[019] kendall roy, the murderer

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[019] kendall roy, the murderer

Sex with Roman wasn't... nearly as terrible as she thought it would be. It wasn't groundbreaking and he had admittedly passed out after the first round. But Alice supposed it hadn't been as terrible as she thought it would've been. All in all, Alice had been left satisfied enough.

She leaves Roman still asleep in bed while she went on to go and take a shower, coming back to find him awake and messing with his hair which was a lot messier than before. Alice smiles at the sight, finding it adorable, and she even walks over to ruffle it some more which only makes him groan in response.

"You're so cute when you're annoyed," Alice teased.

"Fuck off," Roman grumbles. "I'm not cute."

"You're so cute, like a little puppy," Alice keeps going before she finally decides to ease up on him, resting her hand on his arm to show a little more affection than before. That was what normal couples did after they'd spend the night together anyway.

Even though they were forced into this marriage, they were a real couple now - one that had gone all the way. 

Alice snaps out of her thoughts to glance down at Roman, reaching over to caress his cheek. "What time is it anyway?"

"I dunno," Roman says, moving away from her hand and now standing up. "Do you mind giving me some space? I just need a minute, alright?"

Alice holds her hands up in surrender, watching as Roman disappeared into the bathroom. She's known Roman for so many years and yet she could never understand him. One minute, he was hot and the next he was cold. At the moment, Alice was too exhausted to understand so she wasn't going to bother.

Right now, she was starving and ready to eat.

She and Roman got ready at the same time, going down to join the others for breakfast. But right away, Alice couldn't help but notice that something was different. Not necessarily with the other guests or even the bride and groom... but with the staff themselves. They were acting weird, talking amongst themselves whenever they'd finish helping the rest of them. And Alice was determined to get to the bottom of it, turning to Catherine for help.

"What's going on?" Alice questioned, taking a bite from her muffin as she looked at Catherine.

"What do you mean?" Catherine answers, seemingly unfazed by all of the weird behavior.

"The staff... they're acting like someone died or something," Alice scoffed.

"That's because someone did die last night during the wedding. Apparently, it was one of the staff members. A caterer or whatever. He got high and ended up getting into an accident. It's just so tragic but... we're determined to not let it ruin the good mood of this wedding," Catherine says with a shake of her head.

Alice waits for Catherine to chuckle, admitting that it was all one fucked up joke. But much to her horror, that never happened. Now it all made sense as to why Alice senses the weird energy with the others. Everyone else was carrying on as normal, making her wonder if they were left in the dark or if they had heard of the news and just didn't care.

Knowing them, it was probably the latter.

"Shit, well... where's Damian? I figured you two would be stuck like glue," Alice noted.

Catherine shrugs. "I'm not really sure where he is. Probably walking around or something. But enough about him, you and Roman... something happened between the two of you, didn't it?" 

"Maybe," Alice says in a sing-song tone before she takes another bite of her muffin.

"Holy shit, seriously? I didn't think Roman was actually capable of finally fucking someone. You truly are a special lady, Alice Kim. Or... should I say Alice Roy?" Catherine replies, lightly nudging Alice who softly chuckles.

Soon enough, Alice would find herself at the table and sitting beside Roman when Kendall himself came back into the room. Alice looks over at Kendall for a brief moment, sending a nod of acknowledgement his way. One which he returned with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Morning, Fuckface," Roman greets Kendall who just nods, seemingly distracted by something.

Alice looks over at Roman, her brows drawn together in confusion. "Hey, do you notice something weird about Kendall?"

"Kendall's always weird. What makes today so different?" Roman shakes his head.

"I dunno. Maybe I'm just being paranoid," Alice responded with a shrug.

"Women and your crazy emotions," Roman teased, causing Alice to flick the side of his head. "Ow!"

"You deserve a lot more than that. And what the fuck is your problem? You've been acting weird ever since this morning and you're not saying anything," Alice remarked. "So why won't you talk to me?"

"Because there's nothing to really talk about. It happened and now we can move on from it," Roman shakes her head.

"Yeah, you're right. I mean, it wasn't like it was anything remarkable. I've had way better," Alice replies with a roll of her eyes. She wasn't sure why Roman was having such an attitude but Alice wasn't going to back down so easily.

Roman bitterly chuckles. "I won't argue with that. I'm pretty sure nearly every man in the city knows all about you."

Alice had no idea where this attitude was coming from. She thought that things were good between her and Roman. They had slept together and everything. But now Roman was pushing her away right when she had gotten so close. Deep down, he was feeling pretty terrified - knowing that he felt so much for Alice. More than he ever felt before. And so Roman decided to do the one thing that he did best: self sabotage.

"Fuck you," Alice says before she storms off from the table, not wanting to listen to another word. Roman had successfully gotten underneath her skin once again and Alice needed to leave before she'd say something that she ended up regretting.

"Wait, Alice, where are you going?" Catherine called after her, but Alice was too upset to even answer her properly. "What the fuck did you do, Rome?"

Alice made her way outside, desperate for some fresh air and a chance to calm down. But Alice wouldn't get too much peace before she looked up ahead and saw Caroline. She was talking to two police officers, engrossed in conversation. She didn't even notice Alice looking at her and maybe that was for the best. They were obviously here about the caterer that had died just last night.

She decides to keep walking around instead, more mad at herself than at Roman. She was mad that she let Roman continue to mess with her and throw her past back in her face. It drove her crazy how she allowed one person to mess with her like this. Alice couldn't tell if she wanted to make out with Roman or strangle him most of the time.

Right now, of course, she really wanted to strangle him. Roman had more mood swings than the average person and he never talked about his emotions. Alice couldn't talk but still, she didn't know what the hell she had done wrong or why Roman was seemingly punishing her for... whatever it is she had done.

But it seemed as though Alice's only crime was liking Roman in the first place. To be honest, she loved him. And it was scary and frustrating. Alice wasn't sure why she expected things to magically fall into place after they'd have sex. But she definitely wasn't expecting this.

Alice decides to make her way back inside of the house, wondering if they were all still in the dining hall or what. She was taking her sweet time, however, dreading the very idea of running into Roman again. But if she knew Roman as well as she did, he'd just pretend that it never happened and he'd go back to making inappropriate jokes.

Just then, she'd run into Marcia and her son who had been leaving one of the rooms. Alice steps out of the way, nodding towards the both of them out of politeness. They nod back before leaving, seemingly talking amongst themselves. Alice's brows furrow in confusion as she walks over to the room where they had come from. The door was closed and yet, Alice could hear voices faintly. She couldn't help but let her curiosity get the better of her as she crept towards the door, pressing her ear against the door so she could hear exactly what was going on.

"Tell Sandy you're out. Tell Stewy the thing looks like a shit show. Go to the desert, dry yourself out. You have not been yourself," Logan remarked.

"There's nothing - I don't - I don't think, um, and... I wasn't there, so -," Kendall stammers, struggling to formulate a proper sentence.

"Just take the olive branch, man. This is your last and final chance for mercy," Logan responded.

Alice frowned. So this was where Damian was but what was he doing here? And what were they all talking about?

"Listen to Damian, son. This could be the defining moment of your life. It'd eat everything. A rich kid kills a boy - you'd never be anything else," Logan continued.

Alice felt pretty horrified and shocked by everything she had learned. Kendall had killed the caterer and he was going to essentially get away with it. She almost wondered if she was actually hearing it all correctly or if she was merely trapped in some fucked up Hitchcock-esque nightmare.

"Or, you know, it could be what it should be: nothing at all. A sad... little detail at a lovely wedding where father and son are reconciled," Logan continues. "Give us a moment please, Damian."

"Yes, sir," Damian responded and Alice realized that she had to leave before she'd end up getting caught.

However, Alice couldn't back away from the door in time before it opened, Damian immediately locking eyes on Alice as he stood in the doorway for a moment. She was worried that she'd immediately tell on her as though she were a child. But instead, Damian just closes the door behind him and drags Alice over to the side so they could be able to talk by themselves.

"How much of that did you hear?" Damian questioned.

Alice rips her arm away from his grasp, glaring at him. "Is it true? Did Kendall kill that guy?"

"Yeah, it's true. Are you going to run your mouth and say something? You know, you'll cause a lot of trouble if you do that. Is that what you want?" Damian raised a brow, obviously trying to guilt trip Alice into silence.

"Why are you covering up for them? You have no real ties to this family. You're not getting married to Catherine, so what's your angle?" Alice folded her arms across her chest, not buying any of it. She wished that she was stupid and ignorant but she knew that no one ever went this far for no reason. 

If Damian was really going to be helping them out, it had to be because he was getting something out of it. And that made murder perfectly okay.

Damian chuckles. "That doesn't matter. All that matters is that you keep your mouth shut. Do you understand?"

"Perfectly," Alice reluctantly answers, weighing out her options.

She could tell the truth and risk ruining everything for Kendall and the rest of his siblings. Just because she was pissed at Roman in the moment didn't mean she'd do something like that to him. And it wasn't even her place to say anything. The better option would be to just keep her mouth shut and wait for it to eventually go away.

Damian pats Alice on the shoulder before walking away, feeling pretty satisfied with her response. Alice just stands there for a moment, burdened by everything that she had just heard. As much as Alice wanted to think that things would get better after this, she was worried that it was ony going to get worse.

But Alice had no idea just how bad things would get the moment she'd officially tie the knot with her husband-to-be.

( 🥀💔🍸 )

word count: 2103
notes: sorry this took so many months to update but here's the final chapter for season one! hopefully i'll go back to updating this frequenly but anyways, let me know what you thought and i hope you enjoyed this!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro