17- Back at the School...

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It had been a few hours and it was already the worst experience Keith ever had. Who knew trying to get people to work on a project, who were still upset about their idols leaving for a sudden vacation, would be so hard to do. "I'm tired...," Lance called, collapsing onto Keith for support.

For the last hour they have been rounding up crying students to work on Three Trials. Once they got them all there, all they wanted to do was be depressing and cling to each other. Keith couldn't stand this. He patted Lance's shoulder to say get up. Lance did so and sat in the chair nearby.

"I know you're still upset about my brother and his friends' absence, but we can greet them with a smile and a successful job! How do you think they'll react when they come back and see that we've made no progress? I tell you this: they'll be disappointed in all of us. So, let's get started and make them proud!" he shouted, making sure to look majority of the students in the eyes.

There was silence for a moment before people  began cheering up. Few by few, people stood up and said small comments such as "Yeah!" and "Let's make them proud!" Keith smiled and earned a thumbs up from Lance and Hunk.

The students instantly got to work creating the first round: Earnesty. The rules were linked with the name. No fouls, no cheating, and no foul play. On top of that there were out-of-bounds areas they created. They also fixed, replaced, and added things to the game itself.

"The magical orb will be glass, meaning you'll have to handle it carefully," Rose explained to her fellow peers. "You'll have to catch it with your hands and toss it to each other lightly. We're currently working on enchanting some shoes that will make you guys fly in the air. There will be pillars of risen earth for you to land on every now and then. That's air and earth."

Another witch course student stepped up proudly and added onto Rose's words. "That leaves us to incorporate fire and water into the game. There, of course, will be obstacles. The rain zone and the fire pit. Below each pillar is a fire pit. It won't burn, but it'll mean you're out if you fall in. After six minutes of extra weight --AKA you-- being in the pillar, you'll fall in resulting in expulsion from the game. The rain will weigh down your clothes and make the game a little harder. This line will be in the middle of the field," she explained and gave the podium to another student from the scholar course.

"That's where the collaboration starts. One magic user will be placed on each team to play with the other across the field, waiting to accept the orb. The team must get the orb to that magic-user twelve times, each time earning two points. Also on each team will be two scholar students and four warrior students. We'll split the field into two so there's four teams with eight people on each. The leftover students will be the lighting, cheer team, and the concession stand workers. There will be a sign up sheet for 'Extra' and 'Team.' We'll distribute jobs based on this," the short male said, then muttered "Though, in no reality this game even exists..."

What a weird student. With that, Keith took the podium with Lance. "So we'll have a practice run to test the field and have those who want to enter sign up. Don't worry about the add-ins, they may seem a little scary, but we tested each idea out already," Keith explained, turning to the already set up field behind them. It wasn't hard with magic-users.

"On top of that, we already have the prize for the winning team," Lance started and turned to Hunk who held a covered tray. "The prize will be a feast with food of their choice, made by Hunk. He is an excellent cook, so do not fear." Hunk removed the metal lid and revealed a single card, propped up, with the words 'Free Feast'.

"You spent all the money didn't you," Keith whispered and saw a bead of sweat go down Lance's neck. He chuckled. "Of course you did. What did you buy?" Lance laughed nervously and stepped down from the podium.

"I bought a few clothes... and maybe a... MM phone," Lance said, scratching the back of his neck. Keith furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"MM phone?" he asked, not sure of what they were. Mystic Messenger phone? No. Magical Muppet phone? That's also a no.

"Mobile Magic phone! They're so cool!" Lance cheered. Keith was way off. Curse his love for magic computer games and visual novels. "Come here, check it out." Lance pulled Keith near and took a selfie with him. Lance showed him the picture, a confused Keith by Lance's side, and smiled. "See? The picture quality of this thing is amazing! This picture's a keeper!!"

Keith looked at the photo one more time and smiled. "Yeah...," he whispered looking at the smiling Lance. His chest hurt a little. Curse his gay heart, mind, and soul. 

"Mr. Kogane? Mr. McClain? There's a letter for you entitled for your hands only," the short scholar student from before said, shoving a envelope into Keith's face because he couldn't reach Lance's. The sender was 'Brother.' 

Lance took the letter and said, "Thank you... Slav, was it?" The boy nodded and walked off. Lance ripped into the envelope and began reading. Keith, feeling desperate and nervous of its contents, tried to get a peek, but Lance held it too close to his face. Suddenly Lance planted the letter on Keith's chest. "You should read this."

Keith took the parchment and began to scan over the words, stopping after the first paragraph. "Dear Keith and Lance, I must inform you that we need Hunk's presence at the Shirogane mansion. We are apparently hosting the Ghost Ball this year and need a cater. I'm sorry to leave you two alone for Project: Three Trials. We would like to hear of your progress through a letter passed through Hunk. As my little brother, you'll be attending the Ghost Ball next Friday, a week from the day this letter should arrive, with a plus one."

Keith had no words. He knew how big the Ghost Ball was, but he didn't ever think he'd attend it. He was only the half brother of the main family's nephew and cousin. "Lance, we're attending the Ghost Ball..."

Lolol. It was about time for some Klance XD. I have never done a chapter based solely on Keith's POV, so it was a new experience. FIELD DAY WAS GREAT!! I literally worked at my club's concession stand half the time then sat in the bleachers. I was practically alone for a hour and a half while my two friends went to stand in line for pizza. It was depressing.

-ThatOneServant, the internal child, out!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro