#53: Investigation Start-up

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Is it fair to hide the truth from someone?

For the longest time, after figuring out the complicated "truth" behind this irregular existence, I've withheld it from everyone else.

Not because I'm selfish— but because these facts would destroy so many people's lives.

This "truth" is only a hindrance. No one benefits from hearing it.

Should I let them all keep living this lie? Or reveal it to them before it happens naturally?

One cannot hide the "truth". One day, it'll come out.

Being the bearer of this heavy subject, I'm torn between it all.

Right now, I - Ryuzaki Mikazuchi - chose to keep it all to myself.

Because the moment I tugged on that string, the man behind this "truth" bared his fangs on me.

Hidden deep within him, is a demon.

(Opening here)

A knock came from the front door of the Amehana residence. Kakusei rolled out of his bed, checking his phone for the time.

5:39am. Kakusei blinked, letting out a low groan. Tossing the phone into his pocket, Kakusei waddled down the stairs with the keys in his hand.

Opening the door, he stared at a beautiful girl standing there. She was petite, with two golden twin-tails, glossy brown eyes and a slender figure. She wore an easy going white dress, and had a designer bag looped around in her arm.

"Huh...?"

Kakusei rubbed his eyes, waking up to the scent of her mild perfume. He gulped as pink rose to his cheeks.

"Hehe..." The mysterious girl tilted her head and leaned forward, a heart charm necklace droop from her slender neck.

Kakusei looked down the opening of her dress, where he saw her lacy pink bra, despite her small breasts. He nodded, fist-pumping.

"I know. This is a dream, isn't it?"

The girl blinked, and laughed awkwardly.

"This isn't a dream, Kakusei."

"Then... what's a hottie like you doing outside my house at 5:39am? It's a Sunday, I need sleep."

"It's 5:41am now, actually." The girl checked her wristwatch.

"Same thing. So, why're you here?"

"I'm here to take you."

"...right, this isn't creepy at all."

"I don't mean it that way! I just..." The girl huffed, puffing her cheeks. Kakusei's heart thumped.

"No, I think I get it now. I'm high as hell!"

"No, you're definitely living in reality." She pinched his cheek. Kakusei let out a low giggle, and placed both of his hands on her shoulders. Squeezing them, he grinned.

"So, what's your name? I'm Kakusei Amehana!"

"I'm Inuko Rezui."

"Your parents are dog-people, huh? It's kind of endearing."

"Never mind that. Do you want to come with me or not?"

"Of course I would! Just... give me a couple minutes to get ready."

"Alright."

Kakusei closed the door and went back inside with a smile.

"Ahh, I don't know when I met this girl, or when she learned where I lived, but she was sure cute... I wonder what we'll do today."

Meanwhile outside, Inuko took out a walkie-talkie from her bag. She held the button, speaking into it.

"Slave here. Successful infiltration on Rain-flower. Over."

On the other side came a fuzzy, deep voice.

"Side Chest here. Good work Slave. Over."

"Slave here. Thanks Side Chest. Over."

"Side Chest here. No problem Slave. Over."

A new, feminine voice crackled on the other side.

"C-cow... here, I've successfully gotten Blondie. Over."

"Slave here. Good work Cow! Over."

"Side Chest here. Me and Girlfriend are in the facility as we speak. Over."

A fourth voice crackled.

"God here. I just got Dollar-store. Over."

"Cow here... good work. Over."

"God here. You can call me God, if you want. Over."

"Cow here... no. Over."

"Side Chest here. God! Over."

"God here. What is it, Side Chest? Over."

"Side Chest here. Oh, nothing. I just wanted to say God. Over."

"God here. Attaboy. Over."

"Slave here. Shut up! Rain-flower is coming out! Over."

"God here. Slave can't shut me up. Over."

The door opened, and Kakusei was dressed in a hoodie and jeans.

"Sorry. I'm not any good under pressure."

"It's fine. You look... a-adorable, by the way."

"You look real good yourself, Inuko."

Kakusei locked the door behind him. Inuko took Kakusei's hand, and guided him towards a limousine parked on the street.

"Wow, this is yours? What a beaut."

"Get in, get in. We don't have all day, y'know~"

Inuko pushed Kakusei inside, and followed him. Kakusei sank into the leather seats, a happy sigh escaping his lips.

"Inuko, will you be my girlfriend?" He said in a half-sleepy state.

Inuko closed the door, and cleared her throat. She spoke, but this time with her normal voice.

"Hey, driver. Take us to the facility."

Kakusei jerked up, staring at her with wide eyes.

"F-Facility? Hey, Inuko, what're you talking about?"

"My name isn't Inuko. It's Inu."

The limousine began driving away. Kakusei frantically tried to open the car door, but it didn't budge.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck! I'm being abducted! I'm being kidnapped! SOMEBODY SAVE ME!"

Inu took off his wig, and threw it at Kakusei's face. Blinded by the fake hair, Inu thrusted his fist into Kakusei's jaw.

"SHUT UP! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR WHINY BITCH ASS SCREAM WHEN I'VE BEEN WEARING THIS THONG FOR THE PAST 48 HOURS! MY DICK IS IN PAIN! I DON'T EVEN HAVE BOOBS, BUT I HAVE TO WEAR A BRA! AND THIS DRESS? THIS FUCKING DRESS DOESN'T EVEN FIT ME! MY HIPS AREN'T SUITED FOR THIS! THIS PERFUME, I'M ALLERGIC TO IT! WAKING UP AT 3AM IS THE WORST! MAKE-UP IS IRRITATING! MY FRIENDS CALL ME SLAVE! MY FRIENDS CAN'T EVEN GET MY FUCKING NAME RIGHT! NOT TO MENTION, I HELD YOUR HAND! THE HAND YOU PROBABLY JACK OFF WITH YOU HORNY TEENAGE FUCK! SO FUCK YOU!"

The driver laughed a little, while Kakusei was sobbing, holding his cheek.

At the facility, which was just a vacant building, Kakusei entered through the front doors with his bruised face hung low. Inu followed, holding the hem of his dress with agitation.

"6am. You're on time, Slave."

"Fuck you God."

"Someone wants to sleep outside tonight, huh?"

"You're the worst."

A casual exchange came from Inu and Ryuzaki. Sitting on a table in the middle of the room was Rukia, Zeon and Chiharu.

Kakusei's eyes brightened seeing them.

"Oh god, they kidnapped you guys too?"

Zeon looked at Kakusei's face, and covered his mouth. Clutching his sides, a faint laugh left his lips.

"Kakusei, what happened to your face?!" Rukia said.

"The psycho cross-dressing dog girl got me bad with a right hook."

"You mean... Inu?"

"Yeah, her, him, whatever. Thank god you're here, Rukia!" Kakusei hugged Rukia, latching onto her.

Zeon's eyebrow furrowed as he let out his laughter. "Gwahahahaha! You idiot! Hahahahahahaha!"

Chiharu looked at Zeon, raising a brow. "I'm confused, I'm too sleepy, what's happeninggggg?"

Kakusei let go of Rukia and raised an eyebrow at Zeon. "Huh? Wipe that stupid grin off your face, you also got kidnapped. Did you get seduced by Tits McGee over there?" Kakusei pointed at Payic.

Payic cracked her knuckles. "Hehe. Ryuzaki, darling, may I?"

"I'll pay for his medical bills."

Kakusei blinked, watching Payic walk up to him.

"E-Eh?"

Rukia backed away. "I'm sorry Kakusei, but you're on your own this time."

"What did I— GAAAAAAH!"

A flying fist swept across Kakusei's face.

Zeon laughed even harder, hitting the table.

Kakusei, with tissues stuffed up his nose, sat at the table while pinching the bridge of his nose. Sighing, he looked at Rukia with an exhausted face.

"So, let me get this straight. Inu's legitimately a slave, and Payic has boob PTSD?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"So why am I kidnapped?!"

"You aren't kidnapped. We took you down here so we could ask questions." Ryuzaki said.

"So... who's he?"

Ryuzaki cracked his knuckles. "You ready for round 3, Kakusei Amehana?"

"Aww man..."

Another fist was slung at Kakusei's face. Zeon laughed even louder while watching Kakusei roll on the floor.

Recovering from his third punch in the span of thirty minutes, Kakusei buried his head into the table.

"That's one way to shut the guy up." Ryuzaki said.

"I think you gave him punching PTSD, guys..." Rukia said.

"Ah whatever, he's like only the second most important person here."

"That's..."

"Anyways. Shall we get on with the questioning? We're trying to get some information about what happened in the Dragon Empire."

"You mean with Kyle?"

"Yeah, that. We're gonna find out how these people who were killed are alive."

"Well, I'm up for any questions."

"Great, we'll be performing them then. Rukia, you're with me." Ryuzaki said.

"I'll take Zeon." Inu said.

"Chiharu, let's go." Payic said.

"Kakusei, I'm gonna punch you in the face." Maverick said.

"Please don't..." Kakusei groaned, despairing over Maverick's unbelievable physique. Shivers ran down his spine, shaking his head.

"Just kidding! Let's get to know each other well, okay?"

"Okay..."

Payic and Chiharu were conducting their interview in a private room on the second floor.

It looked like a therapy room, with a sofa bed and desk. Chiharu laid on the bed, while Payic sat behind the desk, taking a stack of papers from the drawer.

"So, why are we doing these interviews this early?" Chiharu said.

"We're using someone else's property. Without their permission." Payic said.

"Huh?"

"This place belongs to a therapy company. They're not open until 8am, hence why we're conducting them so early."

"Illegal access?"

"Pretty much."

"So how did you get in here?"

"It's... a complicated story."

"I see. Couldn't Ryuzaki just pay to use their buildings?"

"He tried to. But they refused."

"So find another building?"

"He was adamant on this one."

"I wonder why..."

"Are you ready to get interviewed?"

"Um... Yeah, I guess I'm awake enough."

"Don't worry, we should be done just in time to get a Owonalds breakfast set."

"Payiccccc, you're like the best big sister eveeeeeeeer!"

Chiharu jumped into Payic's arms, hugging her and sobbing into her chest.

"Ahaha..."

Payic pet Chiharu's head and set her back down on the bed.

"So, the first thing. What is your full name?"

"Chiharu Nomura."

"Alright." Payic began writing in a document. "What is your age?"

"Seventeen."

"Okay. Now, you, Zeon Ishima, Rukia Takanori and Kakusei Amehana were all present during the Dragon Empire event on Saturday. Correct?"

"Yep."

"Alright. Were you there when Kyle Black revealed himself to the public?"

"Uh... nope, I was playing Vanguard with Zeon."

"So, no useful information then." Payic set her pen down and huffed.

"Yeah... sorry. I don't have any clues or idea who Kyle is, to be honest."

"Do you remember Ryu?"

"Kind of? He was jungle boy, or something."

"That was his nickname. You see, Kyle murdered his step-sister, a girl named Hiyori Takigawa."

"Somewhere deep in my head I've heard that name before..."

"She was a travelling magician. Perhaps you watched one of her shows."

"Oh, yeah! I remember now! Her magic was awesome!... and, Kyle killed her?"

"Yes. And in return, Ryu killed him."

"Ryu killed someone?"

"Yep. Since that day, he's really cleaned up his act. The name "jungle boy" doesn't suit the mature man he is today."

"That name seems more fitting now... how savage."

"Ryu doesn't like when people try to pry into his past. Don't question too much about it."

"I'm not. In fact, I feel a strange respect for him..."

"Why's that?"

"If someone would ever hurt Yozora... I'd kill them."

Payic shivered, closing the document. Standing up and sighing, she smiled.

Chiharu looked at Payic with a raised brow.

"Want to get the breakfast set?"

"Of course!"

Inu and Zeon were on the ground floor, in a room filled with cardboard boxes.

"Don't try to knock anything down. We don't own this place."

"Then why are we-"

"Don't question it."

Inu grumbled, patting a box. Sitting down on it, he pointed at the floor.

"Sit."

"...huh?"

"Don't question it."

"Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

Zeon sat down cross-legged, looking up at Inu. He covered his mouth, sniggering under his breath. Inu was still wearing the dress and make up.

"Oi, what're you laughing at..."

Inu stared down at Zeon, who bursted into full laughter.

"I'm sorry, gwahahaha, but you look ridiculous, hahahaha, and acting serious really isn't your forte... Inuko! Gwahahahaha!"

"I'm gonna kill you!"

Inu chucked his documents at Zeon. The stack of paper hit him square in the face, and landed on Zeon's lap.

"Ow... hahaha." Zeon took the documents, and examined them. "Seriously, what is this?"

"I'm gonna write what you tell me in this."

"Alright. Haha..."

"...Do you want me to take off my dress? Would that be easier? Do you want to see me in a bra and thong?"

"Gwahahahahahaha! You're wearing a thong?! Hahahahahahahaha!!"

"I seriously hate this job!!"

Calming down from his laughing fit, Zeon stared at a wall while Inu was sitting on a box, facing the other way.

"Your name..."

"Zeon Ishima."

"Your age..."

"Eighteen."

"Your crush..."

"Why is that a question?"

"Don't ask me, Ryuzaki made this document."

"Of course he did..."

"I'll just put a line through that. Were you present with Chiharu Nomura, Rukia Takanori and Kakusei Amehana on Saturday at the Dragon Empire branch?"

"Yeah..."

"What a depressing tone. Did you see how Kyle Black revealed himself?"

"Some bitter memories came to my head." Zeon sighed. "No, I didn't."

"End of our interview." Inu placed the document on the box and sighed.

"Huh? Really?" Zeon turned around, and covered his mouth. "Haha..."

"You better not..." Inu glared at him.

"I'm sorry... haha..."

"If you didn't see Kyle, you're pretty much useless. You can go home now, or whatever."

"This was pretty pointless."

"Yeah, it was super pointless."

"I couldn't even catch up on my sleep today."

Inu looked at Zeon and laughed a little.

"Did you overwork yourself or something?"

"I guess I did." Zeon glanced at his sleeve, and back at Inu.

"Let me guess. It was for someone else?"

"What would a guy like you know anything about me."

Zeon walked past Inu, and placed his hand on the door.

"I work for one of the worst bosses on this planet. I can tell this sort of stuff, since I've been through it numerous times." Inu hopped off from the box, and pointed at it. "Take a seat. We're having a bro to bro talk."

"How sympathetic." Zeon pushed the door open.

"You're afraid, aren't you?"

Zeon stopped, glancing back at Inu who had a warm smile.

"Hahaha... I can't take you seriously in that dress man. I'm sorry."

"I'll take it off if you leave."

"Jeez, that's a sight I don't want to see." Zeon turned around, letting the door close shut behind him. "So. What's this bro to bro talk?"

"Take a seat, or I will."

Zeon walked over, and sat on the box.

"You even smell like a girl."

"I'm allergic to this crap Payic puts on everyday." Inu pointed at the rashes on his neck.

"Why did you even crossdress?"

"I had to lure Kakusei out here somehow. Payic didn't want to do it, so Ryuzaki forced this onto me."

"Kakusei, huh..."

"He even asked me out... what an easy-going guy." Inu laughed, while Zeon sighed. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing."

"You don't like Kakusei, do you?"

"Is it really that easy to spot?"

"The way you laughed at his stupidity earlier. It was a scornful laugh."

"Scornful, huh..."

"Did it feel good to see someone you hate get kicked down a couple pegs?"

"I don't hate him."

"You don't have to lie to me man. It's just the two of us here in this dingy room."

"...fine. I don't like him."

"That's a step forward, I guess."

"It was funny. That's why I laughed."

"Are you regretting it?"

"No."

"Interesting. I would laugh the same way at my younger brother, whenever he'd slip up on any problem."

"You hated your younger brother?"

"Who doesn't. He was a smart little shit and everyone liked him. From the start, he was always smarter than me. And it was annoying."

Inu looked at the ceiling. Closing his eyes, he sighed, and looked back at Zeon.

"I'll probably sound like an uncool old man by the end of this."

"An uncool crossdressing old man?"

"Oi. Don't get me get the grappling hook."

"Kinky."

Inu punched Zeon in the arm lightly. Zeon chuckled.

"For the longest time, my only skill was adaptability. I wasn't good at anything but that. Academics were a pain, so I just adapted to the situation instead. Being the ikemen of my class was how I lived my life. But my family takes studies really seriously, y'know? While I was blowing off steam doing whatever, my little brother would earnestly study. I hated it."

"My mom and dad always showed preference to him, just because he was their dream child. Of course, while I would cram a night before midterms and finals, my brother wouldn't. He'd pass easily with flying colours, while I'd come home and cry myself to sleep at my horrific scores."

Zeon's eyes widened. Inu laughed bitterly, and shook his head.

"Well, I decided that if I couldn't beat my brother at exams, I could beat him another way. Vanguard. My adaptability would be useful there, right? That's what I thought anyways. Even so, I fought Backlion and couldn't adapt. The crowd's pressure was just too much for a failure like me to handle. My only skill burnt up before me in a blaze of fire."

"I was lost, unable to get any further. I hit rock bottom for the first time of my life. I just entered high school, yet my middle school brother was superior to me. I was an embarrassment to my family, even though I didn't want to burden them."

Inu looked at Zeon.

"That's when something was born from the flames that tore me apart."

"...What would that be?"

"An opportunity. A miracle from the slither of luck I had left. I'd just been following the flow this entire time. But for once, this flow followed me. That bastard boss, Ryuzaki, made me an offer. He said to join him and work for him. This only happened because I fought Backlion, who was the Void. If I had fought anyone else, I'd probably be a hikkikomori right now. Or even worse, dead in a ditch."

"That's... inspiring, I guess. But what does it have to do with me?"

"Hey, hey, I'm coming to that part. I soon realised I really treasured these guys I met, even if they treated me like dogshit sometimes. It felt like a family that constantly insulted each other. For awhile, it was fun. But I realised that I'd been working hard for someone else, instead of myself. I didn't have a clue what I wanted in life. I was just running around for someone else's sake." Inu pointed at the bags under his eyes. "I didn't get much sleep from those days. But I learnt something important from all this."

"...What'd that be?"

"Even if your life crashes and burns, if you rely just a bit more on your friends and others, you can get back up."

Zeon sighed, then chuckled. Standing up, he walked to the door.

"What bullshit. Your "bro to bro talk" is nothing to me."

"Tell me. How do you feel?"

"I wouldn't tell a first-rate loser like you. Your life was saved by luck. For people like me, "luck" won't save them from their problems. I'm fine with shunning the world and going solo. It's what I've been doing since my sister died, and it's the path I've chosen for myself. If you think your words will be able to give me false ideals such as "hope" and save me, then you've forgotten how hard it was to believe in that when you were wallowing in despair. Go eat your words and preach your idealistic bull somewhere else, you dog to Ryuzaki."

Zeon left, slamming the door after him. Inu smiled, scratching the back of his head.

"I get it, Zeon. You've conveyed how you felt clearly in those last few words."

Kakusei sat across Maverick at a long desk inside the break room on the ground floor.

Maverick drank a cup of coffee while opening the documents. Kakusei looked at his cup, then at Maverick.

"What's the matter?" Maverick said. Kakusei's stomach made a queasy noise.

"If you're gonna punch me in the face, get it over with..." He looked at Maverick's bulging muscles, shuddering.

"I don't think I've seen someone so willing to be punched in the face before."

"If three out of four of you have done it, then you might as well complete the set. Besides, you look like the final boss..."

"Don't let these beauties scare you. My muscles are used for ramming trucks into innocent people's houses under Ryuzaki's orders!"

"That's even worse!"

"Anyways, let's get this interview started." Maverick began writing in his document. "What's your full name?"

"Kakusei Amehana."

"Your age?"

"I'm eighteen."

"Your crush?"

"Eh? This is a question...?"

"Please answer honestly and truthfully." Maverick began winding up his fist.

"O-okay, okay. Can we go back to that question later?"

"Sure, if my muscle brain doesn't forget." Maverick put a big circle around the box. "Were you present with Rukia, Chiharu and Zeon at the Dragon Empire Event?"

"Yeah. I wish Zeon wasn't there, though."

"Oh? Why's that?"

"For the record... this won't get leaked, right?"

"Nah."

"Alright, then. I'll speak to my heart's content."

"You better." Maverick pointed at his fist, only to be disrupted by Kakusei kicking the table.

His sugary sweet smile faded into grimace as the table rattled. Maverick gulped.

Kakusei put his foot down, running a hand through his hair and sighing heavily.

"If I were to put it nicely, Zeon's a boring pansy."

"If you were to not put it nicely?"

"He's in my way."

"Of what?"

"Let's return to that question from earlier."

"Your crush?"

"Rukia Takanori."

Maverick scribbled it down, feeling beads of sweat run down the back of his neck. Goosebumps tingled all over his forearms as he listened to Kakusei.

"Things that I want will be mine. I don't care what it is, but as long as I desire it, I'll have it. No matter what." Kakusei said. "Rukia is an extremely good-looking person. Her face, body and personality are that of a goddess. I would love to own her like she was my own personal property."

"Do you want me to phone the police?"

Kakusei kicked the table again, flipping it over. Maverick caught it, staring at Kakusei.

"Fufu. My bad."

"What a destructive, arrogant boy."

Maverick flipped the table back into it's original position, picking up the papers scattered on the floor.

"I'll take those words as a compliment."

Kakusei regained his refreshing smile as Maverick placed the papers back on the table.

"Do you want to talk about it some more?"

"I'd love to talk shit about Zeon. It's been forever since I've been able to vent how frustrating that boy is." Kakusei swung his foot at the table again, and stopped just before impact. "My bad. I have a habit of destroying things when talking about stuff I hate."

"It's fine. Just don't trash this room up."

"I'll try to. No promises, though." Kakusei said. "Zeon's an ungrateful attention seeker. He's the son of the Ishima family for fucks sake - he's more well off then the rest of us, but acts unreasonably depressed, begging for validation and attention. He's becoming a NEET, which is equivalent to saying that he doesn't care about his life, or his future. Just grow up and stop acting so childish, you stuck up cunt...!"

Kakusei punched the side of the table, laughing to himself.

"But you know what I hate most about him? It's how weak he is. It's disgusting. He can't stand on his own two feet without leeching off another person. To put it simply, he's a parasite that injected itself into my friend group, and is sucking all he can from Rukia." Kakusei said. "And that pisses me off the most. Rukia is mine. No one else will even lay a finger on her, because she is my property. I'll kill that pool of infesting bacteria with my own two hands if I have to."

Maverick swallowed a lump in his throat.

"You're serious?"

"Does this look like the face of someone who's joking?"

"Well, I guess not."

"Fufu. Let's finish up this interview."

"Kakusei, can I ask a more personal question?"

"What?"

"What made you think this way about things or people?"

"I guess I'll humour you for a bit. You might be surprised to hear, but I'm not the delinquent type. Ever since elementary school, I've been the popular pretty boy type. Girls were flocking to me all the time. But there was this one girl who stole my heart away in my second year of high school. But unlike those girls who looked at me with love-heart eyes, she gave me the cold shoulder. I was fully confident in my abilities to sway her, but it turns out she was already swayed by another boy."

Kakusei kicked the table, flipping it over. Maverick was caught off guard, and stood as the table crashed to the floor.

"Fufu... Deep within me, something sparked. I really wanted that girl to be mine. She was wasted on a no-name like him. So I did the one thing I could."

Kakusei pointed at his fist, and grinned. Maverick grimaced.

"I beat down that no-name bastard who tried to take away what was mine. I made sure to thoroughly destroy him." Kakusei laughed. "Fufu... it was exhilarating, seeing all my classmates faces go pale upon hearing my fist cracking that boy's head."

"In an instant, their pretty boy turned delinquent..."

"Basically. I was a pretty adept fighter myself, and that no-name was the study type. So of course it wasn't evenly-matched. That girl cried and pleaded for me to stop, but I couldn't. No way was I going to let that no-name bastard get away with it."

"What happened after?"

"I got expelled."

"That's hardcore."

"Funny enough, the same thing happened in my next high school. Another pretty girl that was mine, but had a boyfriend. This time, he was the athletic type, but I wouldn't let that dissuade me. I crushed his pride and manhood in that single match. The girl was broken seeing me tear apart that no-name. I still don't get why to this day... I did her a favour."

"Let me guess, you got expelled?"

"Yeah. I ended up transferring to Seigatsu after a bunch of other high schools rejecting me. Turns out, when your school has a shitty reputation, and poor perception from the public, they'll accept just about anybody."

"So, you're gonna do the same thing to Zeon?"

"If he gets in my way, I won't be afraid to beat him down. Then, he'll have a real reason to act depressed. Otherwise, Rukia is a free girl... isn't she?" Kakusei sighed.

"What's so special about him anyways? Your ex-boyfriend? You never told me you dated someone famous."

"I've only ever had one boyfriend, thank you very much. And no, it wasn't Kyle."

"Who's he? An ex?"

"It's... complicated."

"It's complicated." Maverick said.

"Everyone says that, but no one explains why. Just tell me straight, does she have a boyfriend for not?"

"Yeah."

"Fufu... fufufufufu..."

Kakusei walked over to the kettle, and smashed it to the floor. Scorching hot water spilled out of the broken device and onto his hand.

"Why... why are all of the girls that are mine, taken by some other no-name bastard...?!"

Maverick gulped, backing away. Kakusei reared his head to Maverick, curling his burnt hand into a fist.

"What's his name?"

"Kakusei, what are you planning on doing?"

"I'm going to destroy him and Zeon... for getting in my way."

Kakusei punched the fridge, bruising his knuckles. A faint dent was left on the cover.

"Well, I'll give you some "good" news... Her boyfriend is missing."

Turning his head to Maverick, Kakusei rose an eyebrow.

"Missing? Is this the "complicated" situation? Maverick, you should've told me sooner before I destroyed this kettle... fufu." Kakusei leaned down and picked up the broken pieces, placing them on the counter. "If he's missing, then I don't need to destroy anyone. I'll just have to persuade her to become mine."

"I... see. Well, let's conduct the interview now, shall we?"

"What a bore." Kakusei sighed. His smile came back to him. "But, fine. Only because you gave me valuable information."

"I'll keep this quick and short. What did you see when Kyle Black revealed himself to the public?"

"Kyle lost a cardfight to Ayato. Then he took off his mask and ran off. I tried finding him, but to no avail."

"Is that all?"

"I didn't know he was even a person before that day."

"Right... well, that concludes it I guess. You can go, if you wish."

"Thanks, Maverick. You're a big help."

"No... problem."

As Kakusei left, waving bye-bye, Maverick sighed, ruffling his hair. Wiping the sweat off his forehead, he shivered.

"That aura he gave off... is terrifying."

On the second floor, in the chairman's office, Ryuzaki and Rukia sat opposite one another.

"It's been a long time since we've talked, Rukia. How's finding Yza?"

"Ah, we're getting close. Zeon made a portal to Cray."

"Did he now? I could've made one faster with all the money I have."

"Actually, how do you have all this money?"

"It's something not even the guy who made me or the guy who writes this story can answer."

"Eh? I didn't hear you."

"Because I'm Ryuzaki."

"Ohh... well, I guess I should've expected that."

"I'm rich, so suck my half-Japanese half-Hispanic dick!"

"No thanks."

"Don't worry, you can save that for Yza. After all, you were gonna suck him off after he saved the world."

"When... when did I say that?"

"Wrong dimension. Anyways, your name?"

"Um... Rukia Takanori."

"Your age?"

"Eighteen."

"Your crush?"

"Yza, obviously."

"I already wrote it down. Man, I must've been super drunk while making this interview, half of these questions don't make sense..."

"Well, ask away anything on there."

"I'll cut to the chase. We want to find Kyle. I've reviewed the footage you sent me and found nothing conclusive. Is there anything else that happened that might lead us to an answer?"

"After seeing that, he left the Dragon Empire Branch. Then, me, Kakusei, Zeon and Chiharu ran around trying to find him, to no avail."

"What time was it roughly?"

"Well, Kyle revealed himself at around 11pm I think. Then, we spent at least 20 minutes trying to find him."

"So he fled pretty fast."

"Yeah."

"By the way, Rukia. There's another reason I called you out here."

"What would that be?"

"It's about the truth."

"The truth?"

"It's regarding Yza."

"Tell me. All of it."

"It's not a nice truth, Rukia."

"I don't care. You just brought it up, Ryuzaki. I deserve answers about my boyfriend."

"Would you be willing to take on such a heavy burden?"

"Yes! Tell me, right now."

"Alright. I'll tell you what happened to Yza."

"Wait. Before you do, what's your proof?"

"Birth certificates."

"...Huh?"

"Just let me explain-" A knock came from the door. Ryuzaki sighed. "Come in."

The door opened, and Kakusei was standing outside, smiling. He waved at Rukia.

"C'mon, are you done with your interview yet?"

"Give us-"

"Yeah, we're wrapped up here. Rukia, you can go."

"But Ryuzaki-"

"Rukia. You can go."

Rukia frowned, and nodded.

"I understand. Thank you for today's interview, Ryuzaki."

"It's a pleasure. Nice meeting you as well, Kakusei."

Kakusei waved at Ryuzaki.

"Same here. I didn't know you were richer than Zeon. Talk about the good life."

"Bye." Rukia waved.

"See you kids soon."

As she left the room, Kakusei closed the door behind them, then slung an arm around Rukia's shoulder.

"What should we go do now? It's rare to be up so early in the morning."

"To be honest, I was going to go home." Rukia tapped on Kakusei's arm.

"Ah, sorry. Habit." Kakusei removed his arm. "Home, huh. Want me to walk you back?"

"I wouldn't mind."

"I do it often enough. The girls in our class are always asking me..."

"It must be difficult, being popular." Rukia laughed.

"It can be overbearing. But to be honest, I'm fine with just being with you."

"Is that so?" Rukia smiled.

"Haha, yeah."

"Shall we go get Zeon and Chiharu too?"

"They already left." Kakusei glanced behind him.

"I see."

Kakusei and Rukia left the building, and made their way home. On the way there, Kakusei initiated a conversation.

"Who's Yza?"

"He's one of my childhood friends."

"Ehh? What school does he attend?"

"Seigatsu. Why?"

"Huh, have I met him before?"

"Ah, no. He's... out of the country right now."

"Seriously? He's allowed to do that?"

"He's half-English."

"That's fancy. So what's Ryuzaki on about the "truth"?"

"You heard our conversation?"

"When I came to your interview room, I caught that much. I wasn't eavesdropping. I promise."

"...I see. Well, it's complicated."

"You said he was your boyfriend in that room."

Rukia stopped, looking at Kakusei. Kakusei turned around and laughed.

"What's wrong, Rukia?"

"I'm sorry, it's nothing." Rukia shook her head and continued walking beside Kakusei.

"So, the truth is about your boyfriend, Yza? Is he cheating on you with a girl in England, then?"

"...Yeah. Sorry for lying, Kakusei."

"No worries. I'm surprised to learn that much. Perhaps, it's a secret?"

"Kind of. I just don't like talking about it."

"My bad. Sorry for bringing it up."

"It's alright."

"So, he's a cheating scumbag... why don't you break up with him already?"

"Kakusei, please stop."

Rukia sighed, biting her lip. Kakusei glanced at her over his shoulder, the corners of his lips smirking.

"That's right. You're mine, Rukia."

At the Mikazuchi Mansion, Ryuzaki and Maverick were sitting in the living room, reclining on the sofas.

"These interviews were pretty big failures." Ryuzaki threw a document on the coffee table.

"We learnt a lot about the people we interviewed though."

"It's not like we didn't learn anything new about our friends, though. Unless, you're referring to Kakusei."

"Yeah... after digging around, he got expelled each time for hospitalising the students he beat up. He's a dangerous one."

"Unlike Callum, who had Izanoku put a leash on him, Kakusei's a free man with no one holding him back... plus, he doesn't play Vanguard. Reasoning with him through a cardfight won't work. What a troublesome enemy."

"He's more than ready to beat up anyone in his way. We should probably stay out of his way and not ignite whatever makes him tick."

"It's not even our problem in the first place. I had no intentions stepping in, because there's the more pressing matter of Kaiko and Kyle being alive. Just what the hell did Ayaza do to these two to bring them back?"

"Wouldn't a warning to Rukia and Zeon at least be reasonable?"

"I got Payic on it already. Who knows how they'll react to it."

"I see."

"For now, lets continue this investigation of the hooded figures. with two of the seven identities revealed, we need to find out the remaining five now."

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#54: Crystal Edge

Kristy: Yozora and I are going to the amusement park this weekend! I'm super excited!

================================

A/N

This chapter was one of the most exhausting to write. Hi, it's me again.

Honestly, the difficulty comes from the word count. It makes writing pretty laggy, so going to re-edit and such is a hassle.

Originally, this chapter would be more C4 focused, but I decided that focusing on the current cast would be more useful. Unfortunately, no C4 hijacks happened, but I hope their return made you laugh even a little.

The next chapter will be quite important. Please don't miss it!

That's all, Fox out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro