#36: Pride

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Yozora, Chiharu, Shika, you three, get outta there now!!" Inu barked on his phone, gritting his teeth as he watched Zak and Sin walk away from the school.

"Understood!" Shika exclaimed into the phone that was pressed against his ear.

Currently, Shika, Yozora and Chiharu were all lumped together inside a classroom with their bags, waiting for when the coast was clear to leave the building. Shika turned his attention back to his friend, and gave a confirming nod to the couple; Yozora and Chiharu giving a nod back to show they understood. Not long after, the group left the classroom and began running down the corridors with haste, Shika leading them to the front of the school.

As they went outside, the rain continued to descend as it danced in the sky and dropped on them fiercely. Chiharu took out a pink umbrella from her bag and opened it, shielding both her and Yozora from the rain, while Shika opened the red umbrella in his hands and grinned feverishly at the two. From across the school, Inu waved at them with a thumbs up, causing Shika to wave back in response.

"Me and Yozocchi are gonna walk home now." Chiharu announced, taking Yozora's hand. "Stay safe, Shika."

"You guys as well," Shika said, taking out his ringing phone and answering. "Hey, Inu. We're gonna head back home now."

"Alright. Should me and Riku accompany you guys are you good by yourselves?" Inu replied with his phone against his ear.

"Nah, we should be good." Shika said, looking at Yozora and Chiharu who began to walk away. "Thanks for the offer though. I'll call you if anything comes up."

"Yeah, sure. Stay safe." Inu said, ending the call.

"See you guys tomorrow!" Shika exclaimed to his friends. Yozora and Chiharu looked over their shoulders and smiled, waving a little. Shika grinned and left in the opposite direction, back to his house.

(Opening here)

With the skies slowly clearing up from the rain, Chiharu put away her umbrella and inhaled the sweet smell of the dew that frosted over the patches of grass from gardens that were near her house. Yozora ruffled his slightly damp hair and breathed a sigh of relief, knowing they were safe after zigzagging through a maze of paths to reach familiar territory. Walking another straight line and taking a corner bend, Chiharu squealed with excitement. Yozora followed, and began picking up the pace once they reached a row of urban, modern houses that were sleek in design and large and spacious. Walking a bit further down to a more modest, quartz white house slated with a good roof with a sharp appearance, Yozora and Chiharu quickly ran towards the aquamarine gates with a thrilling excitement shining in their eyes.

"Home sweet home!" Chiharu squealed, looking through her purse to find the house keys. However, leaning on the gates was an unexpected visitor, Inferno. The appearance of the hooded figure turned Chiharu's gleeful face into burning anger, while Yozora cringed slightly, as his eyes slowly glazed over with murky worry. Slowly, he took out his phone from the inside of his blazer's pocket, and began to search through his contact list.

"Welcome home." Inferno said, peeling his back away from the gate as he began to strut towards them. Chiharu took a brave step forward, even though Yozora tried to keep her back by holding her hand tightly.

"Inferno!" Chiharu exclaimed, taking out her FICA from her purse. "I'm assuming your after revenge from when we took your Zeroth Dragon in America. How pathetic do you have to be to wait outside someone's house?!"

"Revenge is just a bonus. I'm here for Drachma." Inferno said, taking out his FICA. "It's a tactical decision. Instead of me coming to you, I'll let you come to me. My intention was just a cardfight anyways, and it looks like you took the hint. Let's play."

"Either way, I'm protecting Yozora from having to fight you again." Chiharu said. "That to me is most important!"

"You don't care for your Zeroth Dragon? Just hand it over then, so we don't have to go through the trouble of a cardfight."

"Listen to me! I called it the most important. It doesn't mean I don't care. It just means I'll protect both Yozora and this Zeroth Dragon in this fight!"

"Whatever you say. I'll kill two birds with one stone in this fight if that's the case." Inferno said, turning his FICA into half a fight table. "Once I'm done with you, I'll fight Yozora next."

"You wouldn't dare..." Chiharu growled.

"Yes I would." Inferno said. "I'll take both yours and his Zeroth Dragons. How does that sound?"

"Grr... Don't underestimate me, Inferno! I'm stronger than I look!" Chiharu barked, throwing down her FICA. It turned into the other half of a fight table, and connected with Inferno's half. "If Yozora can beat you, then I can beat you as well!"

"And don't underestimate me either." Inferno said, shuffling his deck. "Good luck, Chiharu."

"Don't try and mock me with that "good sport" attitude." Chiharu said, shuffling her deck.

"It's just how I am. Actually... a sign of my gratitude for accepting this challenge, I'll let you choose who to go first." Inferno said, looking at his hand of cards.

"You start us off." Chiharu said, drawing five cards from the top of the deck.

"Alright." Inferno said.

"Stand up, Vanguard!"

"Lizard Soldier, Conroe!" Inferno exclaimed, the vanguard circle expanding orange.

"Stealth Dragon, Madoi!" Chiharu exclaimed, the vanguard circle expanding red.

"I ride, Doom Bringer High Flame and slide Conroe back. I end."

Inferno:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OXO

Chiharu:
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Stealth Beast, Katarigitsune! Madoi moves and I attack! (7000 > 12000)"

"No guard."

"Drive check! (Stealth Beast, Katarigitsune)"

"Damage check. (Seal Dragon, Artpique) Draw, all to vanguard and draw a card. (7000 > 12000)"

"Turn end!"

Inferno:
Hand: 6
Damage: 1
OXO
OXO

Chiharu:
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Glow Heater Dragon. Revealing Destiny. I call Glow Heater. Revealing Destiny. Call, Gattling Claw Dragon, and use his skill. Counterblast and put him into soul, and retire Madoi! Glow Heater attacks! (10000)"

"Jirokichi, guard! (7000 > 12000)"

"Boosted by Conroe, Glow Heater attacks next! (10000 > 15000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Dragon Dancer, Tara) Heal, I pass power to vanguard and recover a damage. (15000 > 20000)"

"Damage check! (Stealth Rogue of Liquidation, Sadatsugu)"

"Turn end."

Inferno:
XXO
OXO

Chiharu:
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Stealth Beast, Tamahagane "Metsu"! His skill, I bind the top card of my deck face down. Metsu attacks your rear-guard! (9000)"

"One trigger."

"Drive check! (Stealth Rogue of Veils, Kurenai) Nothing... Turn end."

Inferno:
XXO
OXO

Chiharu:
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw. Eternal flames on the vowed sword, burn brighter than before as you show my opponent your resolution." Slamming a card on the vanguard circle, red light engulfed the card. "Dragonic Overlord "The Destiny", ride. Boosted by Conroe, The Destiny attacks! (11000 > 16000) Golden Blaze!"

"No guard!"

"Twin Drive!! (Gattling Claw Dragon) Draw, all to Glow Heater, and draw a card. (10000 > 15000) (Fire Chase Dragon) Critical, power to Glow Heater, critical to vanguard. (15000 > 20000) (1★ > 2★)"

"Damn it... Damage check! (Stealth Dragon, Enbai, Stealth Rogue of Veils, Kurenai)

"Glow Heater! (20000)"

"No guard! (Stealth Dragon, Noroi) Critical, all to vanguard! (9000 > 14000)"

"Turn end."

Inferno:
Hand: 7
XXO
OXO

Chiharu:
Damage: 4
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! The true evil eye has awakened, fear before the might it possesses! I ride my avatar, Blazing Demonic Stealth Dragon, Shiranui "Zanki"!" Chiharu exclaimed, the vanguard circle expanding blood red. "On ride skill! I choose your Glow Heater, and he gets 2k! (10000 > 12000) Dominate! He attacks your vanguard! (12000)"

"Gattling Claw guards. (11000 > 16000)"

"Liberating the Generation Zone! The sacred scripts of the forbidden dark arts have awakened, cower before the evil it possesses! Generation Stride, Evil-eye Vidya Emperor, Shiranui "Rinne"!" The vanguard circle expanded blood red. "Stride skill! Once more, I choose Glow Heater, and he gets 2k! (12000 > 14000) Dominate! He attacks your vanguard! (14000)"

"No guard. (Lizard General, Conroe)"

"I call, Sadatsugu and Mistfrog! Rinne's skill! I counterblast and G Persona Blast, and you choose two cards from your hand, and call them! They get 5k until end of turn, and you can't activate their AUTO effects!"

"I call, Fire Chase Dragon and Gattling Claw Dragon! (4000 > 9000) (4000 > 9000)"

"Then, Dominate both! Fire Chase Dragon attacks the vanguard! (9000) Skill of Mistfrog, I push him into soul and draw a card, then Fire Chase gets 6k until end of battle! (9000 > 15000)"

"No guard. (Seal Dragon, Artpique) Draw, all effects to vanguard, and draw a card. (11000 > 16000)"

"Sadatsugu's skill! I counterblast and retire Fire Chase to draw a card! He then loses the ability until end of turn. Gattling Claw attacks the vanguard! (9000) It won't hit... I call, Katarigitsune and use his skill! I reveal Oboro in hand to add Zanki to hand! Discarding Oboro. Rinne attacks! (26000) Soragoto no Jiyuu!"

"No guard."

"Triple Drive!! (Stealth Beast, Mistfrog, Demon Stealth Dragon, Shiranui "Oboro", Hardworking Stealth Rogue, Torasada) Critical, power to Sadatsugu, critical to vanguard! (9000 > 14000) (1★ > 2★)"

"Damage check! (Dragonic Overlord the End, Burning Horn Evolute)"

"Boosted by Katarigitsune, Sadatsugu attacks! His skill, add 2k! (14000 > 16000 > 23000)"

"Generation Guard! Flame Wing Steel Beast, Denial Griffin! (11000 > 26000) Skill, counterblast and retire Sadatsugu!"

"Grr... Turn end."

Inferno:
Hand: 4
XXO
OXX

Chiharu:
Hand: 8
OXO
XOO

"Stand and draw. Generation Zone, release. The mechanical dragon that feasts on your fear and pride as you enter his castle. Perish before his presence, Flare Arms, Ziegenburg, Stride! Stride skill, counterblast and retire Katarigitsune, then I look at the top seven cards of my deck and add Dragonic Overlord "The X" to hand. I call Nehalem to rear-guard, and since I have an Overlord vanguard, he gets 2k and a new skill. (9000 > 11000) Ziegenburg's Blaze! My vanguard becomes blazing until end of turn. Ziegenburg, attack! (26000) Pinpoint Scattershot! Skill of Nehalem, he gets 5k! (11000 > 16000)"

"Generation Guard! Jinx Stealth Fiend, Zashikihime! (11000 > 26000) Her skill, G Guard Blast, and you can discard a card from your hand! If you don't, she gets 20k Shield!"

"Discarding The X."

"I'll add to the guard Torasada and Meimoudanuki! (26000 > 36000 > 41000) Three to pass!"

"Triple drive!! (Fire Chase Dragon) Critical, all to Glow Heater. (10000 > 15000/1★ > 2★) (Lava Flow Dragon, Seal Dragon, Artpique) Draw, power to Glow Heater and draw. (15000 > 20000/2★) Ziegenburg's skill! Since he's blazing, I counterblast and restand the vanguard, drive -2! (3 > 1) Once more, boosted by Conroe, Ziegenburg attacks! (26000 > 31000) Pinpoint Scattershot! Skill of Nehalem, he gets 5k! (16000 > 21000)"

"Kurenai, perfect guard!"

"Drive check! (Protect Orb Dragon) Glow Heater, attack! (20000/2★)"

"Noroi! (11000 > 21000)"

"Boosted by Gattling Claw, Nehalem! (21000 > 25000)"

"No guard! (Blazing Demonic Stealth Dragon, Shiranui "Zanki")"

"Turn end."

Inferno:
Hand: 8
XXX
OXX

Chiharu:
Hand: 2
Damage: 5
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! Skill of Zanki, I soulblast and draw a card! All fighters call a card from their hand! I call, Stealth Rogue of Liquidation, Sadatsugu!"

"I call, Lava Flow Dragon."

"Now... The cost is a card with the same name as my vanguard. I'll put my future on the line to end this fight! If I lose, all the cards in my Generation Zone will never return!! Become my future and manifest! Dragon Empire's Zeroth Dragon, Ultimate Stride! Zeroth Dragon of Inferno, Drachma!" The vanguard circle exploded with a black-red colour.

"How bold..." Inferno commented, looking at Chiharu who had one card left in her hand. "Was this a wise choice?"

"I'm just working with the hand I've been dealt with! Drachma's skill, I counterblast two, and retire and bind all of your units, including the vanguard!"

"I'm aware of how Drachma works... I used to own him, after all." Inferno informed, picking up his cards and moving them to the bind zone.

"Then, choose three cards in your hand, discard two, and ride the rest as stand!"

"I discard Artpique and Evolute, and ride from my hand Dragonic Overlord "The Destiny"!" Inferno exclaimed, the vanguard circle expanding red.

"I call, Mistfrog, and Drachma attacks! (36000) Zeroth Drop of Rage!!"

"Protect Orb Dragon, perfect guard!"

"Triple drive!! (Stealth Fiend, Quesera Basara) Heal trigger, power to Mistfrog and heal! (6000 > 11000) (Stealth Beast, Tamahagane "Metsu", Almsgiving Stealth Rogue, Jirokichi) Draw trigger, power to Sadatsugu and draw! (9000 > 14000) Mistfrog, attack! (11000)"

"No guard. (Lizard Soldier, Conroe)"

"Sadatsugu's skill! Counterblast and retire Mistfrog to draw a card! Sadatsugu loses this ability until end of turn." Chiharu smirked. "You only have two cards in hand! If you couldn't stop a measly 11k swing, then you won't be able to stop this one for sure!"

"Don't look so confident." Inferno said, putting his hand cards to his face.

"I knew it... those extra grade 3s backfired on you now, haven't they?!" Chiharu laughed, grinning widely. "I've won! Now, Sadatsugu attacks! Skill, add 2k power! (14000 > 16000)"

"A cute observation, however... if you were paying attention to my drive checks, you know I'd still have one card that can stop Sadatsugu in his tracks. Guard with Fire Chase Dragon! (21000)"

"W-what?!" Chiharu exclaimed, gritting her teeth. "Then... why would you take Mistfrog's attack if you could've guarded it?!"

"There was a chance I would've gotten a draw trigger, increasing the chance to survive your turn." Inferno said. "Of course, it didn't happen, but I had a backup just in case that plan failed."

"I guess I got ahead of myself..." Chiharu laughed to herself, putting a hand on her head. "I'm sorry, Yozora..."

"Nevertheless, that was a good push to try and end the game. Most people would've gone to Rinne, or even Mujinlord, but being brave enough to go into Drachma is something I applaud you for." Inferno praised, putting down his last card in hand to clap at Chiharu's turn.

"I don't want your pity... turn end." Chiharu said, taking her G Zone and throwing the cards into the air, letting them rain down upon her and fall to the floor gracefully.

Inferno:
Hand: 1
OXO
OOO

Chiharu:
XXO
OOO

"Stand and draw. Generation Zone, release. The mechanical dragon that feasts on your fear and pride as you enter his castle. Perish before his presence, Flare Arms, Ziegenburg, Stride!" The vanguard circle expanded red. "Ziegenburg's skill! I soulblast and G Persona Blast to retire Sadatsugu. Then, I'll call Doom Bringer High Flame and use his skill. I shuffle two Overlords from my drop zone back into the deck, then draw a card. Call, Burning Horn Evolute. Ziegenburg's Blaze! My vanguard is blazing until end of turn! Ziegenburg, start the assault— Pinpoint... SCATTERSHOT!! (26000)"

"Stealth Rogue of Veils, Kurenai, protect me! Her skill, I countercharge!"

"Triple Drive!! (Dragonic Overlord "The X", Gattling Claw Dragon) Draw, power to Evolute and draw a card. (9000 > 14000) (Protect Orb Dragon) Ziegenburg's skill! Since he's blazing, I counterblast and restand the vanguard, drive -2! (3 > 1) The immortal goat castle shall never stop terrorising the battlefield with his prideful flames!! Once more, Ziegenburg attacks! Pinpoint... DIRECT-SHOT!! (26000)"

"Quesera Basara, Tamahagane "Metsu" and Jirokichi, guard! (11000 > 31000) One trigger..."

"Drive check! (Dragonic Overlord "The Destiny") Boosted by High Flame, Burning Horn Evolute attacks! (14000 > 21000) End this."

"It won't end... because I believe in my deck!" Chiharu exclaimed.

"The odds are stacked against you!" Inferno replied.

"I'll make the odds work in my favour! No guard!" Chiharu screamed, flipping the top card of her deck face up. "Damage check! (Blazing Demonic Stealth Dragon, Shiranui "Zanki") No trigger..."

"And I win." Inferno said, scooping up his cards and reverting the fight table into a FICA. Looking down at Chiharu's feet, Inferno knelt down and picked a face down card from the floor, staring at it with a smug smile hidden under his mask. "It's good to have you back, Drachma." Standing up, Inferno slid the card into his pocket, and looked at Yozora, who's eyes were glazed with a furious anger.

"Fight me right now, Inferno!" Yozora exclaimed, causing Inferno to chuckle.

"No thanks. I got what I was looking for." Inferno said, a haze of black flames slowly dancing around the masked man. "However, one of my acquaintances will be having a wonderful appointment with you sooner or later, Yozora. Enjoy."

"Appointment...?" Yozora muttered under his breath, before his eyes widened at the sight of Inferno slowly fading away in the haze of the flames. "NO!" He shouted, running clumsily towards the disappearing figure, and stretching out his right arm out to reach Inferno. Grabbing onto the sleeve of Inferno's cloak, Yozora gasped as a swirl of black flames engulfed him as well, slowly making him fade alongside Inferno.

"Got you."

"Huh?" Yozora's eyes narrowed upon hearing the new voice, looking up at Inferno who stared down at Yozora with a smug face behind the mask. Chiharu screamed, watching Yozora be swept up in the same haze Inferno was in. Whipping his head to look at her, Yozora's face paled with worry. Mouthing, "I'm sorry", Yozora disappeared with Inferno, with a flash of black lights knocking the vision out of his eyes. Chiharu's scream slowly faded away from Yozora, causing him to and let out a hoarse yell for her himself. As they appeared in a new location, Inferno knocked Yozora off from holding his sleeve, and looked down at the boy.

"It seems like the appointment will be now." Inferno said, walking away from Yozora. With a confused face, Yozora rose to his feet wobbly, about to chase Inferno even though he was still partially blind from the black lights. Instead, Yozora was hit by a powerful vacuum from behind. It began to suck him in and force him spiralling down inside a tunnel of darkness, and drop into a room on his back with a painful thud. Paralysed by numb sensation running down his spine, Yozora slowly moved his hand over his head, rubbing his temples and running a hand through his fringe. Letting out a frustrated sigh, he closed his eyes which could only see darkness inside the room he was now in. It was pitch black through and through, and had no light source in sight.

As a tense clatter of footsteps drew near Yozora, his heart to began racing hard, almost jumping out of his chest as it thumped viciously. Cold beads of sweat formed on his face, and his breathing started to speed up. Even his numbed back felt shivers go down his spine, from the mysterious visitor that circled around him, and examined him like a doctor. He could feel their stare, and their judgement of him being cutthroat and dry. Swallowing a lump in his throat, the footsteps stopped abruptly. The fuzzy sound in his ears was replaced by a gentle pop, and his own deep breath of terror.

"Welcome to the Black Hole, Yozora Shinsei."

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#37: Illusions

================================

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro