Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When she woke up the following morning, she geared up straight away, her hands working to tie her hair up into a ponytail whilst strapping necessary weapons to her body. She pulled a long over coat on top before turning to the men that were left. "I need you guys to let me go in, as soon as I have him, I want you guys to make way to the airport. The police here have caught on and this is gonna prove a big problem for us. The main mission is to get this ass back into Korea. Wait for my signal." The nodded to her as she placed the ear piece in her ears, her eyes flashing towards something her eyes caught. The same symbol that had been following her like a bad omen. She openly cursed, the others turning to her, as she passed them a small fake smile that concealed her worry. She was being set up. She rubbed her temples slightly, as she looked back, she couldn't make out if the other two were in on it, and after weighing out the overall situation she realised she had to go through with it obliviously otherwise she could be facing something worse. She contemplated messaging Kai and the boys but decided against it. They wouldn't get to her quick enough and she knew that pilot had been tipped off. It wouldn't be long until he moved and she couldn't afford that.

She climbed up the stairs to a building hoisting her body up before jumping from roof top to roof top with ease since the buildings were so close together, she thanked the architecture silently as she reached her destination. She slammed the door open, her eyes catching her prey. He held a gun up to her, as she smirked. "You don't want to do that." She said "Who are you?" He asked. She took a threatening step forward not intimidated by the barrel pointed at her face. "I'm your worst nightmare." She poke, swinging her leg to kick the gun out of his hand. She punched him before pushing him back into the wall. She grabbed onto the wooden stool slamming into his crouched form and watching in satisfaction as he cried out in pain. She hauled him up cuffing his hands together before forcing him down. She pushed him forward, placing a hand over the ear con with a moment of hesitation. "I have him." She said, closing her eyes. "We are out in front Ms Bae." She pushed forward. Her steps slowing as they came into view and just as she predicted they had moved their guns in front of her face. The pilot in front of her screamed, and she forced him to the side, her gun working elegantly as she shot one before ducking to the side.

To make matters worse then they already were, she now had the district police on her ass. They shot her second target as Irene forced the pilot into the car, adding the child safety lock before jumping into the drivers seat. She pressed hard on the accelerator, the car ploughing straight into numerous bodies before turning and speeding across. the police followed her as she swerved back and forth managing to lose them within fifteen minutes of a wild goose chase. She looked up towards the man in the back pulling over and pulling out a second pair of handcuffs to hold him to the safety handle. She slammed the door before retreating back into her seat and starting the car up again. Her hand went to her temples as she rubbed them slightly thinking back to Jackson. It was bizarre as to why she caught herself thinking about him, but the mere thought of him managed to calm her racing heart and tense body. She relaxed back into the driving seat, her fingers playing against the steering wheel. She was going to need the petrol soon enough. "Who sent you?" She heard. "Who do you think sent me." She asked carefully pressing record on her phone. "Jessica Kim." Irene remained silent. He laughed. "She doesn't realise she's a toy in all of this. Samuel has everything under wraps. He probably passed her the order to pass it to you to kill me. Right?"  She continued to remain silent as he moved back slightly, "This whole B23 flight has turned out to be a fucking shit show. I was supposed to crash it, get my money and then go into hiding until she fixed me and my wife a place to go. Away from everyone. She a real bitch you know. She thinks she's some big shot but once again she's gone and messed things up. He was right not to trust her. Her backstabbing him is going to end badly for us all."  Irene's eyes widened as she pulled up at the gas station. "Don't try anything." She locked the car before paying up, and collecting some snacks.

He was right. She had the courtesy of meeting Jessica Kim and the girl was as obnoxious as the rest, a CEO queen who ran an underground network of drugs yet Irene knew her well enough to know she wasn't smart enough to come up with such a thick plot as the one she was currently trapped in, nor did she have the right contacts. Irene sighed looking up into the glass window that had some snacks in it, her eyes catching the reflection of the gun pointed at her, she ducked to the side narrowly missing the bullets, she cursed hauling herself to her feet and grabbing some snacks before running back to the car, the guns now facing her direction as she sat down chucking the snack to the back before starting the car. She pressed down hard on the accelerator swerving an oncoming car in the process as she quickly moved off. Her mind replaying Kai's words about the bounty. She looked down to her phone, seeing a message confirming that the footage had been sent to the government and so the stakes were higher. She scrolled down the message that detailed that Wendy had almost got the the footage released and is waiting for her signal. Irene looked at the clock.

To Kai
Do it.

She stepped further on the gas calling for the private jet again that was now waiting at a low-key destination. She looked towards the pilot who seemed to have fallen asleep for which she was grateful for. She lay her head back her phone going off with a phone call she pressed accept. "Hello?" She asked. "Ms Bae." "Yes. Who's speaking?" "Be careful where you tread Ms Bae, you have a life full of corruption as it is but entering this one is a labyrinth, their are doctors, lawyers, district attorneys, government officials and many more involved in this web of lies. You don't stand a chance." The phone call ended, and Irene was left wondering as to what the fuck just happened. She reached the location soon after, and finally she could rest. The pilot was cuffed with no forms of escape and to ensure just that Irene used the second pair to cuff herself to him to ensure that he was there. She looked towards her computer to read over the uproar the footage had caused and just like she had planned. Korea was a mess.

TBC

Authors note:
So there wasn't much jackrene in this one but it's central to the plot. I hope you guys enjoyed it and stay tuned for more. Do let me know what you're thinking. Are you liking the plot?. The plan is to update cry for me tomorrow and then a one shot on Saturday so I hope to see you all there for that too. Thank you. Lots of love and stay safe x

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro