#18: England

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Over there!" Serena shouted, as she looked to her left, seeing a large bipedal dragon appear in the River Thames. It was pure white, with a glow that could be compared to the stars. And yet, it had an aura of despair, as it's golden sword was raised high in the sky. The sun casted its blessing over the dragon, and the crest of Gyze shone like a halo above it's head.

"That's... the Zeroth Dragon?!" Payic exclaimed in shock.

"Let's hurry! We can still get it!" Serena commanded, running quickly as she could.

(Opening here)

"Hello, hello, welcome to home of the Queen, tea, roadmen and right idiots! England!!"

At the Heathrow International Airport, an attractive teenager appearing to be sixteen, had her arms wide open to the small group of Payic, Kotaro and Serena, all of which looked at her confused. Her bleach coloured hair and deadpan turquoise eyes was an odd mix, coupled with the fact she spoke fluent Japanese, Payic began laughing uncomfortably.

"Um, if I can ask," Payic kept laughing as Serena put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "Are you the girl Zeon knows? Marie Ainsworth?"

"Zeon? Ah him! Ishima, right?" She clapped her hands. Not only was her hair white, but her clear skin and cardigan too. However, she wore jeans that were a deep blue, and a fashionable leather belt around her waist. "Yep, that'd be me. Any questions?"

"Umm, what are you doing in England?" Payic asked, leaning forward on her suitcase.

"Complicated backstory that won't be explained; I hope you guys are ready to get swept up in the life of English people!" Marie smiled.

"I... see... Uhh, thanks for putting us in your care!" Payic bowed. Serena followed, as Kotaro gave a simple nod.

"Cut the politeness, no one in here actually really cares," Marie said. "We're all pretty laidback. Don't seem so anxious."

"Right..." Payic nodded. "I'm Payic Ikuo."

"It's nice to meet you, Marie. My name is Serena Hasegawa." Bowing once more, Serena showed her polite personality clearly,

"Kotaro Nogami." The raven haired boy was quite upfront and short to the point.

"Serena, you'll blend right in with a name like yours!" Marie grinned widely at the girl. Her British accent was very apparent, and it was a lot more sophisticated and posh for a Londoner.

"Ah, thank you. Marie is also quite a pretty name."

"Thank you! Anyways, you guys must be exhausted! Come with me, we gotta settle you guys down!"

Marie began leading the group towards the exit of the large airport. The sky was dyed in a black colour, with small stars dotted around, lighting it up. The overwhelming amount of yellow and green lights on made it a very pretty and refreshing sight to the foreign group. It seemed like the ideal time to come to the airport, as it buzzed with people from all sorts of places from the world.

"Where are we headed?" Kotaro asked.

"We're gonna get a black cab back to my place." Marie replied, navigating the group around.

"Black cab? That sounds scary..." Serena mumbled. Marie laughed.

"In short, it's a taxi. The people are harmless."

"Ah, okay. It shouldn't be bad then," Serena said. "But how about our luggage?"

"They'll fit it in there." Marie replied, stepping outside. Since it was now entering the summer season, the air was quite warm and stuffy, even though it was night. "By the way. Don't expect any rain."

"Why?" Payic asked. "Isn't England kind of known for it's rain?"

"Well... Let's just say it's only rained twice the past three months."

"W-what?!"

"I'm just as shocked as you are. I felt like we were in summer rather than spring."

Knocking the tinted window of a black cab, it started to roll down. It's "Taxi" plate on top of the car was lit up a bright yellow, and it's lights turned on.

"Yes, Miss?" The driver asked. He had dark skin and seemed to be a foreigner too.

"Are you free to drive me and my friends to my place?" She asked. Payic and Serena barely could understand the conversation, while Kotaro could somewhat grasp it.

"Ah yea, 'course, 'course." He nodded. "Please come in." His accent gave the impression he was a chav. Scratching his beard, Marie opened the door and let Payic, Serena and Kotaro in first. She entered last. "Where are we headed miss?"

"Westminster, my good sir." Marie replied.

"Alright miss. Anywhere specific?"

"Drop us off near Big Ben."

"Sightseeing this late?" He joked, entering the coordinates into his GPS.

"It's only 8pm, the night is still young." Marie smiled. She had a natural charm to her; an air of genuine friendliness.

"Stay safe then." He began driving the vehicle.

Payic looked out of the window with wide eyes, looking at the new country she was in. Kotaro had his head tilted down and closed his eyes. Serena looked around the cab with curiosity. The journey was a long one, being a gruelling hour and thirty minutes. However, Payic, Serena and Kotaro put this time to good use, sightseeing the parts of London while they were heading towards to the heart of it all.

It was a peaceful and calm journey, with the radio playing in the background to help with the casual atmosphere. Kotaro was entranced by the songs, which was wildly different to Japanese music. Eventually the black cab stopped at a street near Big Ben, and that's where the group got off.

"Well, here we are."

"Thanks for the ride." Marie smiled, taking out her purse. "How much is it?"

"Seventy quid." The driver replied.

"Seventy? I expected more..."

"To be fair, why didn't you take the train? It's cheaper."

"Costs more per person." Marie laughed.

"Ah, that's fair. You're a bright lass."

"Thank you!"

"Do stay safe, by the way. You know how people can get around here."

"Yeah, especially since my friends don't understand english that well..."

"It gets racist, innit?" The driver laughed. "You guys have a fun night."

"Will do~!" Marie got off her seat and left the cab after everyone else. "Thank you!" She shouted, as the cab drove away.

"This country is so interesting!" Payic shouted.

"Not really." Marie replied casually, looking over at the large clock tower. "Keep your stuff close to you, a lot of people will wave their knives around and choar from you at night. Also, stay away from mopeds."

"Mopeds?" Serena asked, as the group began moving down an off beaten path.

"They're like motorcycles but can go on the pavement." Marie replied. "A lot of people choar that way."

"It can't be that bad." Payic laughed it off.

"It is that bad. Even though London is the amazing, advanced,  prosperous and amazing capital of England," Marie said with a sigh. "There's still a large divide between the rich and the poor. And the poor... well. You get the idea."

"I... see." Payic replied. "It's quite different. In Japan, people leave their stuff unguarded and we always respect each other... it seems like in here, people will take advantage of open people."

"Oh, yeah, it's quite different. I used to live in Japan actually. Reason why I know the language pretty well. Mixing in with these folks just helped out my English." Marie chuckled. "Anyways, my house is a little ahead this path."

"Should we be wary of acid attacks?" Kotaro asked. "I heard in the news that it's becoming a real issue."

"Oh, of course. But... to be honest, they don't really occur in this part of London." Marie replied, as the group walked down the lit up streets of London. Cars swerved by them as they exited the crowded area of the city. "There's more stealing in this town, rather than people getting their faces burnt off."

"How about the shankers?" Kotaro asked.

"It's not past 10pm, love." Marie joked.

"You make it sound like England's a horrible place to live in..." Payic muttered, looking at Kotaro.

"I'm just being cautious." He said. "Worst case I can grab a stick and fight with it."

"It wouldn't be the same as an actual sword though." Marie replied.

"I've done kendo before..."

"Well, expect some more violent weapons. Zombie knives, shanks, the whole ten miles."

"Uhh, Marie, where's your house?" Payic asked.

The group had been walking around for twenty minutes, continuing to haul around their luggage around the streets. As they strayed further from the loud and bustling attractions, they were wandering around a more silently eerie town. The cottages they passed had their lights on, and the trees swayed as the wind blew against them. No one was outside. It was just the four of them, relying on Marie to navigate them to her house.

"It should be right round the corner."

Payic shifted her eyes to the house over the corner of the street. It was a modest cottage made out of red bricks, seemingly from the Victorian era due to it's ancient and rustic feeling. The house was ripe with a wise and old personality, being framed by large trees at the front. Payic was impressed at the size - even if it wasn't the same as the mansion she lived in - as it was a considerably large house in comparison to the others she had seen.

Even though it was on a bit of a different and quiet path, it was quite spacious against the other houses besides it, having a front and back garden, with wide stone paths separating it from the other houses. Marie walked down the cobble slab path made in the front garden, and approached the front door. Taking out a gold key from her cardigan's pocket, she put it into the lock and twisted it, opening the front door and entering the house with a proud look on her face.

"Mum, dad, I'm home!" She chirped loudly. Payic, Serena and Kotaro followed after her, being polite to take off their shoes outside. Marie closed the door behind them and locked it. Payic looked around for a shoe rack to put her heels in, while Kotaro just put his shoes on the welcome mat.

"Welcome home sweetheart." Marie's father hugged his daughter tightly from behind. Marie laughed.

"Dad, stop it!"

Payic looked at the man - he seemed to be a pure Englishman, with noticeably greying hair and a wrinkled face with no Eastern features. His eyes were large and brown, with a pair of spectacles hanging around his neck. This discord between the daughter and father's appearance surprised her. Her mother entered, having short cut, brown, and wavy hair. She wiped her hands on a white tea towel, and had a black apron on over her yellow jumper. She then looked at Marie, who didn't resemble her either.

"Is... she adopted?" She thought. "No, no... that'd be rude of me to think. Then again, she used to live in Japan..."

"Ah, are these your friends?" Her mother asked, with Marie nodding. The three put down their bags and suitcases, and stood behind Marie. Payic and Serena still had no clue what they were saying, while Kotaro could make out some of it.

"Yes, mum. They can't speak English, so I'll be the middle-man, or rather, woman, and translate." Marie grinned. "Introduce yourself, guys."

"Ah, it's nice to meet you, Mrs and Mr Ainsworth... I'm Payic Ikuo."

"Hello, and thank you for letting us stay at your house." Serena bowed. "My name is Serena Hasegawa."

Marie translated for the two to her parents.

"It's good to meet you too, Payic, Serena." Mr. Ainsworth said with a warm smile.

"Good evening. I am Kotaro Nogami." Kotaro spoke in english with a butchered accent. Marie was surprised, and clasped her hands.

"Wow, Kotaro! I didn't know you spoke english!"

"I know just a little. Lots of English lessons." Kotaro said. The two parents clapped.

"Very impressive mate. Kotaro, was it?" Mr. Ainsworth asked.

"Yes, Mr. Ainsworth."

"Don't lay a finger on my daughter... or else..." He snarled at the young man, trying to scare him away. Kotaro didn't break a sweat.

"Dad... I don't think scaring him is a good idea..." Marie said, before apologising to Kotaro.

"I have no clue what's going on..." Payic thought. "Mrs. Ainsworth?" She asked, trying to speak in english.

"Yes, Payic?" She replied. Payic pointed at her bags and suitcases. Marie's mother smiled and pointed upstairs.

"You can put them up there love." She started doing hand gestures to assist her. Payic got the basic idea and nodded. She nudged Serena and the two girls began walking up the stairs.

"Mr. Ainsworth, I have no intention of "laying my finger" on Marie." Kotaro replied.

"Good..."

"Ah, don't worry about my dad Kotaro. He's just overprotective of me." Marie said to Kotaro in Japanese. "Also, Payic, there's spare rooms upstairs. One for girls and one for boys."

"Thanks!" Payic smiled, mid way up the staircase. Marie turned on the lights for upstairs so the two girls didn't have too.

"What did you say, Marie?" Mr. Ainsworth asked.

"Ah, nothing dad~" Marie smiled cheekily, as his dad laughed.

"Well, you kids get unpacking. My wife here just prepared dinner, so you can join us." Marie began translating for them.

After the group unpacked, settled down, and had something to eat, they began to take turns showering and bathing, Payic was sitting with Marie, watching English TV in a fascinated state. She was in her baby blue pyjamas, slightly embarrassed wearing these in front of everyone. Marie was still in her casual clothes, as she decided to bathe last.

"This is so... weird!"

"The shows after 11pm get really strange." Marie spoke as she ate some crisps from a large packet. "A lot less intense gameshows."

"I think it's partly because I don't understand a thing..."

"Heh, no good in English class?" Marie said.

"Worst grades I got in school." Payic laughed.

"I actually wasn't interested in those kinds of lessons until I had to move to England. I knew the foundations, but diving so much deeper... I realise languages are a wonder of life."

"Oh, um... about you moving to England," Payic said. "You said you wouldn't explain but... I'm still curious."

"Curious about why I'm here?" Marie asked.

"Yeah... I don't mean to be rude, but... are you adopted?"

"Yep."

"Oh! Why?"

"It's a bit of an embarrassing story..." Marie admitted with red cheeks. "You see, during the Яeverse situation, I was so deep into despair I just let myself lose and become part of it. I ended up fighting Masaru and Яeversing him... but then his older brother, Makoto, beat me and freed us from the Яeverse. So, they decided to help me out by getting me adopted by some people they knew in England, and the rest is history."

"Oh, I remember the Яeverse alright... I was Яeversed myself." Payic laughed. "It... wasn't a fun time."

"We've all been affected by it I think." Marie thought out loud.

"Serena was actually fighting against the source of it - or what we thought was the source." Payic said. "I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you this, since this is a massive secret but... the Яeverse comes from this entity from Cray named the Void. He was the mastermind of it all, and invaded a human boy named Backlion and they shared a body. We all thought it was him, but in reality it was Ayato."

"Ayato... I've heard that name before."

"He's the Dragon Empire Branch Leader in Japan. Anyways, this guy named Yza..."

"Oh, I know him!" Marie laughed, remembering him. "He was on live TV with that feature match where he asked that girl if her boobs were real! That was hilarious!"

"...tragically I am that girl."

"Oh my gosh!" Marie began howling with laughter.

"A-anyways..." Payic stammered, covering her chest with her arms. "H-he did the unthinkable and jumped into this portal to Cray with Ayato. Then everything stopped. We clued together that Ayato was the Void and Yza had probably beat him... however, Yza never came back from Cray, while Ayato did."

"So, what happened to Ayato?"

"He was back to his real self - no longer a puppet to the Void. He worked hard to better himself... but there's also Yza and Backlion, both of which we don't know where they are. Ryuzaki says Backlion is off in another planet, but we just laugh at that and say he's crazy." Payic said.

"Ryuzaki?" Marie raised a brow.

"Ah, he's my boyfriend... he's the son of Ryuzu Myoujin." Payic replied.

"Myoujin as in... that Myoujin?!" Marie said.

"Yep. Feel free to doubt, it sounds so crazy that even I don't think any of this is happening..."

"No, no, I'm just surprised. Your life sounds so bombastic." Marie commented with a smile. "Compared to mine... it seems so much more chaotic."

"It really is." Payic sighed. "We're still recovering from all the events those eight months ago."

"And you're now searching for Zeroth Dragons..." Marie giggled. "This kinds of excites me a little bit, Payic."

"It's gonna be a rocky road." Payic smiled. "But, I believe we'll make it out alive."

"Let's hope none of those masked guys or Masaru's girlfriend comes out to play." Marie sighed with a slump.

"Masaru has a girlfriend?" Payic raised a brow.

"Inside joke." Marie winked.

(Ending here)

"Every inch of this city is hidden with something disgusting... I hate it all... I will delete it all... all these people..."

Standing in the middle of the ancient cloak tower under the rain, a man with a dark grey crow mask looked up into the ominous night sky. The dark grey clouds that spat upon him drenched his sand brown cloak. It was as if God himself looked down upon this person for what he had embodied. This man was tightly concealed, with his hood up and his body being hidden by the cloak. His sinister eyes glimmered blood red under the moonlight.

"They're all sins."

Next time on Z World:

#19: Delete

"A purple coloured dragon was seen very late at night in Tokyo yesterday."

"Would you be so stupid as to give me no counterblast, or just a single one?"

"Ahh, what a simply cute face... I suppose karma really is a bitch isn't it?"

"You have come face to face with something you commit everyday."

"You believe her to be your mother?"

"Especially this Zeroth Dragon... Ultima."

"Let's get this over quickly," Marie spat with her right hand on her hip. "I didn't want to deal with a wasteman, but I guess I can blow off steam by beating the living shit out of you."

================================

A/N

I think this'll be my favourite arc of Z World!

(I swear it's not England bias)

Anyways, the ever so lovely Marie Ainsworth is an OC by Taddle_Fantasy and the brave sole male Kotaro Nogami is an OC by KRX350!

Thanks for letting me use em, guys!~

Also, I'm surprised I haven't seen an OC yet.

Masaru: You were saying?

Oh shit, he's back

Masaru: IZANOKU IS NOT MY GIRLFRIEND! WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THAT LINE!

Marie: *sipping on tea*

MASANOKU IS A GOOD SHIP REEEEEEE

*meanwhile in Portugal*

Izanoku: Hey Zak, how about we force Callum to wear this? :3 *shows off a very sparkly bright pink dress*

Zak: ...I really do wonder if the ship with you and Masaru has gotten to you...

Izanoku: If you weren't being harassed by Astolfo plushies that call you gay, I'd leave you in Portugal all by yourself~

Zak: Admit it, you like him!

Izanoku: I do not! Sure he was a little cool, but someone like me couldn't ever go out with him...

Zak: I know you better than the back of my hand, sis. A little cool means you thought he was super duper cool! He's totally your type too! If this were an anime, you'd be a misjudged young maiden with a tragic scar that hasn't left you, and that has led you down a dark path. But your childhood friend, the passionate, red haired protagonist, is a hero who stops evil by enforcing the law. He also happens to be your star-crossed lover, promised to marry you during a sweet moment in your childhood, but in these current situations, you two can't be together because he's your enemy! Eventually, you two understand each other and fulfil your promise, getting married happily ever after! How tragically beautiful of a love story is that?

Izanoku: ...you read too many light novels.

Zak: It's the best way to kill time. I'd name the series "Circumstances".

Izanoku: Get a life.

*meanwhile in A/N*

Masaru: *brutally battering Fox with mean words*

*crying* Someone send help! Masaru is being a meanie!

Ryu: Hey, hey Masaru. *puts his hands on Masaru's shoulders* I get you're frustrated. You got roped into a ship you didn't want to be in. But...

Masaru: But what?

Ryu: I still support Masanoku. I wish you guys the best of luck in the future.

Masaru: ...even my own brother in arms gave up on me...

Ryu: Welp, since Fokkun is dead...

I'M NOT DEAD!

Ryu: That's all, Fox out!

THATS MY LINE! AND STOP LETTING CHARACTERS GET INTO THE A/N!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro