#9 B&B

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Neev.

"Faster," I shouted and Riya accelerated. 

"Are..are you sure? I can't see anyone" she said.

"Dead sure, turn right..now," I told her and surprisingly she took an impressive right turn.

"Uh...I see them," she said, now accelerating, they have switched on their headlight now.

"They know! they are going to try and block us now" I said.

"Why? who are they? Is it grandpa's people?" Riya looked at me.

"It would have been much easier if it was them" I muttered.

"Oh God, they are gaining speed" Riya exclaimed.

"I shouldn't have let you drive in the first place!" I said, regretting handing over the wheels.

But she was impressively managing the situation.

"Now..take that pocket road, they can't overtake us, the road is too narrow," I told her.

She did as I said and we reached the main road at last.

"What are we going to do now? they are closely following-" Riya stopped mid-sentence, slamming down the break.

We would've been thrown out of our seats if not for our seatbelts. I too saw the second car that is in front of us now. We were trapped with no way out.

Riya.

I followed his instructions and sat there while Neev opened the door and stepped out.

Three people stepped out from both of the cars and I started to panic. They were people from racing and looked really scary.

I watched as Nivin tried to talk out their problems, but soon it was evident that they were not there for peace.

One of them took out a cycle chain and that's what made me do it.

I took out his cell phone and dialled the police station. I really don't want to die this way.

One of them came to my window and tapped the window on my side.

"There's only a girl here with him" I heard him shouting at others. then turned to look at me. "open it, girl," he said now tapping the window strongly and I flinched.

Nivin walked to driver side too. "leave her out of this, she's not my team-"

"But she is your girlfriend, I saw her in the race today"

"What you are talking about is management issues, you can contact my manager, I don't have a say in this" Nivin said firmly and turned around to our car.

"It is not! all we want is for you to withdraw, don't play the next race"

"I Am afraid it doesn't work that way," Nivin said and the bulky man put his hand on his shoulder.

"How much do you want? you say it" he said.

Nivin shrugged his hands off. "You have to talk to my manager"

"Then you won't ever race again" The men all took out weapons.

"Are you going to fight me?" Nivin eyed them. I started trembling. I know he is no match for the scary looking men, especially when he is half drunk.

"We have no other way now, we are going to break your hands and feet"

And that's how the fight started. I looked as Nivin fought impressively for one against six. then one of the men knocked the door so forcefully that I jumped, startled.

"Open the door bitch" he shouted and I blinked. "or I will break it open"

I leaned back to the passenger seat and away from him, I panicked as the man was now raising the iron rod to break the glass.

"Stay back" Nivin appeared from nowhere and kicked him to the side. I cried out as someone else knocked him to the window and I saw his forehead hit the glass and started to bleed.

Before he could get up, they were around him, beating him up. I was frozen in place, not even able to move.

They slammed him to the glass again and the blood dripped down, I was knocked out of my trance and I know Nivin is going to be in serious injury If I don't do anything.

I searched around and found a fruits knife, I started to unlock the door with trembling hands.

"DON'T!" Nivin shouted at me, trying to block the beatings with his hand and I stilled.

Do something or he is going to die!

I unlocked the door and pushed it with everything I got, surprising them and making few of them to lose balance, including Neev.

I shakily stepped out, gripping the three-inch knife tightly and before I knew it, Nivin was up beside me, facing others.

"Are you crazy Riya!" he hissed angrily, trying to block me from them and covering me.

They started to laugh. "What are you going to do girl? cut our nails off with that knife?" one of them asked.

"Get inside the bloody car!" Nivin sounded furious.

"But-"

"Now!" he shouted.

And three things happened, I lunged towards the door, they swung a cycle chain at me and hit Nivin instead and police sirens were heard.

"Police!" I heard them shout.

Finally! 

I started to blow the horn and watched all of them running back to their cars to get away and Nivin wrenched the door open.

"What the hell are you doing! move over!"

"Saving your life!" I retorted and moved away to the passenger seat with difficulty as Nivin took the wheel.

"Do you want us to end up in prison?" he said, taking the car forward.

"Uh..huh..can you drive, you are bleeding!"

He gave me a glare. "we are chased by the police and you are worried about my injury?" he said in a tone that screamed unbelievable!

"Then what are we going to do?"

"We have to get out of their sight, my place is nearby, hold on" he accelerated the car.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as he stopped the car in the underground parking lot. "the elevators are on the other side-"

"Shh...just follow me, there's my private elevator here"

"You..you have a private-" I stopped midway as Nivin suddenly pulled me to him.

"What the! Nivin-"

"Shh..shut up Riy-" he pulled me behind a car.

"Leave m-" I froze as he wrapped his hands around me, my hands were locked and I couldn't even move.

"Nivin Rosh Jame-"

"Shut the hell up,  Philip is her-" he started but I couldn't think of anything, my heartbeat was going overdrive.

"Leave me first, then we will talk-" I gasped for the second time because Nivin Rosh freaking Aldrick pressed me to the back of a car, his lips stopped near mine, Only a hairbreadth away.

I froze. I was still in his hands, I don't even know what's happening.

"Neev!" I tried to shake him off after a second, big mistake!

His lips pressed on mine and he started to kiss me, his grip loosened and his hands wrapped around my waist. I was practically sandwiched to him from head to foot.

I was still frozen in the spot when I felt him tracing my neck with his fingers, he touched my shoulder bone through my dress and millions of fireworks went around me. I shivered and clutched his shirt.

He slowly lifted his head from me, our eyes met and I was shocked to see his darkened eyes. his breath irregular and he looks like he's been affected. our lips were still only inches apart.

What..what's happening to me? I can't even move.

Nivin looked down and I realised my hands were on his chest, I was placing it on both sides on his chest, I withdraw it in shock.

"Neev-"

"Shh..." he placed his palm against my lips. our eyes were still looking at each other.

Then I heard it, Philip's voice.

"No, they are not here, I have been waiting for him all night" I saw him. he was pacing up and down while talking on the phone.

"Yes, I am damn sure, I heard there was a race today, I think he must be with one of his friends, probably partying with his friends in that clubhouse," Philip said as he came to view again.

"Okay, I will go there now, I think he knows we are waiting here, okay...see you there" Philip disconnected and started to move.

"Down!" Nivin pulled me down along with him, and Philip passed us in hurry, we waited till Philip speeded out of there.

I sighed in relief and opened my eyes and stared straight at Nivin's eyes, only to realise that he was watching me.

"Um...yea, he's gone" Neev suddenly moved his eyes away, took his hands from me and kept a distance between us.

"let's go"

He turned around and lead the way. I was still shaky, I touched my lips for a moment.

Did he kiss me? Did he really kiss me? Jeez! Nivin Rosh-

"Riya!" I heard his voice and snapped out of it.

"Get inside" he pulled me to the elevator and pressed a button.

We both moved to both sides, keeping as much distance between us.

"Why did you do it?" I asked.

No, I can't just ignore it.

"What?"

"You know what I mean! I mean-"

"I just wanted to shut you up" Nivin shrugged easily like he is cool about it.

"You could have just closed my mouth with your hand, but you-" I gasped as Nivin cornered me in a flash.

"What do you want to say? Do you think I wanted to kiss you? in case you haven't noticed, Mehra, I was busy keeping you from struggling too much" he said fiercely.

"It's so unlike you to give an explanation Neev" I didn't back down and he stilled.

He was staring at me again, he was still holding me to the corner.

"Nivin?" I said suddenly, now feeling the burning heat of his skin. "Oh God! you are burning up!" I exclaimed. "Are you in pain?" I asked him. he gave me a look.

"You better go to a hospital, it's still bleeding," I said again, watching the cut on his forehead.

"Do me a favour and just shut up okay?" he grunted, stepping back from me.

The nerve of this guy! wait till the effect of alcohol wears off.

"Fine, you were supposed to bring me home, not the other way around!" I said now, folding my hands across my chest and raising my chin.

"Would you rather die or get locked up in the prison?" he asked, now trying to give more pressure on the cut to stop the bleeding.

"God! You seriously need the hospital! or you are going to die" I said as the elevator door opened.

"We are here," he said, walking out.

"Wow...you live in a penthouse suite?" I asked, noticing the surrounding for the first time. "No wonder you wanted to get out of that hell hol-uh...Nivin?" I stopped and supported him to prevent the fall.

"Nivin?" I said again as I tried to maintain his weight on me. But Nivin Rosh Aldrick was blissfully unaware of his surroundings.

"So much for your arrogance! you have a high fever you moron" I whispered.

And yes, I have to drag him from the lifts to where his door was. by the time I reached there, I was breathless and then stopped when I saw the password operated lock.

"You better treat me well for all this trouble" I muttered as I balanced him to the floor without much damage.

"Neev...wake up" I started to shake him slightly. "Tell me the pin to open this," I said, but he didn't move.

Don't tell me that we have to stay here for the whole night!

"Neev" I started to shake him awake. "Nivin Rosh Aldrick!"

"Shut up" he suddenly opened his eyes to stare at me rudely.

Huh!

"You have to pin the password"

"Nirosha?" he looked at me and said. "why...why are you here?" he asked again.

Great!

"I am not Nirosha! and please open the door Nivin" I said.

"Password...ah" he suddenly tried to get up and I helped him.

"I am perfectly fine" he assured me with a smile that felt creepy to me, I have never seen him smile before. I nodded slightly and watched as he pins the password.

The door opened and he opened it wider for me. "come in" he said. I nodded awkwardly and walked inside.

The room was dimly lit only and I took in his apartment in wonder.

"Wow," I said and tried to look at him, but gasped when I felt his hands around me from behind, strong for a person who just has fainted.

"I knew it" he whispered in my ears, causing goosebumps to spread over my body. "I know you cannot do it...I know you care" he said again.

"Neev!" I started to struggle but stilled when he kissed my neck, making me jump in response to the electrical current that passed through me.

"Nirosha, I want to prove you wrong, I am not that lifeless man who lives in his past, I care for you..a lot...you know that" he kissed me again.

"Forgive me for not stopping you when you ran out, I was hurt when you said you don't want some lifeless emotional fool"

I was stunned. I don't know what to do as his hands encircled my waist, pulling me against him and hugging me tightly.

"I know you will come...I know what we had was real" he said and that did it.

"Neev! you have the wrong person" I struggled out of his hands and turned around.

I can't believe the strong and stubborn Nivin Rosh Aldrick is acting this way!

"I am Riya! your enemy Riya, don't you remember?" I tried to explain.

"Riya...?" he said as if hearing the name for the first time and took a step forward. "But Nirosha..." he dragged off and slumped down, straight at me!

"Nivin!" I squeaked, trying to balance his weight on my wobbly legs. "You are too heavy" I groaned, but he was fast asleep.

I sighed.

I have no way but drag him again the whole way to the sofa and I dumped him there, only, I was not expecting him to hold on to me, resulting me to tumble down on him.

"Nivin Rosh Aldrick!" I said, he is unbearable, he has a strong grip for a drunk man!

"Don't go" he whispered, settling me against him and wrapping his hands around me...again!

I looked up at him to curse and stilled, he was close, in fact too close for my liking! his breath fanned against my cheek.

I watched in wonder as he slept peacefully, his handsome face in peace for the first time.

Handsome? Where did it come from Riya?

The realisation that I am now openly admiring a sleeping Nivin made me push him away with force.

"Ah..." he grimaced and fluttered his eyes open and I felt the wetness in my hands.

What the!

I was startled to see the blood and I suddenly panicked.

Is he not sleeping? Is he seriously injured?

The only light in the hall was a dim light from the aquarium in the side.

I slowly slipped away from him and searched for the lights.

When I switched it on, I was surprised by the pure male apartment style all designed in black cream and grey.

I spotted the blood droplets on the floor and I watched Neev as he slept, sure enough, he had blood all over his shirt.

"Neev," I said, now a little worried. but even as I tried to shake him awake, I knew he is in deep sleep and his body temperature was elevated again.

Dear God! he is not dying, right? 

I bit my lips, confused and worried.

Don't panic Riya, you know what to do, he is only tired and feverish.

Okay...

I searched around his place and opened several doors in search of his bedroom. It took me some 30 minutes to discover his first aids.

Soon I was near him, trying to remove his shirt. It didn't help that he was just sleeping without any cooperation.

"I can't move you! just move a bit, I have to take this off" I muttered as I pushed him to a side to get the shirt off him. he rolled around and laid on his back as I successfully take the shirt off.

I looked at him and stilled for a moment as a strange thought flashed through my mind.

You are undressing a grown man!

"Uh" I closed my eyes tightly.

No wonder those girls were swooning at you, you look perfect!

"Uh, no.." I shook my head vigorously. "Riya, focus, you are a nurse now," I told myself and slowly opened my eyes.

He is beautiful, okay, so what, I don't really care!

I tried to move him slightly and he grimaced again, moving restlessly for a minute, rolled around himself and laid on his stomach, I gasped.

His back was covered in red and blue bruises, some were healed and some had blood oozing out of it.

The beatings!

My heart started to beat in a strange way. It hurt me to see this, I don't know why, but I am so angry at grandpa.

"Riya..focus!" I closed my eyes for a moment before starting my work.

Neev.

I had a very strange dream! Someone was whispering encouraging words as I felt ill. Is it Amma? but..she is no more in my life. 

I opened my eyes slightly and was shocked to see a sleeping figure in front of me.

I stared at her for a moment and realisation dawned.

It's Riya! in the same dress as yesterday, curled in my armchair, in front of me.

My armchair! I looked around. Yes! it's my place!

"What are you doing in my place?" I asked bluntly, causing her to jerk awake.

"Don't let the dirt on my favourite armchair!" I said looking at her dirty bloody clothes and I tried to sit up as she scowled.

"So you are yourself, Thank God!" she said the last word in a whisper, but I still heard it.

"Ah..." I groaned as the pain shoot up and I slowly realised that I'm all tired and weak, I was leaning to soft pillows that were plopped against the sofa to make me comfortable.

There was a huge weight on my head. I felt my head with my hands and touched the bandages, I looked up at Riya who was giving me a skeptical look.

"What happened?" I asked her, she let go of her breath.

"When I told you to drop me home, it was to save me trouble, not the other way around," she said.

"Uh?" I was confused.

"Stay there, I will bring you some soup," she said and walked to my kitchen.

What the heck!! What's going on? why's she acting as if it's her home? and how come she knew where the kitchen is!?

I sat up and grimaced when every joint protested in pain. The blanket around me moved and I realised that I am shirtless.

Did she undress me!?

It got me irritated. I walked to the windows and opened the curtains, letting the sunlight pour in.

"Don't move around too much" I heard her voice and turned around.

"Did you undress me?" I asked her sternly. she blushed even as she tried to cover it.

"Obviously, genius!" she rolled her eyes. "and it's only your shirt!"

"I don't like anyone touching me," I said again.

"Seriously? do you know what you did yesterday?" she asked me stubbornly.

"What? did I do something yesterday?" I asked and Riya looked away, I have a feeling that she's avoiding looking at me.

"Riya?" I didn't budge, I want answers.

"Listen, if you are worried about your innocence being taken away, don't worry-" she stated stubbornly.

"Do you think I'm joking now?"

"Do you think I wanted to see you shirtless? you were bleeding, you had a fever and you were unconscious! you didn't want me to take you to a doctor, what was I supposed to do?" Riya asked like she couldn't believe we are having this conversation.

"Who told you to take care of me in the first place?" I retorted without mercy. "You are not my Mom, my sister or my girlfriend!"

That got her, she is gaping at me now.

Riya.

I can't believe we are having this conversation!

Not after taking care of him all night, not even sleeping a wink in fear of him getting a high fever, applying ice bags repeatedly until his fever went down!

"You know what? I have had enough of you, if you kindly move away, I will be glad to go home without your assistance" I told him as calmly as I could.

He looked taken aback for a moment. the anger in his eyes turned to indecision.

I held my head high and walked straight at the door, crossing him on the way, he was still standing in the same position.

I opened his door.

"Wait, I promised you that I will drop you"

"Don't bother," I told him boldly. for some reason, my heart is aching too much.

"I can't let you go out of my place like that!" he said suddenly, turning around to look at me.

I stilled, I know I look a mess, the blood and dirt were still on me. "I don't have anything else to wear," I told him.

"Get in the shower, I will find you something"

"Why do you care? just let me go, nobody's going to care anyway"

"This is a prestigious apartment, if you appear like that, security will stop you and you will probably end up in jail"

I was still in front of the opened door, still not sure of what to do.

Neev moved faster and closed the door.

"I don't want more trouble, get in the shower," he said firmly.

---------------------------

So guys,

I Am happy you are responding to the story and it just makes me upload faster:)

Thank you so much for all the votes, comments and messages too...

Love you all

Jo.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro