Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Irene sat in front of the mirror looking at her reflection as she finished the finishing touches on herself. She was dressed in a floor length sequin black dress that emphasised her shoulder blades that lay on display, she curled her hair in to tight voluminous curls, brushing them slightly. She put on eye liner, and applied mascara to her eye lashes enhancing her lotus like eyes. Her lips coated in a light red colour giving her lips a full colour. She sprayed some perfume on herself looking at the reflection that stared back at her. She was beautiful. But not to her mind, her insecurities playing loudly in her mind as she looked at herself horrified. She stared disgusted as she heard a soft knock on the door breaking her trial of thoughts, she turned as it opened revealing Jackson who stood in his glory. He was dressed in a form fitting black suit, with a white shirt underneath, a tie finishing the look as her eyes widened. He looked handsome, his hair slicked back and style to the side, his eyes shining brightly into hers, the suit emphasising his muscular physique. He looked like a Greek god, sculptured by the finest, she turned around looking at herself in the mirror, missing the way Jackson's face fell as he watched her mind work. He came up pulling her to him, his arms wrapping around her petit waist. "You look beautiful. Absolutely stunning." He stood back with her in the mirror pointing to the reflection and she finally saw her true self. She was stunning. She was stunning next to him. She angled her head looking up at him, smiling. "Thank you." She whispered, he looked at her "I told you irene, you don't have to go through things alone." She nodded up at him. "Are you ready for this?" "No can we not go." He looked at her his eyes worried as she sighed. "Let's just get this over and done with." He stretched out his hand. "Together." He stated as he watched her hand go into his. "Together."

After the drive they arrived at Jackson's house, they were welcomed by his family. Irene had never felt so loved in her life, she watched as they each took time to greet her and ask her brief questions hugging her as though she was already apart of their family. She smiled at them her heart somewhat healing at the way they smiled at her. Jackson's niece Amy came running up to her as she signalled to be picked up. Irene picked her up as Amy spoke to her enthusiastically. "Uncle Jack, My aunt is beautiful... you treat her properly." Irene smiled laughing before kissing her cheek as she engaged Amy with basic conversation the family smiling as Jackson wrapped his arms around his mother watching Irene as he leaned his chin on his mothers shoulder. "She's fit in so easily." She stated as Jackson smiled. "She's stunning." She continued. "Yeah she is." He whispered as his mother smiled knowingly. They heard a doorbell ring, Jackson's mother opening the door to reveal Irene's family. Irene refused to break away from Amy as the rest entertained and greeted her family. "Irene..." her stepmother finally called out, coming towards her with open arms only for Irene to step away "there's no need for the fake love, treat me how you usually do." "Irene." Her father threatened as she simply turned around busying herself with Amy. Everyone sat in the main room conversing before moving into the dining room. Jackson pulled out a chair for her as she smiled up at his gratefully. He bent down whispering "Your doing great." She huffed slightly, as he beckoned her to sit. "So irene I hear your a doctor." His father began. "Yes." "Sounds interesting." "It is. It's a lot of work, especially the shifts but it keeps me busy." He smiled at her warmly, the first fatherly smile she had ever received. "Your father must be proud." Irene looked at her own father. "Doubt it." She said, biting her lip as she failed to conceal the resentment. She smiled sweetly continuing to eat. "So what do you actually do?" Questioned Jackson's sister in law. "I work on the emergency wards, but I'm a surgeon for the OR, my main cover is the ER. So I work back and forth between those." She nodded. "Sounds tiring" "yeah it depends on the day, on a good day my shift can span for eight hours. But there's been times when I just don't go home." They looked at her flabbergasted, her only family starting to realise the commitment that Irene possessed for everything she did.She laughed slightly "it's not that bad. Honestly it isn't, most of my time is taken up in surgery. Times vary depending how long the case is, like the one I had the other day was fifteen hours but that's pretty normal." They watched shocked at how casual she was, causing them to remain in silence. Jackson looked around smirking, wanting her family to regret a bit more. "Irene was part of the army as well dad before she became a doctor." His father smiled at her, warming up to her further "Really? That's amazing... what rank did you get dear?" "Major...I quit after a few years, Jackson was saying that it was the year you guys joined." " Ah we just missed you then" he stated laughing. "That's impressive. Your amazing dear, you've handled so much." His mother stated smiling at her warmly as Irene tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Irene doesn't take compliments well mum, she's never really received any." "Why not she's phenomenal, I'd be honoured to have you as my daughter and I guess that I am getting you in the form of a daughter for which I'm thankful for." Irene looked up at him, "you don't know how much those words mean to me sir, I've waited my whole life to hear them. Thank you." He smiled at her, as Jackson grabbed her hand, the family smiling at one another as Jackson's father turned to Irene's. "Your telling me that your not proud of your daughter." "I am-" "don't lie. You've never given a shit about me or mum. She killed herself because you poisoned her with your filthy love, you got what you wanted and left. You didn't see her struggle, I did. I watched her beg for you day and night. I was the one that came home to find her corpse not you. I was always the add on to the perfect pre made family that you had. I was and am a burden to you so don't lie to them that your proud of me when you've never once told me that or even been in my life. Everything I am is because of me and no one else. I had no help, I had to do everything alone, build a life, guide myself, you were never there. I've told you once and I'll tell you again don't lie for your own benefit I became an orphan the day mum died and your responsible for that, your to blame, your accountable for that so unless your finally going to own up to that mistake don't you dare join my name to yours because you were the one responsible for separating it." She breathed out dropping her fork and knife before standing abruptly. "Irene-" "Excuse me, I need to use the restroom." She said walking out dramatically as everyone watched in silence. Irene's father gulped under the stares he was receiving. "I'll be glad to take your daughter away from you." Jackson's father said shaking his head as they ate in silence. Five minutes later, with Jackson constantly looking at the door, waiting for Irene to come back, she entered, taking her seat next to him, as he looked at her closely, the facade back up as he grabbed her hand underneath the table. She looked at him nodding as she continued eating. "So what are you guys thinking about the marriage?" Jackson's mum questioned. Irene looked at her smiling. "I'm ready." Jackson smiled at her "Same." The family erupted in cheers and celebration as they got up hugging the two as they detached their hands. "We want you guys married next month." Said his Dad, breaking up the celebration. The two looked at each other as Jackson pulled Irene into the centre of the living room, the entire family following him as he smiled at his boys and greeted her girls giving them hugs as she looked back and forth confused. She watched as Mark handed him a box, Jinyoung patting his back as Bambam and Youngjae pushed him into her. She looked up at him eyes tense as she watched him grab her hands leading her to the centre of their families and friends. "I know this may seem rushed, like we are taking things way too fast. But I know that I want you to be next to me as I continue my journey. Your an incredible friend, daughter, doctor... and a incredible person. Watching you work is an honour, the way you handle the pressure, the way you handle the pain, the torture, without complaining is something I fail to comprehend but it's something I love about you. Your constant strive to be better and to be good enough, it touches my soul and heart. Your an angel to us all, a living representation of hope, and..." she watched as he got down on one knee. "I hope that you will allow me on your journey as you accompany mine...I hope you can teach me how to be a better person as we help each other become the very best versions of ourselves." He opened the box, as he looked into her eyes. "Will you marry me?" He watched as she nodded, he smiled up at her brightly slipping the ring on her finger as his arms wrapped around her waist picking her up and swinging her around as everyone applauded. Irene wiped away her tears as the girls bombarded her into a group hug, checking out the ring, as Jackson watched her smiling as the boys engaged him in conversation. Awhile later, she looked at him, watching as he conversed with Wendy, Joy and Suelgi, laughing, as she smiled softly. He turned feeling her eyes on him as their smiles widened. Wendy stretched out her hand as she pulled Irene to them pushing her slightly into Jackson's embrace, as he kissed the side of her forehead watching her blush as she avoided his eye contact.

Hours later Jackson had dropped the girls home and was on the way back home. As he walked into his house smiling, it fell quickly seeing a silhouette out of the corner of his eyes. Quickly he pinned the person to the wall turning the lights on as he looked into the face of Youngji. He sighed moving away. "What the hell." He screeched. "What are you doing here Youngji?" She moved off the wall, her arms wrapping around him as he made attempts to take her arms off him. "I'm here to see you babe. I love you." He scoffed as he shoved her. "Leave. I'm finally moving on, just stay away." He watched her laugh sadistically, eye wide as she leaned against the wall. "I'll find away to end that don't worry babe." She said stroking his chest. "Stay away." "Why you know you love me... your gonna deny that you don't want me? That doesn't sound like my Jackson. My Jackson knows that I'm the only woman for him, that only I can and will love him because everyone else sees you as nothing." His eyes began to water as she played on his weakness. He denied her attempts for an hour, the back and forth escalating as shouts got louder, Jackson revealing his engagement and wedding, causing Youngji to flip out. He watched as the woman his mind said he loved broke down, hating himself for having feelings for two people. He sighed moving away, only for Youngji to throw herself on him kissing him, as he made attempts to push her away.
But he gave in. He gave into her, Irene fading from his mind as he picked up Youngji going into his room and laying her on the bed that Irene had occupied the night before. Youngji grabbed him bringing him closer. "Your mine, never hers, marry her but you'll come to me." He watched her before claiming her lips.

Irene sat on her bed looking at the ring that adorned her skin, it was beautiful.

She was engaged.

She was getting married to an amazing man. She picked up the picture by her bed side table, stroking the picture as she smiled. "I'm getting married mum." She whispered as she let tears pour out, watching her mother smile back up at her when she was happy and alive. Ten minutes later she looked back down at the ring, her mind flashing with images of Jackson. She was falling for him. And she was happy to gladly fall knowing or rather believing that his arms were ready to catch her.

But this was far from reality.

A wise woman once said that falling in love was a two sided story, that it's incomplete if it's only one sided. You can't stop until you find the complete piece of your story.

TBC

Authors note:
The rollercoaster ride is just about to begin. Stay tuned for more.
Let me know what your thoughts are about this chapter. I look forward to hearing back from you guys about your thoughts. Lots of love.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro