Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As long as you aren't seeing anyone, I won't give up.

What kind of doofus would say that?! Why would he say that?! Ten was completely taken aback from what Johnny said. He wasn't hard pushing him with the thought of finding him someone else but he doesn't want the alpha to wait for nothing. The omega wasn't interested on having any relationships. But why did he have to say that?

Ten was frustrated. It made him confused. He didn't know what to say so he looked away from Johnny, feeling heat rushing up his cheeks. He didn't want to let the alpha see him blush. He didn't know Johnny was smiling at him.

A few days gone, Johnny's been with River for quite some time. After school, the alpha would ask Ten if he could go somewhere with the kid. The omega won't say no anyway, except if he doesn't like the place they'll be going to.

Also, Ten's been working in Jaehyun's company since Monday. Even though he's still training, he was still promised that they'll be giving him allowances. The omega's pumped and he's excited. He was in a safe department too.

When Johnny knew about it, he thought about asking him if he could just bring River home so Ten wouldn't have to use his lunch break for it. He was still thinking about it. The omega would either give him a sassy answer or a 'yes.' It's only either of those two options and nothing in between. He only wants to lessen the omega's chores and work.

"Uncle Yong!"

River called when he saw Taeyong infront of his classroom. His uncle smiled at him and handed his hand out for the boy who held his back.

"I see you have stars on your wrist again. Good job today, Riv. Your papa will be proud if he'll see that," Taeyong uttered, walking towards the playground.

"He'll see it later! And also, uncle Johnny!"

The omega got surprised, "Johnny?"

River nodded, "My new uncle!"

Taeyong could've sworn Ten's ex-boyfriend name is Johnny, the principal of the school. Did the omega finally grow up some balls and decides to get some closure? He didn't say anything last weekend though. Ten's a prideful omega and he doesn't usually like to apologize or admit anything. He could ask him and tease him for it.

It's unfair on Johnny's side, to think about it. He literally has his son infront of him. He doesn't know why Ten can't introduce Johnny as River's real father. But if that happened, River might ask why they aren't together inside the house. They just can't say they don't like each other anymore. No kid wants a broken family.

Taeyong lets River play on the playground while they wait for Ten. He already told his friend that River can stay in theirs while he's at work. Ten just planned on bringing his son to work since Jaehyun told him he could. But that would be just a distraction. He can't do this for a long time. It'll be tiring on his part too. Though, Ten told him he could do it.

"Mr. Jung?"

Taeyong looked behind and saw Johnny. He bowed infront of the alpha and smiled at him.

"Yes, Mr. Suh?" the omega asked.

Johnny scratched his nape, "I wanted to ask you something, regarding River."

Taeyong nodded, "About what?"

They moved away from the people that could hear them.

"I was planning on asking Ten if I could be the one to look out for River while he's at work. It'll be a handful for him, especially when he's the one doing everything for them," the alpha opened up.

"I have already told the same thing to him but as usual, he said no. Ten doesn't want to bother people. He thinks he needs to do everything as a father. Although, yes, it is a parent's responsibility, but he still needs some help."

Johnny nodded as he hummed, "If that happened to you, he might just shout at me," he chuckled.

"It's kind of a miracle that he's able to talk to you. You can try. If he could hold some grudge, he still might have a soft spot for you."

"But I don't know how to reach him," the alpha said, a bit flustered about Taeyong saying Ten having a soft spot.

"Of course. He didn't give you his number," Taeyong uttered and grabbed his phone in his pocket, and looked for Ten's contact, "How was the closure?"

Johnny was taken aback, "Oh, you heard?"

"Well...from Riv. Apparently, you're just an uncle to him right now."

"It's better than nothing," the alpha uttered.

Taeyong nodded while he texts Ten, "I agree. And to Ten?"

"What?"

"What about your relationship?"

Johnny hummed, "He...He didn't want us to be involved in anything. He's still traumatized with what happened to us, if you know about it."

"Hey, if you really want him, you can't just give up," the omega said, handing out his phone with Ten's message on screen.

'Let me talk to him.'

The alpha felt anxious as he nodded, "Don't worry, I don't have any plans to."

Johnny huffed before he grabbed the phone and called Ten. It rang once before it was picked up. The alpha felt his stomach churned from being nervous. Why does he have to be nervous when it comes to Ten?

"Hello? Taeyong?"

"This is Johnny."

"Look...I don't want to bother anyone for my responsibility. I have already told my boss about it--"

"But I'm here. I'm already here, ready to do anything for my son. I have that responsibility too as a parent, right? I already agreed that River won't see me as his father yet or as someone who is his papa's partner, I can handle that, but you can lean on me, Ten. I can lend you a hand. All I want is to make it up for the both of you."

"Stop saying that...I get it but I got used to doing these on my own. You can't push me into that idea all of a sudden."

Johnny frowned, his other hand on his hip and his head tilted to the side a bit, "I understand...I'm sorry if I was too assertive."

"Is that all you want to talk about?"

The alpha sighed quietly, "Yes. I'll end the call."

"Sure...I'll be there in a few minutes anyway."

"Okay. Take care."

Taeyong got his phone handed back. He looked at the alpha who looked frustrated. He understands that Johnny just wants to help and be a father figure for River. Although, it was more than that. Johnny wants to be the person Ten can depend on again. He still does love the omega.

This is just making him sad. This is like a book he's been reading.

"It didn't go too well, huh?"

"As expected."

The omega hummed, "Best of luck then."

"Uhm, before you go, Mr. Jung--"

"Taeyong. Call me Taeyong. I'm still getting used to being called with my husband's surname and it feels weird to hear it."

Johnny nodded, "Before you go, Taeyong, can I ask where Ten works?"

"Oh..."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro