1-Crossed Lines

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I'm sorry, Midoriya-san, but your son hasn't awakened his quirk yet. He lack the extra pinky toe joint, so it means his quirk should've been awakened by now. Unless there's a possibility that he's quirkless."

The world came crashing down on little Izuku. He sat there, empty, as Inko hugged her only son tight.

Quirkless

"Hah! Useless Deku's quirkless! Can he get more useless than that?!" Kacchan, a.k.a Bakugou Katsuki, laughed, followed by most of the kids in the daycare.

Useless

"What hero are you gonna be, symbol of Hopelessness?! Don't make me laugh!"

Hopeless

"A useless Deku's always gonna be a useless Deku!"

Deku

Annoying

You'll never be a Hero!

You can't do anything right!

I'm sorry!

I'm sorry, but there's a possibility he doesn't have a quirk.

Izuku still held high, high on the hopes of becoming a hero like All Might. That hope from All Might and mom are the only hope he had left. He held onto his frail dream for a decade, never faltering despite the critism and bullying from his childhood friend.

But he's breaking. Slowly. Unknowingly. He's reaching his limits. He's too close.

"What's that shit?" Kacchan, no, Bakugou laughed, snatching his no.13 analysis notebook. Iziku stayed silent.

"Hero Analysis for the future?! Hah! What a load of bullshit!" He set off the exlosion from his palm, successfully burning the book. His lackeys laughed in the background.

Crack

"You're fucking useless, Deku!"

Crack

"You want a quirk so bad then? I've got an advice." Bakugou sneered.

Crack

Bakugou leaned in, and hissed. "Take a swan dive off the roof, and pray that you get a quirk in your next life." And just like that, the four bullies left.

Crack

Izuku stayed silent throughout the whole 'conversation'. He picked up his fallen bag and made hi way to the koi pond, where his burnt notebook was.

"I'm sorry, but my book isn't food." He picked up the book and begin his way home.

'Mom will be worried if i'm home late, i should probably take the shortcut.' He walked under the tunnel. Suddenly, a vision flashed before his eyes. Him, suffocating in something akin to slime.

"Invisible cloak, size M. This will do." Something emerged from the sewers, quickly capturing Izuku.

"WHA- hmmph!?" The slime forced itself down his throat, and Izuku found himself slipping away.

"40 more seconds kid, i'm lucky today. You really are my hero." The slime cackled.

'No, not like this... mom...'

Crack

Before Izuku closed his eyes, a clear, booming voice spoke up.

"TEXAS SMASH!"

'All Might's here!' Izuku smiled tiredly. 'He'll save me from this. He always inspires people, right?'

As it turns out... All Might is no different from the others. Izuku had got his hopes too high. He wished he didn't.

"I'm sorry, kid, but you'll have to be realistic..." And with that, the Symbol of Peace left a broken beyond prepaired boy alone on the rooftop, his dream shattered by the one who inspires it.

Izuku made his way home again. He couldn't bring himself to cry. He felt so empty, so hollow.

It seems as if fate wanted to mock him, as the heroes lectured him while Bakugou's showering with praises and compliments for his quirk.

"-You shouldn't have done that, kid." Kamui Woods said.

-SNAP-

"...You didn't do anything." He whispered under his breath.

"Huh?" Kamui Woods paused.

"I said... You DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! ALL YOU DO IS STAND THERE DOING NOTHING, BECAUSE YOUR QUIRKS ARE 'NOT SUITABLE FOR THE SITUATION'! HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF ATTACKING THE EYE? THE ONLY SOLID PART OF HIS BODY?!" Izuku snarled in spite. It's as if something in him finally snapped. Everyone looked at the greenette in surprise, but he paid no mind, and continued.

"YOU ALL JUST LEFT HIM TO DIE, DOING NOTHING, WHILE I, A USELESS CIVILIAN, MANAGED TO GIVE HIM SOME PRECIOUS SECONDS OF AIR! HEROES MY ASS, YOU'RE NOTHING BUT SHITHEADS WHO'RE ONLY IN FOR POPULARITY AND FAME! I HOPE THE BETTER HEROES LIKE INGENIUM BEAT YOUR ASSES INTO EARLY RETIREMENT!"

With that, the greenette stormed away to his house, dodging the silent crowd and quickly vanishing from sight, and a regretful gaze of a scawny blonde man.

"The fuck's with their deal?!" Yeah, he swore, sue him. He fucking grew up with Bakugou Katsuki. "They expect me to stand there and do nothing when someone's dying?!" Izuku growled, but then sighed. His pent up frustration and rage from all those years ago died down, and he finally noticed the pain in his eyes.

He closed them, but continued walking. The pain eased away, but he can still see everything even with his eyes closed.

Izuku panicked. 'I've got to tell mom-... Holy shit! I forgot how she'll react!'

And he ran, with his eyes closed, as fast as he can home, leaving two blondes who tried to look for him, but failed.

"Mom?"

"Oh thank god Izuku, i was so worried about you! What happened! Are your eyes ok?!-" Inko continued fussing over the greenette, who felt guilty for worrying his mother.

"It's ok, mom. My eyes hurt a bit so i closed them the whole time." He opened them, and Inko gasped.

"I-Izuku! Your eyes!" She pulled him into his room, ignoring his yelp of surprise, and put him in front of the mirror. Izuku also felt his breath hitch. He brought up his hands to inspect the vibrant saphire gems that are his eyes.

"It's your quirk, Izuku! Just like your great grandfather!" Inko exclaimed in tears. Izuku was too shocked to even talk.

"I'm calling your father to tell him, he would be delighted. Is it ok you you, dear?" Inko wiped her tear away to look at him. He nodded. Dad has always supported him, he was the only one who told him to be a hero even after his quirkless status. It's fair to let him share this happiness with the man he's grateful to be existing.

Moments later, he's talking to his dad, Midoriya Hisashi, who's crying over the phone.

"I'm so happy for you Izuku! I'm glad that you have the eyes to help you!" He cried. "I thought grandfather's gift is lost through generations, but it's here with you, and i couldn't have been more glad!" Izuku smiled at his dad.

"So, would you mind telling me about great grandfather's quirk?"

Delighted was the wrong word to use. Izuku swore he could hear Hisashi beaming through the phone all the way from America.

"Of course!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro