#15: Kyoto

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Thanks for making my experience in Malaysia enjoyable, Masaru." Maxios said. "I'd love to come back again sometime."

"I'd be thrilled to join you too." Masaru nodded with a smirk.

The two males stood in the airport in front of the time tables presented on the large screens above their heads, each with their own luggage in their hands. In Maxios' was two large, black suitcases and a bag on his back. For Masaru, it was one suitcase and one bag.

"See ya 'round!" Maxios waved goodbye, running off to board his airplane.

"Bye!" Masaru waved as he watched Maxios leave, also departing to board his flight.

The trip back to Japan was gruelling for Maxios. Sitting in his seat, he had his head dug deep into his hands, as he thought about what had happened in Malaysia. "Why was it only me and Masaru? Ryuzu said there'd be another person joining us... we were completely outmatched during that." He gritted his teeth. "We completely bombed everything... All that time, energy, money, to only end up that we failed getting Zoa... Those damn people... Zak... the goth girl and that Kakashi guy..." Maxios sighed, as he relaxed in his seat. "This is goddamn depressing."

(Opening here)

In a small, dark room, lit by a single lightbulb hanging over a wooden table, was Ryu, on the floor unconsciously. Next to him, was a slender man with black hair; adorned in a black cloak that draped over his torso and legs, with a mask that covered 3/4th of his face. The missing chunk was on the bottom left, and made it so there was a curve on the mask. The design was simple, with two holes for the eyes to peer through, and stitches over the eyes and mouth. On the mouth was the faint colour of red, representing lips of some sort.

Blinking with a heaving breath, Ryu opened his closed eyes slowly. Sitting up, he ran a hand through his hair, before everything around him started to click in place slowly. Turning to his right to look at the black-haired man, Ryu slowly opened his mouth in shock, before a loud cry came from it. Bouncing back, Ryu shuffled away from him.

"Who... who the hell are you?!" He spat, demanding answers.

"I'm Kai. I found you unconscious on the floor." The man replied, standing up. Ryu hopped back onto his aching feet with gritted teeth.

"Kai, huh... you got a weird looking mask on. And where am I?" Ryu asked, looking at his surroundings. It just seemed to be pure darkness.

"You're in a room." Kai said, before walking over to the wooden table that was under the light.

"And why am I here? Shouldn't you have contacted a medic or something?" Ryu continued to ask questions to feed his lack of satisfaction from the answers he was getting.

"I decided to patch you up myself. Your injuries were minor... but then, I noticed your FICA. You're a cardfighter, right?" Kai asked, taking a seat at the table.

"Yeah..." Ryu walked up to him, looking down at the man.

"Then I decided we should Cardfight." After mulling through his pockets, Kai took out a FICA and showed it off to Ryu.

"Are you for real?" Ryu raised a brow, before slamming his fist on the table. "I got a flight to head to!"

"Where are you flying?" Kai asked.

"None of your damn business. So, I appreciate the fact you were trying to help me out, but keeping me hostage to play a card game seems silly."

"I'm not keeping you hostage... I merely want to have a game. That's all." Kai replied. "Please, take a seat so we can begin. The moment we finish, is the moment you can get out of here."

"Fine..." Ryu pulled up a seat and sat down.

"I knew your sister." Kai said as he took out his deck from his FICA.

"How the hell do you know I have a sister?" Ryu asked as he shuffled his deck.

"She told me. Hiyori was her name, right?" Kai put down his deck and drew five cards.

"Yeah... What about it?" Ryu asked, looking through his hand.

"She was quite peculiar. I heard she passed away." Kai returned three cards in his hand to the deck.

"Yeah...The upcoming Star Gate Branch Manager stabbed her after a performance." Ryu said bitterly.

"Kyle Black?" Kai raised a brow in surprised. "I wouldn't imagine it was him, out of all people."

"Me too..."

"Didn't he pass away too?"

"Yeah. Apparently someone killed him too." Ryu put his fingers on his starting vanguard.

"You got your revenge then." Kai nodded, putting his fingers on his starting vanguard.

"Bittersweet revenge." Ryu replied. "What he doesn't know is that I killed Kyle with my own two hands..."

"Stand up, (the!) Vanguard!"

"Extreme Battler, Kabutron!" The vanguard circle expanded orange.

"Involution Star-vader, Carbon!" The vanguard circle expanded red.

"This guy is also using the same deck as him... how funny and cruel..." Ryu laughed sadly. "Heh..."

"I'll start us off. Stand and draw! I ride Penrose Gate! Moving Carbon back and end."

Kai:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

Ryu:
OXO
OOO

"I ride Gunzdon! Moving Kabutron back! Boosted, Gunzdon attacks! (7000 > 12000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Extreme Battler, Ninjaad)"

"Damage check! (Turmoil Star-vader, Zinc)"

"Turn end."

Kai:
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

Ryu:
Hand: 6
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride Globuladia! Call Dubnium! He attacks! (9000)"

"No guard! (Exxtreme Battler, Victor)"

"Boosted by Carbon, Glob! (9000 > 14000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Star-vader, Magellanic Stream) Heal trigger, all to vanguard and healing a damage! (14000 > 19000)"

"Damage check! (Magical Performer)"

"Turn end."

Kai:
OXX
OXO

Ryu:
Damage: 2
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride Ninjaad and call Ninjaad and Jerohawk! Boosted by Kabutron, Ninjaad attacks! (9000 > 14000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Extreme Battler, Baryon)"

"Damage check! (Star-vader, Satellite Mirage)"

"Boosted by Jerohawk, Ninjaad! (9000 > 16000)"

"Apollonel guards! (9000 > 10000)"

"Turn end."

Kai:
Hand: 4
OXX
OXO

Ryu:
Damage: 2
XXO
XXO

"Stand and draw. BE SWEPT UP IN A VORTEX OF DESPAIR AS THE CHAINS THAT LOCK THE DRAGON SHATTER LIKE HOPE! SHOW NO MERCY, I RIDE MY AVATAR, STAR-VADER, CHAOS BREAKER CRISIS!" The vanguard circle expanded black with a scatter of red. "Dubnium attacks! (9000)"

"No guard. (Extreme Battler, Break-pass) Critical, all to vanguard! (9000 > 14000)"

"Boosted by Carbon, Crisis attacks! (11000 > 16000)"

"Guard with Red Lightning! (14000 > 24000)"

"Twin Drive! (Turmoil Star-vader, Zinc, Star-vader, Mulepton) Turn end. Skill of Dubnium, soulblast and retire him, lock one of your units!"

"Locking Kabutron."

Kai:
OXO
OXO

Ryu:
Damage: 3
XXO
X—O

"Stand and draw! A burst of energy, a rush of adrenaline and beating your opponent! That is the core concept of the extreme battle ring! I ride, Zubat Battler, Victor!" The vanguard circle expanded electric blue. "Liberating the Generation Zone! The undisputed champion enters the fray! His swoosh with the sword decides the winner of the match! Generation Stride, Winning Champ, Victor! Stride skill, counterblast and draw a card. Calling Golshachi! I'll choose my vanguard, and it gets a new skill. Calling Gunzdon! Boosted by Gunzdon, Golshachi attacks! (9000 > 16000)"

"Guard with Quark and Photon! (11000 > 21000)"

"Boosted by Jerohawk, Ninjaad! (9000 > 16000) Skill of Ninjaad, I'll stand Golshachi! Skill of Winning Champ, Soulblast and G Blast, giving him and Golshachi 5k! (26000 > 31000) (9000 > 14000) Golshachi's Rush! Adding 7000 power! (14000 > 21000)"

"No guard! (Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Crisis)"

"Jerohawk's skill! End of battle he boosted, I counterblast and put him into soul! Standing Ninjaad and drawing a card! He gets 2k! Skill of Winning Champ! (9000 > 11000 > 16000) (31000 > 36000) Ninjaad attacks! (16000)"

"No guard! (Beloved Child of Superstring Theory) Draw trigger, all to vanguard and draw! (11000 > 16000)"

"Golshachi! (21000)"

"Generation Guard! Genesis Beast, Destiny Guardian! (16000 > 31000)"

"Winning Champ attacks! (36000) Skill gained from Zubat Victor! I stand Golshachi! Skill of Winning Champ! (21000 > 26000) (36000 > 41000)"

"No guard!"

"Triple drive! (Extreme Battler, Golshachi, Magical Performer, Red Lightning) Critical! Critical to vanguard, power to Golshachi! (1★ > 2★) (26000 > 31000)"

"Damage checks! (Iron Wall Star-vader, Thorium, Fierce Attack Star-vader, Dubnium)"

"I believe in you Golshachi! Finish the fight! Extreme Action, Golden Divide! (31000)"

"Thorium, Perfect Guard!"

"You got desperate, huh?"

"I would've taken that attack if you didn't pull a critical."

"No matter. Zubat's skill, I countercharge, soulcharge (Extreme Battler, Jerohawk) and draw a card. Unlocking Kabutron."

"Skill of Crisis, I draw a card and retire Kabutron."

Kai:
Hand: 2
Damage: 5
OXO
OXO

Ryu:
Hand: 7
Damage: 3
XXX
OOX

"Stand and draw. Generation Zone, release! THE CARD OF DEATH HAS BEEN PREDICTED, AND THE GAME IS OVER AS THE CLOWN DECLARES IT! SHOW NO MERCY, GENERATION STRIDE! DEATH STAR-VADER, CHAOS UNIVERSE! Skill of Crisis which I discarded for the cost! Soulblast, and call a card from your hand to rear-guard circle as locked!"

"Calling Jerohawk as locked!"

"Stride Skill, counterblasting a Star-vader, and you lock one of your rear-guards!"

"Locking Gunzdon!"

"Skill of Chaos Universe! Counterblast and G Persona Blast, call a card from your hand to your open rear-guard as locked!"

"Calling Arashid as locked!"

"Then, I'll lock Golshachi!"

"Damn, that's four cards locked..."

"Call Photon. Lock your final rear-guard."

"A whole board lock..." Ryu grinned with gritted teeth. "Alright, we can play this game."

"Carbon's skill, into soul and calling Zinc to rear-guard! Now, Universe, attack! (26000)"

"No guard!"

"Triple drive! (Star-vader, Quark Shoebill) Draw, all to Photon! (9000 > 14000) (Star-vader, Globuladia, Star-vader, Magellanic Stream) Heal, all to Photon! (14000 > 19000)"

"Damage check! (Extreme Battler, Jerohawk)"

"Boosted by Zinc, Photon! (19000 > 26000)"

"Generation Guard! Meteokaiser, Dogantitan! Adding 10000 shield! (11000 > 26000 > 36000)"

"That will conclude my turn."

Kai:
Damage: 4
XXO
XOO

Ryu:
Damage: 4
—X—
———

"Stand and draw. Liberating the Generation Zone! Lord of the galaxy and king of the ring, thirst for victory in this feature match! Generation Stride, Meteokaiser, Victoplasma! Stride skill, counterblast and drawing a card. My vanguard gets the skill! Skill of Dogantitan in G Zone! Soulblast and putting him face down! I countercharge one! Victoplasma's skill! Counterblast and G Persona Blast, he gets Drive -1, and a new skill! Now, Victoplasma attacks! (26000)"

"Generation Guard! Genesis Beast, Destiny Guardian! I unlock Arashid and Jerohawk! He gets 10000 shield! (11000 > 26000 > 36000)"

"Two triggers? Easy! Twin drive!! (Extreme Battler, Ninjaad, Saar Blauglanz) Critical, attack to vanguard! (26000 > 31000/1★ > 2★) Victoplasma's skill! I discard two cards from my hand! RESTAND, THE VANGUARD!" The vanguard circle expanded a bright gold. "Now, go in for the kill! Meteor Action, Victoplasma! (31000/2★)"

"Guard with Paradigm, Quark, Glob and Photon intercepts! (11000 > 36000)"

"One trigger... I'll break through! Twin drive!! (Red Lightning) Critical trigger! All to vanguard! (31000 > 36000/2★ > 3★) (Zubat Battler, Victor)"

"You've broken past my guardians... Damage checks! Companion Star Star-vader, Photon, Star-vader, Penrose Gate, Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Crisis)"

"And that is game."

"Excellent game, Ryu. Very well played." Kai clapped as Ryu gathered his cards.

"Spare me the compliments, we played the game. So, let me out of this place." Ryu said.

"Alright." Kai stood up, and walked to the wall right to the table. Pushing a panel hidden in the darkness, a large sliding up moved to the left. A blinding white ray entered the exit, and illuminated the black room. Ryu started to walk to the exit, looking at Kai right in the eyes with a scowl.

Stepping into the light, Ryu closed his eyes and re-opened them. In his surrounding area, was the tree he had crashed into, and his perfectly normal bike. Rubbing the back of his head, he looked at his phone. Turning it on revealed the time and date.

"No... it couldn't be..."

His eyes widened as Ryu stared at the date.

"It's been two weeks...?"

(Ending here)

Crashing through the front gates with his bicycle and riding down the stone path, Ryu was in a hurry to reach the Mikazuchi Mansion. Skidding to a halt, Ryu got off his bike and started to knock at the door furiously. Opening the mahogany door was Maverick with a toothbrush in his mouth, and the foam of toothpaste around his lips.

"Yo, Ryu. Why didn't you go to Malaysia with Maxios and Masaru?" Taking out his toothbrush, Maverick looked at Ryu, who looked like he had seen a ghost. "Something happened, huh? Come in."

Sitting in the living room was Ryuzaki and Ryu, facing each other. Ryu had his head being held up with his hands, with Ryuzaki taking out a pencil and a pad of paper. "You didn't go with Maxios and Masaru to Malaysia. Why's that?"

"I was on my way to my to the airport on my bicycle when... when I crashed into a tree... and then I was knocked out cold. Some guy with a cloak on and a mask named Kai woke me up in this black box of a room, and we had a cardfight... then, I won and I was let out. I ended up back where I crashed, but my bicycle was fine. When I checked the date... it was two weeks later." Ryu explained with shaky breaths.

"A cloaked figure with a mask?" Ryuzaki raised a brow, nodding. "I see... so, we have a new threat."

"What do you mean?" Ryu looked up.

"My acquaintance Yozora, he had also a run in with a cloaked figure wearing a mask. However, he fought them for Drachma. What deck did they use?" Ryuzaki said quizzically.

"Chaos Breaker."

"Well, we already have Stark... perhaps, they're working together. However, this is based on their similar appearances. I must look into this more carefully..." Ryuzaki stated, putting down his pencil and pad.

"Right..." Ryu looked down at the table once more.

"You want a drink? You seem uneasy." Ryuzaki asked.

"I'm fine." Ryu replied, huffing.

"If you say so. Please, stay here. I planned to have another meeting here today, so having you already here is a nice coincidence." Ryuzaki explained as he stood up.

"Right."

Taking his leave, Ryuzaki went back to his study, while Ryu kept thinking about what had happened during the two weeks he was unconscious.

Next time on Z World:

#16: Europe

"Nah... I just got reminded why I hate getting involved in stuff that shouldn't be real."

"While trying to find Yza, I had a Cardfight with a man in a cloak and mask named Spectre. He used a Luard deck."

"But, after our failures, I realised we need to change our plans... that is why, I'm going to send two teams out to get two Zeroth Dragons at once!"

"Since when were Zeroth Dragons European?"

"Her name is Marie Anisworth, and she lives in England. I'm sure she'd be glad to help you guys out."

"Knowing all of this, let's work towards getting all the Zeroth Dragons and finding Yza. You are all dismissed."

================================

A/N

THERE

RYU, HERES YOUR FEATURE CHAPTER

Ryu: So this is why I wasn't in the jungle arc... interesting...

Jesus Christ... you're one difficult character.

Ryu: Nah man, I'm just a guy who wants to have some fun.

Ahuh, I'm sure of it. Anyways, there concludes the Malaysia Arc, and now we're entering the Europe Arc!

You know what that means...

Also, since this might be Masaru's last chapter where he speaks, I just wanna say, MASANOKU IS A GOOD SHIP

IT WILL SAIL

*raises flag and waves poster around*

Masaru: *loads gun*

Izanoku: *loads gun*

Welp, I gotta run. THATS ALL, FOX OUT!

Masaru: I wonder if fox tastes any good in stew form...

Izanoku: Just call him a furry

Masaru: Oh, good idea! HEY FOX, YOU'RE A FURRY!

Ok no more screentime for you, gtfo this book

Masaru: *high pitched mocking voice* But Fokkun, if I'm not in the book, you can't ship Masanoku~!

Izanoku: *laughing in the background*

Fuck, you're right

Instead, I'm gonna write a lemon between you two and publish it on Discord :3

Masaru: -_-

Izanoku: *opens fire*

[REDACTED]: To be continued?...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro