#50: To the next stage...

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I read a quote once. It was "Only one man ever understood me, and he didn't understand me.".

It's weird to start with that line, but even as I'm listening to my teacher talk about classic Japanese literature or something along those lines, my mind drifts back to the book Chiharu gifted to me shortly after I woke up from my long coma.

The book was one I've been meaning to pick up for a long time. It's a novella that caught my interest.

To put it bluntly, it's about a man who struggles to find his place in the world after an event where he lost everything. A basic plot that anyone could come up with, and something everyone can relate to.

What made me attracted to this book however, is that it was written in English. It was strange to find book comprised of English in Japan out of all places, yet this was on the shelves of the bookstore I checked in frequently.

When I finished the book while in my hospital bed, that quote was written at the end.

"Only one man ever understood me, and he didn't understand me".

While the novella brought some emotions I could relate to, this quote had more emotional impact on me then I first imagined. It's been lingering in my mind ever since.

In fact, it's hard to believe I'm now a third year student at Seigatsu Academy. Despite this humbling status of student, I had a hidden status as the man who killed a God.

The sudden shift in my daily life after that event was noticeable. The everyday normal life everyone wished for was achieved.

No longer were we running around trying to collect Zeroth Dragons. We now had peaceful lives with mundane problems like anyone else... What to eat for dinner, what to wear to go out today, what time to sleep. Those kinds of problems. Rather than where is the Zeroth Dragon that might be needed to destroy the world.

I yawned to myself, looking out of the window.

The world outside these walls were bathing in dazzling sunlight.

Tokyo's been rebuilt since that apocalyptic day. In fact, I don't know how, but after I woke up from my coma (which I was in for three months), the whole city was rebuilt, and more advanced then ever.

The old buildings that were destroyed were replaced with new state of the art buildings, courtesy of top class engineers and construction workers all banding together to save Tokyo from it's tragic event.

I'd have to guess that Ryuzaki probably pulled some strings behind the scenes and used some of his never ending money, but it was for the right cause so I can't complain.

On the news, they said Tokyo had been hit by a devastating earthquake, and that the Government anticipated it, evacuating everyone before then. Most people ate up the story well, but there were a couple skeptics.

However, only we know the truth. That a giant deity from Cray came down to eradicate the planet, and that the United States of Ryuzaki managed to evacuate Tokyo. Go us.

It seems that Gyze, along with the Zeroth Dragons, have been destroyed for good. On the Zeroth Tracker, there's no signal that the dragons are alive, and I know for a fact Gyze died, because I saw it with my own two eyes.

Since that tragic day, a couple notable things have happened.

Mai's been in hospital since she was freed from Gyze's cruel grip. She was the girl abducted by Ayaza and forced to be Gyze's vessel. While, thankfully, she's okay, she received multiple life threatening wounds and deep psychological trauma that have taken a long time to recover. I've heard that she regained the ability to walk.

Speaking of Ayaza, ever since that asshole created this mess, he ran away with his tail tucked between his legs. Him and his hooded figure group haven't appeared since, but Ryuzaki's still trying to hunt them down by himself. Honestly, I don't want to do anything with him ever again.

This reminds me. Izanoku and Zak decided to turn a new leaf from being criminals, and have tried to integrate back into society. Zak continued his author affairs, writing under the name of Tashimare Sagu. After reading his Circumstances novel, I must say I am impressed at his writing skills for grotesque plots.

Apparently Zak plans to end Circumstances to end in about five or so volumes. The next volume releases this week, so I'll have to go to the shop today to buy it. I think next season it's getting an anime adaptation. I'm excited for him, since he's come along way.

Surprisingly, Izanoku went to college, and more specifically, a cooking college. After being beat over the head by everyone telling her she can't cook, she gained the resolve to do something about it. Even Rino helped teach her some of the basics. After feeling confident enough to enrol, she joined. The last I heard was she's doing well.

That leaves Callum. The guy's dangerous, so when Ayato found out Ryuzaki was letting him live in the mansion for now (he had to do his fair share of physical work to stay), Ayato tried to get Callum back into jail. I heard Ryuzaki reluctantly let him go, and now Callum's back in prison. But this time, he's in a better place where he'll receive therapy and get treated humanely. Or that's what I heard at least.

Regardless, it's funny to see Ryuzaki and Callum's relationship grow. At first, they were enemies, and by the end, Ryuzaki and Callum had a co-dependant relationship. Callum shanked Ryuzaki's enemies to death, and Ryuzaki protected Callum from the law. I don't know if they ever became friends, but it's kind of cool to see this happen.

Hmm, let's see. Right, Ayato. Ayato's actually making his way up in the Vanguard Association rankings. Despite just being the Dragon Empire Manager, he's contributed to other branches and always participates Vanguard events when he can. He does good for the community. There's rumours he's trying to improve the holographic fight system.

C4's been C4. Ryuzaki's a good leader, Payic has big breasts, Maverick is the muscle and no one ever gets Iku's name right. I heard Isu and Riku finally got together, but it's just more rumours...

On this journey of collecting Zeroth Dragons, we made a lot of new allies along the way.

Both Serena and Kotaro graduated from high school, and are looking to apply for a college.

I heard that Max went to a college in America to study animals and to become a vet.

Masaru continues to travel the world with his brother, Makoto. I think he and Izanoku have a little something going on. Long-distance relationships and all.

Maxios is still the Zoo Branch Manager. They held an event last week which I attended, and it was fun.

Marie's somewhere drinking tea in England.

Ryu and Trio are going to Hokkaido for a school trip. I'm a little jealous.

Now, that leaves us. The guys who attend Seigatsu.

Zeon, Rukia and Shika are all working hard to try and find where Yza is. I heard Zeon doesn't come to school to work on some machine at home. I don't know what it is, but it surely can't be more important than your studies, right?

Rukia has been taking extra classes while juggling work experience as assistant to the school nurse. She's been doing it for nearly three years, so she seems more like an expert at this point.

Shika has been working more earnestly in class to get better at Japanese and English. His dyslexia makes it difficult for him, but he's trying to do his best. Of course, he's still a monster in rugby. I think he's doing better then ever before.

There's a chant everyone uses when they see Shika score a touch down. It goes like: "Shika angry, Shika smash!" which is fitting since Shika makes a really angry face during sports competition.

Despite being a happy guy, I wouldn't ever want to piss him off while he's playing rugby...

Rino, despite not talking to him much, apparently has failing grades. Though it's just some rumours I heard. His hair got cut a little, but it's still quite long. I wonder if he'll tie it up.

Wyvon's doing great in engineering. He's a monster at creating things. Sometimes we talk, but not often.

My classmates are all pretty unique too. They all welcomed me back with open arms after I got out of my coma.

Finally, that leaves my sweet girlfriend, Chiharu. Without her, I'd be lost in this world. She's been my light through these hazy, mundane days.

We've been getting more closer recently, mainly because of what happened to my head ever since... ever since Ryuzaki said those words.

It's put a strain on our friendship. When he confronted me about it, I felt nothing. Now when I talk to him, I just remember what he said to me.

I feel empty. The air is tense. Things aren't as they used to be.

How inconsiderate do you have to be? The first thing you say when your friend has woken up from a three month coma is "are you okay?". Not trying to pry into their personal life, or decide it for them. Seriously...

Now, to tell you the truth. I don't care for Yza. Even if I say that, I'm still confused on how I met him during the Gyze incident. He gave me his card. That much is very real. But... other then that, there is nothing. It was like a ghost greeted me, then disappeared.

My thoughts were cut short when the lunch bell rang. The lesson was over, and I stood up from my seat unconsciously to buy some food.

(Opening here)

Yozora glanced at the list of baked goods on a wooden board hung up next to the desserts section of the cafeteria. It was like a small tuck shop, with students crowding around it a messy, crooked line. Yozora was at the back, checking the balance of his account on his phone. He glanced back up at the baked goods, and decided on what he wanted.

Stepping to the counter, Yozora purchased one of the few remaining treacle cakes that were displayed in the glass case. Holding the small bag of food, he wandered around the cafeteria, and pushed his bangs away from his eyes. Shuffling towards a small round table, Yozora sat down and put the bag on the table.

There, he was greeted by a handful of friends: Chiharu, Rukia, Shika and a boy with shaggy black hair and a blunt expression. Yozora knew him as Hiyoku of the same class. He was sitting next to Shika, tapping away on his phone.

"Isn't it too early to be eating sweets?" Rukia said, pointing at Yozora's bag of cake.

"Mmm, well, I suppose. I just wanted to get them while they were still fresh." Yozora said, taking the slice of cake out of the bag.

"Wow~ Give us some!" Shika said, his eyes sparkling.

"For a big guy, you act like a little kid." Hiyoku said.

"Childlike wonder is hard to come across nowadays." Shika said.

"That's because reality hits you like a truck and you lose that childish innocence." A new student approached them, joining the conversation.

"Shisue... that's a grim thing to say." Shika said towards the student, Shisue, of the same class. She was a third year like the rest of them, and sat down at the table. She had long dark hair and wore glasses.

"Sorry, sorry. Ooh, that cake looks nice. You don't mind if I have some?" Shisue said.

"If you want some, just buy some..." Yozora said.

"Hey, I asked first!" Shika said, glaring at Shisue.

"Eh, he has enough for all three of us."

"What do I look like, a charity...?" Yozora muttered, before a piece of his cake was torn off by Shisue.

"Uwaa, it's sticky. What cake is this?" Shisue asked, eating the stolen piece.

"Oh you..."

"Hey, what are you doing?! If Yozocchi doesn't want to share his food, he doesn't have to!" Chiharu said.

"Nn, nn, I get it." Shisue said. "Seriously though, what cake is this? It's good."

"Treacle cake." Yozora said.

"I'm gonna die from starvation..." Shika said.

"If you want food, I have a chocolate bar." Rukia said, digging through her bag.

"Eh, seriously? Gimme!"

"Ooh, Rukia, can I have some?" Shisue said.

"Are you some kind of freeloader or something?" Hiyoku said, sipping his tea.

"The more generous the friend, the more I like them." Shisue said.

Rukia snapped the bar in two and handed it to Shika and Shisue.

"Bless." Shika bit into the chocolate. He spat it out, staring at the piece with burning hate in his eyes. "It's... dark chocolate..."

"Y-yeah... funny story on how I got this." Rukia said, laughing nervously.

"If you don't want, I'll have it." Hiyoku said, as Shika handed him the remainders. Shisue ate her share happily.

"What kind of story is it?" Chiharu said.

"Hmm, well." Rukia said. "Where do I start...?"

"The beginning is fine, isn't it?" Yozora said, finishing eating his cake.

"It's a complicated beginning." Rukia sighed.

"Is it that weird guy who keeps talking to you?" Shisue said.

"Weird guy? You mean... Kakusei?"

"Mmm, well, something like that. I don't know his name."

"Kakusei's the new guy, ain't he?" Chiharu said. Hiyoku nodded.

"Transferred nearly a month ago. Popular with the girls. Damn ikemen."

"Yeah, well, this story of how I got the chocolate links to Kakusei." Rukia said.

"Did he give this to you as a gift?" Shika said.

"Basically. But... the way he handed it, well." Rukia laughed forcibly.

"This can't end well..." Chiharu said.

"I swear Kakusei has a thing for Rukia." Shisue said what was on everyone's mind.

"I know, right?"

"He's always trying to talk to her..." Shika said.

"I remember one time, I was in the infirmary, and Kakusei faked illness to be with Rukia." Hiyoku said.

"What were you in the infirmary for?"

"I sprained my wrist because I was writing too much."

"What a terrible excuse to skip class..." Yozora said.

"Hey, hey, I did sprain my wrist! We had modern Japanese the other day, and since I was reading this awe-inspiring novel beforehand, I got really into the mood and managed to splurge out a five page essay within the hour! At the cost of my wrist." Hiyoku said. "You can't believe how much Hiku scolded me after."

"What novel?"

"Uh... haha, better if you didn't know."

"He was reading the White Flower manga." Shisue said.

"Shisue!!"

"That's.... not a novel..." Yozora said.

"Shhh! It's the same thing!!"

"Ahem. My story?" Rukia said.

"Oh, yeah. How did you get this good chocolate?" Hiyoku said with a piece hanging from his mouth.

"Kakusei... gifted it to me while saying a cheesy line. He was all like, "This reminds me of you." then left me while I held this 2000 yen chocolate in my hand!" Rukia said, hiding her beet red face. "It's so embarrassing! He did it in class in front of everyone too!!"

"How many girls went yandere mode?" Chiharu said with a smug grin.

"A lot of them just sent me passive aggressive stares. I really didn't want it, but what can you do..." Rukia sighed.

"This is... 2000 yen? No wonder it tastes amazing." Hiyoku devoured the rest in a single swoop.

"That's... not even subtle. Just reject him already. He seems gross." Yozora said.

"I mean... Kakusei's poor pick-up lines aren't great, but he's not a bad person. I couldn't shoot him down so easily."

"I don't know who this Kakusei guy is, but I already don't like the sound of him." Shika said.

"Rukia, if you ever need someone to murder a person, you have my number." Chiharu said, pouring some of Hiyoku's tea into her empty water cup and sipping it.

"Hey, my tea—! Also, yeah, if that dang ikemen riajuu loser gets annoying, I'll get Hiku on him to teach him a stern lesson!"

"That's some harsh words..." Shisue said. "Well, he seems like the type Rukia would fall in love with anyways. Give it a couple weeks an they'll be together in no time."

"Eh? Not true. My heart's just for Yza only. I could never accept any other man."

"Oof." Shika said.

"Ahuh." Shisue said, standing up and yawning. "Well, I'm gonna sleep through history again. See you guys then."

Shisue left, leaving everyone stunned at how carefree she was.

"Thanks for your offers though, guys. I don't think we'll need to take it that far. I can deal with the Kakusei dilemma myself."

"Well, I hope so. If he turns out to be a creepy stalker, remember, you have my phone number."

"Y-yeah... sure."

"Oh, that reminds me. Anyone seen Zeon? The student council's holding another recruitment thingy. He's wanted to join for awhile, right?" Hiyoku said.

"Zeon's cooped up in his room."

"Ah... poor guy. Hope he gets better soon." Hiyoku stood and took his leave.

"Wait for me!" Shika followed Hiyoku.

"Student council recruitment, hm." Yozora said.

"You're awfully more dark then usual, Yozocchi..."

"I think it's because Shisue stole his cake." Rukia laughed.

"A-ah, sorry... I'm still trying to adjust to everything... it feels kind of weird."

"Can't be helped. I'm curious on that student council thing though." Chiharu said.

"Basically, ever since graduation the Student Council became a mess. They only have two members left, Mizuho and Sakura. The girls are trying to get more members." Rukia said.

"Who's the President then?" Yozora said.

"Sakura since Mizuho couldn't handle the pressure."

"You sure know a lot." Chiharu said.

"Kakusei was talking about it to me earlier. He wanted to join."

"Anyone else from our friend group that might be joining?" Yozora said.

"Don't know, honestly."

"Hey, you guys were here too?"

"Oh, hey, Kakusei." Rukia said. Yozora and Chiharu turned to look at the unexpected visitor.

Kakusei had his hands behind the back of his head, fingers laced between clumps of pale brown hair. His skin was fair, and running down his right ear were black piercings. Kakusei gave a charming grin and sat down next to Rukia.

"Womaniser." Yozora thought, averting his gaze from Kakusei.

"Speak of the devil..." Chiharu said.

"You guys were talking about me?" Kakusei said with a slight laugh.

"You kind of got entangled up in the topic." Rukia said.

"Student council stuff." Yozora said.

"Ah. You thinking of joining or something, Rukia?" Kakusei said.

"Nope. I've got other priorities."

"I see. Well, are you free this weekend?"

"Is he going to ask her out on a date so quickly?" Yozora thought.

"Possibly. Depends on what you're suggesting."

"There's an event in Dragon Empire this weekend, held by the Branch Manager. If you want, do you want to go?"

"What time?"

"Starts at 10, and ends at 12."

"Sure, I'll come."

"If she's going, I will too!" Chiharu said, raising her hand and smiling.

"That's fine. How about you, Yozora?" Kakusei said.

"I'll be working, so no thanks." Yozora said.

"That's a shame. What're you working?"

"...nothing important."

"Usually means it's pretty important."

"I don't need to tell you."

"I know, just saying."

"Fuck this guy."

"I'll invite some more people. It'll be one big hang-out!" Chiharu said.

"That sounds great! Maybe it'll finally get Zeon to step away from his work..." Rukia said.

"Zeon hasn't been to school for awhile. I hope he's okay." Kakusei said.

"You hope he's dead so your chances with Rukia skyrocket through the roof."

"He's just sick right now."

"Yeah. Pretty bad fever. Let's go to his house today and check up on him." Chiharu looked at Rukia and said that to her.

"Yeah, sure?"

Chiharu flashed a disgruntled smile at Rukia.

"Well, let's get going back to class. We'll be late." Kakusei said, standing up.

"Asshole. Don't change the subject. It makes your jealousy obvious."

"Yeah, let's go." Rukia said, standing up.

"Okay, okay. Yozocchi, let's go." Chiharu pinched his cheek.

"O-oh... um, okay." Yozora stood, and the four walked back to their class.

After school, crowds of students began flooding the front entrance, while Yozora and Chiharu waited outside the gates for their friends. Shika exited the school and joined them. They walked to a less crowded area on the street.

"Where's Rukia?" Chiharu said.

"Kakusei's talking to her." Shika said.

"I'm going to look for her." Yozora said.

"Eh? Are you sure about this, Yozocchi?"

"We can't keep Zeon waiting. He's skipping school for her... no, everyone's sake. The least Rukia can do is get there as soon as she can, and support him. He's throwing away his future for us, isn't he? So let's try to give something back in return."

"Good idea! I'll go ahead to the convenience store and grab some snacks for him!" Shika said.

"W-wait!" Chiharu said, watching Shika run through a hoard of people. She sighed, "At least you're here with me, Yozocchi... Yozocchi?"

Yozora left Chiharu, pushing past the wave of people exiting the school and going back inside.

He walked past the cubbyholes, with his hands in his pockets. Walking down the empty corridors, he turned to a classroom with a sign hanging from above the door that read "3-A".

Opening the sliding door, he gazed into the classroom and saw Rukia and Kakusei sitting on two desks and chatting.

"Oh, Yozora. You need anything?" Kakusei said.

"For you to stop sitting on my desk." Yozora thought, before blinking.

"Yozora?" Rukia said.

"Yeah, I do."

"What is it?" Kakusei said.

Yozora walked towards him.

"Did you forget something? Like a pen?"

Yozora gave no response.

"If so, I can help you find it."

Yozora scratched the back of his neck, and looked at the ceiling.

"Yozora, if it's about me being-" Rukia said, before being cut off.

"I need Rukia." Yozora grabbed Rukia by the wrist, and dragged her away, leaving Kakusei with a startled face.

"Y-Yozora?" Rukia said, her bag almost falling off her shoulder.

"Yozora, what are you doing?" Kakusei said, getting off the table and grabbing Yozora by the shoulder to stop him.

"Rukia has somewhere to be." Yozora said, pushing Kakusei's hand off him.

"But we're in the middle of a conversation..."

"I don't care." Yozora walked away while holding Rukia's wrist.

"Text me later, we'll continue the conversation then." Rukia said as she and Yozora left the room.

"What in the..." Kakusei muttered.

Yozora closed the door shut behind them, and let go of Rukia.

"Yozora... you were shaking." Rukia said, holding his quivering hand.

"...sorry." Yozora said, retracting his hand.

"No, please, it's fine. I should apologise. I've kept you all waiting."

"No, not really. I just wanted to get you away from Kakusei."

They walked to Rukia's cubbyhole.

"You don't like him?" Rukia said, getting her shoes out.

"He... rubs me the wrong way."

"Thanks. For doing something you weren't comfortable with."

"It's nothing, really..."

"You're not usually this bold, you know."

"I know."

"Are you feeling better?"

"Kind of..."

"Well, I'm probably not the right person to talk about this stuff."

Rukia and Yozora left to meet-up with Chiharu, who was standing outside the gate with her arms crossed and cheeks puffed.

"Hmpf."

"Sorry." Yozora said, looking down.

"It's okay, Yozocchi. I'm only messing." Chiharu patted Yozora on the head and ruffled his hair.

"Where's Shika?" Rukia asked.

"Went on ahead to buy snacks." Chiharu said.

"I see... well, let's get moving then. It's a long walk to Zeon's house." Rukia slightly laughed.

On their way to Zeon's house, they stopped at the convenience store Shika was inside. The three waited outside, and Shika rejoined them with three large bags.

The group of four decided in a game of rock paper scissors who was carrying what, and continued their journey under the sweltering sun.

They reached a quiet path, walking further down the street. Large trees lined around the perimeter of the luxury mansions.

They stopped at a black painted gate, which was connected to stone walls that encased the mansion. On the wall was a nameplate with "Ishima" engraved, hanging above an intercom.

Rukia pressed a button on the intercom, and a fuzzy voice played back at her.

"Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon."

"You must be young master Zeon's friends. Let me get someone to open the gate for you."

"Thank you." Rukia bowed.

Yozora glanced at the security cameras situated within the wall.

A butler dressed in black walked down a cobble path and approached the locked gate. Opening it up, he stood to the side and let the four inside the front lawn of the mansion.

It was divided in two by a cobble path, with a stone water fountain at the heart. The fountain produced a serene sound with its gently gushing water, while the cicadas hidden in the bushes hummed.

"I forgot he lives in a place like this..." Shika laughed, scratching his cheek.

"It feels fancier than I remember." Yozora said.

The group walked towards the expansive mansion inspired by traditional European houses. The building was three stories tall, painted cream white, and etched with sophisticated patterns.

It had a slanted roof fit with black tiles, and a large balcony hanging above the front door. The windows had gold borders, and several black limousines were parked on the pebbles and stones that surrounded the house.

Rukia opened the front door, stepping inside. The front hall was dark and moody, with spruce wooden floors and a velvet red carpet coming from the staircase, which split into two directions upstairs. A large window at the top let in rays of sunlight that bounced off the glass chandelier.

Hung under the window was a large portrait of a man with hair as blue as Zeon's. Under the painting was a gold slab with the kanji for "Head of Ishima" engraved into it. Beneath that, was a name written in English: Satoru Ishima.

The group of four took off their shoes, placed them into the cubbyholes, and put on slippers. As they walked up the stairs, maids and butlers passed by, doing their jobs.

"Yozora, what does that read?" Shika said, pointing at the gold slab they could see on the horizon.

"Satoru Ishima."

"Head of Ishima... so, that's Zeon's dad?"

"Seems like it."

"I've never seen him or his mother here, though." Rukia said.

"Business trips." Chiharu said.

"Makes me wonder what they do for a living. They sure are rich..." Yozora said, heading left and sliding his hand across the glossy railway. "Not even a speck of dust."

"You're telling me you don't know about the Ishima conglomerate?" Rukia said.

"Eh?"

"Basically, Zeon's parents are a head of a corporate group that has subsidiary companies working in a lot of industries. The Ishima conglomerate is a big deal."

"Yeah, they own places in the market that are rapidly growing, such as medicine and sports." Chiharu said.

"My jacket was made by the fashion subsidiary of the Ishima conglomerate, and I didn't even know that." Shika said.

"They even take part in things like anime and construction. Seigatsu is an Ishima built building." Rukia said.

"...you're kidding me, right?"

"They also make music equipment. Maybe you have a microphone lying around made by them."

"How have I never not known this?"

"Zeon doesn't have the best reputation though. He was a troublemaker in school and was a little weird."

"He drew his katana in school once..." Shika said.

"Got into fights with Yza too." Rukia said.

"Zeon doesn't seem like that bad of a guy now." Chiharu said.

"He's been through a lot." Rukia said with a heavy tone.

Leaving those weighted words lingering in the air, Shika stopped.

"Where's the toilet? I need to take a dump."

"There's one downstairs. Ask a butler or maid." Rukia said.

"I'm too afraid... they look scary!"

"You take down guys bigger then you in rugby but you're afraid of a guy in a suit...?" Yozora sighed. "I'll go with you then."

"Seriously?! Thanks Yozora, you're the best!"

"Then we'll go to Zeon's room. Don't take too long!" Chiharu said.

"Yeah, we won't." Yozora said as he and Shika approached a butler passing by.

"Let's go then, Rukia."

"Okay."

The two girls stood in front of a closed door, and Rukia knocked on it.

"Zeon?"

"...come in."

Rukia glanced at Chiharu.

"I'm sorry, but could you wait outside a minute?"

"Um, okay."

"Thanks." Rukia said, opening the door just enough so she could slip in, and closed it behind her.

"Chiharu!" Yozora said. He and Shika walked to her.

"Yozocchi, Shika, welcome back." Chiharu said.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go in."

"Rukia said to wait outside for a minute."

"That's strange."

"Personal matters, maybe?" Shika said.

"Well, let's respect her wishes and stay out of it." Chiharu said, walking to the railway and gazing down at the bottom floor.

Inside Zeon's room, the curtains were shut, letting no light enter. The only light in his room was the blue blinking dot on his monitor, and the occasional slither of light from the paper-thin gap in his door.

Sitting in the middle of the darkness, Zeon was shaking with cold breaths leaving his pale lips.

"Zeon." Rukia called out, making her way towards the silhouette of her friend.

While the curtains were thick, they were slightly transparent by the sunlight. She walked towards them first.

"...Rukia."

"I'm happy you've tried your best." Rukia said, grabbing the curtains. "So don't push yourself, or it'll make me sad." Pulling the curtains back, blinding light illuminated the room, and scorched the pale-faced Zeon.

"I thought you were angry..."

"I wouldn't be angry at you." Rukia knelt down beside Zeon, and covered his bloody wrists with her hand gently.

"...Oh."

"Let me take that from you."

Rukia slipped her fingers under the razor Zeon held in his hand. Pulling the crimson blade away, she placed it on Zeon's table.

"...Are you mad at me?"

"No."

Rukia grabbed a roll of tissues from the table and placed it on the floor.

"...What do you think then, when you see me like this?"

"Helpless."

Rukia gently wiped away the blood running down his forearm.

"...Why?"

"Because you turned to self-harm again... I don't want to find you like this ever again, Zeon."

"...Is everyone else here...?"

"Yeah. They're waiting outside for you."

"...Is it bad that I just want..."

Zeon sealed his cracked lips, and tears ran down his thin cheeks.

"What do you want?"

"...Never mind. Wishful thinking."

"Does it do with me?"

"...I'm sorry." Zeon wiped his tears away, looking away from Rukia.

"I forgive you." Rukia said, rolling Zeon's sleeve down to cover his wrist.

"Hey, Rukia..."

"Yeah?"

"If I died... would you be sad?"

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#51: Portal to Cray

Rukia: The project that Zeon's been earnestly working on has been completed. With this, we might be able to find Yza once and for all. I still believe he's out there... no matter what.

================================

A/N

Welcome back to Z World. I know it's been a long time since the last update, but the second half of the story will finally begin.

The two new characters, Shisue Iqumashi and Hiyoku Kagure, are owned by Mikazuki_Ikumashi and Mesagi respectively.

The quote featured at the beginning of this chapter was by G.W.F Hegel.

I'll remove the A/N segment from chapters I don't have anything to say of note. Though, I guess I'm treating these as mini-postscripts, so maybe you'll find enjoyment in my rambling.

Unfortunately, I don't have any current plans to revive Ansei Family either... except in the QnA, potentially.

With that, let's start a new page of Z World's life. The second half begins!

That's all, Fox out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro