Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Silence filled the room as I sipped on a glass of water that I had poured for myself ,and Harry played awkwardly with the hem of his jeans. Things hadn't been the same since the kiss, I suddenly felt like I couldn't talk to Harry the way we use to.

I was completely sobered up by this point and ,although alcohol still burned in my bloodstream, I was aware of every movement and action Harry made. His eyes never met mine which saddened me slightly- it was only one kiss after all. One mistaken, drunken kiss... Or at least that's what I told myself.

Suddenly, the sound of a car broke the quiet that hung over us and the blood drained from my face. Someone was driving up to the house- and fast. The sound of gravel being crunched under wheels echoed around us and I felt immobilised. Thankfully, Harry was there to think of an escape.

"I saw a back door, we need to go Matilda- like right now!" Harry's voice seemed muted as fear filled me and all I could do was follow his fast sprint to the back of the house where there was indeed a door. Scrambling around the area, my hands grasped a key chain full of keys. But which one opened the door?

Frantically, Harry began to try out all the keys, cursing under his breath loudly as none of them worked, and I was the lookout. I swear I could almost hear the beating of my heart in my chest it was that loud and vigorous. Just as I heard the front door of the house open, Harry found the right key and tumbled through the door with me close on his trail. Talk about perfect timing.

"WHAT THE HELL-" the scream of who I presume was the home owner ricocheted in my ears as we ran with all our strength into the surrounding forest and as far away from the house as we could get.

The night air bit into my skin as we navigated over fallen tree trunks and untamed vegetation; my pulse was racing as the prospect of running from the police filled my brain. I couldn't be a criminal running from the law as well as being a runaway running from a troubled past.

The faint cooing of an owl and the other sounds of the night creatures acted as my getaway music and I became absorbed in running as fast as my short legs would take me. I wasn't necessarily fast or in shape by anyone's standards but when the adrenaline was pulsating round my body, I found that I had unlimited energy.

Once we had crossed the border of the property and had distanced ourselves from the house, we stood still to catch our breaths.  I panted, wheezed and coughed as I finally let myself relax and all I could think about was the churning feeling in my stomach. I knew we shouldn't have gone to that house.

Once I was able to stand up straight again, I made note of our surroundings. We were practically in the middle of nowhere. All around us was plain fields of green and no sight of any house let alone a person. Above us, the dark purple sky was dotted with tiny specks of light and for one second I forgot about my dire situation and just focused on the place we were in.

"That was insanely incredible," Harry's voice broke my peace- I had almost forgot he was there for a second- and I looked over at him with a puzzled expression, "It was like something out of a movie. Or maybe a video game. That getaway, the thrill."

"Harry are you mad? That was one of the most terrifying moments of my life and you are here saying how amazing it was!" I was completely shocked by his detachment from the event we had just endured as a result of his bad judgement.

"Come on Matilda, lighten up! That was fun, way more fun than anything else we've done," he was smiling, trying to reassure me, but I wasn't going to condone his reckless behaviour and mentality. Putting yourself in danger wasn't sensible at all.

"No Harry, I will not 'lighten up'. Maybe you need to grow up," I glared at him but I could tell that this was something that he wasn't going to back down.

So this was fast paced! A lot happened in not a long time! Will Harry's secret be revealed soon? Who knows ;)

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro