#62 B&B

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nivin.

I stared at her, I wanted to deny it, but deep down, I knew she's speaking the truth, just like when I saw Amma in the hospital long before, there's something in her too.

"I... I am sorry we are meeting like this, but I am Riya's husband." I said slowly, more politely.

"I know who you are and that's why I can't let you take her with you, not after what Aldricks did to her," she said and I froze.

I couldn't even say anything; I know she's right; Riya was suffering all this time.

"Grandma, Neev is a good person, he was protecting me all these time," Riya turned to her. "I was able to survive because of him,"

"No, you were in danger because of that Sebastian, I know all about it!"

"But-"

"You are right, I am ashamed too, I couldn't protect her but like I said before, she's my wife and I will take her with me, I assure you that she will never be in danger again,"

"I can't trust you anymore."

"Gran-"

"I can't go back without her," I said firmly.

"She's not coming back with you," she said. "Riya already promised me that."

"Riya?" I looked at her.

She turned to her Grandma, "I want to talk to him."

"You are talking to him now!"

"Alone," she said.

"I can accept anything other than you staying here Riya," I said firmly.

No, I am not planning to leave without her.

Sachin and Nikil were looking at the three of us.

"I was not even ready to let him meet you! Now you want to talk to him alone?"

"She's my wife! For God's sake," I am getting angry and irritated now.

"See him, he can't even control his temper!" she said.

"Um... guys," Sachin looked at us, "let's not keep arguing and come to a decision now," he said.

"Who are you?" Grandma's eyes landed on him.

"That's Sachin Dixit, you know his dad," Nikil said.

"You are Dev's son? Good God! He's a fine man but he keeps supporting Aldricks," she said.

I sighed, fed up.

"But I think he's right, its five minutes, let them talk," Nikil said.

Riya.

I closed the door and turned to him.

"Nivin-" I started but I was surprised when I was not-too-gently slammed against him.

"Do you know what I have been going through? I... I was out of my mind!" he looked really tensed, "I didn't know where to search for you!"

I slowly patted him on his back, "I am sorry, I could not contact you."

"Grandpa was blackmailing you, Sebastian was blackmailing you, even Nirosha was... doing it and you never expressed it, on top of that... I... I was being such a jerk to you-"

"Shh... It was all in the past, don't blame yourself Neev, we can't all control everything in life." I told him.

He took my face in his hands.

"Never... never ever do that Riya, never scares me like that!" he said. "And don't ever hide anything from me."

I smiled. He still kept on looking at me.

"Neev..." I started.

"You are coming back with me, Riya and that's it!" he said, not even ready to hear me out.

"But grandma-"

"I don't want to know anything, you are coming with me Riya, I need you badly, we were staying apart for a long time, and I can't do it anymore," he said adamantly.

"Grandma has a weak heart," I looked at him. "When I mentioned about leaving, she was ill."

He stilled.

"I will convince her Neev, I will come back tomorrow."

"I don't think she's easy to deal with-"

"I know, but I will somehow deal with it."

"I don't want to go back alone," he said.

"It's only one day Neev,"

"I am going to take care of it if it doesn't get solved by one day," he said, still somewhat angry.

"Okay," I nodded and turned to the door.

"Riya," Nivin pulled me to him again, his eyes changed suddenly.

"Um... I... Neev, we can't!" I said quickly.

"I know," he groaned. "I don't know what I have done to receive this punishment!" he groaned and I laughed.

"Good night Riya," he kissed me on my forehead, lingering for a moment.

Nivin.

I started the bike grumpily.

Sachin was still with me.

"I pity you, man! what a love story you have, It was Grandpa first, it's her grandmother now," he chuckled.

"I am already irritated, don't let me kick you out of here," I said as I moved forward.

Sachin laughed.

Rohan.

"So when's Riyechi coming back?" Danny asked from the table.

We were still discussing it, it was a shock to everyone.

"Let's hope she can convince her Grandma soon," Mom said and turned to Naina.

"Come and sit dear," she called Naina to sit beside her as she was helping to arrange the dinner table.

"Thank God! Riya is okay," Naina said as she sat beside my Mom, "I couldn't even look worried as I didn't want to make Neev tensed," she said.

"You can relax now," I told everyone, "Riya is safe, they met her and talked to her. Uncle Dev knows about Atharvas too, it's her real family."

"It's really a wonder, she's an Atharva! I still can't believe it. It's too bad she had to be in that orphanage almost all her life!" Danny said.

"Err... I have... I need to tell you something," Naina looked around.

Naina.

Everyone turned to me and I took a deep breath.

I need to tell them... especially Rohan.

"I am finally accepted in a big company," I said nervously. "I will be joining in a few days."

"Wow! That's great, congrats chechi!" Danny smiled.

"Wait... Are you planning to move out?" Rohan asked me, looking straight in the eyes.

"They want me to move, I am still an intern," I told him slowly. "It's not like I am leaving you all, I will come and visit often," I said and looked at them, "You know it's not right for me to stay here," I said.

"Don't talk like that dear, you are always welcome here," Mom said, touching her hand.

"I am moving this weekend; I hope everyone will support my decision,"

Rohan.

I know I can't stop her; she's been trying so hard to get hired.

It's not that she's not talented; I knew that she's one of the best when it comes to painting but the accident caused everything against her favour.

Nobody was ready to hire a girl who has a history of Accident with memory loss.

But they have finally acknowledged her talent this time, I guess.

I can't just let go of her...

"Can't you just stay here chechi?" Danny looked disappointed, "Riyechi stayed here for a long time, you can stay here too,"

"She accepted Grandpa's invitation to save her Mamma and find out about her family, moreover, Riya is married to Nivin, Danny, It's not right for me to-"

"Then we can get married too, you can stay here without feeling burdened then," I spoke up and her eyes widened.

"What!?" she exclaimed.

"Why? You don't want to marry me? It's fine with me; we can just live together then-"

"Rohan!" mom said sternly as Naina gave her an apologetic look.

"I... I am sorry-"

"No dear, I am sorry, you have to hear this type of confession from him, you deserve better, a real proposal," mom said and I grinned.

"What!?" she looked startled again.

Danny was already congratulating both of us and I tried to hide my smile at her shocked look.

"I... I will think about it... I need to start working though," Naina said slowly.

I know it too, even though she realised her feelings for me, She's still reluctant to get closer to me.

She's keeping me at an arm's distance and I am not fine with it.

I need to do something about it, especially if she's trying to run away from me.

"Congratulations, Nain, I am happy for you," I smiled and nodded.

Naina smiled genuinely and she relaxed visibly.

She wants my support...

I realised as she looked happy now.

Sachin.

I am going mad now,

I looked at my phone.

She's still not picking up!

I pressed again.

"Amy, you know we need to talk, it's no use running away. We have to talk it through." I paused, "And this is the last time I am sending you a message, don't make me send my bodyguards," I stopped and hit the send button.

I still can't believe what happened! Sleeping with Amy was the last thing on my mind and on top of that, we have to get caught by none other than her father!

Did something really happen?

I still don't know what really happened, we were both very drunk.

I sighed again.

Amy is running away!

If I don't get a response from her tomorrow, I am going to personally find her!

Nivin.

I put down the phone when I remembered she doesn't have one with her now.

That girl has started to torture me now. She told me that it would only take one day, But it's been four days already.

I watered the love plant.

Yes, it is the same plant Riya got back after I threw it away. It was still dying when I found that and I went all the way back to a greenhouse to buy another one, but it was nowhere to be found.

They told me I could revive our little plant back as the bulbs of that plant were supposed to be still here.

I couldn't believe it first, but it has started to re-grow now. It was like a miracle to me, I had never been so happy to see any plant or flower like this one here.

My phone started to ring and I hurried to check it, but it was from Amy's dad.

That's right, Riya can't call!

I reminded myself again.

I looked at the caller ID again.

What does he want anyway?

Our live program of the board meeting went viral and since Q-TV covered it, he was so happy.

Especially when Amy came back in front of the camera to report, everyone had thought that she had given it up, so it was a pleasant surprise to everyone to see her do it again.

"Hello, Uncle?" I attended his call.

"I was trying to get you all these time!" he said.

"Um... Is everything-Amy! Is something wrong with her-" I started, suddenly panicked.

"No no... She's fine, I want to meet that boy, your best friend, Dev Dixit's son," he grumbled.

I am a bit confused now.

"Sachin?" I asked slowly.

"That's right, tell him to come and meet me today or tell him that I am going to hunt him down,"

"Uncle, Is everything alright-"

"No, I have been calling that punk and he has been avoiding me!"

"Do you want me to pass him any message?" I asked slowly.

"Tell him that he can't just sleep with my daughter and walk out as nothing happened, tell him that if I ever get my hands on him, I am going to kill him." And with that, he cut the call.

I was frozen in my spot.

No way!

Sachin and Amy!

There's no freaking way!

My phone started to ring again. I attended it automatically.

"Amy?" I asked.

She sighed, "Before you ask anything Neev, let me tell you, nothing happened okay! I mean... Sachin and me! Can you believe it!? It's freaking me out even to think of it, Eww..." she said

I listened as she went on.

"It happened after that party in your house, Neev, we both were super drunk and he ended up taking me home, I had this fine wine and I wanted to get drunk, Sachin could have stopped me, so it's all his fault, instead he just got drunk with me! Next thing I know, my dad is home and he is throwing a bucket full of water on us!" she stopped.

"Okay, relax, I will just tell him to-"

"No! I called you about that; don't tell him, I think my dad is out of his mind! Don't take it seriously,"

"He sounded pretty serious, Amy."

"He's just overreacting, don't worry, he will come around," Amy said.

"But I don't think so-"

"Neev," she called me again

"Mm?"

"Don't tell the guys, I am already so embarrassed," she said.

"Don't worry," I smiled.

"I knew it! I can count on you, don't worry, Riya will be back soon, or we will prank that Grandma of her-"

"Oh please! Don't interfere, I am doing fine now," I said quickly.

Riya.

"I am so happy to get you!" The girl squeezed my hand tightly.

"Pooja, Give her rest!" Nikil said with a laugh.

"Welcome to the family Riya," Nikil's dad said warmly.

Then his mom turned to me, "we all were waiting for you all these years," she said.

Yes, Nikil's parents and his younger sister came all the way to meet me.

The house was buzzing with life. I have always wanted a family and now I have them.

But more than anything, I am missing Neev now. I couldn't convince Grandma, she still doesn't approve of him.

"Please Nikil, just this once," I told him again.

I am begging him to lend me his phone.

"Riya-"

"Or he will come here again, he's already on the bad side of Grandma," I said.

Nikil looked sideways at me.

"So you guys have made up now?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him.

"When we talked in that party for the first time, you were getting drunk, you looked so hurt, Riya, I wanted to bring you home then, but I had to confirm your identity, that's why I didn't do anything," Nikil said.

My heart skipped a beat; it was one of those days when both of us made that deal to go on separate ways once the board meeting was over.

"Neev is really a good person, you don't know him-"

"I know enough," Nikil said. "You might be right after all," he added and I looked at him. "He was different when he came here, it seems like he actually came to his senses at last," he said.

"So you are okay with him now?" I smiled happily.

He sighed.

"I too want to take you away from that household," he said. "I still don't like Joseph Aldrick."

"But the rest of them are good, you can't judge everyone-"

"Whatever, just one call," he gave me his phone. "I will get you a mobile soon,"

"Thank you!" I smiled as I take it from him, "but I am going back tomorrow, I will convince Grandma somehow." I told him.

He sighed.

"Riya, you can't really change her, he is a Christian, and on top of that, he is an Aldrick! To make things worse, she knows about Sebastian and how you struggled because of them," Nikil said. "It may not be as easy as you think, she was even talking about setting you up with her friend's grandson," he said and my eyes widened.

"I am married Nikil! You have to help me!"

"I warned you before, she's too stubborn, and it's difficult to change her mind." he chuckled. "I would really like to see what your husband thinks about it!"

"Don't you dare tell him," I exclaimed. "I will solve it somehow."

Nivin.

"We can bring her out of it, but it will take some time though," the psychiatrist told me.

I was with my Amma.

"Thank you, Doctor," I thanked him, I am relieved to hear it.

Soon her session was over and I helped the nurse to adjust her bed and tuck her in.

She was afraid of me first, but I talked to her in all ways possible, I somehow convinced her that I am not going to hurt her.

I visited her often and played her favourite piece of music to her and it seemed to do the trick, She has started to relax around me and her doctor thinks it's a good improvement.

It still breaks my heart when she looks terrified of her new surroundings and people.

I will get you well Amma... I promise you!

I bend down and kissed her forehead before walking out of the hospital room.

My phone started to ring and I attended the call.

"Neev..."

"Riya," I said in surprise.

"I am so sorry Neev, I couldn't convince her today, I will-"

"It's been more than a week Riya! I will come and get you back today-"

"You know we can't do that, she's a heart patient, and Uncle and all is here, they came to India just to meet me."

"So you have people with you now, you don't care about me anymore," I said.

I know I am being childish, But I can't help it now.

"I miss you..." she said slowly, "no matter whoever is with me Neev, I am missing you so much," she said.

I know she's sincere, my heart started to accelerate.

"Not as much as me," I said.

"How's Mamma doing Neev? Is she adapting?"

"I am so grateful to you Riya, Doctor said it could have been much terrible after locking her up, he said the only reason Mamma hasn't gone insane is that of you. I think she tolerated all the pain through you Riya, he said there's a chance we can get her back,"

"That's... that's great! I can't wait to see her; she's not terrified of you now?"

"No, your idea clicked, the music really helps to calm her down, and she's okay with me now," I said proudly.

"I knew it!" Riya exclaimed happily, "you are her son, Neev, She will feel that connection."

"It seems that you know her more than anyone else," I said. "Thank you so much for taking care of her Riya," I said.

"Hey, I told you, She's my Mamma, Don't be too greedy to make her all yours..." she said and I laughed.

"Okay, I will keep it in mind,"

"That's good to hear, I am sure Auntie Alice is relieved to know about her."

"Yes, she was, it seems like Auntie Alice feels guilty about her and she's trying to help in her own way," I laughed, now thinking about the new dresses she has bought for Amma, "I couldn't let everyone visit her though, so everyone is still waiting."

"Mm... what about...Grandpa?" she asked.

"He's back in the family house, He came back when he heard that you went missing," I said darkly. I did not talk to him even though he asked for me.

"Talk to him Neev-"

"I can't forgive him, Riya, look at everything he has don-"

"Just talk to him Neev, it helps, trust me; you will feel much better," she said softly.

"He destroyed our family-"

"I know, but he was doing all that for his family, in a twisted way, he loves his family too-"

"I know you will somehow forgive him," I said darkly.

"I am doing this for me, you should too, it's hard to keep the hatred, let go of it and you will feel good,"

Sachin.

"It's you!" Amy said darkly, trying to close the door.

"You know, you can't hide, we need to talk," I said as I tried to stop her from closing the door.

"There's nothing more to talk," Amy said, "And you are not welcome here, Go back before I report you for trespassing,"

"I would like you to try," I said smugly. "I am not leaving here without talking to you; your dad's been calling me nonstop."

So five minutes later I was in her settee while she was facing me, looking angry and irritated.

"Okay, talk." she crossed her arms across her chest and tapped her foot impatiently.

I leaned to the settee.

"About that day-"

"Sachin, we both are old enough to deal with this, stop being such a baby! It was a one-night thing, it can happen-"

"So something did happen that day!"

"I dunno... and frankly, I don't care-"

"Is it the way you talk! I raised you better than this!"

I heard the angry shout and bolted up. Both of us turned to the doorway and saw her dad- Again!

I mentally groaned.

Not this again!

"What are you doing here at night boy? I thought I clearly warned you that day!" her dad looked murderous.

"Um... I... I was trying to... talk to Amy," I stammered.

I have never in my life felt nervous about anything else, I am someone who's clear-headed and knows what I am doing- that is, Until now.

I mean, I don't even remember what happened that day and I don't know what I am supposed to do to solve this "problem".

"Shut up Sachin," Amy hissed at me and then turned to her dad. "You didn't raise me at all, I was away at boarding school most of the time," she said, "And stop coming here, Do you want me to change my apartment again?"

I was shocked at her attitude now, she is practically telling her dad to get out of her house!

"Amy!" her dad shouted in anger.

"Yes, I hacked to your TV station, But that scoop got you more ratings than your news," Amy said, "And you are already enslaving me in your company for the next six months, you tied my hands and feet, I would like some peace in my house, at the very least." she glared at her dad.

"Um... I... will see you then-" I started awkwardly.

"No, I need to talk to you, stop right there." her dad turned to me.

"Sachin, get out of here, this is all your fault, You are the one who started all of these, You are the one who forced me to take the microphone again." she looked at me. "I would have been happily living my life if it was not for you! I have to work in his company as a punishment, Hope you are happy now," Amy said.

"What! You forced her to report again?" Amy's dad turned to me.

"Err... It's not that... I mean... the situation was like-"

"Sachin Dixit, follow me." her dad said, then looked at Amy.

"This conversion is not finished, Amy, We will talk later."

"I... I will see you tomorrow then-" I tried to slip away, but he placed his hand on my shoulder and guided me out with him.

"Amy..." I almost pleaded, Now that I think about it, Amy and her dad are both short-tempered, I hope he won't shoot me for sleeping with his only daughter.

Amy just shrugged mercilessly, apparently not caring a damn if her dad is going to kill me or not and closed the door shut behind us.

As soon as we were out, her dad turned to me.

"You convinced her to report again?" his eyes gleamed merrily.

Oh no... It's not a good sign.

"Not exactly, it was an emergency situation and we had no choice-"

"Her friends and I have been trying so hard and we couldn't succeed for the last three years, and you just did it!"

"I told you, sir, it was unavoidable that time, Amy knew it too-"

"She never had any girlfriends, she practically grew up as a guy and I was worried..."

"Um..." I don't know what to say, I mean, I don't get what he's saying.

"You are the first guy who caught her attention, I was so worried if she would bring home some underworld thug and to be truthful, I am so relieved it's you, Dev Dixit's son."

Oh my God! Now I get the hang of it!

"Um... sir, actually, we are not in a relationship-"

"You don't mean that, right," his eyes narrowed at me dangerously now, reminding me of Amy's angry face, both of them are too dangerous.

"Don't tell me that you just slept with my daughter because you were feeling horny!"

"It's... It's not that sir, we didn't actually..." I dragged off.

What am I supposed to tell him? That it was a misunderstanding? That we don't even know if we have "done it" or not!

I value my life, so I shut my mouth.

"I know she's difficult sometimes," her dad told me. "But she's the only one I have and you should treat her like a princess, I will give you some time, try to convince her for marriage, I don't believe in living together," he said.

What the heck did I get myself to!?

"Do you understand me, boy?" he looked at me again.

"Y... yes sir," I nodded quickly.

----------------------------

Guys,
Only two more chapters to upload :)
Tell me what do you think😊😊

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro