#72: Return

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As the remnants of the Void dissipated into the light, three orbs fell into Yza's hands. If his soul was coloured black, then these souls were coloured blue, gold, and white, respectively.

Breathing life into them, the blue orb became Yozora, the gold orb became Kinjuzo, and the white orb became Ryuusei.

As the four boys looked at each other, Ryuusei stepped back and put a hand to his face.

"Why am I...? Shouldn't I be...?"

"Even if you were created by the Void, you're still one of my personalities." Yza smiled at Ryuusei and extended his hand.

"That's the problem, isn't it? I'm made by the Void. I shouldn't even be here in the first place." Ryuusei turned his back on Yza. "Besides, you've already got two personalities to deal with. You don't need a third trying to hog your body."

"Don't be ridiculous," Yza grabbed Ryuusei by the shoulder and turned him around. "There's more than enough space in my body for all of us."

"I really doubt that."

"It's fine, you know."

"You can say all the nice things you want, but I'm just a fake personality. The only thing that separates me and you, Yza, is that I'm batshit insane."

"You don't look all that insane?"

"Maybe not in that sense. But in here," Ryuusei pointed at his head. "I'm fucking nuts. All of your negative emotions make up my body. If you can let it all go, I'll disappear."

"But I don't want let go of those painful emotions!"

"Huh?" Ryuusei looked dumbfounded by Yza's declaration.

"Hatred, anger, sadness... I won't throw them away. If I didn't have those cruel, struggling, unforgivable feelings swirling inside me, I wouldn't be human... I wouldn't be properly living! And if you're the embodiment of all that then..."

Yza put a flower crown on Ryuusei's head of white hair.

"It's all the more reason to keep you."

A single tear rolled down his cheek.

"Seriously. You're going to regret it."

"I won't. Because I want to show you the world I so desperately tried to save."

Yza looked up to the clear blue sky.

"Then... one day, show me something that I'll never forget." Ryuusei walked away, sinking into the depths of Yza's mind.

"Of course I will! That's a promise!" Yza shouted with a wide grin.

"I'm sorry I wasn't much use in that battle. Once he got Yozora, I tried my best to fend him off before he could get you." Kinjuzo said.

"Like always, you protected me... thanks."

Kinjuzo smiled and asked a question Yza was trying to avoid.

"Do you feel ready to return yet?"

Yza looked at the pendant around his neck and wavered. He glanced at Yozora.

"Is it really okay?"

Yozora raised his eyebrows. With a deflated expression, he muttered, "...do what you want. It's your body after all."

"You want to live too, don't you?"

"I... of course I do!" Yozora squeezed his fists and bared his fangs. Just as Yza was about to cut in, he continued viciously. "But I'm just a personality! Everything in my life is fake! I was never meant to exist! It's pointless if I go back! There's no meaning to what I do!"

"I'm sorry, Yozora. That you had to find out the truth this way... you were bound to a hard life the moment I made you."

"Nobody but Chiharu wants me back anyways... and the only person I want to see is Chiharu... you're a bigger deal, so just go already!" Yozora continued to hound Yza.

"Chiharu must be really important to you."

"...she's the only thing I have left."

"No. You still have her too." Yza pushed a card forwards.

Yozora's eyes widened.

"I saved her. Like I promised."

Falling to his knees as he embraced the card, Yozora cried her name.

"Ubume! I'm so glad you're still alive!"

"There are things we lose. There are things we gain. Just because you're a personality doesn't mean everything you did was pointless. You saved the world once too. If you weren't there, then we'd all be dust under Gyze's magic."

Yza knelt down and put a hand on Yozora's shoulder.

"So don't undervalue yourself like that. You're worth every star in the night sky, Yozora."

Yozora buried his head into Yza's chest, crying into it.

"If you still want to use my body, that's perfectly fine. But... can I make one selfish request?"

"What is it...?"

Yza looked at Kinjuzo, who gave a resolute nod.

"Can I..." Yza squeezed his pendant. "Can I... return first?"

Yozora averted his gaze and thinly smiled.

"I already told you... it's your body, so do what you want with it." Clutching onto Ubume, Yozora looked at Yza squarely in the eyes. "Just... one day, let me return too."

"Of course."

As Yza held Yozora tightly in his arms, Yozora began to disintegrate into the depths of Yza's mind.

"It's just you and me partner." Kinjuzo helped Yza up. "Don't hold it in."

"I'm not holding anything in..."

"You're shaking. What's the matter?"

"...I'm scared."

"Figures. You've always been a pushover until the chips are down."

"H-hey!"

"That's a compliment." Kinjuzo slapped Yza's back with a chuckle. "I get you're nervous to go back, but they've been patiently waiting nearly a year for you now. You heard everyone's voices in that battle too, right?"

"I did... and being able to hear Rukia's voice again, I..."

Yza teared up with a smile.

"At least go back to see her. Everyone else will be pleasantly surprised too. And if things become too much, you can rely on Yozora again."

"Yeah... I can."

"I'll leave the rest up to you then." Kinjuzo shook hands with Yza, fading into the depths of Yza's mind.

"Thank you! Ju! For always dealing with my bullshit!" Yza screamed. Kinjuzo smirked at him before returning to his slumber.

As his personalities left one by one, Yza was the only one left in his mind.

"It's now or never."

In the Mikazuchi mansion's medical quarters, Yza opened his eyes while laying on a hospital bed.

"I'm... home..." He weakly called out in a whisper.

Pushing the blanket off his body, Yza staggered out of bed, using the stand of the IV drip attached to him as support, before dragging himself out of the room.

(Opening here)

Rukia was talking to Zeon inside his hospital room.

"It's great that you'll be able to be discharged soon!"

"Yeah, I'm surprised at how quickly I've managed to make a recovery." Zeon laughed sheepishly.

"We need to hold you a party for when you come back!"

"Eh... that seems unnecessary. We should be focusing on studying for the finals. It's just around the corner."

"I can't believe we only have a month left of high school... it feels like time has flown by."

"Are you happy that it's over?"

"Not really... I'm going to miss everyone."

"We'll still meet up and message each other."

"But it won't be the same... you know?"

"Are you scared of everyone drifting apart?"

"...yeah. I've made so many good friends, and the fact that our bonds can disappear one day... it terrifies me."

Zeon reached out and flicked Rukia on the forehead.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"It's a reality check. Think about it - our bonds aren't that shallow, Rukia. Considering everything that that we've been through, like the Void and Gyze, it's more than enough to carry these bonds beyond our high school life. Things will change, but the friendships we made during that time won't be broken so easily!"

Rukia's eyes widened, and she started to laugh. Zeon bluntly glared at her.

"I'm being serious..."

"N-no, it's not that! It's just... you sound like some sort of protagonist."

"That's not a bad thing. I think."

"It sounds like something Yz... actually never mind. For a second there, you looked pretty cool, in a dorky way."

"Story of my life." Zeon threw up a cheeky peace sign.

Rukia's phone began ringing incessantly in her handbag.

"Ah, sorry, let me take it."

"Sure thing."

Rukia stepped outside the room to answer the call. It was from Shika.

"Hello?"

"Yo, Rukia, we have an emergency!"

"What is it? What happened?"

"Okay, don't freak out when I tell you this but—"

"But?"

"Yza's back."

The world around Rukia froze. She halted to a standstill as the grip on her phone loosened. Her body rocked backwards and forwards gently, before leaning against the door with wide, owl-like eyes. With a flustered hand pushed against her forehead, Rukia tried to find words in response to this earth shattering news.

"We're heading over to pick you up now from the hospital! Backlion, step on it!"

"Dude, I only got my driver's licence last week, gimme a break!" Backlion's voice could be faintly heard in the background.

"If we get in trouble with the law, Ryuzaki will deal with it! Step on the gas!"

"If we crash, I'm blaming it on you! Does everyone have their seatbelt on?!"

"My grandma can drive faster than you." Ayaza deadpanned.

"Shut up, you don't even have a grandma!" Backlion retorted.

The call ended abruptly.

Rukia, in a daze, reentered Zeon's hospital room. Sitting down, she chugged a glass of water.

"You look like a zombie. Did you receive bad news?"

She was so shocked from the news, her brain didn't even register Zeon's question.

"Rukia? Is everything okay?"

Snapping his fingers in front of her, Rukia's face lit up with awareness.

"Huh?"

"You look like death. Did something bad happen?"

"No... the complete opposite of that, actually."

"Oh, it's good news? What is it?"

"Yza's back."

Zeon reclined slightly. He blinked, trying to properly register what he just heard.

"Say that... again?"

"Yza's back."

Even as Rukia said the words aloud, she couldn't believe it either. Zeon slumped as he averted gaze to his lap. Fiddling with his fingers, he narrowed his glossy eyes and tried to keep a smile on his face.

"That's great!" Keeping his composure, Zeon congratulated Rukia. "After all this time, he's finally back. You should go visit him."

"Is that... really okay?"

Knowing that Zeon would be hurt over this situation, Rukia asked for his consent before visiting Yza.

Zeon knew that once Yza returned, these gentle days where he spent time with Rukia alone would disappear too.

"Of course it is!" Zeon then turned to her directly. "Besides... don't say things like that, Rukia. You can do whatever you want. You don't have to ask for my permission for this kind of stuff. It makes me feel like I'm controlling you."

"I would feel guilty if I didn't..."

Zeon realised that the reason Rukia looked so conflicted was because of him. By visiting Yza, she'd be effectively choosing him over Zeon despite the fact she cared for both deeply.

"If it hurts... you'll still tell me, right?" She asked.

"This is the end of my fairy tale." Zeon thought. "I've got to stop relying on you one day. I don't want you to feel bound to me out of obligation either, just because of what happened with Kakusei."

"It's not like that! I'm not spending time with you out of pity! I'm spending time with you because you're my friend! And you're the friend I'm most scared of losing!"

"H-huh?"

"I know that you're not the type to open up easily... That's why, if I go see Yza right now, even though I'm supposed to be spending time with you, I feel like... I'll lose you somehow. You'll stop telling me about the things that hurt you and start hiding things from me again. I also know that... you'll be less reluctant to visit me and talk to me now that Yza is back. Isn't that right?"

Zeon gulped. Rukia had hit bullseye on the feelings he buried the deepest inside.

"How did you... know?"

"Because you're always being considerate to me. And seeing how you tried to avoid me when Kakusei was around... I think you'd do again with Yza, especially because we're a couple."

"Well... I don't want to look like some home-wrecker or anything. You know I feel about you too..."

"Is it painful...? To be around me?"

"No! I'm happiest when I'm around you."

"Then, you can continue being around me as much as you want. Promise?"

"Promise. But in exchange, I want you to do whatever you want from now on."

"Deal."

Rukia and Zeon tied pinkies.

"I should... get going. Backlion's picking me up."

"Sure thing. Have fun. I'd love to join, but I kind of can't..."

"I'll tell you all about it the next time we meet."

"Sounds good. See you... Rukia."

"See you soon, Zeon."

After Rukia left, Zeon deflated. Burying his face into the pillow, he cried.

Lucine entered his hospital room shortly after, sat down beside him, and gently stroked his head to comfort him.

A sleek fire blue car pulled up in front of the hospital's reception. Rukia entered inside, taking a seat in the back next to Shika. Ayaza sat in front of her in the passenger seat, while Backlion was at the wheel.

"Welcome to my sweet ass ride! Picked this baby up for a wicked steal!"

"I'm surprised you wasted that time getting a licence over preparing for exams..." Rukia deadpanned.

Backlion started driving them to the mansion.

"After getting used to speedy travel on Akari's hydra back, I needed to invest in one of these babies to get that same high. Ain't she beauty?"

"You sound like a crackhead."

"It's an old American family car from 2001... nothing about this model is sweet." Ayaza said.

"What?! American models are super fancy! A family car means extra space! And being from 2001 makes it rustic!"

"This car goes slower than a snail!"

"You're a freaking dragon with supersonic flying, why don't you just fly your ass to Ryuzaki's mansion instead of hitching a ride from me you lazy bum!"

"You think it's a good idea to turn into a dragon in the middle of fucking Tokyo?! If I had the choice, I would fly!"

"Then get a driver's license!"

"I have to prepare for the exams!"

"YOU'RE A FREAKING DRAGON KING FROM CRAY, YOU DON'T NEED TO GRADUATE FROM SCHOOL!!"

In the middle of his outburst, Backlion nearly rammed into another oncoming car, but swerved into clearance at the last second.

"Eyes on the road, not Ayaza!" Shika exclaimed.

"H-holy shit, we nearly died." Backlion started hyperventilating.

"We shouldn't have trusted him to drive..." Ayaza mumbled.

"I'd like to see you do one better!"

"If I tried, it's guaranteed death for all of us!"

"Then shut up and deal with it!"

"Hate to ruin your argument, but does everyone here have their passports on them?" Rukia asked.

"Yup, got mine in my duffel bag. Check it!" Shika flexed his passport. "This was me at the good old age of ten. Ain't I cutie?"

"Even as a ten year old you looked jacked with testosterone..."

"I got my passport here. It looks a bit weird, but it's a Cray one." Ayaza showed them his passport. Instead of a book, it was a holographic card that could display the data of the individual trying to travel.

"Cray has border control?"

"Yes Shika, Cray has border control."

"Holy shit, does that mean there's illegal immigrants on Cray?!"

"That's what the Shadow Paladin technically are... since they live on the edge of United Sanctuary as outcasts."

"Yoooo! I'm so telling Shouri his clan are a bunch of illegal immigrants!"

"We shouldn't be making a joke out of this!" Rukia exclaimed.

"Sorry..."

"I-I play Shadow Paladin too, you know..." Backlion said with a tic mark. "But, uh, why are you asking about if I have my passport?"

"Hm? Don't you know?"

"I have zero clue."

"Oh. Ryuzaki's mansion is on another country."

Backlion twisted his head over his left shoulder and blinked at Rukia with a confused and mildly triggered face.

"Excuse me what the fuck? How long is the drive?"

"It's only another ten minutes."

"Wait, but that means we're still in Tokyo?"

"No, we'll be out of Tokyo."

"What the hell are you on about?!"

"There's a country in the middle of Tokyo called the USR: United States of Ryuzaki. That's where his mansion is. You need a passport to cross the border."

Backlion halted his car to a screech and slammed his forehead on the middle of the steering wheel, making a huge blare come from his car horn.

"Alright, we have a new mission. We're smuggling illegal goods into the country."

"Ooh, I'll be the muscle!" Shika said excitedly. "What are we smuggling?!"

"Me."

"o-owo?!"

Backlion hit the gas and sped off towards Ryuzaki's mansion.

"BACKLION SLOW DOWN, HOLY SHIT!" Rukia screamed.

"IF I'M GONNA BREAK INTERNATIONAL LAWS, THEN THE RULES OF THE ROAD MEAN SHIT TO ME! EAT MY ASSES JAPANESE COPS! YOU CAN'T CATCH ME IF I'M THE GREAT UNITED STATES OF RYUZAKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!"

Backlion rolled down his window and stuck his middle finger outside at everyone behind him.

"WOOOOOOOOO BABY!!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! THIS IS THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!"

"YOU PSYCHOPATH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SLOW DOWN!" Rukia screamed.

"I could get used to this." Ayaza smiled calmly.

"I think I'm gonna be sick..." Shika covered his mouth.

Backlion then slowly reeled his speed back to normal.

"Whew... it felt good to get that out of my system."

"Could you drive like that again? I was enjoying that." Ayaza said.

"NO!" Rukia and Shika exclaimed.

"So how exactly are we gonna get you over the border?" Ayaza asked.

"I can fit myself into Shika's duffel bag. Probably."

"My bag is big and flexible. Like me!"

"Right... so Shika's gonna carry you I'm guessing."

"Yep. Once we enter the mansion, I'll get out of the bag, and the smuggling will be a success."

"Doesn't this just make you an illegal immigrant?" Rukia deadpanned.

"Like they always say. Like deck (father). Like son."

"That was bad..."

"Hahahaha! Nice!" Shika gave finger guns at Backlion.

"My guy knows it. Now strap in, we got gas to kill!"

"Oh for God's sake..." Rukia muttered.

"If I throw up, it's gonna be in the duffel bag." Shika said.

"Okay, never mind."

Arriving just outside the mansion, everyone left the car. Backlion squinted at the duffel bag, wondering how he was going to fit inside.

"I can take out what's in there if you want." Shika offered.

"Yeah, we're gonna need the extra space... Rukia, Ayaza, you guys help stuff me in there too." Backlion said.

"No problem." Ayaza smirked and cracked his knuckles.

After emptying the bag in the trunk of the car, Backlion laid flat on the floor.

"Alright, feed the bag over my head."

Backlion closed his eyes as Shika shoved his head into the top end of the bag. Then, squishing his body into the foetal position with some assistance from Rukia to ensure his safety, Ayaza fed the rest of the bag over Backlion's curled body. Shika tumbled with the bag to make it stretch over Backlion entirely, and zipped it up.

"I'm kind of surprised we managed to pull that off." Ayaza said.

"Can he even breathe in there?" Shika asked, picking up the bag and slinging it over his shoulder. "Surprisingly light."

"He'll be okay, let's hurry!" Rukia, who was eager to see Yza, ran up to the doors of the mansion and knocked on it.

Ryuzaki opened the door with a cool smile.

"Welcome. We've been expecting you guys."

Rukia pushed past him, rushing to Yza's hospital room.

"Not even a greeting, huh? Make sure to give him the succ!" He shouted.

"Sorry old man, but we got a friend to see." Ayaza shoved past Ryuzaki and followed Rukia.

"Hey, at least take off your shoes first!"

"Sorry!" While running, Ayaza threw his shoes behind him.

"And no running either!!"

"Yeet!" Shika sprinted at maximum speed to catch up.

"OH COME ON! YOU'LL LEAVE SKID MARKS!"

Ryuzaki sniffed as his new expensive European rare dark wooden boarded floor was ruined by a couple of overzealous teenagers.

Rukia slammed open the door to Yza's room. Standing at the doorway, she leaned against the handle while panting. Taking a step forward, then turning round the corner, Rukia became breathless as she stopped.

Staggering forward, Rukia held her hand out to him.

Her fingers traced along the scar on his left cheek.

Her tears traced down her cheeks.

"Yza..."

A hand tenderly enveloped hers.

Turning towards Rukia, a gleaming yet understanding smile stretched across his face.

He leaned forward and touched their warm foreheads together.

"Rukia... I'm here."

Yza embraced her fully.

For the first time in a year, he was able to feel Rukia's warmth properly in his hardened hands.

While squeezing every last drop of hopeful and loving light from her, a golden feeling enveloped his heart.

Running a hand through her long, blonde hair, Yza buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"I missed you... so much..."

Rukia meant the world to him. That's why the tears started to spill involuntarily.

"Yza... I can't believe it's you, Yza...!"

Yza was the one she had been searching for all this time. Now that he was in her hands, she could finally let it all out.

"I'm home... it's good to be back."

A kiss reunited them.

After Yza and Rukia shared an intimate moment with each other, the other three visitors made their appearance. Without holding back, Shika tackled Yza to the floor, bear hugging him while crying comedically.

"Yzaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

"Shikaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Yza wrestled with Shika to get out of his hold.

"I've missed you so much my dude!" Due to Shika's sobbing, Yza was able to get out of his grip easier than usual.

"I missed you too bud."

"Need a hand?" Ayaza helped Yza up from the floor.

"Ayaza! Hey man, what's good?" The two friends fist-bumped each other.

"It's a long-ass story. I gotta fill you in with what happened since you were gone."

"Don't sweat it. Turns out, I have Yozora's memories, but they're kinda foggy. Knowing the parts he didn't see would be nice though."

"We're gonna need to fill him in with everything. The lore for this story is actually insane!" Backlion said.

"Back... lion?" Yza stiffened hearing his voice.

"H-hey, not so loudly, I'm not supposed to be here technically..."

"I-it really is you! What the hell?" Yza reluctantly acknowledged him. "You seem... different, I guess?"

"It's probably the hair cut. I went from ponytail to bald to manbun."

"Uh... not really. It's just that... uh, how do I explain..."

"You thought I'd be more evil. Right?"

Yza and Backlion stared at each other intensely.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my reservations about you."

"I can assure you I'm a changed man. But instead, for old time's sake... let's cardfight." Backlion held out his deck.

"Now you're speaking my language!" Yza smirked.

"Always have. Now let's get this rodeo started!" Backlion grinned.

"Stand up, the, Vanguard!"

From Spectral Blaster "Diablo" scythe, a swirl of violent violet flames clashed against a solid beam of pure white light coming from Shooting Star Dragon's mouth.

After being discharged from the hospital, Zeon received a mysterious note telling him to go to Card Capital on the weekend during the evening.

Being dropped off by Johan, Zeon was about to climb the stairs before he caught sight of a familiar man wearing a hoodie walking towards him.

His eyes widened slowly as he realised who was approaching. Zeon wavered between running away or waiting for him, but ultimately decided to enter the building.

"What the hell is he doing here...?" He muttered to himself.

Just as he started going up the stairs, the man called out from behind him.

"Zeon, is that you?"

Freezing up, Zeon looked over his shoulder with a reluctant face.

"Yeah... it's me alright."

The man caught up with Zeon and pulled down his hood.

"It's been ages! What's good?"

Standing before Zeon was Yza, cheerfully greeting him for the first time in a year.

"...huh?"

Zeon was halfway between being impressed and disgusted. Despite their rocky history, Yza was acting friendly towards Zeon, catching him off-guard. Secretly, Zeon was hoping to avoid Yza out of fear, but he knew a meeting like this would be inevitable.

"You don't recognise me?"

"No... I do. Anyone would recognise you because of that huge scar running across your face."

"I'd say that's one of my attractive points!"

"You're so brazen, yet so confident..." Zeon mumbled.

"Hm? Speak up, can't hear ya."

Yza gently nudged Zeon, who looked away with frustrated eyes.

"Most people would do anything to cover up that scar, yet you proudly display it like it's some kind of trophy or something."

"I guess in a way it is. A trophy saying "I survived"."

"Survived?"

"Fighting, duh. You know, you have one too." Yza pointed at the scar running along Zeon's right cheek.

"It's going to heal eventually... I hope." Zeon shrugged.

"You're not doing anything to hide it either."

"There's no point trying to hide it, since everyone knows how I got it." Zeon had a brief realisation, and sighed reservedly.

"What's the matter?"

"I just remembered. You don't know how I got hospitalised in the first place, do you?"

"Ah, everyone filled me in. You got jumped by Kakusei, right?"

Zeon flinched. Yza nervously laughed to ease the awkward air.

"I don't think jumped is the right term, since I technically got the first hit on him... so it was more like a one-sided fight, but..."

"I was really surprised when I heard about it. You out of all people getting into a fist fight... I thought you'd draw your katana and slice the dude's balls off or something."

"I've long let go of the Moon Fang after the Void Incident." Zeon tightened his fist. "Though... everyone got me a new katana as a gift while I was in hospital. They named it the Stone Break, after my family name. I haven't used it yet, but it does look cool."

"Thanks for helping out everyone so much."

"Where did that come from?"

"I used to think you were a pretty horrible person, back when we would get into conflicts at school. You were always taunting me and I was always trying to fight you... it wasn't great for either of us."

"Yeah. In hindsight, if I had the choice, I would've reprimanded the bratty me as harshly as I could."

"But I changed my mind after hearing what everyone else said. You're the unsung hero."

"It feels weird hearing this from you, mister I saved the world thrice, using two personalities."

"If I flexed that, people would think I'm insane! At least when you brag about helping your friends, it sounds realistic!"

"I think bragging about trying to find a missing person on another planet would also get me labelled as in need of therapy..."

"When you put it that way... well, I'm mostly thankful for that honestly. The fact that you even bothered to try and find me really touched my heart."

"God, you're sappy." Zeon then mumbled, "Though, that's one of your strong points too..."

"It's better to be sentimental than be a robot. I cried for ages when I got this scar. Remember that?" Yza ran his finger along his cheek with a laugh.

Zeon gulped, before briefly smiling. He pretended to wield an imaginary katana.

"How could I forget? I was the one who gave you that scar in the first place."

Thrusting his hand forward, he replicated the movement that permanently scarred Yza's face.

"That's right. Everyone went nuts after hearing I tried fighting you with my fists."

Yza then put up his fist and replicated the punch he threw at Zeon, stopping just short of his cheek.

"You gave me a nasty bruise. I deserved it though, all things considered."

"We were stupid middle schoolers back then. Nothing we did was remotely smart. You still had long hair back then!"

"That haircut never suited me in the first place. I'm glad I cut it."

"You look good with short hair." Yza slapped the back of Zeon's head gently and pushed him up the stairs. "Let's haul ass, they're all probably waiting for us upstairs."

"I guess, yeah."

Zeon scaled the stairs, Yza quietly following him.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"In my fight against the Void... I heard your voice."

"You did?"

"Yeah. You were on the battlefield with me, as Starkatana Shooter." Yza showed Zeon the card.

"Oh... now that you mention it..."

A faint memory resurfaced Zeon's mind. It was him fighting alongside Rukia against a white haired man with blood red eyes leaking poisonous miasma from his accumulated wounds.

"I feel like I've... seen that card somewhere before."

"I see..." Yza lightly smiled and nodded. "I heard this card's voice. It said that it was jealous."

Zeon paused, looking over his shoulder with a pale face.

"What was it jealous about?"

"Me being cool, or something."

Yza knew that what he heard were Zeon's true feelings towards him. He understood that Zeon wanted everything he had.

That was the real reason Zeon was afraid of Yza. He didn't want to confront the person he admired and hated the most.

"Makes sense."

After some pondering, Zeon threw out a half-hearted response and sprinted up the rest of the stairs. Yza followed with guilty footsteps, confirming one thing at least.

What happened in his mind that day also happened to the people he fought alongside with.

Zeon gazed at the entrance of Card Capital. No one was there, but the lights were on. Rattling the door, he noticed it was unlocked. Yza caught up to him, and the two boys opened the door without anymore hesitation.

When Yza and Zeon entered, an ambush of confetti attacked them, and all their friends jumped out from behind the countertops, fight tables, and furniture. A large scroll reading "congratulations and welcome home!" was held up by them.

"Zeon, congratulations on your recovery, and Yza, welcome home!" They shouted.

Scattered across the store was Rukia, Shika, Ayaza, Backlion, Chiharu, Lucine, Akari, Shisue, Hiyoku, Hiku, Shouri, Rino, Wyvon, Ryu, Ryuzaki, Payic, Maverick, Inu, Maxios, and Ayato.

Yza and Zeon were stunned to see everyone gathered together for a party celebrating their return.

"H-huh?" Zeon was taken aback by this. He thought they were joking when Rukia told him they'd hold a party for his discharge.

There was a slight bitterness from having to share with Yza, but at the same time, Zeon didn't especially like the limelight either. He wanted to continue being humble and work from the shadows. He thought people like Yza were more suited for being the centre of attention.

"Ahhh! You guys scared me with this confetti!" Yza whined, but laughed and smiled as his friends huddled around him. "This is sick! How long were you waiting for us?!"

"I was working my ass off since morning to prepare this for you two!" Ryuzaki exclaimed.

"All you did was spend money! We did the heavy lifting!" Inu barked.

"Hell nah. Iku, you carried less than Maverick and Payic combined."

"It's Inu! I-N-U! Why do you always forget?!"

Yza laughed, fondly remembering how Ryuzaki would always mess up Inu's name without fail.

"Oh man, it's been so long..."

"Yo, Yza! It's been ages!" Ryu wandered over and slapped hands with Yza.

"Holy shit... Ryu, is that you?"

"One and only jungle boy, baby." Ryu then showed Yza the green cloth wrapped around his wrist. "You also look different. Bleached hair? That's a stinker."

"I didn't bleach it! My hair went white on it's own!" Yza sighed.

"Damn, that's some stress." Ryu laughed.

"Yeah, thanks Ayaza." Yza said sarcastically.

"It was to bring you back! Plus white hair looks cool! If you don't like it, just dye it black again!" Ayaza exclaimed.

"I don't think you should be saying that so carelessly, Ayaza..." Rukia pointed out the other girl attending the party.

Chiharu was standing around Zeon, congratulating him on his recovery with people like Lucine. Shouri was acting standoffishly but also wanted talk to Zeon.

"Zeon! It's really good to see you look better again!" Chiharu exclaimed. "We prepared some party games, including swinging an axe at Kakusei!"

"That's such a you thing to say..." Shisue said. "Though, it sounds like fun. Are his balls included?"

"They're tomatoes!" Chiharu laughed evilly.

"Ah, perfect replicas." Shisue cackled.

"You two..." Zeon laughed awkwardly, not being used to all the attention coming at once. "You guys really didn't have to go so far..."

"I've never swung an axe before. It sounds fun." Hiku said.

"Not you too Prez!" Zeon exclaimed.

"Ah, don't call me Prez. For now, I'll be relieving you from student council duties since you just came out of hospital, so Hiku's just fine."

"Thanks... but, isn't it a bit pointless now? We're all gonna graduate soon... I didn't do much even when I was in the council."

"I've got to prepare the next generation of the council, don't I? It's a 3rd Year's responsibility to look after their kouhai. That includes you." Hiku smiled.

"I sometimes forget we're in the same year, Hiku. You're way more mature than the rest of us..."

"It happens when you have a brother like him."

"I'm not that irresponsible." Hiyoku rolled his eyes.

"Right..." Zeon smiled awkwardly at the siblings.

"You're so stiff, try to relax. Here, drink some tea." Hiyoku handed some of his sacred beverage to Zeon to try.

"A-aha, thanks..." Zeon gulped it down but continued to act rigid.

"Rukia was adamant on throwing you a party too, you know." Lucine said.

"Yeah, she mentioned it in the hospital, but I never thought it'd actually happen..."

"You deserve it! C'mon, since you're the star of the show, act like it!" Lucine pushed Zeon out of the shadows and into the centre.

"N-no way, everyone's preoccupied with Yza right now!"

"But we're preoccupied with you right now, Zeon!"

Lucine, Chiharu, Shisue, Hiyoku, Hiku, and Shouri were all within his sight.

Zeon raised his eyebrows and started to laugh uncontrollably.

He smiled properly, wiping the tears in the corners of his eyes.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you guys."

A little further down, Ayato approached Yza and shook hands.

"It's a relief to see you survived Overlord's attack."

"That was a really stupid plan, looking back... but I'm glad you managed to get out!"

"A proper thank you is due. Please, accept this as my gift."

Ayato handed Yza a box wrapped in pink.

"Oh, thanks! You really didn't have to!"

"It's the least I can do. I hope it's up to your tastes."

"Did you get me a cake?! If it's strawberry, I'll gobble all of it!"

"Cake? I guess you could say it's "cake"."

Yza raised an eyebrow and opened the box curiously. Peering inside, a lecherous smile spread on his face.

"Oh you sly bastard."

"I like to think I'm a fellow "man of culture". Callum helped me pick some since I'm not into this kind of stuff."

"You hit jackpot! Thanks dude! I'll put these books to good use!"

"Ayato, did ya really gift my dumbass brother porn?" Maxios hollered, creeping up behind Yza and taking a look.

"No comment." Ayato stayed cool as a cucumber under Maxios' fiery pressure.

"Oh god, he did!" Maxios burst out laughing. "Only you'd have the balls to do shit like that."

"It was Callum's advice, not mine."

"Sure, sure."

Yza put down the books to one side and hugged Maxios.

"Thanks for coming all the way out here, big bro."

Maxios laughed slightly, patting Yza's back.

"I really thought you died... it's good to you, little bro."

He picked up Yza from behind, carrying him to the middle of the store.

"Like I'm going down that easily! You should know I put up a fight, even when I'm on the backend!"

"You're such a monkey brain sometimes."

Yza laughed as Maxios tossed him on the couch.

"Ya dropped this king." He then tossed Yza a toy crown.

"We take these dubs!" Yza fit the crown on his head and kicked back with a smug smile.

"Everyone, while we're here, Rino wants to tell you guys something that's been on her mind." Wyvon called out.

"Wow, even Rino looks different! If I didn't know any better, I would've thought he was a girl!" Yza laughed.

Rino quietly stepped in front of everyone, unveiling her new appearance. To nearly everyone's surprise, her feminine charm was on full display as she wore a cute and elegant purple dress with matching makeup.

"That's... kind of the thing." Rino raised her head bravely. "I'm... I'm a girl now."

"Yo, someone edit that sign, we need to congratulate her!!!" Yza exclaimed, grabbing a marker on the table and scribbling a large message for Rino's coming out.

"That's great for you Rino! Congratulations!" Rukia started clapping loudly.

"I'm proud of you! We stan our new queen!!" Chiharu exclaimed.

"Fuck Loona, stan Rino!" Shika fist-pumped the air.

"Hey Backlion, that's another girl that you need to flirt with now." Akari smiled smugly, pushing Backlion towards Rino.

"Allow it, Rino's cute in that dress! Come on baby, I've got flowers, let's dance!" Backlion ran up to her and handed the bouquet he saved.

"Y-you guys aren't weirded out by it...?" Rino flinched as she asked that question, gracefully accepting Backlion's gift.

"Of course not! If it makes you happy, then it makes us happy!" Yza grinned.

"You've come a long way. I'm proud of you." Wyvon smiled brightly at her.

"Wyvon... everyone..." Rino sniffled, scrunching up her face. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she turned to everyone once more. "Then... I have one more request..."

"What is it?" Yza asked.

"From now on... please call me... Rina."

"Then, Lady Rina, it'd be an honour to have the first dance with you." Backlion bowed with a wink.

"A-ah... okay!" Rina started blushing as Backlion took her hand.

"I want next dance!" Wyvon exclaimed.

"Me too!" Chiharu said.

"Let's get this party started than, shall we?" Ryuzaki moved to the speaker and turned on the music.

A flood of Russian hard bass filled the room, and everyone started jamming to it. Backlion tried to have a classical dance with Rina, but they just ended up going with the flow.

"Ohhhh blyat, this is MY jam!"

A thick Russian accent boomed through the room. Kicking down the door was Rem, carrying two boomboxes on his shoulders and blasting more hard bass even louder.

"Holy shit, it's the creator of CFA!" Yza and Ryuzaki exclaimed together.

"Because Yza's back, I added thicc Arka and Moegiddo to CFA! Now, comrades, we party!!!"

"TODAY'S THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! THICC ARKA, WAIT FOR MEEEEEEEEE!"

Ryuzaki ran into the storage room and pulled out a bunch of laptops with CFA installed.

"Fuck, I have to update these?! Iku, give me a hand!"

"It's Inu god damn it!"

While Ryuzaki and Inu was busy updating CFA, everyone else was drinking, eating, cardfighting, dancing, singing, and having a blast.

"HE ADDED THICC ARKA! HE ADDED THICC ARKA! REM IF YOU WERE A WOMAN I'D KISS YOU!!"

"I'm right here you know..." Payic's eyebrow twitched.

"Hey, Payic!" Yza called out to her.

"What?"

Everyone gathered behind Yza and cupped their mouths. Together, they shouted at her, all at once.

"Are your boobs real?!"

Payic's eye twitched as she approached Yza with a devil's smile.

The Russian hard bass continued to blast through the night while the dying screams of Yza echoed in sync with the beat.

(Ending here)

Next time on Z World:

#73: Our Future

Chiharu: Yozocchi... can I see him once more?

================================

A/N

The rest of this volume is gonna be slice-of-life, wrapping up loose ends style shit. Let's see if I can make it before 2020 ends...

Well, I don't have much to say here except my life is a mess (when isn't it a mess?) but it feels good to complete another Z World chapter.

I hope this one got some laughs, especially with Backlion's mad driving and him being smuggled into USR. There was also some sick character development, like showing how similar yet different Yza and Zeon are.

Oh, also, hard bass and Rem. Don't question it, just accept it.

Rem if ur reading this please add thicc Arka and Moegiddo we've been waiting years now please please please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That's all, Fox out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro