#54: Crystal Edge

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It's been fun living as his little sister.

I've watched all the events unfold, up until this very moment.

This was a consequence of my actions.

There is one final arrangement left.

Right now, I—

"Yza Blade."

—will disappear from this world.

(Opening here)

Chopsticks in one hand, eggs in the other, Yozora cracked the eggs into a pan, watching them sizzle and firm up. He was in the kitchen, humming to himself.

"I wonder why Chiharu had to go so early."

Kristy ran down the stairs, giggling with her hands up in the air. She barged into the kitchen, looking at Yozora with sparkling eyes.

"Kristy, what's the matter?"

Her lips pursed, and turned into a smug smile. Yozora raised a brow.

"...e-eh?"

"Big bro, don't tell me you forgot!"

"Um... I think I did."

"It's my birthday today!"

Yozora blinked, his chopsticks jerking into an egg yoke. As the yoke spilled onto the other eggs, Yozora scrambled them with an awkward smile.

"..."

Kristy's face paled, and she looked down on the floor. She pouted, and tears welled up in the corners of her eyes.

"Big bro... you... forgot?"

Yozora gulped, and slid the cooked eggs onto a plate.

"I'm sorry Kristy. I was busy with work."

"Oh... no time for me huh?" Kristy smiled weakly as she wiped her tears.

"I really am sorry, Kristy... my sense of time is just..." Yozora's voice trailed off as Kristy hugged him. Yozora hugged back, placing a hand on her head.

"I know, big bro... you were in a coma after all. I should've been more respectful..."

"Don't act like you're at fault! It's your dumb big brother who forgot... Tell you what, to make up for my mistake, you can do whatever you want for your birthday."

"Really?"

"Yes. Whatever you want, I'll do it."

Kristy looked up at Yozora, smiling widely. Her eyes sparkled, and Yozora laughed.

"I wanna go to the amusement park!"

"Sure! We can go after we eat breakfast."

"Thanks big bro! You're the best!"

Kristy buried her face into his stomach, and Yozora smiled at her.

"For once, big bro's cooking was good."

"I can at least make scrambled eggs and toast..."

Yozora put on a coat as Kristy waited at the door.

"Your best dish is still rice and raw eggs."

"This is why we let mom do the cooking."

"Hehe, I guess."

"Are you sure you want to go with just me?"

"Yeah. Mom and dad are busy with work, so I'm happy that you're here at least. Plus, big sis went out already."

"I guess. Well, let's go."

Yozora and Kristy left the house, and sat on the stairs outside the house. Then, a limousine pulled up in front of the house. Rolling down the drivers window, Zeon's butler, Johan waved.

"Hey Yozora! I got your call. Let's get the birthday girl in here!"

"Big bro, when did you prepare this?!" Kristy's eyes were sparkling.

"I asked Zeon for a favour."

Johan opened the door for them, bowing. Kristy and Yozora entered inside, only to meet Zeon who was sitting in the back.

"Eh? Zeon's here too?!"

"Happy birthday, Kristy."

"Zeon, thanks for doing this." Yozora bowed.

"It's fine man. Sorry that I'm here, I was on my way home when I got your message. So I just asked Johan to redirect the limo to your place so we could pick you up."

Kristy sat next to Zeon, and threw her hands into the air.

"Best birthday ever! Zeon, will you come with us to the amusement park?!"

"Ah, sorry, I cant. I have some other things I need to do. But, I did prepare a last minute birthday present."

Digging around his wallet, Zeon took out a total of one hundred thousand yen. He gave it to Kristy.

"Use it wisely."

"Zeon, that's spoiling her..."

"It's fine big bro! I'll buy something really special with this!"

"Fine. Do you want me to put it in my wallet?"

"Okay." Kristy handed him the money. Yozora put it away, and bowed at Zeon.

"Thank you very much again. You're too generous."

"Ah, no. Anything to make her birthday better."

"We'll be arriving shortly." Johan said.

Parking outside the entrance, Yozora and Kristy exited the limousine. Waving goodbye to Zeon and Johan, they entered the amusement park.

Being early in the morning, there weren't many people around. Yozora and Kristy held hands, walking around together and glancing at the attractions on display.

"Ah, this is pretty refreshing." Yozora said.

"I wanna ride the rollercoasters!"

"Sure. Which one?"

Kristy pointed at the highest rollercoaster, that towered above all the other rides.

The Crystal Drop.

Yozora shivered, and patted Kristy's head.

"A-are... you sure?"

"Yes! I wanna go on that one!"

"...well, I did say you can whatever you want. Let's go then."

"Take the ride with me, big bro!"

"Ahaha... your big bro doesn't really like rides, but..." Yozora looked at Kristy's pouting cheeks. "Ah, I can't say no to my own little sister."

"Yay!"

Yozora and Kristy went into the Crystal Drop's entrance, and sat in the front cart. A few others were on the ride as well, but were spread out on the back.

Kristy grinned, bouncing up and down in her seat. Yozora pulled the bar down, and held onto it.

"I'm starting to regret this a little..."

The rollercoaster began to move, the carts rumbling unsteadily. They looped around on the floor a couple times, before arriving at the bottom of the hill.

"The anticipation for the drop is scaring me..."

Yozora was shaking as the rollercoaster made its way up the hill, edging up the track bit by bit. Kristy was giggling as she looked down at the amusement park below them.

"Big bro, the view from here is amazing!"

"I'm not looking, I'm not looking, I'm not looking!"

The cart stopped at the peak of the rollercoaster. Kristy's eyes shined while Yozora squeezed his shut. He held onto the railing, palms sweaty.

At the highest point, above everything else, Kristy glanced at Yozora.

"Thank you, big brother."

The ride edged itself over the peak.

It dropped, speeding down the tracks. Everyone screamed as they fell from the top to the bottom in seconds.

The ride ended, and Yozora got out of the cart holding his mouth. Kristy was giggling, following him.

"How was that, big bro?"

"...I can't tell whether I enjoyed or—"

Yozora ran to a rubbish bin and began throwing up in it. Kristy patted his back and laughed a little.

"Are you okay, big bro?"

"I'll be... fine." Yozora continued to throw up into the bin.

Yozora and Kristy sat on a bench as it reached lunchtime. They spent a few hours in the amusement park, going on rides, playing the stall games and going on the bumper cars.

Kristy was eating at some cotton candy while Yozora drank another bottle of water to stomach what had happened.

"Hey, big bro..."

"Yeah?"

"Let's get lunch at the family diner. I want the kids set!"

"Sure. You okay with walking over there?"

"Yeah." Kristy smiled.

Yozora and Kristy left the amusement park, and walked hand in hand to the family diner down the street.

Someone bumped into Kristy, knocking her down to the floor. The man glanced at Yozora and Kristy, grinning.

"Ah, sorry. Wasn't paying attention."

"O-ow.." Kristy moaned. Yozora helped her back up and sent a sharp gaze at the man.

"Oh, you look kind of familiar, actually."

"I do?"

"Yeah, yeah... Yozora Shinsei, wasn't it? I didn't know you were into younger girls."

"She's my little sister." Yozora shuffled Kristy behind him and held her hand tightly. "If you excuse us, we'll be going on our way."

They turned around and walked away. The man let out a small chuckle.

"I'm surprised that fight versus Gyze didn't scramble your head back into shape."

Yozora stiffened up, and Kristy looked between both boys.

"Big bro...?"

"Who are you?"

"Ayaza."

Yozora turned around, staring at Ayaza. He took out his phone, and scrolled through his contacts.

Ayaza walked up to him, and placed a hand on Yozora's phone.

"I'm not here to pick a fight. To be quite frank, I'm here for another reason." Ayaza shifted his focus to Kristy.

Kristy trembled, hiding behind Yozora's back. She gripped onto his shirt, gulping.

Yozora dropped his phone, and balled his hands into fists.

"Don't you fucking dare look at Kristy like that! I'll kick you so hard in the ass you'll be shitting from your garbage mouth, you disgusting asshole!"

"Be careful. Your sister is listening." Ayaza smiled.

"Kill yourself." Yozora's fist was twitching. Holding it in place was a gentle hand, and wrapping around his neck was an arm.

"Crystal Edge. Stop playing this charade and explain it to him straight. I didn't gather all the pieces for Gyze only for Yozora to not even remember a single memory."

Kristy narrowed her eyes at him.

"...shut up!" Yozora tried to swing his fist, but was held back by a hand gripping his arm. "GET OFF ME, UBUME! I'M GOING TO BEAT THIS SHITHEAD DOWN MY TWO BARE FISTS!"

"That's all I wanted to say." Ayaza waved as he left. "By the way, your phone's kind of cracked."

Yozora huffed, looking down at his feet while Ubume held onto him.

"Get off me Ubume... get off me!"

"Don't let your rage consume you, Yozora..."

"I won't forgive him... I won't forgive him! He's the reason why I was in a coma for three months! He's the reason why I had all my mental breakdowns! He's the reason why I can't live as Yozora! I JUST WANT TO LIVE AS MYSELF! But everyone else goes on and on about "the truth", about my "memories", about my "mental state" like they're living it! I'm sick and tired... I'm sick and tired of being pulled apart and analysed like I'm a lab rat!!"

"Your sister... she's crying."

Yozora's head jerked up, his eyes widening. He looked over his shoulder, to see Kristy sobbing into his back.

"...Kristy..."

"Please stop, big bro... you're ruining it... you're ruining my birthday..."

Yozora looked at his shaking hands, and clenched his jaw. Suppressing his scream, he picked up the phone from the floor, and put it into his pocket.

"I'm sorry... Kristy."

Yozora turned around, embracing her. He gritted his teeth, holding back his tears.

Ubume embraced the two of them.

Inside the family diner, Yozora and Kristy sat by the window. Kristy was happily eating away at her kids meal, while Yozora just had a bento box.

"Hey, Kristy, about earlier..."

"Don't worry about it. Today's lunch is the best!"

"But, I..."

"I don't understand what you're going through, big bro. But even if I don't know, I'll try to respect your life."

"You're so mature, Kristy. Even more than I am." Yozora laughed. "You've never once cried or complained... or asked for anything... even though I've been one of the worst big brothers, going off around the world, slipping into comas, and forgetting... no, ruining your birthday, you still forgive me."

"That's just a little sister's duties." Kristy smiled. "But... there's one thing I'd love to do with you, big bro."

"What is it? I'll do anything for you."

"Can we... play Vanguard?"

"Of course. I'll teach you, and-"

"Um, actually, I already know how to play. In fact... hehe." Kristy took out two boxes from her bag. "I brought both our decks... because I was planning on asking to play with you."

Yozora blinked, rubbing his eyes.

"You have a deck? How have I never noticed?"

"A girl will keep her secrets hidden at any costs." Kristy winked.

"Yeah, sure..." Yozora laughed.

Kristy pushed his deck to him, and she took her deck.

"Is it okay if we play here?"

"Yeah, I'm fine with it."

The two set-up on the table shortly after.

"I'm excited to see what clan you play."

"It's the same as yours, big bro!"

Yozora stiffened up.

"You also use Stardust Knights...?"

"Yep!"

"When did you...?"

"It was just laying around."

"I... see."

"Let's play!"

"Alright..."

"Stand up, Vanguard!"

"Starting Star Dragon!" Kristy said, her vanguard circle expanding white.

"Reborn Phoenix of Star Demon Series, Hou-Ou!" Yozora said, his vanguard circle expanding light blue.

"Big bro, you go first!"

Yozora nodded, looking at the card Kristy flipped up. He half smiled.

"Stand and draw! I ride, Shapeshifting Star Demon Series, Bakeneko! Hou-Ou moves back. I use Hou-Ou's skill, I rest him and discard a card to draw one. I end."

Yozora:
Hand: 5
Damage: 0
Drop: 1
OXO
OXO

Kristy:
OXO
OOO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Stardust Serpent! Starting Star Dragon moves back! Boosted by Starting Star, Serpent attacks! (7000 > 12000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Ferocious Scout, Starbau)"

"Damage check! (Ignite Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai)"

"Turn end."

Yozora:
Damage: 1
Drop: 1
OXO
OXO

Kristy:
Hand: 6
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Hungry Star Demon Series, Futakuchi-onna! Hou-Ou's skill, rest, discard, draw a card, and Futakuchi-onna gets 5k! (9000 > 14000) Futakuchi-onna, attack! (14000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Fiery Soul Star Demon Series, Janjanbi) Critical trigger! All to vanguard! (14000 > 19000/1★ > 2★)"

"Hey, no fair!" Kristy pouted. "Damage check! (Dust Robo-warrior, Eclipse, Prism Star Break, Shimada)"

"Hehe, sorry about that. Should I go easier on you?"

"I want big bro to go all out!"

"Good, because I never planned on holding back. Turn end."

"Neither do I!"

Yozora:
Damage: 1
Drop: 2
OXO
OXO

Kristy:
Damage: 2
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw! I ride, Ferocious Scout, Starbau! Boosted by Starting Star, Starbau attacks! (9000 > 14000)"

"No guard!"

"Drive check! (Prism Star Break, Shimada)"

"Damage check! (Landscaping Star Demon Series, Daidarabotchi)"

"Turn end!"

Yozora:
Drop: 2
OXO
OXO

Kristy:
Hand: 7
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw. Are you ready?"

"Yes! I wanna see your avatar!"

"Alright then! Blue stardust that forms the demons, gather in my palm and become the person I want to be! I ride my avatar, Odd Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai!" Yozora's vanguard circle expanded light blue. "His skill! I discard a card and reveal the top four cards of my deck! I add one to hand, call another, and put the rest to drop zone! I add Bakeneko to hand, and call Akashita! Hou-Ou's skill, I rest and discard to draw a card and give Akashita 5k! (9000 > 14000) Akashita, attack! (14000)"

"No guard! (Meteor Shower Shield)"

"Myo-kurenai attacks next! (11000)"

"No guard!"

"Twin drive! (Paving Star Demon Series, Shidaidaka, Protector Star Demon Series, Zashiki-warashi)"

"Damage check! (Tricky Stardealer) Draw trigger! All to vanguard and draw."

"Turn end."

Yozora:
Hand: 8
Drop: 6
XXO
OXO

Kristy:
Damage: 4
OXO
OXO

"Stand and draw!" Kristy smiled. "Big bro, I'm having a lot of fun right now..."

"That's good to hear."

"I wish... this match would never end."

"I love spending time with you, Kristy."

"Me too! But..."

"But?"

"...tonight, I'll tell you."

"Tonight?"

"Chivalrous dragon that shines on this world! Step forth into the light where the darkness meets it's end! I ride my avatar, Prism Balance Breaker, Shooting Star Dragon!" The vanguard circle expanded a bright rainbow colour.

"̷̭̮͋̆ͅS̵̫͋̔t̴͈̫̑̅a̵̞̅͋n̷̟̹̾d̷͓̗̏ ̸̠͚̐͒a̶͍͠ǹ̴̠͕̉͠ͅd̴̹̭̠̉ ̸̯͛̚d̷̪͙̓r̵̮̤͖͂̕a̸͕͖̽́̑ẃ̵̤̅!̵̣̇̆̃ ̴̱̆ͅC̸̹̤̼͊̄̑h̸̹͙̽͒͘î̶̮̈v̸̺̩̻́a̵̢̖͐l̴̖̈́͝͝r̸̬̝̽ò̶̯͚̞̔͂ǘ̷̼͙s̷̰̓ ̶̮̦̅d̵̻̻̗́̀r̴̛̬̪͘ä̸̰͉̋̓ģ̶̞̭̈́̾ö̷͎̽n̴͇̺̂̌ ̷̠͖̘͛͑͋ṫ̴̪̜̰̉h̵͇͚͈̆͌a̷̮̼͙͐̈̃t̴͇̥̝̊̎͝ ̶̻̾ş̴̺͖̋h̵͕̾i̷͙͋n̷͙̥̽͂̅e̶̝̾̀ś̷̫̆ ̸̣̈͑ͅõ̶̪̒̀n̶̨̰̝̽ ̴̭̰̰̃͌t̴̏̀͝ͅh̸̡̗̬̚į̸̤̄̍̕s̶̯̥̆͋̓ ̸̟̈́̆w̶͈͝ȍ̴̏͑͜r̶͇̯̆̒̆l̴͉͎͇̾̈́d̸͓̈́̾!̸̡͇͖̓̒ ̸͈̍̃S̴̹̚t̶̪͎̀̂̈é̶̠͎p̸̹̣̠͌̇̿ ̶̱̳́f̴̻̒̔ŏ̵̠̲̍͝ͅr̷̜̝̿̋t̵̞̬̐͒͜h̶̖͊ ̶̢̪̓̎̀ȋ̷͈̳n̸̝̜͙̕t̸͎̿͌̍ŏ̴͍̄ ̸̟͂ẗ̷̰͇ͅḧ̷̙̬̞́̐e̵̯͔̗͗͑͝ ̸͉̺͆͂l̸̦̗̈́̏ĭ̷̛͎͔͛ĝ̵͎̊̇h̷̥̔̏̑t̵͙̝̲̓ ̴͇̏͠ẘ̶̠̑͛ͅͅh̷͈̔͛e̸̖͕͋̓r̶͈͂͂́ȇ̷̠ ̸̺̘̉̂ţ̸̬̩̔̆̀ḩ̶͓̾͠e̴̖̒ ̶̹̺̪̔d̶͇̘̙̈ḁ̸̺͍͑r̸͖͉̪̔̽k̸͈̋̂̒n̵̝̿̀e̵̩̓̌̎s̵̤̲͗͋͝s̷͓͉̅ ̵̨̞̀̄͝ṃ̵̤̻̓ê̵͎̝̳̌̾ȇ̵͇̊̿t̷̫̫̊ͅs̶̰̻̋͠ ̶͊̐̌ͅi̷̲͊͛̃t̵̞̞̾̆̋'̴̼̜̦̄͌̉s̵̯̓̒̽ ̶̱̩̒ẽ̶̖n̴̜̺̝̂̌̚d̸̨̤͋̌!̸̛̳͚͒"̸̪̮̫̑ ̷̢̠̊͗͂P̴͔͘u̵̖̔̐ṫ̵͓͍͌t̸͙̐̀ị̵̫̇n̵̢̙̅̾g̴͇̖͛ ̵̢̯͐́a̵̜͚̼̅ ̸̲̠͕̐̎̕c̵̮̀ȧ̴̬̰̽r̴̥͑̓ḑ̴̩͒̈́͜͝ ̵̦̫̘̎͐ô̷̭̠͖n̸̤̰̊ ̷̧̰͒̀t̴͇͈̗͌h̵͔̝͌́͆e̶̗͒͑ ̵͚̫̑̀͘v̸̠̈́a̸͇̼͐̕ṉ̵̟̥̍g̸̙͍̓̈́̿u̸̻̎͝a̴̞̬̠͛̅̓r̷̺͠ḋ̶͕̑ ̶̗̭́͂c̵̨͇͔̊̅̅i̸͕̝͂̎r̷͍͈̅c̶̦̱̼̄͒̀l̸̨̢̹͌e̸̼͕̔̓̉,̸͎̺̃͘ ̷̣͖̟̓͌͠i̷̧̲̋͂ṱ̷́ ̸̯̭̎̚ͅe̶͕̞̿͛̇x̶̞̐p̶̱̹̜͊̂à̶̡̯̫͘n̵̟͙̽́͝d̶͕̈́͜e̴̡͉̓̓̐d̶̬̬̥̉̐ ̶̗͙͠ȧ̵͖͝ ̶̹̆̅̎b̷͓̣̻̏̆ŗ̶̿͌̽i̵̺̥̔̾g̴͖̲̓h̷̺̘̳͋̿̓t̷͈͋͋͜͠ ̸̨̟͕̓r̵̨̢̼͑ä̸̠́̔i̶̡̗̇̀n̴̜͂͌͝b̷̞̲̀͋̍ö̶͇̦̰́̈̈w̸̢̌͌̈́͜ ̷̱̙̌̊͝c̷̢̙̈́͛o̴͍̼͑ļ̷̦̈́o̷̬̩͌̓̿u̵͙̫̅̿r̷͚̦̤̎.̶̢̛̜͎̔͠ ̵͍̀̓"̷͖̥͇̄R̸̗̝̿͂̒i̶̓͘͜d̴̡̫͇̊̆ẹ̴̘͒̿ ̴̤͈̹͊m̸̗̈́͛͜ỳ̴̠̽ ̵̥͔͂a̷̙̰͋̊͛v̵̲͖͗͘ä̵̠̻̰̂͘t̸̪̤̋̄a̵̟̤̾r̴̜̀̍̎!̶̗̣̆̉̄ ̴̙̽̍̐P̸̭̈́͛͠ŗ̶͚̱̾͘͠í̸̢̳s̴̪̙̑̈́m̷̜̂̓͗ ̵̜̐͝B̸͔̟͇͊͛a̶̗̥̓͑̽l̶͕̄́͠á̸͎̓ṉ̷̡̛̭̋c̵̰̝̄e̷͎͊̓́ ̵͚͕̺͂̄Ḃ̸̩̪̯͋̓ȑ̴̭͆ḛ̶͈̏͠ä̶̤̅͂ͅk̴̝̔͒̃e̵̹̪̹̓̎r̶̡̓,̷̘̼͙͊ ̵̢͇̋ͅS̶̱̼͋̅h̵͍̎ͅò̸͔̣̳ǫ̵̉̂͜t̶̢̝̺͐i̸̳̐̎͝n̴͉͎̟̈̐g̸̰̫͋ ̶̠̈́Ś̷̛̛̱ţ̶̽͊̈́a̷̪̕r̵̙̩̒ ̸̯͈͊̆D̶͇̤̓̈́͠r̵̗̄͐ȁ̸ͅǧ̴̠̆́ò̶̢̠̝͛͘n̸̛͙͖̈̕!̴̦͇́̇"̸̺̿

Yozora froze, eyes widening. He stared at the card, body tensing up. Kristy looked at Yozora and smiled.

"I... remember."

Tears fell from Yozora's eyes.

"But did you want to remember?"

"Shut up, Ubume...!"

"Yozora. You can't run away forever."

"I'm not running away... I'm trying to move forward."

"You'll move forward when you accept that a vital part of who "you" are is missing."

"You're no better than the rest of them... always dragging me back to the past... I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER! I DON'T WANT TO BREAK AGAIN, YOU STUPID BITCH!"

"If I wasn't talking to you right here, you'd be kicking and screaming over this memory. Your emotions are delicate, so I'm doing my best to keep you together. You wouldn't want to ruin Kristy's birthday again, would you?"

"N-no, but... it's so hard... my whole body is burning, my mind feels like it's being drilled in...! A stupid memory coming at a time like this...? I HATE IT UBUME, I HATE IT!"

"I made a promise with you, Yozora. To keep you together, and to not let you disappear. Right now, your priority is providing Kristy with the best birthday ever. Forget about your pain. Forget about your memory. I'll destroy those for you. Right now, just enjoy your time with her. Because, it'll soon disappear..."

"That's right... if I break here, I'll be ruining her special day again..."

"Yes. You can take out your frustration on me later, okay? ♥︎"

"Okay..."

Yozora wiped his tears and chuckled.

"Sorry, Kristy... I just..."

"It's fine. Big bro has it tough, huh?"

"I'll... I'll be okay now. Let's... continue playing!"

"Okay! His on ride skill! Turn a face up damage face down!"

Yozora flipped a card over with a shaking hand.

"Generation Zone, unleash! The spirited next form of the founder of the Stardust Knight! Awaken to a new future and leave your mystic past behind! Cosmo Code Dragon, Shooting Star "Quasar Burst"!" The vanguard circle expanded a bright rainbow of colours.

"̵̨̹͕͗̾G̷̞̔̋e̸̗̳̮͠ń̶̜́̀͜ȩ̶̺͕̇̓͠r̸̝̗̙͑̕a̵̡̰̗̎̒̊ț̷̻̓̐ǐ̶̲̾o̵̡̻͑̇ņ̸̫̀́ ̷̫͐̏̓Z̸̛̖̫̬̊̓o̷̗̙͇̎̏͠ǹ̶͌ͅḛ̴̘̜̊͌,̴̭̣͒ ̸̺͌̑ṷ̷̓̽ṋ̴̡̠͒̍̚ĺ̴̯́̀e̵̛̖̦̔á̷̱̅s̴͉̺̫͆h̴̪̄!̷̠̗̟͐"̷̧͍̌́ ̸̺̀̅͝P̷̦̦̅́u̴̻̔t̴̙̤̣̄̾t̷̢̥͗̀̐i̵̳͎͛̒͊n̴̳̻̿g̷͕̞͒ ̵͕̔a̴̢̙̪͑̍͘ ̵̮̈́c̵͈̦͝a̷̰̲̰̍r̸̛͍͎͊̔d̷̪̎̂ ̷̢̬̩͆́͘ȋ̸͉͍͉n̵͖͈͋̕t̵̨̤̓͑̂ͅo̴͕̩̓͜ ̵̢̪̼̏̀d̶͇̣͂̇r̸̗͍͋̀͊ȯ̶͙͇̮͐p̴̖̦̼̈̾̚ ̶̬̲̟̿͒͂z̵̹̓o̶̭̒n̷̤̓͐̈́ȅ̷̡͍̗͋͝,̵̙̀ ̶̙̓͝s̶̨͕̾͌̚e̵̱̿a̴̮̿ͅr̴̨͔̝͒̑̚c̴̬͎̮̈́̚ȟ̴̖͝ē̴͖͔͝d̸̲̻́͝ ̸̧͎̰́̓G̷̝̹̞͂͘ ̷͎̗̉͗̐Z̸̜͉̆o̴̳͕̿ṋ̶̟̲͑é̸̡͕̎̉ ̸̨̖̞̽͘t̷̢̠̯̃́o̷̘̜̻͆͠ ̶͙̓̀̓ͅf̵̫̣̆i̷̮̣̇ǹ̶̛͔͗d̵͖̮̹͒͌̋ ̵̛̛͔a̵̢̱̝͛͊ ̴̱͝c̶̛͚̬͓̈̋a̶͓̹̿̓̊r̷̡̜͍̂̚d̷̤͋͆.̴̛̪̩ ̸̤͍̓͘"̸͙͈͆̉̇T̷̹͜͝h̷̫̩̆ȅ̶̙͋ ̷̜̫͖̂ŝ̸̛̪̱p̷̛̱̥̀i̷͖̟̎̇́ṙ̵͈̠̪̆i̵͓̥̽̂t̵͙̓͝è̴͔̪̍͋d̸̨̡͉̉ ̸̬̥̬̃͠n̴̢̻̆̂͝è̶̢͕̔x̴͔̀̋ṯ̷̬͆̂̉ ̷͖̘̠̽̚f̸̨̳͌̓̋ò̷̯͉̪r̷̯̄͗m̴̰͑ ̵̫̾̄̀ö̵͈̻̙́͘f̷͖͆̆̈́ ̷̥͆̃̋ṭ̷͉̄̓͛h̵̳̓̓͠ȇ̷͚̣ ̵͕̻͊f̴͎̱̅ȏ̴̩ṵ̴̈̏͒n̶̯̐͌͑ḏ̵͔̣̋̉ȅ̷͖͌̓r̷͎̃̀ ̷̞̪̑͗ͅȯ̶̠͛f̸͚̞́̂ ̸͉̝̭̄̃t̸̙̮̃ͅḧ̵͙́e̵̢͐ ̸̺̐̅̅Ś̸̠̐̑ṫ̵̪̓à̶̤͓͈̀͋r̵̩͋d̷̙̫̅͜͝ù̶͇̚s̷̥̯̲̀̎t̷̫͛ ̵̮̍Ķ̷͈͓͆́n̷̨̜͔͗͝ḭ̴̀ġ̵̙h̸̼͙̼̑̌̈́t̴̰̱̪̓̀!̷̤̥͗ ̷͓͓̫̆̃A̷̤̼̐̽͠ẁ̵̼̈͗a̶̰͌͝k̴̖̀̈́ê̷͍̩̦͘ǹ̶͇͘ ̷̞̏̉̿ţ̶̖̤̾̈́ő̵̧͉ ̵͍̮̎͘ã̵̖̀̃ ̶̖̺̿͝n̵͉̞̥͐̓̑e̶̠̹͗̕w̷͓̔͜ͅ ̸̧̠̄̏f̴̩͂̐̀u̷̮̟̎̚t̸̩̲̊ų̸̫̈ȓ̸̢͙ę̶̩̌̆ ̷̣̲̂͌̾a̵͍̹͚̍n̵͙̫̈́͒d̶͓͓̀̊ ̶̨͇́ḽ̸̫̈́̐̅ḙ̶̂à̷̹v̷̼̫͉̕e̶̛̼͊̚ ̵̧̻͌y̵̜͊̏͘o̴̱̘̳͌̔̊u̶̡̼̒̚r̵̲͉̈́ ̸̢̯̹̄͝m̷̨̏̽y̴̥̔̀́s̸͋̓̄ͅț̷̃i̷͕͕͌͐͊c̸̢̟͓̀ ̷̡̥͗̊͝p̷̞̔͋̋a̸̪̙̐͠s̸͔͖̒̅t̵̡̤͕̎ ̵͍̮͖͒̈b̷̡̃̈́͝e̵̛͙̋̀h̶͎̫̼̀i̷̱̥͛̏n̷̬͍͈̆d̵̡̲̕!̵̩̗̮͛̂ ̸̡͊C̴͇̳̋͐õ̵̞̙͇̍s̶̠͆͑m̴͔̘̚͜o̶̳̿̀̽ ̷̠̣̒̒̏C̶͇͗o̸̞͉̔̎̇ḓ̴̟̒͌̽e̷̳̯̋͊̾ ̵̨̫̗̿D̴͓̘̊r̴͇͖͆͆à̵̙̰g̴̗͇͒̑o̶̠͈͖͌n̷͈̍,̶̟̘͗̈ ̴̫̪͂̈́S̸̞̕͜͝h̵̻̤̚͝ő̸̥̱͍o̵̲͊͘t̸̤̝͈̂i̵̹͂͘͜n̴̮̣̄ͅg̸̙̬̟̈ ̸͚͓͍̾͆͝Ş̷̹͝t̸̘͇̗͊̋̑a̸̲̱̔̎̀r̴̘͕̲͝ ̷͓̼͗͐͜͠"̷̡̢̉̑Q̴̜̰̈̅̀ű̸̢̮̥́͠a̴̖̠̕s̷͎̆̄́a̵̱̪̎r̵̠̰̍̑ ̷̝̞͙̓B̶͙̄͜u̸̪͋r̶͎͔̚s̸͖̱͓̐t̶̫̗͗͝"̶̱̀̋̓!̷̭͔̍̕͜"̷̺̬̓̋ͅ ̷͂͜͠T̵̜̦͑̍͛h̷̜̦̅̎͠ë̶̮͍́̂̅ ̷̥̲̏͂v̷̖͒̌a̴̧̺͑̾͜n̵̲͈̑g̸̨̠̭̍͛̋u̸̳̝̒̈́ͅa̸̮̙̘̿ŗ̴̣̱̐̊̉d̶̛̥̈́́ ̵͉̌̿̉͜c̴͓̍͘ǐ̸̮͈̫͝r̷̹̳̃͝c̴̪̬͌l̶̺̩̙͛̈́͘ę̶͉̭̑͘ ̷̳͇̃͊̾ȇ̸̼̻̳́̕x̵̄̑ͅp̸̙̎â̴̼n̶̥̳̈́̆͗͜d̶̞̜͝ë̷͕́̇͗d̴̪̞̙͌̆̉ ̵̪̌̆̌a̵̱̿͝ ̴̟̊b̶̫̙̿̆r̸̨͖̗̀͐̚ĭ̶͖͛͐g̶͙̻̾h̷̰̬͝t̶͈̪̉ ̶̳̳̆r̷̜̄a̵̹̗̾̿͝ͅȋ̶̡̆̚͜ͅn̶̟̈́b̴̛̤͂̂o̶͉̓̏͜͝w̷̪͒ ̸̬̮͎̌͑c̴̢̞̳̐̄͋ọ̷͇͇̍̀̈́l̷̳͉̂ǫ̶̲͓̀u̴̺͆̈̒r̷̢͊ ̸̗̠̾õ̶̧̧̘ň̵͚̯̜͂c̴̙͍̾́͘ê̵̮̺̲ ̸̪̙͈̉a̴̖̾͝ǧ̶̋͜a̴̗̞̅̑i̷͉͂n̵̼̿̇̎ͅ.̶̼̼̻͊

Yozora dropped his hand cards, and held his head. Shaking, he let out deep breaths.

"Another one...?! ANOTHER FUCKING MEMORY THAT I DON'T EVEN FUCKING WANT! I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK, I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK, I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK, I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK, I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK... I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO I WAS..... PLEASE, STOP IT... STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP-"

"Just accept it."

Yozora wept into his hands. He growled and hissed, his chest rising and falling.

"You're not Ubume..."

"I know. I'm you."

"Big bro...?"

Yozora stiffened, then relaxed. Picking up his fallen cards, he forced a smile.

"I'm okay, Kristy..."

"If you don't want to play, you can tell me-"

"No. I'm not going to ruin your birthday again!"

"I don't like seeing you in pain, big bro..."

"I'm not that weak, Kristy. Your big bro is incredibly strong." Yozora patted her head.

"Okay... um, can I continue?"

"Be my guest."

Kristy smiled widely.

"Okay! Skill of Quasar, counterblast and G Persona Blast! You flip two damage face down, and for each you do not or cannot flip, I draw a card."

Yozora nodded, flipping his last damage face down. His hands were shaking less.

"You get to draw one."

"Yep!" Kristy drew a card and glossed over her hand. "Skill of Shimada in the damage zone! When turned face down, I soulblast and draw a card! Then, I use the Shimada in my hand to reveal him and put him to the bottom of my deck. I add a Prism Balance Breaker, Shooting Star Dragon to my hand! Then, I'll call Pleiades and Kasey! Boosted by Starting Star, Quasar Burst attacks! (26000 > 31000)"

"No guard!"

"Triple drive! (Stardust Scout, Dustbau, Stardust Scout, Dustbau, Starknight of the Twelfth Batalion) Critical trigger! Power to Pleiades, critical to Vanguard! (9000 > 14000) (1★ > 2★) This is revenge for earlier!" Kristy stuck out the tip of her tongue.

"Ahhh, lucky draw, that's all. Damage checks! (Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me, Odd Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai)"

"Boosted by Kasey, Pleiades attacks! (14000 > 21000) Their Enforce 3 skills! I retire both of your rear-guards!"

"Enforce?" Yozora moved Akashita and Hou-Ou to the drop zone.

"My cards become enforced when the total number of face down damage equals or exceeds the requirement! When a unit is enforced, they get access to these kind of cool skills!"

"Well, in that case, I'm going to Generation Guard! Shield Star Demon Series, Rokurokubi! Rokurokubi's skill, I put Akashita and Janjanbi from drop zone to the bottom of my deck, and she gets 5k shield! (26000 > 31000)"

"Ahh... Turn end. The damage I made you turn face down gets turned face up."

Yozora:
Hand: 7
Drop: 4
OXO
OOO

Kristy:
Hand: 9
XXO
XXO

"Stand and draw! Generation Zone, unleash! Widow Star Demon Series, Joro-Gumo, stride! Myo-kurenai's stride skill, I discard a card and reveal the top four cards of my deck! I add Kameosa to hand and call Te-no-me to rear-guard! He gets 5k, and the rest go to my drop zone! (9000 > 14000) I call Bakeneko to rear-guard, and use his skill. I bind him, and call Akashita from deck, and he gets a new skill. Akashita's skill, I place a card from my drop zone to the bottom of my deck to soulcharge one (Odd Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai), and he gets 7k! (9000 > 16000)"

"Starting Star Dragon's skill. Since a card went back into deck, I counterblast and put him into soul, to reveal the top three cards of my deck and call one from among them. I call, Dust Robo-warrior, Eclipse. I put the rest to drop zone."

"I use Joro-Gumo's skill! Counterblast and G Persona Blast, I return three cards from my drop zone to deck, then I retire one of your rear-guards! Pleiades goes! Then, since it was grade a 2, she gets an extra drive! (3 > 4)"

"Eclipse's skill. Since my rear-guard was retired, I put it to the bottom of my deck instead."

"Is that so... following that, I'll call Kameosa and use his Stellar 1 skill! I soulblast and put two cards from drop zone to the bottom of my deck, he gets 5k! (4000 > 9000) Joro-Gumo's Stellar 4 skill! I G Blast, and I draw a card and retire Eclipse! Akashita attacks! (16000)"

"Twelfth Battalion, guard! (21000)"

"Akashita's Stellar 3 skill! I counterblast and soulblast, draw a card and stand him! Now, Joro-Gumo attacks! (26000/4)"

"Meteor Shower Shield, perfect guard!"

"Quadruple drive! (Ignite Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai, Landscaping Star Demon Series, Daidarabotchi, Hungry Star Demon Series, Futakuchi-onna, Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me) In that case, boosted by Kameosa, Te-no-me attacks! His stellar 3, add 5k! (9000 > 14000 > 23000) Then, his other skill! Counterblast one, draw a card, and return two cards in drop zone to deck!"

"Generation Guard! Starshrine Praying Miko, Kaori! Enforce 2, add 10k shield! (26000 > 36000)"

"Akashita attacks one more time! (16000)"

"Stardust Angel, guard! (21000)"

"Bakeneko's skill. I return Akashita and two cards from my drop zone to my deck, and call Bakeneko from bind zone to rear-guard as rest. Turn end. Kameosa returns to deck."

Yozora:
Hand: 12
Drop: 0
OXX
OXO

Kristy:
Hand: 4
OXO
XOO

"Stand and draw! Shooting Star Dragon's Generation Break 2 skill! I soulblast, and you can choose a card from your hand, and call it to rear-guard. If you don't, counterblast for me."

"I'll call Daidarabotchi."

"Generation Zone, unleash! The spirited next form of the founder of the Stardust Knight! Awaken to a new future and leave your mystic past behind! Cosmo Code Dragon, Shooting Star "Quasar Burst"!" The vanguard circle expanded a bright rainbow of colours. "Stride skill, flip a damage face down! Then, Quasar Burst's skill! I counterblast and G Persona Blast! Since you have no face up damage, I'll draw two cards. I call, Pleiades, Dustbau, Serpent and Kasey! Now, Quasar Burst's Generation Break 3 Enforce 3 skill! All my units get 3k for every face down damage zone card! Since there's seven, I'll add 21k! (26000 > 47000) (9000 > 30000) (9000 > 30000) (7000 > 28000) (7000 > 28000) Boosted by Kasey, Shooting Star "Quasar Burst" attacks! (47000 > 75000) Universe's Judgment! Kasey's Enforce 3 skill! I retire Bakeneko! Then, since he's at Enforce 6, I draw a card!"

"Zashiki-warashi, perfect guard!"

"Triple drive! (Stardust Serpent, Dust Robo-warrior, Eclipse, Stardust Nurse) Heal trigger! I heal a damage and give 5k to Dustbau! (30000 > 35000) Boosted by Serpent, Pleiades attacks! (30000 > 58000) Pleiades' Enforce 3 skill! I retire Te-no-me, and since he's at Enforce 6, I draw a card!"

"Generation Guard! True Guardian of Star Demon Series, Gozu! (26000) His skill, I call the top five cards of my deck to guardian circle! Join the guard, Te-no-me, Bakeneko, Wanyudo, Wanyudo and Shidaidaka! (26000 > 31000 > 36000 > 46000 > 56000 > 61000) Then, Gozu sends all my other guardians back to the deck and I soulcharge one (Fiery Soul Star Demon Series, Janjanbi)."

"Boosted by Kasey, Dustbau attacks! (35000 > 63000) Kasey's Enforce 3, I retire Daidarabotchi, and Enforce 6, I draw a card!"

"No guard! (Protector Star Demon Series, Zashiki-warashi)"

"A wise decision. I'll end my turn there."

Yozora:
Damage: 5
OXO
OOO

Kristy:
Damage: 3
XXX
XXX

"Stand and draw! Myo-kurenai's Generation Break 2 skill! I put a card from my drop zone to the bottom of my deck, countercharge, and can Stride for free! Generation Zone, unleash! To create a miracle, one must make a deal with the devil. Born from these shattered hands, will be the path to tomorrow! Miracle Star Demon Series, Myo-kurenai, stride!" The vanguard circle expanded stardust blue. "Stride skill! I discard a card, reveal the top four cards of my deck, call Akashita and add Futakuchi-onna to hand. The rest go to my drop zone. Akashita's skill, I place a card from drop zone to the bottom of my deck to countercharge, and give him 7k! (9000 > 16000) Myo-kurenai's skill! Soulblast, G Persona Blast and discard a card! Show me your hand!"

"Here you go, big bro~" Kristy showed her hands to him.

"I meant... cards in hand."

"That's cheating!"

"It's my card's skill..."

"Fine, only because I'm now a big girl."

"You're nine."

"That's the age of a big girl!"

Kristy showed him the cards in her hand.

"I'll make you discard your Meteor Shower Shield and Prism Balance Breaker, Shooting Star Dragon."

"You meanie!"

"Then, I'll return a card from my drop zone to deck! I call, Futakuchi-onna and use her skill! I return two cards from my drop zone to deck! Since four cards were returned this turn, I get to retire a column of your units! Dustbau and Kasey get retired! Not only that, Futakuchi-onna has a Stellar 4 skill I can use too! I discard a card, reveal the top four cards of my deck, and call one from among them. Come to me, Bakeneko! The rest return to deck. Bakeneko's skill, I bind him face up and call Shidaidaka from deck! Myo-kurenai's Stellar 3 skill! He gets an extra drive, and my front row gets 5k for each card returned to deck this turn! I returned four, so add 20k! (26000 > 46000) (16000 > 36000) (9000 > 29000) Boosted by Shidaidaka, Akashita attacks! (36000 > 41000)"

"No guard! (Stardust Angel) Critical trigger! All to vanguard! (11000 > 16000)"

"Bakeneko's skill, I return Shidaidaka to deck, along with two cards in drop zone, and recall him as rest! Myo-kurenai's Stellar 3 skill, add another 10k to the front row! (46000 > 56000) (36000 > 46000) (29000 > 39000) Myo-kurenai attacks next! (56000) Drive, Stardust Lancer!!"

"Generation Guard! Defendust Tamer, Shimada! Skill, I counterblast and G Guard flip! For each of my face down damage, he gets 5k shield! Since I have four, I add 20k! (16000 > 31000 > 51000) Then, I draw a card! Generation Guard! Future Shield, Mediguard! Skill, I put three cards from drop zone to the bottom of my deck, and she gets 10k shield! (51000 > 66000 > 76000) I soulcharge as well! (Ferocious Scout, Starbau) Stardust Nurse's skill, I bind both copies to countercharge!"

"I need four triggers... quadruple drive! (Fiery Soul Star Demon Series, Janjanbi) Critical trigger! all to vanguard! (56000 > 61000/1★ > 2★) (Flame Wheel Star Demon Series, Wanyudo) Critical trigger! All to vanguard! (61000 > 66000/2★ > 3★) (Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me) Damn it... (Floodgate Star Demon Series, Akashita)"

"You were so close too, big bro."

"I'm not that lucky. Futakuchi-onna attacks! (39000)"

"Eclipse, Serpent, Stardealer, and Angel, guard! (16000 > 41000)"

"I was just one attack short of beating you." Yozora laughed. "Turn end."

Yozora:
Hand: 9
Damage: 5
XXX
OXO

Kristy:
Hand: 1
XXO
XXO

"Stand and draw! This is it, big bro."

"You're going to beat me this turn?"

"Yep!"

"Give me your best then!"

Kristy smile turned smug. She let out a sigh, and rested her chin on her hand.

"Unleashing the always evolving Generation Zone."

"̷̩͇̳͙̬̳̬̼̥̫̰̀̓́̓͐͑̆̉U̴̗͝N̵̡̜̻̪̭̮̺̫͉̺͉̎̓̓̓L̸̡̼͇̼̟̣̥̞̑͛̚͜Ĕ̶̅̐͒͐̆͌̆͆͜A̸̭͖̜͂͒̾ͅS̷̨̨̛̛̱̜͎̰̈̅̔͑̏͘H̸̨̦͈̣͐̋̀̐̍̈́̒̾I̵̬̒̐͒̿N̴̛̫̦̠̬͚̈́̀̆̊̍͛̊̕͠͠G̷̻͚͉̝̩̀̾̋̄̂̔̐ ̷̧̨̡̹̰͈̤̱̹͕̪̔̔͛̍̉̈̐͝͠T̶̮̥̭͛̈̃̄̋̊̈̕͝H̸̡̝͈̬̥̪̊͗̎́̃̊͐͂́́͘Ȩ̷̬͉̖̩̝̟͎̉̓̑͐̀ͅ ̷̧̹̰̻͒̾̍́͆̄͌͠͝Ạ̴̝̘͍̯̩̪̱̺̦̍̂̃̄͂͌͆͌̐̽̈L̶̪̥͍͇͉͎͚̈̔̄̎̊W̸̨̤̩̦͔̠̓͆̽͑̔͆͠Ằ̴̡̩̯͕̹̣͌Y̶̫͖̗̯̬̣̅̋̔̔̕S̸͙̼͇͕̪͈̟̞̈̌ ̶̰͎̅̍̀̉É̵̠̭̤̈͘͠V̶̛̪̯̭͖̫̱̔͊̐̀̃̏͝Ơ̸̲̠͇̠̈́͌̿̈͗̈́͠L̸̪̜̟̯͉̇̓̿̈́͌̒͠V̴̫̳͖̹̼̍̌̌I̷̢̖̩͉̦͓̹͕͉̲̭͛̆͂̄̿̄̀̐́͆̚Ņ̷̧̡͈̞͕̝͓̞̮̑̎̄́͠G̵͉̺̿ ̸̠͆̈̈̀́́͘͠G̷̢̲̳̜͈̪̯͓̊̏̎̐̃̂È̴̠͙̝͍N̶̢̜̞̯̫̉͛̏̀̎̔͝Ȅ̶͍͗̋͆̽̇̽̏͠͝ͅŖ̶͍̝̈͌͌A̸̰̮͉͙̻̘̠͋̊͑̐̄̑̕͝T̴̹̂̓͌̇̋͂͊̌̍͌̀Į̴̖̮̬̯͎͔̭͙̿̾̐͆̇̂͑O̷̡͉̮̹͉̖̎͗̅̀̇N̴̨͕̞͙͚̟͖̘͎̱̈́͊͆̇͆̀̃̕ ̶̨̑Z̶̖̼̱͌̕Ỡ̴̧̪̳͖̓͛͌̿̀͂̈̄̕N̶̢͕̺̲̳̯̹̬̩̫̮̽̒͂͗̈̌̇̈́̋̑͝Ę̴̨̢̱̝̒̂̌̒͝!̵̻̲̖͎͕̒͋́̇̊̅͜!̷̞͚͈̔̓̕"̴̨̘̥̖̮̩̺̠͖̀

Yozora's smile faded as he froze up, while Kristy placed a card into the drop zone.

"Mega Stride. Angelic Star Demon Series, Crystal Edge Dragon."

Kristy reached out to Yozora, and took his hand. Yozora's tears fell onto his lap.

"No... Kristy, not you too... your big bro just wanted... your big bro just wanted you to have a good birthday...! DON'T TORTURE ME LIKE THIS YOU WORTHLESS EXCUSE OF A LITTLE SISTER!!"

"Human touch... is quite important." Kristy was glowing a brilliant light.

"...KRISTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

(Play song in the media here)

Under the night sky, the moonlight illuminated Yozora's room. He laid on his bed with tear stains on his face. Kristy sat next to him, humming a gentle melody.

"Will you listen to what I have to say?" Kristy said.

Yozora nodded, unable to respond with words.

"Okay... it's time you learnt the truth, Yozora."

Kristy walked over to the window, and held onto the flowing curtain. She smiled with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm... not your little sister, Yozora. For the past year, I've been playing as Kristy Shinsei to monitor you. I am actually the Angelic Star Demon unit, Crystal Edge Dragon."

Yozora choked up a small laugh as tears ran down his face.

"And you're not Yozora Shinsei either. You're just one of the personalities belonging to the man named Yza Blade. The man who saved our worlds."

Yozora held his head and screamed. Kristy walked over, and took his hand tightly, pressing it against her chest.

"Focus on my heartbeat."

Yozora sobbed, feeling Kristy's heart beat reverberate through his body. As he relaxed with a grimace, Kristy continued.

"When you activated me, my powers were awakened. From that day onward, I became yours. Your wishes to reset everything back to the way they were was granted, using my powers. However, both you and Ayato remained on Cray. As you searched for a way out of the darkness, there was a portal opened in a village burning under the black flames of Dragonic Overlord "The Black". You chose to sacrifice yourself, and let Ayato escape, but when you went to go through the portal, Dragonic Overlord "The Black" crushed you before you could. At that moment, you almost died. Do you remember?"

Yozora didn't respond.

"It was that point, I emerged from the darkness. I couldn't let you suffer this fate, so I did what I could to salvage you. When your personality, Yozora, was born, the memories of your past were also sealed away. Because of that, you could start fresh, as Yozora Shinsei. I transported both of us to Earth, where we woke up in that orphanage. From that day onwards, I was your little sister."

Kristy gently sighed.

"Of course, I knew that our days wouldn't be this happy. The man working behind the shadows, Overlord, was collecting the pieces for Gyze, and other entities such as Ubume and Ryuzaki were attacking you from all directions. It was inevitable your mind was going to shatter, yet I couldn't do anything about it. I wanted to let you know the truth, but you were adamant on staying as you were, and denying your past. My voice never reached you. Until now, that is."

Kristy leaned in, and hugged him.

"You've grown so much. But now that I've told you the truth, my job here is done. Right now, I, will disappear." Kristy smiled. "Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Yozora. You were a wonderful big brother, and someone who treated me greatly. This birthday... is the best final moments of my life here, on Earth. I'm sorry that we had to part this way... if you still have any questions, or ever wanted to know more, then your best bet is finding that man... Ayaza. I'm sure we'll meet again."

Kristy began disintegrating into light. Yozora held onto her tightly, staring at her shining face one last time.

"Bye bye, Yza. I love you."

A gentle white light enveloped the world.

Chiharu knocked on the door.

"Come in..."

She entered Yozora's room, turning on the lights.

"Did I wake you up?"

"I wasn't napping. Don't worry about it."

"Ah. Dinner's ready."

"Are we having Kristy's favourite...?"

"We're having teriyaki?"

"It's Kristy's birthday today... did you say happy birthday to her yet?"

"Who's this Kristy you're on about?"

Yozora's face contorted to a smile. He flipped around, and buried his head into his pillow.

"Haha... haha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#55: Imaginary Dive

Zeon: It's all my fault... why didn't I just realise you were so desperate to find him... now you're gone too... I'm the worst...

================================

A/N

I take back what I said in my last author's note.

Hey, welcome back.

This chapter was even harder to write! Somehow, I managed to outdo even myself...

Maybe I'll have a few regrets on this chapter later down the line, but right now I'm happy I managed to get this done and over with.

Recently, all my chapters have been an exceedingly long length. Do people enjoy long chapters? That's what I want to know.

Hopefully, 55 will be shorter. No promises, though... to be honest, I don't even trust myself in these A/N. I say one thing, but it turns out another! It's seriously the worst!

That's all, Fox out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro