are the same. If Youngji can do it so can irene." He watched as Jinyoung rubbed his temples. "She's broken you Jackson. You've forgotten how to love." Jackson stood up. "So why are you leading Irene on. If your feelings for Youngji are so clear cut, then spare Irene. She doesn't deserve any of this." "This is for the family." He replied bluntly, whipping around sharply to face Jinyoung. "Her family owes my family. The deal they came up with is between them." "You don't mean that. Nor do you believe that. Stop running away from your feelings. It's okay to like her. To like Irene....it's okay." Jackson whirled around. "No it's not. Not this early on." "Why? Are you gonna push her away? because seeing you guys for the past three weeks, it seems like every time you set your mind to push her away, you don't because you can't." He watched as Jackson sighed. Jinyoung flopped on the bed. "Look, it's your life. But as a friend and brother I'm telling you that you deserve to be happy. After everything...as cheesy as it may sound, you deserve a happy ending." Jackson turned to him. "Finish what you want to say Jinyoung." He heard Jinyoung inhale "Irene does not deserve this. And I'm not gonna allow her to throw away her life for a man who doesn't deserve her heart. She's been through enough. Don't put her through more. Please." He heard the pleading again. "Why do you and Mark keep saying that. What the fuck has happened to her that's so bad. Everyone is so damn protective but I'm still confused, so enlighten me." Jinyoung raked a hand through his hair. "I heard you say to Mark that you want her to open up to you. So wait, because it isn't my place to tell her story. It's not mine to tell." Jinyoung put a hand on his shoulder. "You need to work out what you want. Even if we don't necessarily agree with the decision jack, you know we would always support you."  He nodded, the boys finally smiling at each other.

The door opened moments later, a tired Irene, yawning as she rubbed her eyes. She attempted to smile, but was too tired to hold it. She grabbed a stool, wheeling herself to them, as they watched in concern. "Hey." She greeted simply, the boys greeting her back. "Okay. Let's have a look." Jinyoung nodded, as Irene inspected the wound. She smiled up at him. "It's better. I would say you can begin to continue your work but don't over pressurise yourself, and if there is any pain come back immediately. I'll give you a week and then you can be back to your normal routine." Jinyoung smiled at her. "Thanks Irene." She smiled taking of her gloves and throwing them into the bin. Her eyes looking to Jackson, her eyes awakening slightly as she stood quite abruptly. She toppled into him slightly as he grasped her arms in order to steady her. "Woah what's wrong?" He asked, he watched the trial of her eyes, as her hand went to his shirt yanking it up, she looked at the bandage soaked with blood. "Wow you wanna see me shirtless so bad?" He questioned to lighten the mood. He watched Jinyoung's knowing smile, as he locked eyes with her glare. "Get on the bed." She stared deadly. "Irene it's fine-" "I wasn't asking." She pointed to the bed. "Bed. Now." His eyes widened as he ran to the bed, pushing Jinyoung out the way. Irene grabbed a pair of gloves and stitches, she cleaned the wound, applying pressure to stop blood flow. She began to do the skit he's, Jinyoung standing behind her as he made faces as Jackson. "Well we know who's gonna control this marriage." Jackson moved to chuck the pillow at him only for Irene to push him back down. "Stop moving." He gulped nodding as he watched Irene's steady hands. Minutes later she was done, throwing the stuff in bin as she turned to him. "Come back in three days to get the stitches changed." He nodded as the three of them moved out the room, regrouping with the other girls. Jackson and Irene stood together, a distance between them as the group conversed. His eyes trained to her form, her eyes were watering. She grabbed her head multiple times as they talked. He could tell something was wrong and he was grateful he wasn't the only one to pick up on it. "Irene are you okay?" Asked Wendy. "Yeah I'm fine." she replied. They watched her carefully, as she swayed slightly tipping away from them, they watched her eyes close, as Jackson leaned over catching her with ease. He moved hair out of her face, picking her up as her head rested against his shoulder, "Irene." He called. Wendy rushed forward, checking for a pulse. "Jackson bring her here." He nodded, as Wendy worked around her. "Irene....Irene wake up." She sighed as she called for some water. She gently sprayed water on her face. "Come on Irene." Moments later she woke up, her eye brows tense as she moved her head to the side. "She's over working. Seriously Irene why have you been working back to back for the past three days. You haven't even been home. Seriously." Jackson crossed his arms over his chest as he watched her, she moved to sit up, as he moved forward reaching over her, each arm on each side as he propped up her pillows, she leaned into him slightly as he did. She leaned back after, seeing the fury in his eyes. "Go home." Suelgi said, squeezing her shoulder tightly before leaving. Joy grabbed Jinyoung's hand, "I'll drop you home." Jackson smiled at her in gratitude. Irene sighed as she looked at Jackson, she gulped slightly. He didn't say anything. He picked her up bridal style. Her arms wrapping around his shoulders as she leaned her head in the crook of his neck. He carried her to his car, putting her in. He leaned over to put her seat belt on, their faces inches away, she looked at him, mouth opening to say something. But He moved away quickly, walking around and strapping himself in. He drove for five minutes pulling up to his house as her eyes widened. She watched from the windscreen as he slammed the door, walking to her door taking of her seatbelt and picked her up again. He walked up the stairs to his house, taking her to his room. He lay her down on his bed, taking her shoes of and putting her legs on the bed before pulling the duvet over her. "Sleep." He said abruptly. She grabbed his hand as he moved to leave. "Are you mad?" She whispered. He turned around. "You need to look after yourself. Sleep. We will talk in the morning." He looked in her eyes, seeing them water slightly as she turned away from him, he sighed rubbing his temples as he walked up to her on the other side, bending down to kiss her forehead. She smiled up at him, her eyes closing as she fell into deep slumber straight away. He sighed concerned, as he sat on the edge of the bed, his head turning to watch her sleeping form before moving out.

TBC

Authors note:
Hey if anyone is reading. Hope you enjoy this update let me know if you did.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro