Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ten already has his resume on his hand that he made a few days ago. He'll be giving it to a faculty member later after River's inside the classroom. They were on their way towards the school. Walking down the street, having the little boy walking while the omega holding his tiny hand.

They arrived with several kids and guardians coming into the building. Ten guided River towards his designated room. Right when they were beside the door, the omega knelt to the boy's height.

"Here," Ten gave him his backpack then smiled, "Be good, okay? Just do your best in class," he said while he fixes River's uniform.

The boy nodded and hugged his papa, "I will, papa! See you later!"

"See you later, baby. I'll be here when you need me."

River then went into class which was Ten's cue to excuse himself into the faculty room. The omega stood and walked to the direction he thinks the faculty is. They should give some time this morning to entertain him. He knocked on the door and opened it.

Once he did, he was welcomed by the teachers inside of the room. Ten smiled and bowed at them.

"Good morning, Mr. Lee. What can I do for you?" one teacher asked.

"Ah, I heard that you're looking for helpers?" Ten hesitantly asked.

She nodded, "We are. The school needs a few janitors and cafeteria staff. Are you going to apply?"

The omega nodded and handed out his resume, "Yes. I'll try my luck."

"You'll be able to get the job, Mr. Lee. The interview you'll be having with the principal will only be for formality. Would it be fine if you'll be interviewed by tomorrow?"

Ten nodded, "Of course. As soon as possible, I would want to have the job."

She smiled, "It would be nice too since you'll be working while you look out for River."

"It is."

"We never had omegas work. They are more likely to be guardians or stays at home. Wouldn't it be hard for you, Mr. Lee?"

The omega shook his head, "I will make sure that I won't be a burden to anyone. I can handle it. I've been doing this ever since."

"I'm sorry for this, Mr. Lee, if this ever offends you but...there are foundations who supports people like you, single omega parents," another teacher said, "You'll be able to have more allowance if you'll try and sign up for it."

Ten smiled, "Thank you for the concern but I'm fine working for my family. I don't have anything else to do anyway. I'll just come back tomorrow, ma'am. Thank you for today."

"Ah, see you tomorrow, Mr. Lee. Have a nice day."

The omega walks out and went towards the waiting area. He was much of a prideful and fierce omega. He wasn't just like any omegas around. Although, he was just as loving. He takes care of people he truly cares and being selfless for them without a doubt. Ten's mood and attitude depends on the people around him.

Just like now, Ten doesn't need any help from a foundation who pitied them for trust. They'll even be in 'debt' if ever they'll ask for help. The omega was done trusting. He's better off doing everything by himself for River. He'll be the only one who'll give whatever River wants.

"Hey, have you tried applying?" Taeyong asked when Ten sat beside him, disturbing him from reading a book he has.

Ten nodded, "Just now. Interview's tomorrow."

"Nervous?"

The omega shook his head, leaning back on the backrest, "Nah."

The other chuckled, "It's just like you. Good luck though. You'll be meeting the new principal, I guess."

"Ah, really? Not an old guy?"

"Shh! No...I heard he already retired so his son will take over part-timely while they look for someone else to take lead," Taeyong said, "You know, sometimes, people met their mates in these instances," the omega teasingly uttered, while he goes back on reading.

"Huh?! What the heck are you saying?!" Ten crossed his arms and frowned at him.

The omega laughed, "Who knows...You act like you were never attracted to someone before."

Ten fell quiet. His eyebrows furrowed and sighed, "I never was..." he said, just enough for Taeyong to hear, "I don't remember the feeling of loving someone."

Taeyong lost his smile but he chuckled bitterly, "Let's go? I'll treat you somewhere. I want to eat."

The omega was then again pulled into his friend's sudden cravings.

Back in home, Ten was staring at his phone. Well, he wasn't just staring at a black screen. He was thinking deeply at what Taeyong told him back at the restaurant they were in. He has his eyebrows furrowed, with one raised, and his lower lip out. His thumb frozen as he doubts himself.

Taeyong was able to convince Ten that he needs an alpha to be able to live easier. Also, it's for River. In the next years, his son will get bullied for having one parent. They'll find it as a joke. Although, Ten could just tell his son not to get offended but River might not be able to handle it honestly. He doesn't want his son to keep bullying as a secret too. It would also be good to give River a dad.

But the hardest is to find one.

Now, Ten's at a dating site. It was embarrassing, to say the least. He never used these, neither got interested in them. He didn't...meet his ex-boyfriend at a dating site anyway. He met him at school when Ten was getting teased for being an omega. He was protected ever since that day and the omega would forever be thankful for him. Ten wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

He missed those days.

When just simple touches would make their hearts flutter, their smiles that would make their stomach get filled with butterflies and even the sweet thoughts they had to have a family. The omega felt his heart ache when he remembered their last day together. He didn't even know it was the last. If he knew, Ten would've maybe stopped him from going.

But it happened. Ten felt like he was just thrown like that. Maybe he wasn't really special to his ex-boyfriend. If he was, he wouldn't leave without a word.

Ten was convinced that his ex-boyfriend was happy when he told him about his pregnancy. Maybe that was fake.

No one could love River more than him.

"This is stupid," the omega uttered to himself and sighed, "Why am I even an omega...?"

He'll just find someone if he wants to. It'll just happen. When Ten sees them, his heart will just flutter. They'll just feel that spark.

He'll wait for it.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro