-|1|-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Delhi, India
As the chilly winter of December engulfed the ever bustling city of Delhi, the winter sun rays filtering through the glass windows covered with sleek curtains in beige shades which casted a golden glow on the room.

As dawn set in the rays started falling stronger and in synchronous to the intensity of the warmth of the sun rays, loud pop music started booming in the room reverberating through the four walls.
The room was made of modern chic furniture with walls painted in classic white colour with trophies and medals arranged on the shelves along with a pile of books, some academic and some being every reader's dream to possess. The framed certificates on the wall showed the academic prowess of the person owning this room. Everything was arranged neatly to perfection.

'Just hit me with the truth
Now, girl, you're more than welcome to
So give me one good reason, baby come on
I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I wanna see you out that door
Baby, bye, bye, bye'

A guy in his late 20s was seen walking into his room vibing to the lyrics as he picked up his phone to check for any messages that he had missed while away.
Dressed in a casual pastel blue shirt and white tshirt along with black trousers he stood in front of the mirror adjusting the collar of his shirt.
Today was a significant day for him - his first day at his new job, stepping into the corporate world after 6 years of rigorous studying, dreaded exams and monotonous assignments which got him to land a job via the college campus placements which couldn't make him anymore happier.

His mind was racing with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. He knew that his shoulders carried the sacrifices and dreams of his family.

'Naksh beta' came a feminine voice from the kitchen which alarmed him. He made his way towards the dining table in the living room when he was greeted by the sight of his dad, Parthiv Mathur who was already seated reading his morning newspaper and sipping up his cup of coffee, his mom and grandmother preparing for the morning meal.

"Good morning handsome man" He wished his dad while chuckling at his expression
"There you go have you already started with your antics early in the morning" Parthiv laughed at the jovial kid in front of him.
"Daily dose of laughter is good for your health dad" Naksh smiled softly and was browsing through his phone for any updates.
"Good morning beta" Nivedita said placing the plate of parathas in front of him making his eyes beam in excitement .
"Aaj toh tere favorite bane hai bade pyaar se banaye hai teri maa ne" His grandmother; Kaushalya Mathur a senile yet cheerful soul who didn't make it seem like she aged a day after 40 years sat beside him while pulling his cheeks as though he was a little kid.

As the family was busy having their breakfast their phones pinged up with notification simultaneously. Naksh looked up from his plate with a knowing smile as he picked up his phone to read out the message.

Keeping Up With The Mathurs
Good morning fam! Sending you all a picture of Mumbai skyline to brighten up your day!
Love
~V

Naksh smiled at the message as it has been their daily routine for the past few years to keep in touch with each other.
"How thoughtful of her to send such  messages early in the morning" Parthiv exclaimed as he replied to the texts on their family WhatsApp group.
"True kudos to Akshu for coming up with such a name"  Nivedita laughed out at the group name.
"Maa won Akshat Mathur hai he ought to be dramatic in every single thing that he does." Naksh chuckled.

The family was resumed having their breakfast in peaceful silence when Naksh got up with a final nod, ready to start his day.

"All set for big day?" Asked his mother and he smiled in return
"Remember Naksh no matter how challenging things get, we're always here for you. Do your best and make us proud beta like you always have." His dad spoke with a serious yet an affectionate tone.
He bent down to take his blessings from the elders and left for his workplace.

The busy streets of Mumbai roared with traffic of morning hours along with local trains signalling their departure and arrival. The sea ever present in the background added a soothing soundtrack of crashing waves.
In the bustling neighbourhood of Andheri the Mathur household was renowned for its vibrant energy, largely credited to the twins Akshat and Vanya.

Vanya, the elder by a scant two minutes was known for her razor sharp wit and quick thinking, her light brown eyes always glistening with a hint of mischief which could cut through any pretence. Akshat the younger twin had a reputation for his savage comebacks and a knack for turning any mundane situations into moments of hilarity.
Their rooms were a testament to their dynamic personalities with one strewn with Akshat's comic books and gadgets while the other was adorned with all sorts of music posters and books.

Today was an unusually calm day in the house with their parents Parikshit and Gitanjali getting ready to start off their day.

" Gita, don't you think our house seems unusually calm today" Parikshit out of curiosity questioned his wife who facepalmed herself and started laughing
" There you go now your wish is gonna be granted dear husband" Gitanjali replied and as a signal they heard some commotion in their living room making them rush outside their bedroom towards the entrance only to see their dear kids having a face off yet again.
Well it wasn't something new for them just that this time there was a third person, nope correction a third creature involved.

"Vanu I swear don't bring that creature anywhere near me I'll throw this football on your already pathetic face" Akshat rambled holding a football in his hand with his legs shivering as he was looking at Vanya with an unusual creature in his hand which terrified him to the core of his soul to say the least.
Vanya on the other hand was holding an adorable pup in her hand cradling it like an infant as it snuggled more into her arms for warmth. She was really enjoying this scene in front of her as she was laughing continuously looking at her not so little brother being scared of a literal baby.

" Oh come on Akshu look at him he's so small and such a cute goofball you have to look at him for once you would love him" Vanya spoke holding the pup out towards him while she adored him more than ever.
" No no no way not in this lifetime, agle 7 janam mein bhi iss praani ko nhi dekhna mujhe" Akshat being the scaredy cat yelled making Vanya laugh even more.

Their parents who were witnessing the comic circus unfold in front of them decided to intervene to find a solution for this problem.

" Chup ho jao dono, Vanu where did you get this dog from?" Gitanjali asked
"Exactly how did you find this adorable being" Parikshit who caressed the pup with love asked making Vanya proud of herself who smirked at Akshat while he rolled his eyes at her and crossed his arms in front of his chest waiting for a decision to be made soon to get rid of his nightmare.

"I found him near the street corner he was in such a vulnerable state Papa I wanted to help him so I got him here. Please let me keep him Mumma Papa I would take good care of him" Vanya answered all their queries while pleading with her signature puppy eyes.
" No are you guys mad we are not keeping this creature in this freaking house" Akshat still on the couch made his point
"Get off that couch first of all" His mother called out when he got down and ran behind her to hide .

Parikshit looked at the dog which was staring back at him with huge jet black eyeballs. He always wanted a dog but his siblings being the scaredy cats like Akshat he would always get random animals at home and then would let all of them go away after few days.

"Who's gonna be responsible for this?" Gitanjali asked breaking his chain of thoughts making Akshat' s eyes go wide enough for them to pop out of their orbits.
" What! No listen up everybody either I would stay in this house or this creature would stay" Akshat being the dramatic self announced
"I would choose this goofball you can buzz off happily" Vanya replied pointing towards the pup making Akshat stomp his feet in annoyance while she laughed at her accomplishment of getting on dear brother's nerves.

"Parikshit we cannot look after this pup with all of us gone for the day how do we manage then?" Gitanjali raised a relevant point which made him ponder over the decision.
" We'll look into this in the evening na mumma I am here for the day so I'll look after him please papa let's keep him please" Vanya pleaded which made him somewhat convinced about keeping it in the house.
"If those puppy eyes are doing the work then papa please we are not gonna keep this creature in the house" Akshat tried to plead imitating Vanya which made all of them burst into fits of laughter
" Gavar! Dog kehte hai isse dimaag mein batate bhare hai tune" Vanya laughed out.

"We'll discuss this in the evening" Parikshit announced putting an end to the dramatic scene
"I'll leave this house if this dog stays here Mumma chalo sathme" Akshat walked away pulling his mother's hand
"Oyy nautanki koi kahi nahi jayega we'll work out something for this" Parikshit smacked his head making Akshat pout like a kid.

Gitanjali ruffled his hair and assured him as both the adults were leaving for their respective workplaces leaving behind their two hot headed kids at a staring contest.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro