#51: Portal to Cray

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I've always wondered when my life went out of my control.

Was it when I lost my sister? Was it when I joined the Яeverse? Or was it when I fell in love with a girl I can't ever have?

I laugh at myself for being so stupid. I cry to myself for being so weak. I scream at everyone with a fake smile to hide my cowardice.

I'm a parasite in this world. Latching onto others because I'm too weak to stand on my own feet. I pretend to like being with you, but the reality is I just want to attach to someone strong, and someone who will care about my meagre existence.

I want someone to protect me from how cruel this world is, because I couldn't protect myself from how this world treated me.

I have everything, yet I don't have anything. I have money. I have friends. I have good grades. I have a fleeting youth. I have a family that doesn't visit. I have a father who doesn't care.

I have a sister who's dead. I have a katana gifted to me. I have a mother who couldn't take care of me. I have a beautiful house to come home to. I have cuts on my wrist. I have delicious food everyday. I have to work tirelessly to be useful. I have personal limousines. I have people who hate me. I have loving servants. I have a crush on a girl who won't ever love me back.

Under this crushing weight of bipolar reality, I don't have a choice. I want to escape. I want to die.

If I can't smoke, or drink, then how else will I get rid of my terminal anxieties, my self-hatred and destructive emotions? I cut myself instead. That's the easiest answer. A hidden razor to take out my built-up frustration and hatred. The despair that shrouds me, and makes me inaccessible to other people.

I'm responsible for all of my pain, so I'll make sure I'll learn my lesson. Thoroughly, with this blade.

My anger, sadness and worthlessness can't be put into words. It's like a current of water blasting at me all the time. I'll fight against it, with a single shred of hope barely within my reach.

But why?

I want to stop and take a break from it all, but I can't. Even if I wanted to, life will always continue, leaving me behind.

I have to match it's cruel pace to even live, and no one ever noticed... how torn apart I truly am.

My fruitless thoughts were only read by a single person. That person I loved dearly. But that person has a special someone else...

And that someone else can't ever be me.

I only wish I could be with her. It's a wish, a tiny hidden hope for why I live.

I long for the day she turns to me, and says "I love you", like I'm the only man in the world she has those feelings for. I want to someday be by her side, hold her closely and whisper those same words into her ears.

Yet, when I do talk to her... my crushing mind steers away from that thin thread of hope.

I hate how I feel after we talk. When she leaves, a part of me feels empty, like a chunk of "myself" was ripped out, and the wound was left open to bleed out endlessly. Those continuous scars that make me feel incomplete and worthless, slowly heal but keep being torn apart.

When we're not talking, I get jealous, especially when she's talking to another boy. It's a childish feeling I want to eradicate, yet my heart screams in pain, and I feel alone once again. I was so weak, I couldn't even keep her attention on me. She didn't see me worthy enough to talk to, or notice. It feels like I'm never worth her time.

Finally, when I watch her from afar, gazing at her beauty, I feel a small part of me break inside, knowing I'll never get to hold that delicate hand, because she's saving it for someone else. I want to run away, but my eyes are too captivated. My heart is crying, but my body says otherwise.

The truth I've realised is, while I'm in her life, I couldn't ever be someone she considers a friend. I'm a parasite who attached onto her out of necessity. I'm only a nuisance; useless to her. I'm a nobody she doesn't care about. The only way I can make myself useful to her; the only way to make her notice me... is to work hard for her, to get back her happiness she lost those two years ago.

Because, like me, she feels these crushing emotions. I can see her despair, like how she sees mine. It's tucked away in the back of her beautiful blue eyes, hidden deep in her broken heart.

Her happiness is to reunite with the man she has those special feelings for. The same special feelings I want her to give to me. She just wants her boyfriend back - so how is it right for me to take it away from her?

How is it right for me to be selfish, and take away her happiness?

Even if I want her, I can't have her. So, instead, I'll make sure she's happy anyway I can. And I realise that I can make myself useful by finding her special person. The person she loves.

So, I'll work harder then anyone else to make sure it happens. I don't mind working myself to death for her. If I die working, then it meant my life had meaning.

If I die, and she sheds tears for me, then I know I meant something to her.

The only other way to get her to look in my way... is with the cuts I've meticulously hidden from everyone but her. While I do it out of pain... I also cut to get her attention.

I'm rotten for doing that, aren't I?

When she sees those ugly scars, she looks at me with an intense, caring gaze. In that moment, I feel happy, like she finally realised how important I am, and how much of a light she is to me. She tries to protect me, and get me to stop.

In those moments, I do feel like I'm the most important person to her in this world.

Not the man she loves. But me, a lowly parasite who's incapable to properly live in this world.

Despite her attempts to make me stop, I can't... because she'll never realise that these cuts are both saving and hurting me. I'll hang onto these marks, because they get her to notice me.

Besides. When we find him, I'm planning on committing suicide. When she gets her happiness back, I know she'll never pay attention to me again, because her gaze will be fixated on him. Her heart, her soul, her mind, all of it— will become dedicated to him.

There will be no more time for me. I will become even more trouble for her. So, I'll remove myself from this rotting world. That way, she'll have a happier life, and will never have to look at my ugly face ever again. She'll never have to notice my pain ever again.

When I die, I know I'll see her in my fading dreams. In that dream, we'll be living happily together, like I wished for. A close family with beautiful children. The kind of family I wish I had.

Yes, a perfect ending for everyone.

I don't need youth. I don't need a "happy ending". To have a "happy end", I can't wait for someone to hand it to me. I realise that I have to make it happen, by any means necessary.

So, I'll continue to live my life like this. As a parasite who will one day die. With the scars of my adolescence being taken with me to my early grave. This story that I've told no one, shall be forgotten, alongside me.

It's my fault, for why he went into that portal. If only I didn't stop them from defeating the Void when they could, then maybe—

Rukia would be happy.

(Opening here)

"Are you thinking of...?" Rukia said, squeezing Zeon's scarred wrist.

"No, I just..." Zeon said, covering his eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it later?"

"Just... stay with me like this a little longer."

"Remember, I'll always be here for you if you want to talk." Rukia smiled.

"Okay..."

"What're they doing in there? It's been nearly five minutes." Chiharu said.

"Should I go inside and check?" Shika said.

"You shouldn't intrude on their privacy..." Yozora said.

"But they're taking a long time in there."

"Just be a little more patient. I'm sure it can't be that long."

"We can at least knock and ask, right?" Chiharu said.

"Well... I don't see a problem in that."

"Great!" Chiharu walked up to the door and tapped on it. "Rukia, Zeon, are you guys okay?"

Zeon's shoulders shuddered. Rukia let go of his wrist and turned to the door.

"Ah, yeah, we're fine. Give us a bit more time, please!"

"Fine, but don't take too long! My legs hurt and I wanna sit down."

Rukia turned her attention back to Zeon who was wiping tears away from his black-bagged eyes.

"Luckily I have this on me." Rukia said, taking a small roll of cotton bandages from her schoolbag. "Let me wrap it around your wrists to hide it."

"Isn't that a little obvious looking?" Zeon said. Rukia shook her head and began wrapping the bandages around his wrist.

"We can just say you had an accident."

"Okay..."

"Besides, it makes you look kind of cool, you know?"

"Eh...?"

"There, all done." Rukia finished hiding Zeon's scars.

"Thank you." Zeon said, looking away from Rukia's eyes.

"What were you doing here anyways?" Rukia asked, taking the razor on the table and putting it inside her schoolbag.

"I decided to take a break and... I thought you guys weren't coming so I just..."

"Ah... sorry for not coming sooner."

"It's fine... I didn't expect you guys to come around today."

"We've all been worried about you, you know."

"Yeah..."

"You haven't been coming to school lately and you've been working on that portal in the garage every day. You should focus on yourself some more."

"I am though."

"What part of working yourself for someone else's sake focusing on yourself? I get worried seeing you go to this extent. It seems a bit like an obsession, doesn't it?"

"It's for my own benefit too. I want to be the one to connect Earth and Cray together."

"But you shouldn't sacrifice your health for it. I mean, look at the state of your body. You've got really bad bags under your eyes, your skin is all pale, and it looks like you've lost weight. Even your eyes are all red and strained."

"You need that level of dedication. I can't afford to sleep or go to school when there's something more important to do."

"It's not as important as you."

"It's more important then me."

"Zeon, look at me in the eyes."

"...why?"

"You've been looking away the whole time. Just this once, I want you to listen to me with all of your attention."

"...okay." Zeon raised his head, and met eye to eye with Rukia.

"You're more important to me then finding Yza." Rukia said.

"...h-huh?" Zeon looked away, shaking his head. "No way. Impossible. Lies. Don't lie... I hate it when you lie..."

"I'm not lying, Zeon. You could see it, couldn't you? Deep in my eyes. I was being honest."

"N-no. No way. You care about Yza more. I know you do."

"I care about both you and Yza the same amount, Zeon. I don't hold either of you in higher regard against one another."

"No way... Rukia, just stop it... it hurts when you say that stuff..."

"I'm being truthful, Zeon. Finding Yza will take time. I know that already. It might take hundreds of years, but I will still search for him even if I die. But right now, you're still here in front of me. Seeing my precious friend whittle away at their own life for my sake feels wrong... I don't want to lose another friend, like I did with Yza. That kind of pain is too much for me to bear."

"Rukia... stop... please..."

"Sorry. I just wanted to show you that your health and well-being will always come first for me. It's thanks to you I even reconnected with Yza. Your the reason why I love him, and that's something I want to hold onto dearly. Everything that you've done for me, even now."

"..."

"D-did I say something wrong?"

"..."

"Zeon, I didn't mean to... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset!... Ah, I should've stopped when you told me to stop, shouldn't have I?..."

"..."

"Hey, Zeon... please respond. That was my fault, I'm sorry. Just, what I meant from those unnecessary words is that I treasure you and the things you've done for me, so don't overwork yourself."

"...okay."

"Zeon... your crying again..."

"I... can't help it."

A few minutes later, Rukia opened the door for everyone else to come inside. Zeon had regained his composure, and Rukia cleaned up after him.

"That took a long time." Chiharu said.

"Sorry about that. Take a seat wherever you want to, let me get everyone some drinks..." Zeon said, wandering to the door.

"No need, I bought everyone snacks and drinks." Shika grinned, handing Zeon the bags.

"Good going. Let's eat some while we talk about the portal."

The group tore open the bag and dumped the contents on the floor. Everyone grabbed some of the drinks and snacks Shika bought. Zeon, Rukia and Shika sat on the floor while Yozora and Chiharu sat on the bed.

"What even is the portal?" Shika said, munching on a bag of potato chips.

"Well, I wouldn't call it a portal..." Zeon said, drinking a can of cream soda. "It doesn't work like the portal you'd normally think of."

"What do you mean by that?" Rukia said.

"It's easier if I show you. So, come with me to the garage, please."

"Aww, but I just got comfy on this bed." Chiharu said, pressing the springy mattress.

"We'll return here later, since the garage isn't a great place to talk."

"Okay..."

The small group exited the room and walked back downstairs, with Zeon leading the way with everyone else following him. Yozora, being at the back, trailed them as he was captivated by the giant portrait hung up on the wall once more. Looking at it, then at Zeon, he cleared his throat and spoke.

"I've only just learnt about your family today."

"Huh?" Zeon looked up at Yozora who was still on the upper stairs.

"Ishima conglomerate, right?"

"Oh, you mean that." Zeon continued to guide everyone to the garage.

"You look similar to that painting on the wall."

"Well, that's my father." Zeon led them to the ground floor.

"Ah. Where is he? I'd like to meet the Head of Ishima."

"You're being awfully inquisitive today." Zeon said, turning right, and heading into another hallway.

"Sorry. But, is he not at home?"

"Yeah."

"Then, how about your mother?"

"Mind your own business..."

"So, she's not here either?"

"What do you think?"

"I'm guessing that's a yes."

No response came from Zeon as he made his way to the back entrance of the mansion. Opening it, he lead everyone outside under the blazing sunlight.

The back of the house was made up of a gigantic field with flowers growing between the grass. A small garden of vegetables were on the side, while bushes and trees ran alongside the outskirt of the field. A bronze coloured gate boxed everything inside.

At the entrance was an extended patio connected to a stone path leading to a large building under the foliage of the trees. Zeon guided them to the building, walking on the path.

"This is the garage." Zeon said, opening the door and stepping inside, turning on the lights.

"This isn't the kind of garage I was expecting..." Chiharu said, following suit.

"It's more like a secret base." Shika said, ducking and entering.

"Fuaa, it's always refreshingly cold inside here." Rukia said, wandering around.

There was a large, glass cylinder with a metal top and base built at the back of the messy garage. Wires ran from the ceiling and on the floor, as they connected up to two rows of four modified supercomputers that ran diagnostics and information on the cylinder.

The continuous whirl of the supercomputer's fan echoed through the garage, while the air vents let a rush of refreshing air circulate around the room, keeping things cool.

At each computer was a seat, and under the tables the computers sat on were more tangled wires that looped back around and fed into the cylinder. Even the clumps of wires on the floor, that were all mangled and intertwined together, led back to the cylinder in some form.

On the sides were some tools, such as hammers and screwdrivers, and two piles. One pile were pieces of spare materials and parts, the other being a pile of scrapped junk and broken parts.

Scattered on the floor were loose nails and plates of metal, while the faint smell of car freshener lingered the garage. There was only one clear path, which was to the cylinder that began glowing orange.

"What even is all this...?" Shika said.

"Remember that scanner I built using these computers?" Zeon said, tapping the monitors.

"Yeah, I do."

"Basically, I just made more of them and converted them to feed the connection of Cray and Earth into that cylinder."

"Huh? How does that even work?"

"You'll see in a moment."

"What happened to the other portal we were working on?" Rukia said.

"Scrapped it. A projector wouldn't work as it's have to tear through the time-space continuum, and that's too dangerous." Zeon said.

"So how does the cylinder have to do with anything?" Chiharu said.

"Well, I did a bit of research. We still need to get to Cray through a portal, like the one Backlion made. But, to contain it, I put it in this cylinder. To put simply, I created my own portal just like Backlion." Zeon said.

"What?! How did you get even the things necessary for it! Who's blood did you use?!" Rukia said.

"Backlion didn't use all the cards in his portal. That was his mistake - if he used every last card of the exclusive clan users, then the portal would've stabilised and not shut down after two people jumped inside. But luckily for us, it works in our favour. It took a long time, but I dug up the remaining cards of the dead people he left behind, and made a mini portal using them." Zeon said.

"But... who's blood did you use...?"

"I used my own blood."

"W-what?! Didn't you see how much blood Backlion needed from Yza just to activate the portal?! Are you insane?!"

"I didn't know if it'd work or not, but I tried it out anyways. My greatest fear is that it would need blood from an exclusive clan user, like Yza. Draining my blood was the least of my worries since it was on a smaller scale." Zeon said. "Anyways, when I used my own blood, it reacted correctly, and worked. I made my own portal to Cray."

"But then... how did it close?" Shika said.

"I used the connection established by the computers to my advantage. Remember how I said it being unstable worked to our advantage? Yeah, well, by using the computers, I could forcibly close and open the portal without it fizzing out. As a test run, I dropped a couple items inside, and it seemed to work. I haven't tried it myself, since, if I ended up on Cray, I wouldn't know if I'd be able to escape."

"Amazing... you really did an awesome job on this, Zeon!" Chiharu said.

"It took way too long to do it, and a bunch of scrapped attempts..." Zeon sighed, going on a computer and playing with the mouse.

"What are you doing now?" Rukia said, peering over his shoulder.

"Showing you the fruits of my labour. The portal is really easy to open. Just click the open button, and wait a couple minutes." Zeon said, watching the cylinder glow bright orange. As the light dimmed, a faint swirling noise could be heard, and when everyone peered inside, a small portal to Cray was visible where the floor of the cylinder once was.

"If we stand on the platform, and that opens, won't we just fall inside?" Yozora said.

"Yeah, basically." Zeon said, clicking close on the computer. The portal shrunk in size and disappeared. "It was the safest way, in my opinion. Besides, us falling through to Cray gave me an idea for a good name for this action."

"What'd that be?" Rukia said.

"Imaginary Dive."

Everyone left the garage, stunned by the demonstration Zeon gave them. They headed back to his room, and returned to their seats.

"It's so much warmer in here then the garage." Shika said, fanning himself.

"Fan, on." Zeon said as the air vents in his room started circulating cool air.

"Voice command? Light on!"

"No lights are coming on." Rukia laughed.

"It responds to my voice only. Lights on." Zeon said, as his bedroom lights lit up dimly. "Lights off." They turned back off.

"Wow, all this rich people technology is making me jealous..." Chiharu said.

"It's just smart technology. Made by the tech subsidiary. I get to have it for being the next heir."

"You want to shill your products more?" Rukia said.

"W-what? I'm just saying."

"Since we're your friends, can we get it at a discount?" Chiharu said.

"Doesn't your father own an idol company? Can't he afford it?"

"Huh..."

"I'm pretty sure Chiharu's mom and dad are off better then my mom." Shika said.

"What do they work as?" Chiharu said.

"They?"

"Like, your mom and dad."

"Oh. My dad died. My mom works as a florist, though."

"O-oh... I'm sorry for your loss."

"Eh? It's a long time ago, don't worry. Did I not tell you?"

"No, I had no clue."

"This is the first time I'm hearing of it to..." Zeon said.

"Shika doesn't talk about himself much, does he?" Rukia said.

"I think I only told it to Rukia and Yza." Shika said. "Well, he died when I was young. He was kind of a crappy dad though."

"Really? What happened to him?" Zeon said.

"Yeah, he... kind of had a really bad drinking problem. He would come home piss drunk." Shika said. "Back then, I didn't think much of it, I just thought that was how he was normally. I vaguely remember him arguing with mom while he was drunk. It never bothered me to be quite frank. Otherwise, he was just a typical salaryman father."

"That sucks to hear..." Chiharu said.

"Is it okay for me to ask how he died...? I know it's weird to ask, but I'm morbidly curious." Zeon said.

"Me too. I want to know how your old man passed." Rukia said.

"The doctors said it was "severe alcohol poisoning", which means he drank too much alcohol in one setting and it killed him."

"Talk about taking "die what you love doing" to a new level." Zeon said. Rukia elbowed him in the ribs. "O-ow..."

"Not funny." Rukia said.

"Sorry Shika..." Zeon said, holding his sides.

"Hehe, it's fine. I thought it was funny." Shika laughed.

"How'd you deal with his death?" Chiharu said.

"Dunno, honestly. It made me upset, but I didn't really feel much after. Makes me feel kind of guilty for not feeling worse for my own dad dying."

"Well, it didn't sound like you guys were all that close, so it's understandable." Rukia said.

"Though my mom's new boyfriend is gonna move in this month." Shika said. "So it's not all gloom and doom."

"Isn't it a bit late for a step-father..." Yozora said.

"Nah, not in my opinion. If he becomes my step-dad then I'll love him just as much, or even more, as my old man."

"Watch him have a daughter who's the girl you have a crush on." Zeon snickered.

"If that's the case, then I'll either move to Alabama or say no chromo."

"That sounds like a book I read once..." Yozora said.

"Probably is." Zeon said.

"Oh, is anyone else coming to the Dragon Empire event this Saturday?" Chiharu said. "I wanna get a big group together."

"I'm going." Rukia said, turning to the boys. "It'd be nice to hang out more."

"Nah, I got rugby training. Sorry." Shika said.

"You guys know I can't go." Yozora said.

"Then, how about you, Zeon?" Rukia said.

"...I guess I could go..." Zeon looked away and scratched his cheek.

"Great!" Rukia clapped her hands together.

"I'll ask around for more people." Chiharu said, going on her phone.

"Well, that aside, there's one thing I want to discuss about the portal." Zeon said.

"What'd that be?" Rukia asked.

"Of who's going to take the Imaginary Dive and find Yza." Zeon said.

"I'll do it." Rukia said.

"W-what? No way. I won't let you go."

"Why? He's my boyfriend, and I'm responsible for putting him in this situation. I should be the one to drag him out of it."

"But that's exactly why... You're his girlfriend, so if you die on Cray, when we find Yza, you won't be alive to see him again. I don't want that to happen."

"If we're talking survival in the wild, Ryu's pretty good at that." Shika said. "Let's ask him."

"He's somewhere in Kyoto, and we're in Tokyo. That seems like a nonsensical way to do things." Zeon said.

"Well, I don't really want to go myself..." Shika said.

"I don't think any sane person would want to jump into the depths of the unknown and not have a safe way to get out if things go wrong." Zeon said.

"Still, Zeon, let me go. I want to find Yza at any cost, and I'm willing to sacrifice my life for it. I haven't done much to help, and since you've put all this effort into making a working portal, then let me be useful and be the one to test it out!" Rukia said.

"No... no, I won't let you!"

"Why?!"

"I already told you why..."

"If that's your reason, then all it does is make me more determined to find him!"

"...Rukia, please, don't..."

"Why are you so against me going?"

"...I'll go. I'll take the Imaginary Dive."

"Huh? What if the machine breaks, then how will we fix it without you?"

"I'll teach you every last bit of the portal. Just, please, don't waste your life on something so risky."

"And you want to waste your life on that same risk? Zeon, you can hear yourself, can't you?"

"...yeah, I can hear my crazy thoughts. But it's the most logical. I should take the dive to make sure you get to reunite with Yza. Plus, I made it."

"But... if you don't return, what will everyone else think?"

"I'll ask you the same question."

"Well, I don't care in that case. I care more about Yza then everyone else. Sure, I'd be leaving everyone behind, but... the chance to be with Yza means more to me."

"...I see."

"So, have I convinced you?"

"I... don't know anymore."

"Well, we don't have to decide right now. Let's think about it more another time."

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry..."

"You don't have to apologise. I let my emotions control my words too."

"Still, I should've still been more considerate about your feelings."

"You just wanted to protect me, right? I get what you meant."

"...well, this discussion is over. You guys can go home now."

"Thanks for having us over again." Chiharu said. "I can't wait to meet on Saturday!"

"Try to come to school now that you're done with the portal." Shika said, patting Zeon on the back.

"Soak in the bathtub for awhile." Yozora said, standing up. "See you guys tomorrow."

"See you." Rukia waved.

Yozora left the room, and Chiharu followed him, waving goodbye to everyone else.

"I should get going now." Shika said.

"Your house is a bit far away from here. Do you want Johan to drive you?" Zeon said.

"Nah, I've got practice today. The field isn't too far from here, so I can walk."

"If you say so. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah man, see ya." Shika left the room.

"Aren't you going to go as well?" Zeon looked at Rukia.

"You don't want me here?" Rukia reached for her bag which was laying on the floor.

"That's a good question..." Zeon looked down at his lap, and flipped his forearm upside down.

"Think fast!" Rukia hurled her bag at Zeon, knocking him in the face.

"Hey... what the hell was that for?!" Zeon held his nose.

"I just felt like it."

"Then I feel like this...!" Zeon grabbed the bag and threw it back at Rukia, who caught it with both hands.

"Too slow." Rukia smiled.

"Of course..." Zeon sighed, watching Rukia put her bag back on the floor. "You're adamant on staying."

"Ice cream." Rukia said, standing up.

"Huh?" Zeon looked up at her.

"Let's eat ice cream."

"I'm not in the mood... you can have some, though." Zeon looked down at his lap.

"If you don't want any, then I don't want any." Rukia walked over and sat next to Zeon.

"That's some backwards logic."

"Food tastes better with friends."

"You consider me a friend?"

"Of course I do."

"...well, I guess I could have a bit."

"Great! Let's go get some!" Rukia stood, grabbing Zeon by the collar of his shirt, and dragging him to his feet.

"Why are you so forceful..." Zeon rubbed the back of his neck.

"To wake you up." Rukia said, opening the door.

"Wake me up?"

"Yeah, wake you up." She left the room.

"That doesn't make any sense." Zeon left the room, closing the door behind him.

"Neither do you. Who wouldn't want ice cream on a hot day?" Rukia pouted.

"Someone who doesn't want ice cream."

"Then what do you want?"

Zeon paused, standing still in the middle of the hallway. Putting a finger to his chin, and looking down at his feet, he thought about it.

"This precious moment to never stop."

"I'm not really hungry."

"But you just said we'd have ice cream together." Rukia said, walking down the stairs.

"Well, I never said I would eat much. You can eat as much as you like." Zeon followed her.

"Then I'll eat as much as you eat. What flavour sounds good to you, vanilla or strawberry?"

"That's cruel..."

"Would you like a third option, then?"

"I didn't mean that. What you said before."

"I'll only answer if you answer my question. Vanilla or strawberry?"

"Strawberry."

"We're having vanilla."

"What..."

"Vanilla's your favourite."

"B-but strawberry's your favourite..."

"But I had strawberry yesterday."

"Then why ask me?!"

"Because I wanted to see your answer."

"You're cruel, Rukia..."

"Hehehe. How cruel?" Rukia giggled, stepping on the ground floor. She turned around and looked up at Zeon who was taking his time to walk down the stairs.

"Totally cruel." Zeon said, looking at Rukia's smile. His cheeks reddened, and his eyes averted her. He stepped on the ground floor, and the two walked into the kitchen.

"How should I say sorry..." Rukia said, walking to the freezer. Opening it, she took out a tub of vanilla ice cream, and put it on the kitchen counter. Closing the freezer, she glanced at Zeon who got two bowls and spoons. "Ah, thanks."

"It's just common sense." Zeon put the bowls and spoons in front of Rukia.

"Some people wouldn't take the initiative." Rukia grabbed the scoop from the metal rack of niche utensils. Opening the tub and dragging the scoop across the ice cream, she unloaded four large scoops into each bowl.

"I'll take yours." Zeon took both bowls and headed over to the dining room next door.

"Are you sure you don't just want to eat both?" Rukia laughed, putting away the tub and placing the scoop in the sink.

"No, I'm fine with the amount you gave me." Zeon placed the bowls on opposite ends of the table.

"Zeon, you have a lot to learn about social etiquette." Rukia shook her head, entering the dining hall.

"E-eh?" Zeon looked up at her. Rukia slid the bowl along to the seat next to Zeon.

"This is where I should sit."

"Isn't that a little close...?"

"Isn't that a little far?" Rukia pointed at the opposite end of the table.

"I guess your right... sorry." Zeon bowed his head.

"It's fine. Just saying for next time." Rukia sat down beside Zeon.

"Sure..." Zeon swallowed a lump in the back of his throat, and used his spoon to scrape the top layer of ice cream off. Putting it into his mouth, he let out a relaxed sigh.

"See, you're doing much better." Rukia grinned, eating her ice cream with a large smile.

"I guess I wanted this more then I thought." Zeon ate some more. "...Hey, Rukia."

"Hm?"

"Let's eat ice cream together some other time."

Rukia reached towards the tears rolling down Zeon's cheeks, and wiped them.

"I'd be happy to."

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#52: Removing the Joker

Ayato: I'm holding the Dragon Empire event this Saturday! Rukia, Chiharu, Zeon and Kakusei are all attending, but an unexpected battle starts, igniting dark memories of the past.

================================

A/N

Hello once again, and welcome to my corner that is A/N. I've been wracking my head on what I should do in this section again, but I'm pretty sure everyone just wants The Ansei Family to come back. If you don't, then welcome to the 1% club!

I sometimes wonder if Zekia is more popular than Ruza...... I doubt it though. However, I enjoy writing the strange relationship they've built up. In my head I sometimes think Zeon looks up at Rukia as bit of an older sister figure.

I forgot to mention in my last chapter, but you can find a short story that happens before Z World called "Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Re:Isekai", written by me and Little_Cute_Cookie. There's one scene in particular that's most interesting, but I'd like you to find out about it yourselves.

That's all, Fox out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro