Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Attending university, Blue sighed at having another day in it. There are just some days that you don't want to go to class without any reason and it's one of those days. He lazily dressed up and grabbed whatever notebook he could find in his room. Hopefully, he'll be able to write down while in class but he doubts it.

"Lulu!"

His whole weekend was a mess but fun. River stayed over and every morning was a menace to him. Blue would catch themselves in a weird, not-so-friendly, position. The first night absolutely caught Blue off-guard. River has his arms around the boy and Blue was facing towards, snuggling against his chest. He doesn't know how but they definitely slept with space between them. The second night was still River having his arms around Blue but the boy has his back facing the man and River was snuggling against back.

Blue blushed at remembering them. He slapped himself, snapping himself out of his thoughts. Then an arm was wrapped around his shoulders.

"Here," the boy gave a wrapped box to the man, reaching it out to him, "Papa cooked you lunch."

"Oh, thank you. We'll be eating together, won't we?" River asked.

Blue nodded, "Unless you're busy."

"Nah, I always have time for you."

The boy hummed, "You're a flirt and I hate it."

"Having time for my bestfriend is flirting?" the taller asked.

He has a point.

"I mean, it's just the way you say the words, I guess," Blue uttered.

"Well, I do have volleyball tryouts. You should come over. It's just after classes," River invited, with an exciting smile on his face.

The boy shrugged, "Sure. I'll pass by. And because of that, you should do your best."

"Of course! I'll impress you, just like always."

Just like always.

Blue chuckled, "And if you miss a spike, I'll make sure it's recorded."

"That's mean!"

As expected, Blue wasn't able to listen much in class. He drew things instead in his notebook, trying his hardest not to fall asleep. He'll maybe read the textbook at home. He just wasn't in his mind today for some unknown reason.

Right after class, Blue made his way out of the room. He didn't wait for everyone to go out. He doesn't have anyone to wait anyway. This is what he was saying when he's lazy to make conversations with anyone.

"Pa, I'll be late today. River asked me to watch him in the tryouts today," Blue said on the phone.

"It's alright. Just don't be out too long. Why don't you try joining it too?"

The boy flinched, "W-What? Pa, I grew up inactive."

"Your dad kept on asking you to join him to play tennis or basketball, right? But..."

Blue frowned, "I refused. Because I was lazy! And also, I don't like sports like he does."

"Try joining organizations."

"Pa, I'm socially awkward too."

"Ask River to join with you."

"I-I don't want to bother him."

"You have too many excuses, Lue."

"You taught me to. Anyway, bye, pa! I gotta go."

He walked down the sidewalk, trying not make eye contacts while he was in call, and made his way to wherever the tryouts are. What he meant by that was River didn't tell him where. The man was too excited that he forgot to tell the boy if they'll be taking the open field or the gymnasium. But Blue took a wild but obvious guess that it would be in the gymnasium.

Blue reached the large building and stood infront of the double brown doors. He looked through the windows and tried to look around, finding his tall friend around while the tryouts are on-going. He thought River's outside but the man suddenly popped out of nowhere. He was about to go in but he stopped when a girl suddenly went over to River and excitingly told something to him.

They seemed to be going along well. Maybe they're blockmates but Blue wished that they never met.

Suddenly, the boy didn't want to go in and present himself.

He made up his mind and maybe he should just text River. Now he remembered why he wants to forget about his feelings for him. At some time, River will just call him and tell him that he's courting someone else but him. He wants to be happy for his friend but it's harder than he thought. Blue sighed and just took a taxi on the way home. It doesn't matter if his father will nag at him, he just wants to be in his room right now.

Right when he arrived, he greeted his father who was taking care of his five-year old baby sister. Ruby greeted him with a cute tone when she called her brother and a sweet smile. He just gave his papa a brief smile, soft peck on his sister's cheek, before he went and walked upstairs where his room is. Blue placed his bag down before he threw himself on his bed and sighed against the sheets.

"Why am I stupid?" Blue asked himself.

A few seconds later, he heard his father called him.

"Lue, come down after you change, please!" Taeyong shouted.

The boy was tired to change but he pushed himself anyway. He quickly changed in just a tank top and shorts before he went out to see his father downstairs. He saw Ruby playing quietly with her dolls and the dollhouse.

"Pa, you called me?" Blue asked.

His father looked back at him with a worried smile, "Are you fine? I thought you'll come home late."

"Yeah, I'm good. The...tryouts were cancelled," the boy excused.

"And where is River? He didn't drive you home?" the older asked.

"He was busy."

Taeyong nodded, "Do you need anything? You can always tell me or your dad if you need something or if you have any problems. We can help you."

"Pa, I'm fine, don't worry. I'm just tired," Blue said.

"Okay...go and have some rest then. I'll call you when your dad's home."

The boy didn't waste any time and went back into his room, his face was still obvious that he wasn't in the mood. Blue sat on his study chair and thought that he should just read his lesson in his textbook since he wasn't able to listen a while ago. Grabbing the book, he placed it on his table and opened it to start reading. This was his way to distract himself.

He could have been making some drawings but that wouldn't work.

Suddenly, his phone rang and Blue knew who it was without looking who's calling him. He planned not answering but that wouldn't be a good idea. River would start thinking about it as a big deal and he doesn't want to deal anything with him at the moment.

Putting the call on speaker, he just lets his phone on his table.

"Lue?"

"You called?"

"I didn't see you in the tryouts."

"...I needed to go home. Papa needed help."

"Well...you could have texted me."

"I was in a hurry...How was the tryouts anyway?"

"I got accepted," River smiled and Blue knew from the way he said those words, "I was going to treat you somewhere, but you weren't there."

"I'm sure you had others to cheer you on, Iv."

"Yeah, but I wanted you to be there."

"Next time...I'll be there."

"Are you free tomorrow?"

Blue hummed, "I don't know. Why?"

"Let's eat outside and also, I have my tattoo appointment tomorrow at five too. Come with me."

"You don't have anyone else to come with you?"

River frowned, "Are you in a bad mood?"

"I'm...just busy, that's all, Iver."

"Alright then. Text me if you want to come tomorrow. If not, then it's fine."

The boy didn't answer back, even when the call was ended by the other line at some seconds later. Blue slammed his pen before he leaned against the backrest of his chair and loudly breathed out, mad at himself for being jealous when him and River are just childhood friends. He shouldn't feel anything like this. He shouldn't be mad because River's with a girl.

Comparing himself to the girl, he already felt defeated.

A/N: i didn't know this would get more than 100 reads ;;

thank you :']

Love lots ♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro