#46: Heritage

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Let me give you this scenario. Say you've managed to evacuate the entirety of Tokyo just before a dragon from another world can burn it down with black flames and cause the sky to turn red with the smoke it produces, because said dragon wants to set the scene of an apocalyptic hell for a God of destruction, who also, coincidentally, comes down from the sky not long after, and the only way to get rid of him is to play a game of Vanguard. If you think this scenario is ridiculous, welcome to card game fan fiction. To continue this train of crazy, the person who will fight the God first is one of Japan's most wanted criminals who is so dangerous, they keep him locked up underground secluded from the rest of society because if they let him out, he might kill a man or two. Now, let's say this scenario is happening right now. Would you believe me? If you answered yes, then congratulations, you're reading Z World. If you answered no, then keep reading anyways, because don't let me becoming monologuing trash distract you from the fact this all actually happened and Fox is a lazy writer. Grab some popcorn and free time, cuz you finna witness #46: Heritage. Spoiler alert, I win."

(Opening here)

Ryuzaki's face was burdened with concentration. The sharpness of his eyes, the cutthroat look in his pupils, the sly smirk arched perfectly between his bridged nose and shapely chin never wavered, not even once, when looking up at the behemoth of a God. Gyze, however, looked down at Ryuzaki with little regard, and simply continued to flash out beams of light that eradicated the surrounding area; corroding the brittle leftovers of once monolith towers into nothing.

"This is absurd... I'm about to play Vanguard with a God who wants to kill me. Go figures." Ryuzaki thought, glancing at the deck of cards in his right hand, and his smirk turned downwards, as if he were "getting serious". "I still think that being transported to another planet is weirder."

Gyze continued to stomp over Tokyo, each time the minutest of aura radiating from his feet managed to burn and crumble away the very Earth beneath him. The crust eroded away, exposing the mantle of the Earth Ryuzaki was on. Currently, he was standing at the edge of the crater Gyze formed earlier when he attacked Callum. Callum was still lying in the crater, with his current condition unknown.

"Gyze." Ryuzaki announced, putting the deck into the air. "I'll have a game of Vanguard with you."

"I accept." Gyze said, stopping at a halt. Like before, two holographic fight mats were created, a colourless one in front of Gyze, and a red one in front of Ryuzaki. The two entered their decks into the fight mats, and they automatically shuffled and distributed to each player their hand of floating cards.

"I'm ready." Ryuzaki said, looking over his hand.

"So am I." Gyze said.

"Stand up, (Z), Vanguard!"

"Neon Gyze." Gyze announced, as hatching from the Mark of Gyze was the same alien foetus encompassed in a rainbow coloured egg shell.

"Chrono Dran Z!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, as he became a small, white armoured dragon. "I actually feel like the unit. It's like the GIRS System, but on a whole new level!"

"Let us begin. Stand and draw. I ride, Black Mixer, Hiniel." Gyze said, as the foetus Gyze was ridden by a nurse with two twin tails wearing a black uniform, signifying her alliance with the Black Gravers. "Neon Gyze's skill activates. I move him to the G Zone face up. This does not count towards my Generation Break total. Turn end."

"Neon Gyze..." Ryuzaki thought, narrowing his eyes. "If only I could ram a truck into him instead. That'd be easier."

Gyze:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
OXO
OOO

Ryuzaki:
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Transit Dragon and move Dran back!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, as he turned into a large dark blue dragon with a shining light blue core. Chrono Dran Z appeared behind him, before Transit Dragon launched himself forward with Chrono Dran Z gliding behind him. "Attack! (7000 > 12000)"

"No guard." Gyze replied.

"Drive check! (Pulsar, Hypnosis Sheep) Stand, all to vanguard! (12000 > 17000)" Ryuzaki exclaimed as two magic circles materialised in front of Transit Dragon's wide wings, and shot two beams of sky blue energy at Hiniel, causing her to fall down to her knees.

"Damage check. (Love Sniper, Nociel)" Hiniel gasped, feeling pain shoot through her petite body.

"Turn end." Ryuzaki said as he, as Transit Dragon, fell back with Chrono Dran Z. "No wonder Callum had a field day with this Cardfight... you really do feel like your attacking the opposing unit. This is like a full on brawl orchestrated by cards!"

Gyze:
Damage: 1
OXO
OOO

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 6
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Candle Celestial, Sariel." Hiniel turned into a delicate angel with flowing brown hair and large orange eyes. In her left hand was a wax candle that lit up the darkness. "Sariel, attack. (8000)"

"No guard!" Ryuzaki exclaimed.

"Drive check. (Hospital Diet Angel) Draw trigger. I draw a card. The skill of Neon Gyze in G Zone. The power increase of my trigger effects changes to "Choose up to one Zeroth Dragon in your G Zone, and bind it face up". I bind, Zeroth Dragon of Destroy Star, Stark face up, and draw a card. While my Neon Gyze is face up in the G Zone, the Zeroth Dragon in my bind zone cannot move to other areas."

Sariel fluttered towards Transit, chucking her candle at him, setting the dragon ablaze.

"Damage check! (Pulsar, Spearhead Unicorn)" Ryuzaki exclaimed, flinching. "That actually burns, damn it..."

"Turn end." Gyze said. Ryuzaki shook the fires off, looking side to side at his wings which were charred ever so slightly.

"This reminds me of those VF Gloves which shocked people each time they took damage. Only difference, is that I'm actually fighting units... if this was any more feral clan like Spike Brothers or Tachikaze, I'd be in so much more pain..."

Gyze:
Hand: 7
Zeroth Dragon: 1
OXO
OOO

Ryuzaki:
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Pulsar, Cruising Dragon!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, turning into another dark blue dragon on all fours, with gold accents and aquamarine claws. "Skill of Dran Z, I bind him face up and look at the top five cards of my deck. I add Revolver Dracokid to my hand! I call, Revolver Dracokid!" The tiny purple dragon appeared next to Cruising Dragon, punching the air with it's gear-cuffed fist. "Skill of Revolver, I reveal Chronojet Dragon Z from my hand and add Obstinacy Ox from my deck to my hand! Then, I discard the Obstinacy Ox I added! I call Thruster Bison behind Dracokid, and they attack! (7000 > 11000)"

Revolver Dracokid got on top of the mechanical bison's back, holding on tightly. The two golden turbines situated on Bison's back began to spin, and with explosive energy thrusted forward straight at Sariel.

"No guard." Gyze said. "Damage check. (Doctroid Refros) Stand trigger. I cannot stand a unit. I choose to bind Zeroth Dragon of Inferno, Drachma from my G Zone face up."

Sariel stepped back instinctively, watching Bison head straight at her. Revolver Dracokid put on a brave face, and balled his fist, before releasing it in a speedy blow to Sariel's large chest. Bison ran past her, using his hind legs to take a u-turn back to his vanguard.

"My go is next! (9000)" Ryuzaki roared, running towards Sariel who held her chest with pain.

"Drive check! (Pulsar, Merry Block Dragon)"

Cruising Dragon leapt into the air, before flying back down to slash Sariel straight down the middle. The shirt of her uniform was torn off, and Cruising's claws dug deep enough into her breasts to make them bleed. Sariel fell to her knees, squeaking with embarrassment as she scrambled to cover her naked body.

"Damn, her chest is bouncy!"

"Damage check. (Happy Bell, Nociel) Stand trigger. I cannot stand a unit. I choose to bind Zeroth Dragon of Death Garden, Zoa from my G Zone face up."

"Turn end." Ryuzaki said, bouncing back into place. "Two more Zeroth Dragons to go... Well, I guess I always have that."

Gyze:
Damage: 3
Zeroth Dragon: 3
OXO
OOO

Ryuzaki:
Bind: 1
XXO
XOO

"Stand and draw. I ride, Love Sniper, Nociel." Gyze said, as a brilliant light veiled over Sariel who covered her bleeding chest. As the shimmers of light cleared, Nociel, donning her signature pose, pointed her bow and arrow at Cruising Dragon, while the wind carried her orange hair in the wind. Her wings spread open beautifully, as angel feathers scattered over the mantle of the earth.

"Nociel's skill. I place Battle Cupid, Nociel from my hand to my damage zone face up, to put Love Sniper, Nociel from my damage zone to my hand. Nociel's other skill. I counterblast one, and since Battle Cupid, Nociel is face up, I return her to my hand and put the top card of my deck into damage zone. (Nurse of Broken Heart) Nociel, attack Revolver Dracokid. (11000)"

Nociel changed her target from Ryuzaki's dogged vanguard, and instead pointed her arrows of love at Revolver Dracokid who floated at Cruising Dragon's side.

"No guard!" Ryuzaki exclaimed.

"Twin Drive. (Black Mixer, Hiniel, Sunny Smile Angel) Heal trigger. I heal a damage. I choose to bind Zeroth Dragon of End of the World, Dust from my G Zone face up." Gyze said.

Nociel released her arrows from the tightly drawn bowstring as they headed towards the Dracokid who was bracing for impact. The quadruple arrows pierced through child dragon with ease, turning him into dust.

"Hey... that's MY Dust." Ryuzaki thought, staring blankly at Gyze.

"Turn end." Gyze said.

Gyze:
Hand: 10
Damage: 2
Zeroth Dragon: 4
OXO
OOO

Ryuzaki:
Bind: 1
OXO
XOO

"Stand and draw! Speed ahead to the perfect future, ride! Chronojet Dragon Z!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, as his body was encased in pure white. Cruising Dragon's body began morphing, turning into a bipedal, mechanical dragon. With a pair of massive wings that looked like boosters, the Zodiac Time Beast, Chronojet Dragon Z, posed proudly in his perfected state, with armour painted in pure white. A golden cape flowed behind him as he descended the battlefield to change the course of the future.

"Chronojet Dragon Z's skill, I bind Ox in my drop zone for the cost of stride! Soar high, wings of a perfected vision! Transcend, Metapulsar, Split Pegasus!" Once again, Ryuzaki was encased in more white energy, morphing into an even larger beast. Emerging from the light, a golden armoured pegasus made of metal shrieked, flapping it's four wings and pointing it's two barrels squarely at Nociel.

"Stride skill! I soulblast one and send Bison to the bottom of my deck to superior call Transit Dragon from my deck!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, as Bison was flushed down a portal underneath him, and Transit Dragon appeared in his place. "I call Metal Party Dragon! Then, I use Split Pegasus' skill! I counterblast and G Persona Blast, I return Metal Party to my deck and call two Zodiac Time Beasts with grade -1! I call another two Transit Dragons!"

Metal Party Dragon roared, before being flushed down another portal that appeared under him. From that portal, two more Transit Dragons spawned, as Ryuzaki had filled his board with a back row of Transit Dragons. "I call, Pulsar, Cruising Dragon and Pulsar, Bombard Hog! Hog's skill, I bind him face up to countercharge! Then, I call Merry Block Dragon!" Now at Ryuzaki's aid, Cruising Dragon and Merry Block Dragon growled viciously at Gyze.

"Split Pegasus' skill while face up in G Zone! My front row gets 1k! (9000 > 10000) (26000 > 27000) (7000 > 8000) Cruising Dragon's skill! Since I have a Chronojet vanguard, add 2k and a new skill! (10000 > 12000) Boosted by Transit Dragon, Split Pegasus attacks first!" Ryuzaki declared, as the two barrels aimed at Nociel began to glow neon green. Residue from energy blasts whirring in the mechanical barrels spilled out into the air, before being released at high speeds.

"Triple drive! (Pulsar, Hypnosis Sheep) Stand trigger! I stand Transit and give power to Merry Block! (8000 > 13000) (Chronojet Dragon Z, Pulsar, Metal Party Dragon)" Ryuzaki exclaimed. Split Pegasus' energy attack ran through the barrel and shot out, the lightning fast beam of neon green piercing deep into Nociel's vitals cleanly.

"Damage check. (Love Machine Gun, Nociel)" Gyze said. "Nociel's skill. I counterblast, add Love Machine Gun, Nociel to my hand and put the top card of my deck into my damage zone face up. (Candle Celestial, Sariel)"

Nociel shrieked as the beams left two gaping holes in her lower chest. Her ribcage disintegrated without any effort, and her inner organs began bubbling up as pink flesh, leaving her deep cut wounds. Nociel knelt down on one knee, gritting her teeth and squeezing one eye shut, holding tightly onto her bleeding injuries. She was caught off guard by Cruising Dragon who was charging at her.

"Transit Dragon's skill! I put him into soul and draw a card! Boosted by Transit Dragon, Cruising Dragon attacks! (12000 > 19000) Cruising Dragon's skill, I counterblast and look at the top three cards of my deck. I add Steam Tamer, Arka from them to my hand, and put the rest to the bottom of my deck!"

"No guard. (Happy Bell, Nociel) Stand trigger. I cannot stand a unit. I choose to bind Zeroth Dragon of Zenith Peak, Ultima from my G Zone face up." Gyze said. Cruising Dragon clawed the kneeling Nociel, leaving a triplet of slashes down her face. Parts of her hair fell to the floor, while her cuts began to swell up and turn red, leaking blood that ran down the right side of her petite face.

Now having her vanguard take the fourth damage, Mai's bloody body was shaking weakly under the wires. Even though her body had fallen limp, Mai was held up by the tentacles that wrapped around her arms, keeping her in place. Her mouth hung open slightly as her desperate cries of pain never reached Ryuzaki who was focusing on the fight. Her cloudy eyes was fogged up with despair, and glazed over with no hope.

"Transit Dragon's skill again! To soul and draw! Boosted by Transit, Merry Block Dragon attacks! (13000 > 20000)" Merry Block Dragon leapt forward, as primary coloured cogs and blocks fell behind him.

"Generation Guard. Holy Seraph, Suriel. (11000 > 26000) " Gyze said, as a silver haired nurse appeared on the field, carrying a massive golden clipper in both of her hands. Her black uniform with aquamarine accents complimented her four raven coloured angel wings that created an avian wall between Merry Block Dragon and Nociel.

"Suriel's skill. When she is called to guardian circle, I counterblast one to look at the top card of my deck. I'll put it to the bottom of my deck, and perform a rescue check. I heal a damage, and deal one damage to my vanguard. (Fever Therapy Nurse) Draw trigger. Draw a card. I choose to bind Zeroth Dragon of Distant Sea, Megiddo from my G Zone face up."

Merry Block Dragon used his claws to try and cut past Suriel, but she created a pink coloured barrier between him and her. Merry Block screeched, before jumping back to his original position.

"Transit Dragon's skill once more! To soul and draw!" Ryuzaki declared, grinning at what he had got. "Turn end!"

Gyze:
Hand: 11
Damage: 4
Zeroth Dragon: 6
OXO
OOO

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 9
Bind: 3
XXX
OOO

"The world will be silenced."

The mark of Gyze began glowing white once again, emitting the purest light that perished the solitary Nociel on the field into fine white dust. The world began to fall apart yet again, as it shook like an ark on stormy seas. Tokyo crumbled further, leaving nothing to survive as the deity of destruction awakened. Ryuzaki looked up at Gyze, who stepped onto the ruins. The mark of Gyze floating above his head followed him, and five more marks of Gyze materialised into the vast and open sky.

"Ultimate Stride. Dragon Deity of Destruction, Gyze."

Five Zeroth Dragons were born from the new marks of Gyze. They descended from the Relics, bathing in holy light. At Gyze's right flank was the Zeroth Dragon of End of the World, Dust, and on the left flank was the Zeroth Dragon of Destroy Star, Stark. At Gyze's right rear was the Zeroth Dragon of Zenith Peak, Ultima, and on the left rear was the Zeroth Dragon of Distant Sea, Megiddo. At Gyze's centre back, was the Zeroth Dragon of Death Garden, Zoa.

The five dragons roared in perfect synchronisation, and their eyes lit up in tandem with Gyze's red. Their deep growls shook the core of the Earth in time with Gyze's destructive aura. The air felt intensely heavy, and like it could tear apart any second now. Much to Ryuzaki's dismay, he was thrown to the ground and forced to kneel before Gyze like a servant; a follower. No matter how hard he tried to go against the God, pain was dropped on his back instead. At this rate, off-coloured blood began leaking out of the gaps between Chronojet Dragon's mechanical body, leaving Ryuzaki stifled with internal injuries.

"When I Ultimate Stride, I choose five Zeroth Dragon from my bind zone, and call them to separate rear-guard circles. My units do not return to the G Zone, and cannot be affected by anything other than me and my guardians. My rear-guards cannot be attacked either."

Gyze's organic armour shifted downwards, pointing towards the direction of the crawling Ryuzaki. The in-built cannons began whirring as wisps of heat energy left the openings, and bright yellow filled the metal tubes. Gyze's beady eyes, hidden under layers of metal armour, shone a menacing blood red as he prepared to launch a flurry of light at Chronojet Dragon Z. The Dragon Deity however, shifted his aim at Ryuzaki's rear-guard: Merry Block Dragon.

"I attack, Pulsar, Merry Block Dragon. (30000)"

Ryuzaki looked at his rear-guard and threw a card in his hand towards him.

"Steam Tamer, Arka, perfect guard!"

Appearing in front of Merry Block Dragon was a girl wearing a tiger inspired outfit, including accessories like ears and a tail. Her paws shot a clock forward, with hands swirling round the beige screen quickly to produce a green shield. Gyze's cannons, filled to the brim with light, released in one fiery shot, crashing into the clock-shield, eradicating Arka in the process.

"Triple drive. (Doctroid Remnon, Battle Cupid, Nociel, Fever Therapy Nurse) Draw trigger. I draw a card."

Stark, Zeroth Dragon of Destroy Star, reared his head at Merry Block. With the different coloured crystals on his body glowing a party of neon, he let out a icy beam of rainbow coloured energy at the dragon made of similarly coloured blocks.

"Zeroth Dragon of Destroy Star, Stark, attacks Pulsar, Merry Block Dragon. (25000)"

"You gotta be kidding me... Generation Guard! Pulsar Saver, Ilishu!"

Appearing in front of the small dragon was a blonde lady with a good body, adorning steam punk clothing and halo and wings made out of gears. She held out her hands to create golden chains that circled around her and created a green shield against the stream of energy Stark vomited.

"Her skill, I soulblast one! Since I have three cards in bind, add 5k shield! (7000 > 22000 > 27000)"

The blast cut through Ilishu, retiring her. However, her duty of protecting Merry Block Dragon had been fulfilled. Ryuzaki looked at the other Zeroth Dragon at Gyze's arsenal. The one he had been chasing down in Portugal: Dust, Zeroth Dragon of the End of the World held the mark of Gyze in his hands, as it collected a stream of lavender and royal purple spirits inside of it. Dust roared at Merry Block Dragon, letting the mark go cruising towards him.

"Zeroth Dragon of the End of the World, Dust, attacks Pulsar, Merry Block Dragon. (25000)"

"Once more, Generation Guard! Pulsar Saver, Ilishu! Skill, I soulblast one, and since I have three cards in bind, add 5k shield! (7000 > 22000 > 27000)"

Ilishu appeared again, skilfully controlling her chains to protect Merry Block Dragon for the second time. The mark of Gyze sent by Dust crashed into her, exploding with souls, and murdering her in the process. Ryuzaki looked painfully at the guardians of the battlefield, and narrowed his eyes at Gyze.

"Thanks, Ilishu. Because of you, I will win...!"

Gyze looked down at Ryuzaki who couldn't get up from the crater he was disposed into.

"Turn end."

Gyze:
Hand: 15
XXX
XXX

Ryuzaki:
Bind: 3
XXX
OOO

(Play Lost Paradise by Pile here (short version in media; full version available in Spotify)

(Instrumental)

"My turn... stand and draw..." Ryuzaki huffed, feeling able to get up at the very least. "Chronojet Dragon Z's skill! The cost for stride will be binding Chronojet Dragon Z from my drop zone!"

Red energy blew up from the ground and spiralled around Ryuzaki, shooting into the sky like a beacon of hope. A pure white sword with gold segments materialised in front of Ryuzaki, who grabbed it without thinking. At that moment, Chronojet Dragon Z evolved further—

"Distort this dystopian timeline and let our perfect vision turn into a shining utopia! Transcend... ABSOLUTE! Chronovisor Heritage!"

The red energy shot off and revealed Chronovisor Heritage, a dragon with armour so white it rivalled Gyze's pillars of pure light. With golden gears scattered on his body, and a sword to cleave through the future, Chronovisor Heritage cut through Gyze's oppressive aura and thrusted upwards to meet Gyze eye to eye.

"Stride skill! I soulblast and put Cruising Dragon to the bottom of my deck to call a card with grade +1! I call, Merry Block Dragon! His skill, while in deck, he gets grade +2! I move my other Merry Block back and call Spearhead Unicorn and Metal Party Dragon to rear-guard! Then, I use Chrono Dran Z's skill in bind zone, I discard a card and return him to hand! I call, Chrono Dran Z!"

(Totsuzen okotta dekigoto ni unou mo sanou mo kinou shinai)
(Neither the right brain nor the left brain function at the sudden end (event))

A mechanical unicorn wearing golden plated armour, a silver-blue dragon made out of scrap metal, two smaller dragons made out of building blocks and a tiny white dragon, that represented the dying hope in Tokyo's post apocalyptic scenery, all flooded the field to aid Heritage in the seemingly impossible task of defeating a God.

(Kansen shite yuku genjitsu ni jibun no yukue mo wakaranai mama)
(I do not know my whereabouts in this infecting virus (reality))

"Unicorn's skill! He gets 2k! (9000 > 11000) The skill of both Pegasus in my G Zone! My front row gets 2k! (10000 > 12000) (26000 > 28000) (11000 > 13000) Boosted by Chrono Dran Z, Chronovisor Heritage attacks! (28000 > 33000)"

(Kowareta garasuzaiku no you na kayowa sugiru Baby Heart wa)
(I felt drunk walking between broken glasswork for my dying Baby Heart)

Chronovisor Heritage swung his sword down and used his booster wings to thrust forward at Gyze with lightning speed, while Gyze looked down at Ryuzaki with devilish eyes. Ryuzaki's acrobatics as Heritage was unmatched, turning midair and spinning with tenacity, all while simultaneously using his sword to cut through the thick tension and foggy smoke, yelling loudly with each slash. As his green eyes connected Gyze's red, red energy collected around his body and exploded him even further, using both of his hands to hold the handle of the sword tightly as he was projected straight at Gyze's core— where Mai was.

(Dare mo kidzukanai No)
(But no one noticed)

"REWIND ZERO SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH—!"

Ryuzaki yelled, swinging his shining sword down with determination.

(Kono sekai ga moshi owatte mo ima wo wasurenai kara)
(If this world is over I will not forget now)

His eyes widened, and the blade stopped suddenly, thumping against the top of the blue dome that was Gyze's chest with the blunt force. The red energy spiralling around Ryuzaki depleted in an instant as he looked at the grizzly sight before him: Mai, who had bore all of the pain he and Callum dealt ruthlessly at Gyze's vanguard.

(Tanoshikatta hibi kakegae no nai mune ni nokosareta Emotion)
(Enjoyable days now replaced with remains of Emotion in my chest)

Mai reared her head up, feeling the impact of the sword shake the wires keeping her body upright. Ryuzaki peered into Gyze's chest, and his expression changed from strong, to extremely unsettled seeing Mai in the state she was in. Ryuzaki gritted his teeth angrily, while holding onto Heritage's sword shakily.

"Help me..." Mai mouthed weakly.

"What the hell is Mai doing inside of your body you sick freak of a God!" Ryuzaki shouted, moving away from Gyze.

(Kono sekai no zutto katasumi de kimi wo omoi utau kedo)
(But I sing thinking about you in this corner of the world forever)

"She is my vessel. Without her, it would be impossible for me to exist within a lesser realm." Gyze explained.

"What did you do to her to bring her to such a state...?!" Ryuzaki demanded for answers, further tightening the grip on his sword.

"I did nothing. It's the damage that you, and Callum, did to her vanguard brought her to her knees."

Ryuzaki's eyes widened for a split second, before narrowing them.

(Lost Paradise akuma ni nerawareta Tomorrow)
(Lost Paradise is the devil aiming at Tomorrow)

Now filled with new-found resolve, Ryuzaki leapt back, raising his sword into the air. Red energy radiated off him calmly, as he continued to fly into the sky, going higher, and higher; breaking into the Earth's heavy atmosphere and getting dangerously close to the mark of Gyze. Once flying above Gyze, Ryuzaki took a deep breath, before changing trajectory and plunging down, nosediving towards the crown of Gyze's head while flailing his sword behind him.

(Instrumental)

"...REWIND ZERO SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!"

Slicing downwards with the sword made of utopia, Doctroid Remnon appeared to create a perfect defence for Gyze. Ryuzaki cut down the angel, shredding her straight through the middle. Instead of blood spitting out like a fountain, dust made out of light enveloped Doctroid Remnon, and retired her.

"Triple drive!! (Pulsar, Proceed Sheep, Pulsar, Revolver Dracokid, Pulsar, Thruster Bison) Critical! I give all effects to Metal Party! (12000 > 17000/1★ > 2★) Boosted by Merry Block Dragon, Spearhead Unicorn attacks! (13000 > 20000) Skill of Merry Block! He gets 2k for every other Zodiac Time Beast! Add 10k! (20000 > 30000)"

Spearhead Unicorn stood up on it's hind legs, leaping up into the sky with Merry Block Dragon behind him. The unicorn's spearheaded horn charged up with green energy, heading straight at Gyze's leg.

(Genjitsu ukeireru kurai no ookina ookina Soul wa doko he...)
(Where is the gloomy large large Soul that accepted reality...)

"Love Machine Gun, Nociel, guard. (30000 > 35000)"

Nociel appeared blocking Spearhead Unicorn's path, loading her bow up and shooting a flurry of arrows to take down Spearhead Unicorn and Merry Block Dragon. Nociel then retired in the same light that Doctroid Remnon did, turning into fine dust. The duo of Zodiac Time Beasts fell back, before Merry Block Dragon was sent through a purple portal that appeared underneath him.

(Hitori ni narenai kankaku ni kokoro wa himei wo agete iru no)
(My heart screams for someone who is familiar with this feeling)

"Merry Block is sent to bind! Boosted by my other Merry Block, Metal Party attacks! (17000 > 24000/2★) Merry Block's skill once more! Plus 8k! (24000 > 32000/2★)"

Metal Party released puffs of steam from his exhaust pipe ears, and plodded forward while Merry Block Dragon followed closely.

(Chikyuu wa guru guru mawatte watashi wo ikasu to iu no nara)
(Of the earth turning round and taking advantage of me to say)

Metal Party released two bronze gears from his back, shooting them at Gyze. However, a large thermometer whacked them away, revealing a tiny nurse holding the weapon. She too retired in light.

"Fever Therapy Nurse, guard. (30000 > 35000)"

(Inochi to iu imitte)
(The meaning of life is...)

"Merry Block Dragon is sent to bind zone... Turn end." Ryuzaki announced, holding up his sword into the air proudly.

Gyze:
Hand: 11
XXX
XXX

Ryuzaki:
Bind: 6
XXX
OXO

(Kono sekai ga moshi owattara kimi wa nani wo omou no?)
(If the world is over, what will you think?)

"Chronovisor Heritage's skill!" Ryuzaki declared. "I turn four of my Zodiac Time Beast in my G Zone face down! I get an extra turn!!"

Cascading from the heavens was a waterfall of glorious light, falling over Chronovisor Heritage and turning his entire body a hopeful white. Heritage's body reflected the colours of hope, and Ryuzaki could feel his powers increase further. Swinging his sword down, an unexpected burst of light shot out, flinging at Gyze's feet, and blowing up the ground underneath.

"This is the end for you! Distort this dystopian timeline and let our perfect vision turn into a shining utopia! TRANSCEND ABSOLUTE! Chronovisor Heritage!!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, pointing the tip of his blade at Gyze.

(Kizutsuita toki futo omoidasu tomoni tatakatta Spirit)
(The times I get hurt I suddenly remember your former fighting Spirit)

"Skill of Dran Z! I bind him face up and look at the top five! I add Merry Block to hand! I call, Merry Block Dragon and Revolver Dracokid to rear-guard! I use Dran Z's skill to add him to hand and call him! Unicorn's skill, he gets 2k! (9000 > 11000) Boosted by Chrono Dran Z, Heritage attacks! (26000 > 30000)"

(Kono sekai no zutto katasumi de kimi wo omoi utau kedo)
(But I sing thinking about you in this corner of the world forever)

Chronovisor Heritage narrowed his shining white eyes, and launched high into the air, swinging his sword back. His once impressive acrobatics improved too in the short time span, causing Heritage to look like he was teleporting from place to place, rather then manoeuvring himself manually. As Chronovisor Heritage rose higher into the sky, from his body excess energy leaked out, mixing with the pillars of light Gyze built.

"This time for sure...."

The world around them was being intoxicated by the hopeful and destructive light Heritage and Gyze created, turning the broken city around them into a box of pure white. The only thing visibly left was Gyze, and Ryuzaki, who's voice rippled throughout the noise polluted air.

"Countless twelfth..."

"My attack will save them..."

(End of Gloria kono te kara kiete yuku Tomorrow)
(End of Gloria disappearing from this hand Tomorrow)

"Everyone in my world!"

Chronovisor Heritage got body to face with Gyze, with his sword raised fearlessly with both hands. Ryuzaki cried loudly, channeling all of his power into one single strike. Lashing out with everything Heritage had, the sword cut down, releasing a blinding flash of light—

"SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH——————————————————————————!"

(Instrumental)

All of the pure white cleared, revealing the further worsened, desolate state Tokyo was left in. Ryuzaki's assault was stopped by another Remnon, who became a human shield to stop Heritage's devastating attack.

"DAMN ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT—!" He shouted in frustration, falling back to the floor, and stabbing his sword into the ground to support himself. Huffing and puffing, Ryuzaki rubbed his mouth with the back of his hand, and gritted his teeth tightly. The brilliant light encasing Heritage was fading away, leaving Chronovisor Heritage in his original state.

Gripping his sword tightly, Ryuzaki raised his sword to point at Gyze, commanding Metal Party Dragon to attack. Getting assistance by Merry Block, Metal Party Dragon ran towards Gyze, and shot out two more bronze gears from his back, while more guardians appeared.

"Boosted by Merry Block, Metal Party attacks! (20000 > 27000/2★) Merry Block's skill, add 10k! (27000 > 37000/2★)"

The two gears spun forward, aiming at Gyze's chest, before being blocked off by Nurse of Broken Heart and Black Mixer, Hiniel, who bravely jumped in front of them Gyze. The gears tore through the guardians, retiring them as white dust.

"Nurse of Broken Heart and Black Mixer, Hiniel, guard. (30000 > 40000)"

"Merry Block Dragon is sent to bind zone..." Ryuzaki said quietly, with hesitance. He lowered his sword and stood solemnly on the rocky floor. Settling his sword deep into the ground upright, Ryuzaki let go of it's handle and curled his hands into tight fists. Stepping back and looking up to the weeping red sky, he closed his eyes, and lowered his head. Taking a deep breath, Ryuzaki opened his eyes and swallowed the lump of acceptance hinging in the back of his throat.

"Turn end."

Gyze:
XXX
XXX

Ryuzaki:
Hand: 8
Bind: 7
XXX
OXX

(Kono sekai ga moshi owatte mo ima wo wasurenai kara)
(If this world is over I will not forget now)

Ryuzaki's brilliant evolution was slowly being stripped away from him, leaving just the sword of Heritage stuck deep into the core of the earth. He returned to being Chronojet Dragon Z, with wears and tears on his armour, and dried blood conforming around the joints. Now powerless again, Ryuzaki was subjected to bowing before Gyze much to his distaste. The five Zeroth Dragons began to surround Ryuzaki, who was smiling half-hazardously. Gyze's seven cannons began to charge up, pointing at the genius knight.

(Tesaguri de ii gyutto kanjitai mune ni nokosareta Memories)
(I hold onto the feeling of the good remaining memories in my tight chest)

"At the beginning of my turn, I deal one damage to you for each of my Zeroth Dragons. I have five Zeroth Dragons. You take five damage."

At that moment, the cannons, filled to the brim with light, released their destructive prowess in one, overwhelming shot. It was sudden, with no warning. With pinpoint precision, it crashed onto Ryuzaki with such brutality, it even made him scream in excruciating pain as his vanguard was being torn apart by torrents of destructive light. This was Gyze's final strike— dealing five damage all at once with no way to escape.

(Kono sekai no zutto katasumi de kimi wo omoi utau n da)
(Because I sing thinking about you in this corner of the world forever)

"I entrust the future of this world with you..."

As the fire of light cleared up, the final outcome of Gyze's wish was revealed. Everything within a fifty mile radius around Gyze was reduced to nothing but dust, blowing off into the blood red sky. It was a giant crater where more of the earth's molten hot core was exposed, sizzling and bubbling. Inside the crater, scraps of white armour Chronojet Dragon Z wore was scattered as chunks, and began disappearing like the five Zeroth Dragons that returned into the marks of Gyze.

(Lost Paradise akuma ni torawareta tomorrow)
(Lost Paradise is the devil catching Tomorrow)

Ryuzaki laid face up inside the crater, absolutely defeated by the Dragon Deity of Destruction. Even at his best, it still wasn't enough to stop Gyze's tyranny. However, Chronovisor Heritage's sword that was implanted on the field never wavered against Gyze's destructive nature. It continued to stand upright, lodged in the ground in it's original, pristine condition.

"Next is the shattered hero..." Ayaza said, still perched on Gyze's shoulder. He stood up, beginning to hum a melancholic tune to himself. His dragon wings flapped with black flames coming off them, and his face stayed neutral.

(Kiseki wa...)
(The miracle is...)

"Yozora..."

Yozora laid in his hospital bed, with his oxygen mask and IV drip detached from him and hung off from their respective machines. With an aching and bruised body, his swollen forearm covered his eyes, and his scarred fist was clenched tightly. Yozora opened his cracked lips slightly, breathing in the last remnants of peace inside his hospital room. Yozora sat up, removing his arm. He opened his bagged eyes slowly, and looked at his beaten hands.

"Please give me... courage."

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#47: Observing

================================

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro