#19: Delete

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"The crow is a symbol for bad luck and death."

The sky was clear and light blue, with no clouds in sight. The midday sun was at it's highest, beating down on the capital as people passed Big Ben, whether as a tourist or regular in the country. The noise of beeping cars and black cabs mixed with large double decker red buses driving by made the country buzz with liveliness.

"So you might ask why my mask is of one of them."

The car swerved on the road, before crashing into another one in a freak accident that shook up the people surrounding it. Gasping and shouting emerged as people moved back.

"That's because you should ask to yourself: "Why is that people who are so free?"."

Everyone was yelling and getting out of the way, making a chaotic scene in the capital. The wailing of sirens neared the road as people took out their phone and began snapping pictures and videos of what was going on.

"What is the answer? Of course you don't know. The answer is: "They are carefree because they are so misfortunate". I want to see this misfortune for my own eyes. Yet, when I choose to be misfortunate, I cannot be as such."

Police cars drove near the scene. It was a bad crash, with both drivers being heavily injured. Pedestrians crossing by were lucky to not get involved, but the incident spilled onto the streets.

"But one day, I was misfortunate. But my misfortune was short lived. On the day I was supposed to die, I cheated death."

Standing on the top of Big Ben, the man with a crow mask looked above the city.

"That there's only sins. But if you tried harder, you can delete those sins. But no one wants to bother. So, I shall."

(Opening here)

"A girl with white hair."

Walking towards Big Ben with her hands in her pockets, Marie looked at the cars whirling past her and her friends.

"A girl with black hair."

Payic followed her as they walked down towards Big Ben.

"A girl with lavender hair."

Serena was on her phone with a smile.

"And a boy with black hair."

Kotaro was behind the rest of the group, always looking over his shoulder.

"They suspect nothing. Everything seems fine."

"Serena," Kotaro said, tapping her shoulder gently. "You should put that phone away. It's easy to steal."

"Wait in a sec, there's something interesting in the news I'm reading about..."

"What is it?" He asked, peering over her shoulder.

"It's about a dragon in Japan." Serena replied, scrolling through the news article.

"What does it say?!" Payic exclaimed, as the group stopped in the middle of the street.

"A purple coloured dragon was seen very late at night in Tokyo yesterday." Serena replied, before Payic snatched her phone off her. "Hey!"

"Guys, not in the middle of here... Let's go to somewhere where we won't be a nuisance." Marie said, guiding the group under a bus stop.

"They suspected a clean victory."

"No..." Payic muttered, shaking her head as she read the article. "No, no, no, no!"

"What is it?" Kotaro asked with urgency.

"Ryuzu, Maverick and Yozora..." Payic covered her mouth. "They... they lost a Zeroth Dragon...!"

"What?!" Serena exclaimed. "But... h-how?!"

"I don't know! Ryuzu didn't even call or message me about it last night..." Payic said worriedly.

"So he was too ashamed, huh." Kotaro nodded his head. Marie put a hand on Payic's shoulder.

"Hey, hey, calm down love." Marie smiled. "It's only one Zeroth Dragon. As long as we get this one, we'll still be one up, right?"

"...right..." Payic gave Serena her phone back, and took out hers. "I'm so sorry guys, I just need to make this phone call..."

"It's okay, take your time." Serena replied, turning off her phone.

"They envisioned four Zeroth Dragons by the end. Yet, now they can only envision three. Misfortune had struck again."

"If it's not too much hassle," Marie said, looking at Serena and Kotaro. "Do either of you how to get to Big Ben?"

"I do." Serena replied. "I did some research last night and memorised the route."

"Ah, good good. We'll split up. I'll go with Kotaro, and you stay with Payic until she's done. Then we'll rendezvous there, since time of the essence."

"Where are we headed?" Kotaro asked, as Marie stood up from her seat.

"We'll be going towards Trafalgar Square."

"What? Weren't we gonna explore Big Ben?" Kotaro asked.

"Well, there's no harm in looking elsewhere." Marie smiled.

"Their train of thought isn't wrong. Being open minded is a clutch. However..."

"England is such a wonderful country!"

A familiar voice cracked up in loud laughter as he danced on the Westminster Bridge.

"Honestly! This kind of place is just my thing..."

His simplistic mask and sand brown cloak gave it all away. The ever so gleeful Spectre had made his appearance. People were going past him, giving strange looks at the hooded man. To British people, it felt somewhat right due to their own strange culture. But to foreigners, it was a peek at the weird side in England.

"I wonder if I can beat another person down to oblivion..." He laughed, remembering the despair on Zeon's face. "Ahh, what a simply cute face... I suppose karma really is a bitch isn't it?"

Giggling like a little girl, Spectre looked over the edge, and stared at his own reflection in the river.

"You get to feel what you inflicted to Inferno those many months ago... Ah, emotions truly are wonderful..."

"They didn't expect the spectre of our group to appear. He comes and goes. Disappears and reappears. The most loyal yet at the same time the most disloyal. We couldn't call him a joke however. He was a valuable piece on the board. A valuable piece with a side effect."

"They... they did what with Maverick?!" Payic exclaimed as she was calling her boyfriend, Ryuzaki.

"They tried killing him... and they would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for our bracelets."

"I..." Payic grit her teeth tightly, feeling anger resonating in her chest. "I want to beat them to death..."

"Heh, we all do." Ryuzaki laughed. "We're actually preparing a flight to England. It's only two hours surprisingly! So, we'll be with you guys soon and help out."

"Yeah... I won't lose this Zeroth Dragon! Never! Not like this!" She exclaimed.

"Your spirit's in the same place as ever." Ryuzaki smiled, nodding. "What's the time where you guys are at?"

"It's nearly 12am." Payic replied.

"Nice, I'll be here around 2pm, okay?"

"Okay!"

"Stay safe!"

"You too. Love you, bye!"

"Heh, I won't stay safe. I'm too smart for it. I love you too. See ya!"

"So, what now?" Serena asked as Payic ended the call.

"We head to Big Ben! I'll contact Marie and Kotaro that we're heading there, you guide us!"

"Alright, let's get the Zeroth Dragon!" Serena grinned.

"They all think it will be fun and games. However, this isn't just fun and games. One move and you lose everything. And Spectre doesn't understand that concept, at all."

"Do you see any signs of the Zeroth Dragon?" Kotaro called out as he and Marie were running around on the modern Trafalgar Square, trying to find the card. There were lots of people here too, either taking lots of pictures or enjoying the sights in London.

"What would we be looking for?" Marie asked.

"Uhhh, mystical lights, big dragons, a random vanguard card?" Kotaro laughed at the fact he was saying any of this.

"These poor two... looking for a card that has already been claimed."

"Ah!" Marie looked at her ringing phone. "Kotaro, we need to head to Big Ben!"

"Damn it..." He sighed, before running to Marie. "Lead the way."

"Everything converges. Everything affects each other. Everything is tightly connected in one spinning web called life. That means our sins are all connected."

The car swerved on the road, before crashing into another one in a freak accident that shook up the people surrounding it. Gasping and shouting emerged as people moved back. Everyone was yelling and getting out of the way, making a chaotic scene in the capital. The wailing of sirens neared the road as people took out their phone and began snapping pictures and videos of what was going on.

"What's going on here...?" Serena stopped as she looked at the car crash.

"First impressions are everything."

"A car crash, I think..." Payic replied, peering around. "Ah, that's great. That dampens our plans."

"What I said was a lie."

"Yo, Payic, Serena!" Kotaro shouted, as the two girls looked around to find the source.

"But what if what I just said was a lie too?"

"Kotaro!" Payic started waving her arms wildly.

"People are easily deceived. That is the lesson of today."

"I love this shiny piece of cardboard!" Spectre yelled, smiling as he waved a card in his hand. "I love Zeroth Dragons!"

"While you all look one direction, you turn a blind eye to another."

"Especially this Zeroth Dragon... Ultima."

"That is how a slow burning accident starts."

"Let's get away from here I guess." Marie sighed, looking around. "I don't think we'll be getting near here anytime soon."

"Turn your eyes away from the accident. Turn your eyes to what you've committed."

"Man, I was kind of excited to get near the Big Ben." Serena said with disappointment.

"Look at me."

"Let's try the Trafalgar Square again?" Kotaro suggested.

"What do you see?"

Leaping from the top of the clock tower, the man with a crow's mask seamlessly flew through the sky. An omen of bad luck had flew past everyone gathered in the area. Making an almost silent entrance, the man disappeared from the crowd's view. The ones lucky to witness it were confused; but the majority was focused on the car crash. He landed in front of the group of Marie, Payic, Serena and Kotaro, while looking at them with a mysterious air.

"That there's only sins. But if you tried harder, you can delete those sins. But no one wants to bother. So, I shall."

"A cloaked figure..." Payic muttered, looking at him with disgust.

"There's one in England too..." Serena clenched her teeth tightly.

"You have come face to face with something you commit everyday."

"Myself?" Kotaro asked, teetering between joking and being serious.

"What would that be?" Marie asked with a raised brow. She stepped forward from the group, as to almost challenging his question.

"Sin."

"Ah, that old word..." Marie laughed. Her deadpan eyes slowly turned into fierce, damning ones, who glared deep into Sin's soul.

"Marie Ainsworth, fight me." Sin took out his FICA and showed it to her.

"I'll play." Marie replied, having a cool smile on. She took out her own FICA, and chucked it on the floor, it opening up into half a fight table. Sin did the same, smashing it on the floor to open it up. The two connected together, forming a full table. "Oi, you three. Be darlings, get outta here and find the Zeroth Dragon. We're against the clock, so this jackass is just being a nuisance and wasting time. We'll meet up back at Big Ben once we're done."

"Such a bold tongue." Sin said.

"Are you sure, Marie?" Payic said.

"Worse has happened to me." Marie replied. "I'm just gonna beat this guy quickly. When you come back here, you better have a Zeroth Dragon!"

"Okay..." Payic nodded. "Stay safe!"

"Follow me!" Kotaro exclaimed, leading the remainders of the group to Trafalgar Square.

"How selfless." Sin said, looking at Marie's friends depart from her.

"Let's get this over quickly," Marie spat with her right hand on her hip. "I didn't want to deal with a wasteman, but I guess I can blow off steam by beating the living shit out of you."

"Let's see if it happens."

"Stand up vanguard!!"

"Neon Messiah!" Marie exclaimed, the vanguard circle expanding white.

"Flutter Deletor, Zuiije!" Sin exclaimed, the vanguard expanding red.

"I'll start. Stand and draw," Marie said. "I ride, Sacrifice Messiah and move Neon Messiah back. End."

Marie:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

Sin:
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw, I ride Gatario and move Zuiije back. Boosted by Zuiije, Gataro attacks! (7000 > 12000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Lie-down Deletor, Given)"

"Damage check! (Myga Messiah)"

"Turn end."

Marie:
OXO
OXO

Sin:
Hand: 6
OXO
OXO

"Would you be so stupid as to give me no counterblast, or just a single one?"

"Stand and draw."

"Either way, I'll still benefit from both."

"I ride Awaking Messiah, and attack! (9000 > 14000)"

"No guard."

"Drive check! (Beloved Child of Superstring Theory) Draw trigger, drawing a card and all to vanguard. (14000 > 19000)"

"Damage check. (Polypod Detelor, Oloron) Stand, all effects to vanguard. (7000 > 12000)"

"Turn end."

Marie:
Hand: 7
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

Sin:
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Clipping Deletor, Evo! Call Gatario! Gatario, attack! Skill, add 3000 power! (7000 > 10000)"

"Guard with Theory! (9000 > 14000)"

"Boosted by Zuiije, Evo! (9000 > 14000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Darkjet Deletor, Greiend)"

"Damage check! (Ideal Ego Messiah)"

"Turn end."

Marie:
Damage: 2
OXO
OXO

Sin:
XXO
OXO

"My turn, stand and draw," Marie drew a card, smiling brightly. "Your name is Sin, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is."

"Then let me show you what the Messiah's judgement to what your sins are. Shine on the world with your radiant light! I ride, Alter Ego Neo Messiah!"

(Ending here)

"This is England, huh..." Ryuzaki looked around the airport. Being day, it was less subjectively less scenic than at night, but it's grandiose made up for it during the day. Having the airport be made up of windows let the blue sky and bright sun shine down upon them.

"...it's so big..." Yozora mumbled, hauling his bag. Maverick followed the two with a stiff neck.

"That's what she said." Ryuzaki said.

"This... feeling..." Yozora thought, looking around. At that moment, he felt discomfort pang within his head. His heart tightened a little as he closed his eyes together. "I've been here before... definitely..."

As if he was being shown a slither of his past life, Yozora could see himself in this airport long ago when he was a child. The edges of his mind was submerged in black, and his hand was being tightly held by a young woman with short hair. The hazy memory wasn't kind to Yozora, as he couldn't see her face. However, he could tell her hair was some shade of red - rather, he was sure of it.

This crack from his amnesia made him stand still in the middle of the airport. It was if time was moving for everyone else but him. His mind was going crazy, trying to rack up more memories than this simplistic shot of him and what he presumed to be his mother together. But it was just a memory that slipped through. A fading truth or lie, that was being exaggerated or maybe downplayed. The pain in his head worsened as he tried remembering more.

But trying to remember it made him struggle. It was like he was drowning under his own will. He wanted to scream, cry and kick his surroundings as he felt himself become breathless by the choking waters of his past. His own personal demons were back to pull him into an unescapable vortex of insanity. Ryuzaki and Maverick looked at the struggling Yozora.

"You believe her to be your mother?"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"You're going crazy over this... you want to be embraced, don't you?"

"No... No... Not... Not by you... N-NOT BY YOU!"

"Stuck in hell for something that not even you know what happened. Here's a simple question, Yozora. What's your real name?"

Next time on Z World:

#20: Reach the Peak

"However, it is imperative of you to know that while I've been busy stalling you in this pointless match, my associates have retrieved the Zeroth Dragon."

"Some people would never understand what I go through. And that's okay."

"So you're not only a tree hugger, but an idol stalker?"

"Some people would never understand what I go through. But they don't need to understand."

"Generation Guard! Large Wheel of the Cosmos, Cosmo Wreath!"

"You lost everything when you talked to me."

"I'm Sin. And the worst sin you've committed is taking apart my face."

================================

A/N

I wonder what people cared about more, Yozora's B Plot or Marie vs Sin...

Marie: I'm gonna beat that loser Sin! Reveal your face you coward!

Sin: No thanks

Marie: Damn... how about if I win, you show who you are?

Sin: No

Marie: Wasteman.

Ughhh, leave the A/N!

Marie: No! I got beef with this Sin bitch, and I gotta resolve it!

Next chapter, next chapter!

Marie: Fine...

Before Sin says something, I'm gonna end it here!!

Sin: Too late

God damn—

That's all, Fox out!

Sin: I'll forever haunt you......

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro