#21: Ultima

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Don't.. disappear..."

With heaving breaths, Marie continued to chase Sin down the streets of the bustling city. She had to admit that the man was very quick, not being able to catch up to him.

"You're... you're the old United Sanctuary Branch Leader..."

Sin continued his reckless zigzagging in the streets. Having no sense of danger, he crossed roads without a second thought, weaved past people without a care, and left Marie behind.

"I swear... I swear you're him! The faces say everything!"

Marie continued to agonisingly run after Sin. Her legs, while being slim and supple, couldn't run in these conditions. She was wearing tight blue jeans and boots with heels, which weren't a great combination for chasing the light footed Sin.

"You're Kaiko Rimen! No doubt about it!!"

(Opening here)

"Stand and draw," Spectre picked up a card. "I ride, Daellad, Vicreau moves and end."

Spectre:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
Ritual: 0
OXO
OXO

Yozora:
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Daidarabotchi! I move Mezu back and attack! (7000 > 12000)"

"A Star Gate clan... so, you're the possessor of Stark?" Spectre laughed. "No guard."

"And let me guess... a United Sanctuary clan... you have the Zeroth Dragon we're after..."

"Very well done on stating the obvious. Would you like a reward?"

"Can I punch you in the face?"

"Don't be so hasty, Yozora. Punching me in the middle of a Cardfight..." Spectre snickered. "It won't do anyone any good."

"Tch, drive check! (Black Turtle Star Demon Series, Genbu)"

"Damage check! (Dragwizard, Gaunan)"

"Turn end."

Spectre:
Damage: 1
Ritual: 0
OXO
OXO

Yozora:
Hand: 6
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Slaptail! I call, Gaunan to rear-guard and use his skill! Counterblast and discard Mauthe, I draw two cards. I call, Morfessa and Daellad. Morfessa attacks! (9000)"

"Kameosa! (7000 > 17000)"

"Boosted by Vicreau, Slaptail! (9000 > 14000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Belial Owl) Critical trigger! Power to Gaunan, Critical to vanguard! (9000 > 14000)(1★ > 2★)"

"Damage checks! (Large Star Demon Series, Nozuchi, Flame Wheel Star Demon Series, Wanyudo) Critical, all effects to vanguard! (7000 > 12000/1★ > 2★)"

"Boosted by Daellad, Gaunan attacks! (14000 > 21000)"

"Stardust Nurse! (12000 > 22000)"

"Turn end."

Spectre:
Hand: 4
Ritual: 1
XXX
OXX

Yozora:
Damage: 2
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Futakuchi-onna! Attack Gaunan! (9000 > 14000)"

"Damage denial game won't get you anywhere! Morfessa, intercept, Belial Owl, guard! (9000 > 24000)"

"Drive check! (Hollow Star Demon Series, Enenra) Turn end."

Spectre:
Hand: 3
OXX
OXX

Yozora:
OXO
OXO

As Marie continued to chase after Sin, she was surprised at how well versed he was in the area. Even though she had lived in London for almost a year, even Marie was having difficulty following him as he went into places that not even she knew existed.

"Damn it... there's no use, is there?"

She stopped at the edge of a tiled pavement, slowly watching Sin get further away. Her eyelids sank over her dull eyes, as she gave a loud sigh. Looking around, Marie slapped a hand on her cheek, wincing slightly.

"He's lead me so far away from everyone. Was this all on purpose? Did he try splitting me up with everyone else?"

Sin continued to run away from Marie. He would look over his shoulder every so often to check if she was still following him. After confirming he had lost her, Sin flicked his head back, letting his hood rest on his shoulders. Under the fiery sun, his long, blood coloured hair seemed to glow crimson. It was, in it's own unique way, beautiful.

"Would they believe me if I said one of the cloaked figures was Kaiko?"

Using his right hand to detach the part of his mask Marie had slapped off, Sin looked up into the clear blue sky. His pale lips formed into a small smile, as he laughed to himself. It was almost sinister, that the person underneath the crow mask was Kaiko Rimen.

"He died... didn't he? So how is he alive? What's his motive in being part of this scheme between these shadowy figures? I don't understand... none of this should be happening..."

"I should've worn a balaclava like Izo."

"I need to phone Payic..."

Spectre and Yozora continued their battle, with Ryuzaki and Maverick watching helplessly. Frozen in place, all they could do was shout and encourage Yozora to win the cardfight. The buzzing feeling of excitement twirled around Spectre's body, and made him let loose with cold energy. Yozora on the other hand silently calculated his every moves, while trying not to look at his opponent out of sheer disgust.

"Victory is the only salvation for me. I ride, Dragfall, Luard!" The vanguard circle expanded black. Yozora looked at the card without flinching. "Boosted by Daellad, Gaunan attacks! (9000 > 16000)"

"No guard! (Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me)"

"Boosted by Vicreau, Luard! (11000 > 16000) Fallen Fruition!"

"No guard!"

"Twin Drive!! (Dragwizard, Fuamnach, Dragsaver, Esras)"

"Damage check! (Protector Star Demon Series, Zashiki-warashi)"

"Turn end."

Spectre:
OXX
OXX

Yozora:
Damage: 4
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! Star that illuminates the night sky, burn up and become the "me" I want to be! I ride, Ignite Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai!" The vanguard circle expanded light blue. "Generation, Stride! Regal Dragon of Star Demon Series, Yamata no Orochi! Stride skill, I counterblast and reveal the top four cards of my deck, (Large Star Demon Series, Nozuchi, Black Turtle Star Demon Series, Genbu, Stardust Nurse, Flame Wheel Star Demon Series, Wanyudo) I call Nozuchi! He gets 5000 power, (11000 > 16000) and I put the rest to the drop zone. Call, Genbu!"

"So, this is the famous Stardust Knight? I imagined it to be more... exciting."

"This excites me just fine. Yamata no Orochi's skill! Counterblast, G Persona Blast and mill the top three cards of deck! (Shape-shifting Star Demon Series, Bakeneko, Landscaping Star Demon Series, Daidarabotchi, Fiery Soul Star Demon Series, Janjanbi) I'll return 6 cards from the drop zone to deck, and shuffle! I reveal the top two cards and call them to rear-guard! (Hollow Star Demon Series, Enenra, Possessed Star Demon Series, Kameosa) Call both and use Kameosa's skill! Soulblast and put two cards to the bottom of my deck and he gets 5000 power! (4000 > 9000) Okay... I'm ready."

"Star Demon Series, hm?"

"What about them?"

"Considering who you are, Yozora... you're like a demon."

"I'm nothing like a demon."

"Your horns... they might be invisible to people you love, but the people you truly hate... they're clear as day."

"Shut up, boosted by Enenra, Nozuchi attacks! (16000 > 23000) His skill, I put a card from my drop zone to bottom of my deck and countercharge!"

"No guard! (Dragfall, Luard)"

"Boosted by Mezu, Yamata no Orochi! (26000 > 31000)"

"Esras, Perfect Guard!"

"Triple drive! (Flame Wheel Star Demon Series, Wanyudo) Critical, all to Genbu! (9000 > 14000/1★ > 2★) (Hungry Star Demon Series, Futakuchi-onna, Fiery Soul Star Demon Series, Janjanbi) A second critical, all to Genbu! (14000 > 19000/2★ > 3★) Alright, boosted by Kameosa, Genbu! (19000 > 28000/3★)"

"Generation Guard! Dragwiser, Bronach! Checking top five cards of deck, and calling all grade 1 or lower cards to guard! Call, Fuamnach! (11000 > 26000 > 31000)"

"Kameosa returns to my deck. I end my turn."

Spectre:
Ritual: 4
OXX
OXX

Yozora:
Hand: 6
XXX
XXX

"Stand and draw. Luard's Ritual X! Putting a card to the bottom of my deck, and I can Stride for free! AWAKEN! Strength found from within, manifest yourself in our intertwined life! Cross it, loathe it, destroy it, Dragabyss, Luard!!" The vanguard circle exploded in a sludge black with red sparkles. "On stride skill, counterblast and calling Iucharba! Retiring Nozuchi!"

"Done."

"Skill of Dragabyss! Soulblast and G Persona Blast, I retire Daellad and superior call, two Daellad's to rear-guard! Skill of Iucharba, I put the retired Daellad into soul! Skill of the two called Daellad's, soulblast two and draw two cards. Dragabyss' skill, retire Genbu!"

"Done... what's your Ritual?"

"Ritual 7. Dragabyss' Generation Break 3! Adding 10000 power to the front row! (7000 > 17000) (26000 > 36000) (9000 > 19000) Boosted by Daellad, Gaunan! (19000 > 26000)"

"Mezu's skill on rear-guard! I move him to guardian circle, and put Genbu and Nozuchi to the bottom of my deck! He gains shield equal to their combined shield! (11000 > 21000 > 26000) Then, I'll add Enenra! (26000 > 31000) When Mezu is moved to drop zone from guardian circle, I return him to deck, shuffle it and draw a card."

"Boosted by Vicreau, Dragabyss! (26000 > 31000) Shadow Storm!"

"Zashiki-warashi, Perfect Guard!"

"Triple drive! (Dragfencer, Dagda, Abyssal Owl, Dragwizard, Morfessa) Nothing... Boosted by Iucharba, Daellad! Skill of Iucharba, adding 3000 power! (17000 > 27000)"

"No guard! (Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me)"

"Turn end. Belial Owl's to the bottom of my deck."

Spectre:
Hand: 9
Ritual: 7
XXX
XXX

Yozora:
Damage: 5
OXO
XOX

"Stand and draw..."

"I've lost... my deck doesn't have the pushing power to get him to 6 this turn..."

"No. There is still a way."

"Is it by accepting you? Because I sure as hell won't."

"Yozora."

"Don't say my name so freely, bitch. You should know your place."

"...I understand you hate me. And I probably don't help the situation."

"Wow, you're being self-aware now? How fitting for a liar like you."

"Yozora... Please stop it... I just want to-"

"I don't give a damn about what you say. You betrayed me, dumbass. You took my trust and manipulated me. People like you should really drop dead and die."

"...even though you say these harsh words, I can't help but smile and still love you. Your hostility is admirable."

"It'd be in your favour to shut up."

"Just use me. I'll close the game."

"I don't want too... I can't..."

"I'm a terrible person. But you are too. Let's work together once more, and fix each other's flaws. We're both demons in this world."

"I'm not a demon... I'm nothing like you..."

"Let me teach you... why you're a demon."

Within Yozora's mind, was him and his secondary voice in a dark room. A pair of pink lips tenderly kissed his cheek repeatedly as he was on his legs, screaming with hands around his head. The shrill screeches from his throat and overflowing tears drove him insane, as his glasses dropped to the floor, causing the room around him to turn white. Hugging Yozora tightly was a demon who looked like a human. She had a slender body with black hair and feathers growing from her pale arms. She was naked, with her body pressing against Yozora's back and her arms folded around his torso. Her thick lashed eyes opened slowly, revealing green irises.

"I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it WHY DO YOU LOVE ME I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it ROSES ARE RED VIOLETS ARE BLUE I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I WROTE THIS POEM JUST FOR YOU I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster CENTRE OF MY WORLD HEART OF MY JOY I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster WOULD YOU STILL ACCEPT ME I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster EVEN IF I LOST MY MIND I won't do it I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MYSELF I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster CUZ I'M TRAPPED WITHIN THIS MAZE CALLED MY MIND I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster SILENTLY I CRY I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster I won't do it BUT DID YOU REALISE THAT I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster ROSES ARE RED VIOLETS ARE BLUE I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster I don't want to become a monster I WROTE THIS POEM FOR US TWO I don't want to become a monster I won't do it CENTRE OF MY SANITY HEART OF MY LIFE I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I won't do it I DON'T WANT TO BECOME A MONSTER."

"Your face..."

Growing from Yozora's temples were large blue horns, and spewing from his mouth was a thick blue substance. It was thin, like blood, yet had a body to it similar to mucus. His hoarse voice could barely say anything, as his clothes slowly tore apart, leaving him nude within the white box as well. Soon, flowers bloomed from the ground, ceiling and sides, all of which being daffodils. The yellow buds sprouted into beautiful petals, and filled the room. The girl disappeared into fine stardust, and Yozora laid in the garden he had grown. With his head faced to the left, he let out a weak cry, and his horns broke into pieces that resembled glass shards.

"I need to keep evolving... if I don't, everyone will leave me behind..."

His lips quivered as he stared at the yellow flower. His long, blue hair fell over his eyes, which were releasing a flood of tears without stopping. He was sobbing with minimal noise, while the daffodils sang a solemn song together. With his shaking lips, Yozora hacked a loud cough with blood in it. Being infected by the red found in Yozora's veins, the daffodils began turning red, and slowly morphed. Soon, the garden turned into a field of red roses, and Yozora grabbed at one. Choking it at the stalk, it began a violent reaction of becoming white, and soon withered within his palms.

"I'm scared of being alone."

That single rose he crushed in his hand soon spread to the rest, leaving him in a field of white-withered roses. Slowly, Yozora began to stand up with his shaking body, wiping his tears with weak hands. His legs wobbled as he tried standing his ground in the bed of flowers. Being slowly immersed back into reality, he looked up to see Spectre stand his units and draw a card.

Spectre:
Hand: 7
Ritual: 7
XXX
XXX

Yozora:
Damage: 5
XXX
XXX

"You really left no impact."

"I didn't even remember doing that turn..."

(Play song in media here)

"Luard's Ritual X! I'll put a card from my drop zone to the bottom of my deck!" The card put to the bottom of the deck began glowing a bright yellow. "Now, I can Ultimate Stride for free!"

"W-what...?" Yozora raised a brow as his face went ghostly white. "Such a skill... exists?!"

"It sure as hell does." Spectre smirked. "The cost is putting a card from my drop zone to the bottom of my deck! I'll put my future on the line to win the fight! If I don't win, all the cards in my Generation Zone will disappear! Devour my future and manifest! United Sanctuary's Zeroth Dragon, Ultimate Stride! Zeroth Dragon of Zenith Peak, Ultima!" The vanguard circle exploded in a black-yellow colour.

"It was during this same day I found out Sin is Kaiko, was the same day Ultima had awakened."

"U-Ultima...?" Yozora gasped with a weak smile.

"This is the Zeroth Dragon everyone's after... and it's right in these hands."

"I'm sorry... I wasn't strong enough to beat him..." Yozora said with a breathless voice.

"It's okay, Japanese Justin Bieber. As Yza would say..." Ryuzaki coughed, staring at the Zeroth Dragon. "O' bloody hell mate, we done absolute shite!"

"Over there!" Serena shouted, as she looked to her left, seeing a large bipedal dragon appear in the River Thames. It was pure white, with a glow that could be compared to the stars. And yet, it had an aura of despair, as it's golden sword was raised high in the sky. The sun casted its blessing over the dragon, and the crest of Gyze shone like a halo above it's head.

"That's... the Zeroth Dragon?!" Payic exclaimed in shock.

"Let's hurry! We can still get it!" Serena commanded, running quickly as she could.

"When did it come alive?!" Kotaro exclaimed as he ran over to the bridge with Serena.

"Let me call Marie! We've got a change of plans..." Payic said drearily.

"Ultima's skill! Counterblast two, searching my deck for four cards, and call two! Appear, Fuamnach and Fuamnach! Then, I'll put the rest on top of my deck."

"I... I can't win..."

"You can do it Yozora! I believe in you!" Ryuzaki shouted.

"Guard and win!" Maverick bellowed.

"They believe in you. And so do I. ♥︎"

"Boosted by Fuamnach, Gaunan! (9000 > 23000)"

"Generation Guard! Shield Star Demon Series, Rokurokubi! (11000 > 26000)"

"Boosted by Iucharba, Fuamnach! (14000 > 24000)"

"Janjanbi, Bakeneko! (11000 > 26000)"

"Ultima, attack! (36000 > 41000) Sweeping Cross!!"

"Zashiki-warashi, Perfect Guard!"

Ultima heaved his chest back, lifting his sword even higher, before letting it cut through the river and making the water rise into the sky and splash onto the roads like a flood.

"Triple drive! (Belial Owl, Cursed Eye Raven, Belial Owl) Triple triggers... You see, Yozora. Ultima's skill means when I reveal a trigger, I apply every effect to my units. This means everyone will get 15000 power, 2 criticals and restand! (14000 > 29000/1★ > 3★) (7000 > 22000/1★ > 3★) (36000 > 51000/1★ > 3★) (5000 > 20000/1★ > 3★) (9000 > 24000/1★ > 3★) (14000 > 29000/1★ > 3★)"

"No... that overwhelming strength... I don't even have a hand to guard it..."

"Take the damage while falling to the ground, you pathetic demon! Boosted by Iucharba, Fuamnach! (29000 > 54000/3★)"

"No guard... damage check... (Ignite Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai) Y-you... win..."

"Of course I did... Victory is assured for me, and not some impudent brat like you. Thinking you can stand your ground against me... you are one foolish demon."

Yozora fell to his knees as Spectre cackled with pride. The Zeroth Dragon disappeared from the waters, as Ryuzaki and Maverick shouted at Spectre, demanding a fight.

"But on that same day... we still struggled against the odds, to retrieve Ultima from the grasp of Spectre."

(Ending here)

Serena and Kotaro sprinted towards the fallen Yozora and at the masked opponent he had faced.

"Who the hell are you?!" Kotaro demanded, curling his hand into a fist. Serena ran past Spectre to help Yozora up.

"Me? I am Spectre. It's a pleasure to meet you, Kotaro Nogami."

Catching the fist Kotaro had thrown with ease, Spectre froze Serena and Yozora in place, in addition to Ryuzaki and Maverick. However, Kotaro was able to jump back and move his body.

"Hey... is it just me, or did it feel like you've been bound by... Weights? Chains?" Serena asked, trying to break free of his lock.

"That's the point of it. You won't escape if you can't move..."

"Why... Why am I the only one who can move?" Kotaro roared as he tried throwing another fist.

"We've met before, "Kotaro"." Spectre said as he caught Kotaro's second punch. Air whipped Kotaro's face as he stared at Spectre in a mellow daze. His two eyes widened, before Kotaro once again jumped back. His body shuddered.

"Fire..."

"You're the only one left who can move... what can you do in a situation like this?"

"What did he mean... with that infliction on my name?"

"Monster. You're just like Yozora... a cowardly monster pretending to be human."

"Monster...?" Kotaro thought, his own body unable to move.

"Just like Yozora, the mere mention of something you don't remember will freeze you. There's no point in wasting energy on those who are weak, yet..."

"Something I don't remember... does that mean my past?"

"These weaklings won't stay put, just like how I used to be... struggling, under the weight of two people. Why retaliate? Just stay put... it's easier, for everyone."

"I..."

"...fail to see why you continue to struggle."

"Cardfight me, SPECTRE!" Kotaro roared with passion. "No... I'll struggle because... They all struggled instead..."

Next time on Z World:

Question and Answers 3

Submit your questions now!

================================

A/N

Well, that wraps up volume 3. Did you enjoy it?!

I know I did, writing it. Also, thanks to Little_Cute_Cookie for the name of Dragabyss' attack~

Spectre: I've actually got a good fight record in this book!

Marie: I've enjoyed my time here.

Ugh, more OCs.

Oh yeah, we're gonna do a quick skit since Inu is the only C4 member left in the mansion. Okay! Is everyone ready for: The Daily Chronicles of Inu Blaze?!

Inu: Someone got my name right? Nani?

I can easily say Iku.

Inu: Fair nuff... Wait, this Authors Note is for me?

Go wild buddy.

Inu: Okay! When Ryuzaki, Payic and Maverick aren't in the Mansion, this is what I do! I wake up at 2pm, and check my phone for messages. Then, I brush my teeth and have breakfast at 4pm, before deciding that I want to have lunch at the same time, so I'm having brunch at 4:30pm. Then, I decide to do something productive - a.k.a play video games! I spend about 2 hours on that, then it becomes 6pm. I go outside to pick up some stuff, run a few errands, and then come back home at 7pm. I order Chinese takeaway (hey Kurakuya!) for dinner since I can't cook and Payic isn't here, eat some food, then go ahead and take a long soak in the bathtub for 2 hours. That will bring us to 10pm, where I then check my phone again, maybe chat to some online friends, then hit the bed at 4am before repeating the process.

...okay.

Inu: Also, I do pray at shrines.

Too in-depth... so, when do you go to the toilet?

Inu: In the morning, after dinner and before bed.

Okay! That's the Daily Chronicles of Inu Blaze!

Ryu: Didn't I have a Chronicle book?

...sHHH WE DON'T MENTION THAT

Ryu: Hai hai. It was fun sending people into the authors note. Thanks for everyone being good sports and enjoying it!

Wait, you're gonna stop?

Ryu: Yeah. Then I'll start back again in volume 4 :^)

RYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Ryu: yEESH, THATS ALL, FOX OUT!

THATS MY LINE! GET BACK HERE!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro