Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

People were screaming my name. I had just finished singing my favorite song. I was dressed in a tight-fitting forest-green dress that went all the way down my slender legs and had a slit that went up to my mid-thigh. I was being praised for my dream-like voice and beautiful complexion as I danced gracefully on the stage.

My smile wouldn't go away. All the bad things in my life were suddenly never there. Now wasn't the time to think about all the sad stuff in life. It was time to celebrate! My dream had finally come true! The audience was now starting to clap for an encore! The clapping was very rhythmic, like a tempo being clapped. The sound of my lovely fans' claps were turning into the most annoying sound I could ever hear:

The sound of my alarm clock.

I groaned as I opened my eyes to the bright light of my ceiling fan and turned off my alarm. 6:00 already??? I thought to myself as I peeled the covers off of my body and hopped into the shower.

I lathered my hair with shampoo and started to sing a part of a song from Broadway:

"He'll show up today!
Take a princess, any princess!
Take your pic, they're all like me!"

I massaged the soap into my long, brown hair. I decided to think about my wonderful dream that ended so badly. What does that dream even mean? I loved every minute of that wonderful dream, but if it ended differently, it would have been even more wonderful. It'd be better if I never woke up at all.

My life is a mess. See, my mom loves me, but she doesn't see life like I see it. And my sisters? They don't see how I like watching untalented people prance around a heightened floor while talking in different pitches for two to three hours straight. That's because I don't like it. I adore it. My dad has always pushed me to be the best I can be. He actually wanted to see me succeed. That is, until he passed away twelve years ago due to his heart being just too big. No one alive in my family has ever said that I should go for my dreams to become a Broadway actress. My sisters have always told me that I should become a lawyer to pay for the debt they got us in. They're big gamblers, and they lost all of our life savings and our inheritance from our dad. When I even mention moving to New York to start my dream, they push me down and tell me that I'm too awful to be a Broadway star.

I know every song in my repertoire by heart. I know all of the songs that go along with those songs. I could honestly be better than any of the actual actors themselves. I could be in a musical.

I washed out my shampoo that was massaged a little bit too well. I put conditioner in my hair and started to massaging the soothing hair invigorator into my scalp. I started to think about what it would be like to actually be in a musical, an before I knew it, I was washing the conditioner out of my hair to make my hair silky smooth, just like any Broadway actress would.

I stepped out of the warm aura of my shower and wrapped a clean towel around my wet body(Get your head out of the gutter!). I walked into my room and picked an outfit to wear for today. I decided on the usual:

Hoodie and sweatpants.

As I was brushing my hair, I looked at myself in the mirror. I imagined myself as a beautiful Broadway star, but shook the thought away from my brain.

"Lets face it. I'll never be able to perform on Broadway," I said to my reflection.

I put my brush down and turned around.

"But I can always listen," I said as I reached for my phone that was plugged in, sitting on my bed. I plugged my earbuds in and unlocked my hand-me-down IPhone 5S. I went into the ITunes app and typed in "Dirty Dancing 2017."

When I found my preferred soundtrack, I pressed the cover and as I did, I felt a shock run through my body. I jolted to the middle of my small room, like the floor was my stage. I pressed play on "Be My Baby," by Bea Miller. After two seconds, the drums did their click and I closed my eyes and twisted my hips like I was Baby in Dirty Dancing. When I opened my eyes, I was surprised by what I saw in front of me...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro