Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ten will be starting by next week. Jaehyun specifically placed him in the accounting staff since people in that floor is mostly omegas and mated alphas. Although there are betas, but all employees are required to take pills. Jaehyun wouldn't want to put his friend at risk so he'll be responsible for the omega, as a boss and friend.

Other than that, it's been a few days since Ten left the note on the door. When they came back that Sunday, the note was gone but another basket is infront of their door. This time, there were snacks and candies. He's upset that there wasn't any reply and he hates cowards. It's just a waste of time but he really appreciates the baskets.

Walking towards school, Ten has River in his arms. Thinking that he'll might see that alpha again, maybe he shouldn't stay too long at school. He can't stand being close to him. They shortly arrived and the omega sent his son to class.

Ten kissed River's forehead and smiled sweetly, "Do your best."

River nodded, "See you later, papa," then ran into the room.

The omega stood and walked towards the waiting area. He was even looking around so he wouldn't bump into someone, especially that alpha. Once he saw the benches, Ten looked for Taeyong but instead, he found Jaehyun using his phone, seated far from the other parents. The omega walked towards him and sat beside, catching the alpha's attention.

"It's new to see you here instead of Taeyong," Ten commented.

Jaehyun shrugged, "Well, he needs to take care of some errands and told me to stay for a while for Lue."

"Must be boring, huh? All we do is sit here and talk random things."

The alpha laughed softly, "It's kind of refreshing to be out of the office sometimes."

"Try to hang out some time then," the omega said.

"I'd be jobless then."

Ten chuckled, "Did you ever wish that you and Taeyong switched places? Like, him being at work and you're here waiting for Blue?"

Jaehyun shook his head, not even thinking about his answer, "No, it's my responsibility to support my family so I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to spend my days doing nothing. But if Taeyong wants to work, I'll let him."

The omega nodded. The alpha noticed him suddenly became quiet. He pats Ten's shoulder.

"You'll have someone who'll treat you the same--"

"I'm not thinking about that!"

Jaehyun laughed, "You looked like you were!"

From a far, Johnny was just looking at them. He was just passing by through the hallways to monitor classrooms and faculty then he saw Ten talking to an alpha, being able to distinguish the other's second gender by their appearance. He was curious who the alpha is. This was the things he was afraid of. But he doesn't need to cage Ten, he's not in the place to.

All he is to the omega is just another alpha.

"Mr. Suh?"

Johnny snapped out when his secretary called him, "I'm sorry. What was it again?"

"We need to go. Do you have anything else to bring?"

The alpha gave another glance at the omega nearby before he shook his head and continued walking. Ten caught a glimpse of him, surprised that Johnny didn't go and talk to him. Maybe he didn't see him. He did remember Taeyong saying that Johnny was looking for him last week.

Even though he despises him, Ten somehow wants to know what's on the alpha's mind. Maybe he overreacted. He was overwhelmed anyway.

Ah, what are you even thinking?

"That's your alpha?" Jaehyun asked.

Ten tensed, "H-He's not my alpha!"

The alpha chuckled, "The way you looked at hi--"

"Stop it! I don't look at him in some type of way!"

"Ah, there, there, Ten. I know how it feels to deny someone you like--"

"I'm not talking to you. Also, I hope Taeyong will hate you."

"Hey!"

Back in their apartment, Ten and River were in the living room. The boy was doing his homeworks which were easy enough for the omega to teach him. They were just spending some time there inside just like usual. His son was enjoying coloring and writing at the moment and Ten thought he should buy something for him as a reward.

The omega helped him with writing his name in Korean. Ten wanted to teach him Thai too someday.

"Good job, Riv. You want anything? I'll go buy something at the nearby store," the omega uttered, ruffling his son's hair, before he stood from the carpet and went to grab some things.

River hummed, "Chocolate!"

Ten nodded, wearing his collar and jacket, "Alright. Sit tight. Keep the door locked and don't say anything if someone knocked other than me. Okay?"

The omega opened the door and his smile faded when he saw a man holding a basket full of goods. Both of them were tensed and Ten doesn't know what to say.

"A-Are you the one who keeps leaving groceries? Infront of our door?" the omega asked.

The man felt defeated. He just bowed, "Apologies, Mr. Lee."

Ten was confused, "You're sorry...? For what?"

Also, he's very respectful for a beta.

"For leaving things without notice. I'm just doing this for someone," he uttered.

"Someone?"

He nodded, "I won't be able to tell you further than that. I'm sorry. But please accept this."

Ten carried the basket as it was hastily given to him. The beta bowed again before he walked away from the apartment. He didn't know what just happened. He felt confused.

What just happened?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro