Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ten's been busy with preparing himself for work. Specifically, he's going out to buy suits and new dress shoes. He has the old ones but he wanted to take an effort to look presentable since it is Jaehyun's company and he was recruited out of kindness. He already told River that he'll be working too, just like old times.

Back in Seoul, Ten would temporarily leave work to pick up River in school and bring him to a friend of his. Then after work, he'll have to get him to go home then teaches River his lessons. Thinking back, the omega didn't know how he did it. Every day was a very tiring day. The only rest day he gets was Sunday. But despite being busy, he really tried his best to be in River's moments, either in school or outside.

That's why he doesn't want anyone to own River other than him. The day when Johnny talked about their son made Ten remembered why he struggles every day. He was grateful that he's able to keep his son alive at this point. He wants to raise River well.

But if he's gone, then who will do it?

Ten still hates Johnny but he knows he had gotten selfish. He'd be mad if that alpha did the same to him, if their positions were the other way around. But like, he has never been there when he needed him the most, that's why he's hurting.

Maybe they weren't really for each other.

"Is it really alright to leave River to you? They're quite a handful when he and Blue are together," Ten said.

Taeyong nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure."

"Wait...Is this your way of practicing?"

The omega raised an eyebrow at his friend, "Practicing?"

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" Ten teasingly smiled at him but received a very painful pinch on the arm, "Ouchie!"

Taeyong frowned, "Stop it!"

"I'm just hyping my best friend!"

"You're hype for nothing!"

The omega laughed at him. After a few minutes, they heard the bell rang. It meant classes are dismissed. Kids at River's age just spend classes before lunch so Ten was fine waiting the whole time. Both of them stood from their seats, same with the other parents, and walked towards their kids' rooms.

For a tough omega, Ten is a bit clumsy. He does get distracted easily or things just happen. Just like how the omega goes for a sharp turn and bumped into someone.

"Ah, sorry--"

Ten tensed when he realized the person's familiar mint scent. Before he could even do anything, the alpha stepped back.

"I'm sorry," Johnny apologized softly before he excused himself and walked away with another person following him.

The omega didn't move from where he stood. He didn't feel anger or anything. He was rather expecting something more than an apology. The alpha's expression even lacked. Johnny didn't bother smiling or nodding. His eyes were dark. It was his first time seeing Johnny with a serious look, he even got the omega filling intimidated.

Ten looked at Johnny who walks down the other way of the hallway, just staring at his back. Then his thoughts suddenly became filled about the alpha.

Didn't he want to talk? Why didn't he ask me?

Ten doesn't know why he's acting like this. He even lost Taeyong. That guy never learns to wait for him. He sighed then proceeds to go and pick up River.

"Papa!" River called.

The omega smiled at him, "Let's go? Are you still going to play with Blue?"

The boy hummed, "Can I?"

Ten ruffled his hair, "Of course!"

Both of them went to the closed playground that the school has. River went in and happily went towards Blue who was already inside. Ten goes to seat and frowned when Taeyong looked at him.

"Why are you frowning at me?" the omega asked.

"Nothing. It's not like you left me in an awkward situation again! You need to stop doing that!"

"Oh," Taeyong bursts out laughing, "I didn't know! I swear, I have no idea. Why? What happened?"

Ten crossed his arms grumpily, "I bumped into that alpha," he said like a whisper.

The omega's eyes widened, "Really? That's a goo--I mean, bad thing. Did he do anything? Did something happen? Or did you do anything?"

"I wouldn't sass at him in public. That would be a disaster and he didn't do anything, he just...apologized."

Taeyong spent some seconds looking at Ten whose mood suddenly has gone downhill. He was just looking at the ground with his eyebrows a bit furrowed. Taeyong just sighed.

"Why does it seem like you're disappointed?"

Ten was taken back. He immediately changed his expression, "What? I'm not. Stop imagining things."

The omega hummed, "He didn't ask you for a talk?"

"No...W-Well, I don't care! Either he wants to talk or not. It's his problem, not mine."

"Maybe he's waiting for you?"

Ten rolled his eyes, "Waiting for me to what?"

"I don't know. Maybe because you told him to go away?"

"Well...I did, but he needs to have some balls!"

Taeyong chuckled, "Same goes to you, Ten."

"What?!"

"You want to buy ice cream for the kids, right? Let's go!"

This guy!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro