#62: Searching for Answers

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

If Yozora is a demon, then I am an angel.

He's living in self-denial. He doesn't want this to be reality. He wants to live in his dream world where he can "exist".

But as a personality of Yza Blade, that's impossible.

That's why he's always suffering. Acceptance is the first step of moving on. The best thing to do is to disappear.

He's tried to let go, but he can't take his hands away from the railing. He's hanging on by a thread. It'll snap at any second.

That's why I exist.

If Yozora is a demon that must be removed, then I am the angel that will push him forwards into the gates of Hell.

I will get him closer to a happy end. It's my job as an angel to guide this lost soul back to the real world.

All that's left is for Yozora to open up the box.

It was just a bunch of lies.

I'm nothing like an angel.

Nothing like a demon.

I couldn't even qualify as a fallen angel.

I exist as an accumulation of his negative feelings.

Hate. Rage. Fear. Lust. Insanity.

Forget all that crap.

I don't want to listen to your sob stories.

I don't give a shit about your bitching.

Your mindless monologues bore me to death.

Your whining is so damn annoying.

Internal conflicts are highest form of self-flattery and egotism.

No matter how virtuous you may seem, humans only care for themselves in the end.

Burning up like a meteor flying through the night sky.

I crash landed into Earth with a single mission.

To do whatever the hell I want.

(Opening here)

Yozora walked into the classroom, eyes half open, and with Chiharu by his side. The students were buzzing with noise, forming a busy crowd.

"What's got them in such a mood?" Yozora asked.

"Just a return of some students that left school awhile back. Now they've returned." Rukia said.

Rukia and Kakusei walked up to the two, waving good morning.

"It's good to see you back as well, Yozora. You finally feeling better?" Kakusei said.

"Who's the new students?" Yozora asked.

"Backlion Demiza and Akari Nakano." Kakusei said.

Yozora gave a quick glance at Kakusei and nodded his head. He then sat in his seat, Chiharu sitting next to him.

"That's passive aggressive, even for you..."

"I'm only in school today just to talk to Rukia. I don't want an annoying guy like him to hang around me."

"You need to talk to Rukia?"

"Privately. It's about..."

"Say no more." Chiharu patted Yozora on the head. "I'm going to check out the guys who returned. I haven't met them before."

"Alright. I'll listen to some music then."

Chiharu wormed her way into the crowd, moving to the front where Backlion and Akari was. She stared at them, dumbfounded by Backlion's confidence and Akari's frigidness.

"Where were you two?!" Hiyoku said.

"We both transferred schools. We decided to come back for the final two terms." Backlion said.

"I was in a coma." Akari said.

"So, what's up with the shaven head, Backlion?" Shisue said.

Backlion tapped the top of his head, which had only a thin layer of hair covering his scalp.

"Kuku. I decided to change for good."

"You look real ugly now." Darien said.

"Why, thank you. I was going for a delinquent look, like yours."

"Your gonna have to try harder then. Maybe build some muscle."

"Oh. He wants muscle."

Backlion threw his blazer to the floor and undone his shirt. The girls started screaming as he showed off his chiselled physique. Darien staggered as he watched Backlion flex his well-defined arm muscles and clear cut abs.

"What in the..."

"I was the pretty boy king for a reason. Shaving my hair hasn't changed anything."

"It's made your ego even worse." Akari said.

"You're just mad that I got a hair cut."

"You look like a middle-aged salaryman."

"Ah. My heart." Backlion fake passed out on the floor. "I need a kiss to be revived. Akari, will you do the honours?"

Akari stomped on his face with her feet instead.

"No, you can kiss my sock instead. I got it drenched in rain water on the way here, just for you."

"Ah! You're so mean! Well, it's okay, your feet are lovely too."

Akari shivered, retracting herself from Backlion's muddled face.

"Gross..."

The crowd was laughing at the two, before the teacher came walking in. Everyone scrambled to their seats, while Backlion and Akari remained stood at the front.

"Well, it was a shock to see you two return after leaving. In any case, it's good having you two youngsters back. Why don't you introduce yourselves to the new students?" The teacher chuckled.

"With pleasure, kuku. I'm Backlion Demiza, destroyer of worlds, pretty boy of the century and your girlfriend's secret crush. Don't mind the shaven hair, I just didn't want a man ponytail anymore. Not a manbun, because they're not cool."

"I'm Akari Nakano. You might know me for having a coma. It's nice to meet you."

"Well, there's two free seats at the front, so feel free to take whichever one you like. So, continuing on from yesterday, let's take a look at this question. It says "A, B and C collectively have 2150 yen...""

"Ah... it feels good to be back." Backlion said, kicking his feet on the table.

"Just don't disturb me." Akari said.

"Man, you're more cold than usual. Are you on your period?"

"No. I'm here to actually learn. I lost more time by jumping in that portal than I did by being in that coma."

"You sure about that?"

"...look, math isn't my strongest subject, okay?!"

"Ironically, we're in a math lesson. Hope you like algebra."

"Ah, be quiet and take this class seriously. You've lost as much time as I have. You can't play the role of class clown anymore. We're in high school, so get serious."

"Why else did I shave my hair."

"Gee, I wonder."

"Anyways, I found this offer for a job, but it's not something I'm really into. I heard that you wanted to get one when you graduate, and I don't want it to go to waste, so would you be want to take it in my steed?"

"What's the job?"

"The job is to become my full-time wife. A monthly salary of kisses, alongside a health plan that includes lots of hugs."

Akari threw an eraser at his head.

"Ah. I tried. Kuku."

The bell rang, and students began leaving the class to buy lunch or to go outside. Backlion took his melon bread from his locker and sat at the table surrounded by Rukia, Zeon and Kakusei.

"Hm? Where did Akari go?" He asked.

"Went with Shisue to buy a sandwich." Zeon said.

"So, you're Backlion?" Kakusei said, drinking some water. "That's a weird name. Well, a lot of people's names here are weird, like Zeon."

Zeon closed his eyes and quietly ate his rice ball.

"It's fitting, though. The king is back." Backlion said.

"A king? You don't look like one." Kakusei laughed.

"You know, I was something of an ikemen myself."

"This is unfortunately true." Rukia said.

"Hey, I had girls all over me. Then I transferred and made them all sad. But now I'm back to bring them unlimited happiness."

"At the very least, you could've chosen a better hair cut." Kakusei said.

"I have the balls to go out with a shaven head. What about you?"

"I'll cut some of my hair right here, right now."

"Aight, bet."

Backlion drew a pair of scissors from the side of the classroom, and threw it at him. Kakusei caught it, and smirked.

"Alright, how much do I cut?"

"As much as you like. Preferably all."

"You shoulda brought a razor then." Kakusei began to snip away at the back of his hair.

"Dude... it's getting everywhere. Do it somewhere else." Zeon said, looking at the stray strands of blonde at his feet.

"I'll try not to get it in your food, but no promises."

"You wouldn't be able to uphold a promise either way."

"Neither can you."

Zeon finished his lunch, stood up, and walked away.

"Jeez, he's been an ass towards me this past month. What's up with him?"

Backlion looked between those two and laughed.

"Kuku. Did you piss him off?"

"I don't think so."

"Zeon's not the type of guy to act coldly for no reason. I should know, since I was his best friend."

"I cut most of my back hair off and some of my bangs. How do I look, Rukia?" Kakusei said.

"You look like you." Rukia said.

"Is that a compliment, or?"

Yozora walked up to the table, poking Rukia on the shoulder.

"Can I borrow you for a moment? I need to talk to you."

Kakusei glared at Yozora.

"Yozora? You need to talk to me?"

"Yes. You."

"What is it about?"

"About your boyfriend."

Kakusei raised an eyebrow.

"Oh... um, is that so?"

"Yeah. So, can we talk?"

"Sure... that's fine."

Yozora and Rukia stood up. Kakusei followed them, scissors still in hand.

"Privately." Yozora looked over his shoulder, staring at Kakusei.

Kakusei twirled the scissors in his hands, then smiled.

"Sure. Whatever. Just come back soon, Rukia."

He turned around, walking away. Kakusei tossed the scissors on the floor behind him, sliding their way to Yozora's feet.

"Go fuck yourself."

"Don't force my hand, Yozora."

Kakusei walked back into the classroom.

Outside, Yozora and Rukia sat under the shade in the back of the school. Yozora turned to Rukia, clenching his fists.

"Who was your boyfriend? Everyone's been searching him, and nothing's really come up yet, has it?"

"My boyfriend is Yza. You might know him for his infamous clip circulating online." Rukia chuckled. "But yes... unfortunately, nothing concrete about his location has cropped up. However, through this wild goose chase, we found Backlion and Akari, so it's not all bad. I just wish we found him instead. Is that selfish of me?"

"No. It isn't. Of course you'd want to find your boyfriend, because you love him."

"Yes... each day, I spend hours just thinking about how wonderful it'd be just to hold his hand again... or to hear his perverted voice... or to share just one last kiss..."

"I'm interested in Yza. I've never known the guy before, but people have nothing but respect for him."

"What would you like to know about him?"

"Anything really. Maybe start with his personality?"

"Oh, he was a pervert through and through. The only thing on his mind was boobs and ass. But he was a pervert with a good heart. He... actually saved the world."

Yozora's eyes widened.

"He... what?"

"Yes, it's hard to believe, isn't it? That Yza saved the world out of everybody."

"I guess that's one thing we share in common. That we both saved the world from destruction."

"Haha... however, he didn't save just our world. He saved Cray too. You're familiar with the Void Incident, aren't you?"

"Yeah. Ryuzaki tried explaining it to me once but I didn't understand too much. I got the gist of it though."

"Well, Yza sacrificed himself by jumping into a portal to Cray to defeat the Void. As a result... he... disappeared..." Rukia blinked, rubbing her eye.

"And that's why you're searching for him?"

"Yes. I still believe he's alive."

"Then, I don't understand..."

"What don't you understand?"

Yozora shook his head, and gritted his teeth.

"Tell me more. Anything else about him."

"Well, Yza used Stardust Knight, just like you. Actually, how did you get those cards?"

"I dunno. I just woke up with them. Remember, I have amnesia."

"Right. Sorry."

"It's alright. Did Yza have... any mental problems?"

"...well, that's a bit of a touchy subject there. But yes. He did."

"What was it? If you don't mind me asking,"

"Dissociative identity disorder. More commonly known as multiple personality disorder."

Yozora's face dropped.

"Oh... is that... so..."

"Why? What's wrong? You sound... upset?"

"No, no... I'm fine... I'm fine..."

"Your face is all pale..."

"It's a bit cold, I guess."

"That's not how it works."

"Whatever, was there anything else that Yza did or have?"

"Well, his split personality was a cold and distant man, Kinjuzo. He was born due to Yza's past."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, you see... Yza didn't grow up very happy. His dad died as an electrician quite early on, so he, his mom, and his older brother lived in poverty. His mom had to work multiple part time jobs to make ends meet, so she wasn't around a lot. His older brother, Maxios, graduated from middle school and went to go work. He then joined the army, which made Yza even more lonely, since he was always alone by himself in their house, forced to grow up faster than everyone else. At school, I was one of Yza's friends. We always played together. Me, him, and Shika. We were a trio that couldn't be broken apart."

"You, Shika and Yza? I can't imagine that..."

"Haha, it's surprising, but we were really close. Anyways, Yza was always the rough type, and felt like he needed to prove himself often. So he got into a lot of fights, and hurt himself, despite knowing his body was more fragile than most people due to his medical conditions. Since Shika played lots of physical sports, both boys got really banged up, which is why I chose to become a nurse. So I could help heal them both. We thought those happy days would last forever, but... I had to leave and transfer schools, because my parents found jobs elsewhere. And I had to leave... right when Yza started getting severely bullied..."

"Yza... was bullied?"

"Yeah... everyone was teasing him and insulting him. People always talked badly about his broken family, or how poor he was, even before I left. But once I was gone, everyone started bullying Yza more and more. As a result, he got mad. He was already one to solve things by fighting. So that's what he did. Use his rage to hurt the bullies, but instead he'd get beat up by them in response. The bullies found how mad he got entertaining, so they started bullying him to solely see him lash out and get violent. Yza kept fighting, getting beat up in retaliation, and getting his mind crushed everyday. At his breaking point, he used a baseball bat to hurt the bullies in P.E. That was the day any of his friends, including Shika, left him. No one agreed with how violent that act was. So he spent the rest of his days as a loner who got bullied. He continued to fight recklessly. Without anyone to rely on, the feelings of solitude piling in his heart, and his mental state breaking from the constant abuse, Kinjuzo was born."

"And that's how his split personality started?"

"Yes... Kinjuzo took over and made everything better for Yza. His coldness and calm demeanour meant he ignored the bullies with ease. When Ayaza transferred, he became best friends with him. He slowly built back the broken bridges for Yza. And finally, when Kinjuzo discovered that Vanguard deck on the floor, everything became... good again. So he let Yza re-emerge. I came back around the same time, and we were happy, because we finally got to reunite with each other. Everything was perfect. Until... the Void Incident occurred and I... did all sorts of horrid things to Yza... and betrayed him... sent him to despair... and forced Kinjuzo out... and the last time I saw Yza properly... he forgave me, despite everything I did to him... so... that's why I'm desperately searching for him! To be with him again! To say sorry! To tell him I love him!"

Stiffly, Yozora watched Rukia cry. Swallowing a lump in the back of his throat, Yozora looked down at his shaking hands.

"What right... do I have...?"

"E-eh?"

"What's right... and what's wrong...?"

"Yozora...?"

"No... I can't do this to her..."

Yozora slapped himself across the right cheek.

"Did Yza have a scar on his left cheek?"

"Yes... he does. Wait... how did you know?"

"I'm Yza."

Rukia turned to Yozora, eyes widening. Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest, as her breathing increased.

"What... did you just say?"

"I'm... Yza."

"No way... does this mean..."

"It's probably what you're thinking..."

"Are you one of his personalities...?"

Yozora opened his mouth, unable to speak. Grabbing his chest, he began wheezing, as single tears fell down his cheeks. Choking on his own words, he nodded.

"So... this entire time we were searching for him... he was actually... you?"

Letting go of his chest, Yozora heaved in and out, panting heavily.

"It's... insane... I'm sorry... I didn't know until... Kristy told me..."

"Who is Kristy? I heard Chiharu talk about her once, but I don't know anything about her..."

"She was my little sister... a fake little sister. In reality, she was "Crystal Edge Dragon". The fact that you don't remember she exists is proof to me that I am Yza. Even though I have no evidence, please believe in my words... for now."

"I believe you... even though it's crazy, and it seems like a fever dream... I think all the signs I missed are obvious and clear now. Everything lines up... it makes so much sense..."

"I don't know what to do with my life anymore, Rukia. Whatever path I take, I'm hurting someone. Whether it be myself, or the girls that are the personality's girlfriends. Regardless, I want to reject the idea that I'm nothing but a "personality". Because I was alive. I'm my own person. My own being. I've felt, I've loved, I've suffered, just like any other person. Being told my entire life is a lie... I can't take it! I won't stand for it! So... that's why... I want to know more about "myself". I want to visit the place Yza was at."

"He was last at Cray, though..."

"Then take me there. Take me to Cray. So I can find proof our existence."

Rukia smiled, nodding.

"Okay... I'll get you to Cray. Just... promise me one thing."

"What is it?"

"That... you'll return Yza to me one day."

"Okay. I will."

Yozora looked up at the sky. Black clouds gathered above them, beginning to spit rain.

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#63: Black Fire

Ayaza: It's time for the main event.

================================

A/N

Merry Christmas!

Sorry there's no Christmas special. I didn't have time to write one. So consider this your Christmas present.

Well, I've got 6 days to write Z World's final chapter for the decade. Then I have to prepare the QnA. Please send in your questions so I can suffer more.

I really wanted to use my Christmas break to relax. I feel like I haven't. My mind is in purgatory, my eyes sting, and my back hurts. I'm also sick with vertigo from the number of long car trips I've been on the past weeks...

Ah, the life of a full-fledged slave to my works... the bags under my eyes are becoming more visible everyday.

I'm sorry for the quality. I swear I'll do better next time.

That's all, Fox out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro